Bad Dog's Ungulates: Horse, Deer, Minotaur (LE & SE)

Yup, no T-posing, just idling. Can talk to them normally, can recruit, they just won't move.

Yesterday I managed to "fix" Neema for a moment... But still don't understand HOW and WHY

-teleported her a bunch of times

-at some point she started walking... Just not where I wanted her to go

-turns out she was going home

-after that she was behaving normally, followed me, fought alongside me...

-...until she decided not to move again

Playing SE mod version on newest Skyrim build (so technically AE, just without the DLC) if it helps

There's something odd about the ungulates. Several times I would be in some other part of skyrim, never having gone to their valley at all, and I'd meet one of them just passing through. No good reason I could see at all, since their packages never have them leave the valley.

Maybe load order? Some mod overriding a vanilla package? Dunno.

1 minute ago, Bad Dog said:

There's something odd about the ungulates. Several times I would be in some other part of skyrim, never having gone to their valley at all, and I'd meet one of them just passing through. No good reason I could see at all, since their packages never have them leave the valley.

maybe they just wanted to go to the pub?

1 minute ago, APL Avatar said:

The horses look nice in the pics. Would love to get a more simple version like a few followers etc. I would not be playing them but would like to pick one or 2 to have around in a specific spot. 

I don't understand what you mean. The mod already includes a small set of NPCs for each race (including potential followers), and just like any other race mod, you can simply not select the race(s) in RaceMenu when creating your character if you don't want to play as them.

9 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I don't understand what you mean. The mod already includes a small set of NPCs for each race (including potential followers), and just like any other race mod, you can simply not select the race(s) in RaceMenu when creating your character if you don't want to play as them.

This is the only part I want to avoid "Horses can be found there or in Whiterun near the Gildergreen, or in the evening hanging out in the Bannered Mare or with the Companions."

I like to keep my game mostly vanilla I even avoid extra npc mods. Just a personal preference.

18 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Redownloaded the mod, made sure it loads as late as possible, and now it seems to work fine (hope I don't jinx it)

The NPCs do walk around, but I guess it is to be expected, since it's in the description.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:58 AM, Bad Dog said:

Minotaurs

• They're cattle. There's a range of horns, a little jewelry. 
  • There's a herd in the Mor Khazgur valley. They occasionally come in to Dead Man's Drink or do some shopping in Solitude.

(Unless they go somewhere where they're not supposed to. Then it's probably ghosts)

So yeah, for now it seems problem's solved

1 hour ago, Gannyr said:

Hiya, I've been reinstalling SE and have hit a bit of a snag for this.  The google drive link is saying the files have reached their quota limits and won't download.  Are there any other mirror sites this can be found at?

No mirrors available, sadly. You'll have to wait for the quota to reset, which usually takes a few hours at least and might take up to a day or even two. :classic_undecided:

Furry Fallout 4 is particularly bad at it: between the files being so big and also seemingly so popular, it always takes a day or two after release before the files are actually downloadable because the quota is reached real quick, lol. TBH I'm kinda surprised this one reached it as well.

46 minutes ago, Gannyr said:

didn't know it was just a time based restriction instead of just flat being done

Yeah, I don't know the specifics but GDrive seems to have some kind of "Max MBs downloaded every X hours" cap on a per-file basis, so if a file is very popular (or mildly popular but also very large) and too many downloads happen in a short timespan, you end up with that error message. I'd try in a few hours or just straight up in a day or so, the quota should have reset by then.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, pupfluff said:

is there anyway to make this compatible with sam? i know it's most likely not possible but i really want to use these together, is there anyway to allow the textures for these races to go on the sam body? i'm open for any solution 

i use the legendary edition

• 1 month later...

quote:" 

• There's an addon to make the deer digitigrade. I recommend it too. I didn't think the horses or minotaurs needed a digitigrade option."

Well, the unicorn has digigrade according to some lore .. 

Picture only for your amusement. Keep up the cool worx! Could use more conversions of gags ?

P.S. Could we get a patch for the BAC thing where the hooves are replaced ?

ScreenShot57.png

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Facial animations (lip sync etc) on these guys are amazing!

I've been looking for a good mino so I can use the following criteria...

Defaultmale.hkx - so  I can use breastfeeding animes/sleep idles etc

facial lip sync - so their mouths move, yours even have their ears move which is awesome!

Willies - horse penis like schlongs

There is one snag though.. I only have bdungulatesos.esp enabled with the other two schlongs disabled, but I couldn't see the options for the normal schlongs in schlong mcm. Looked in the bdungulatesos.esp and couldn't see any reference to HorseGenitals_1 & MinoGenitals_1. Unless I'm missing something?! Anyway as an experiment I added an sos light skeleton and added the mino penis as an armor addon (tried the horse penis before and that looked great too! This is the result albeit with a slight seam :( . Ignore the girl sitting next to him she's pure evil!

Spoiler

enb2022_9_30_01_14_25.jpg.a702c815ed95ad1bfef61ea93ced01e0.jpg

Spoiler

enb2022_9_30_01_16_30.jpg.1a5a59dc18cb1477825b3471d2b910c8.jpg

I've given him a height of 1.2, I want him to be imposing the only snag of that animations don't line up (scaling in sexlab fixes it but doesn't revert the change - well not for me). I guess I could use setscale before and after an animation or maybe just bite the bullet and reduce his height to 1.1.

One thing I'd like though is maybe....

slightly thicker hooves - going to give him a giant stomp when he's overwhelmed in battle

muscular abs - I might try a normal msn tomorrow and see how it goes

anyway thanks for this!

I'll check out the schlong.

Outsized actors are a problem without a good solution. You can adjust each animation so the right parts line up, but then you have some of the actors floating or clipping. 

I could do a bodyslide thing for the hooves, I guess. There's been conversation over the years about how big the feet should be on these anthros. But the calf seam limits what can be done.

On mature consideration, I think I'm just going to remove bdungulatesos.esp. There's now an option in Hoodies to shut the whole mechanism down, so you always have the unsheathed version of the schlong. I don't see any reason to be shipping the SOS-only version anymore.

13 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I could do a bodyslide thing for the hooves, I guess. There's been conversation over the years about how big the feet should be on these anthros. But the calf seam limits what can be done.

Thanks!

I swapped his msn for a more muscular look, gave him a horse cock too (removed the anus from nif, although I might go with the mino cock...decisions decisions)..

Spoiler

enb2022_9_30_15_54_32.jpg.3ee4184beef6c4f270e4e4ace2e2eaad.jpg

He has a weird black patch on his butt though (guess I could use paint to cover it)...

Spoiler

enb2022_9_30_15_53_55.jpg.52fb613e1be938519c1bfa4464d21627.jpg

One thing I found odd when firing up my mod in ck (with bdungulate as master) is each time I saved it added a worldspace related to the mino (can't remember off the top of my head but one thing I noticed in ck log is...

Spoiler

PATHFINDING: NavMesh in cell Wilderness (Tamriel[0,-1]) should be refinalized, there are navmesh bounds missing
PATHFINDING: NavMesh in cell Wilderness (Tamriel[-36,19]) should be refinalized, there are navmesh bounds missing
PATHFINDING: NavMesh in cell BDMinotaurHouseExterior (Tamriel[-36,18]) should be refinalized, there are navmesh bounds missing
PATHFINDING: NavMesh in cell Wilderness (Tamriel[-36,17]) should be refinalized, there are navmesh bounds missing
PATHFINDING: NavMesh in cell Wilderness (Tamriel[-35,18]) should be refinalized, there are navmesh bounds missing
PATHFINDING: NavMesh in cell Wilderness (Tamriel[-35,17]) should be refinalized, there are navmesh bounds missing

Removing bdungulates as a master fixed it. :) Could be related to why you found them out and about in skyrim.

I like the way their schlongs look as they dangle!

After being refused by almost every mod author for asset use under the sun I almost, almost went with a trolloc from the wonderful WOT mod, but they looked a way bit too dremorish. I saw your mino before in the images and thought it didn't fit, but when I saw the bison I thought "wow" (hint: add the bison in the mod piccies).

Now I only need to pick a voice for the mino (galmar I think) and maybe tweak it under audacity.

thanks!