Bikini Mage Robes - CBBE

View File
This mod provides BodySlide files for two new massively-customizable mage robes. Downloads include packages for CBBE/CBBE Physics, as well as 3BBB Amazing Body.

Bikini Mage Robes

41285-1602397771-1413197335.png

What is it?
This mod provides BodySlide files for two new massively-customizable mage robes. Downloads include packages for CBBE/CBBE Physics, as well as 3BBB Amazing Body. Install either, or both at once.

When you build the outfits in BodySlide, you'll have the option of choosing the Replacer sets, which will act as replacers for the College of Winterhold Apprentice robes and Journeyman robes, or the Standalone sets, which (through the use of an additional ESP) introduce standalone versions of the bikini robes, allowing you to leave your vanilla robes untouched. Or use both Replacer and Standalone in the same game for maximum robe variety.

Pieces include Apprentice robes, hood (for all races), and boots; and the Journeyman robes and boots. 1st Person models (ie. bare arms) are included in the sets too.

Extensive BodySlide Zap customization options mean you can make the robes look the way you like. Skimpy or non-skimpy, cool or sexy (or both). Just look at those screenshots, man. Look how diagonal they are. That's how you know it's good stuff.

How does it work?
Download and install. The installation package offers the option of installing an optional Standalone ESP if you like (it's ESL flagged, don't worry).

Next, open BodySlide and build the outfits using your favorite BodySlide preset. The new robes will be collected in the groups "Bikini Robe Replacer" or "Bikini Robe Standalone". Pieces will have the prefix "Bikini Replacer - ". If you're using the Standalone ESP, be sure you build the Standalone outfits too, or you're gonna have a bad time.

A good tip is to batch-build the set you like, then go back and choose customization options and build individual pieces a second time (that way, you won't be missing one by accident).

The outfits that are built don't come with their own textures, but instead will use whatever mage robe textures you have installed. For best results, you should probably use the Opulent Outfits Vanilla Texture Replacer SE, though you can still technically use whatever robe textures you like, it won't break anything (though it may look a bit janky).

*The Standalone sets are always included with the BodySlide files, but only the ESP will enable them in-game. Just remember to build them.

Acquiring the Standalone robe versions will require the use of console commands (use help "bikini robe" to find the pieces) or simply use AddItemMenu. (It may seem like a hassle to do it this way, but the less the ESP impacts your game, the less there's a chance for conflicts.)

Conflicts/Compatibility
-Technically compatible with all robe retextures (though best with Opulent Outfits Vanilla Texture Replacer SE, of course).
-When you build the outfits, they will overwrite any previous mage robes you may have installed or BodySlide-built.
-If you have any mods that disable vanilla robes, the replacer outfits will obviously not be seen in-game. However, the standalone outfits should still be fine.
-The standalone outfits are simple, unenchanted robe items based on the latest stats from the Unofficial Patch, so if you're using some other mod that changes the stats of equipment, be warned that the Standalone bikini robes may not match up to the rest of your game.

-The optional files section contains a compatibility patch for outfit replacers (like BD's Armor and Clothing Replacer). The patch merely contains the USSEP armor addon records for the college robes. Loading the patch after the outfit replacer should undo its changes and let the robes from this mod show up in your game. However, the patch may not work for mods that replace both the armor addon and armor records for a given robe (ie. mods that include not only appearance changes, but also stat or functionality changes as well).

Other notes and features
- The Bikini Robes are designed to synergize very well with the Bikini Armor Replacer. In fact, this mod comes with updated BodySlide group files that will include the new Bikini Replacer robes with the rest, allowing you to batch build all Bikini Replacer items at once, if you like.
- It's also possible to use Bikini Armor Replacer 1-handed gauntlets with these robes.
- Among the many Zap customization options are "Sleeve" and "Stocking" pieces. Some of these are labeled with (G) or (B). These pieces are partitioned in such a way that they will automatically disappear when you equip Gauntlets or Boots.

Mods appearing in screenshots
CBBE Muscle Solution
Opulent Outfits Vanilla Texture Replacer SE
Bikini Armor Replacer
Rudy ENB for Obsidian Weathers
Immersive College of Winterhold
Expressive Facegen Morphs
KS Hairdos SSE
BeastHHBB
aMidianBorn Book of Silence SSE
Poser Hotkeys SE
Flawn's Argonians
Flawn's Argonian Overlays
Demoniac High-Quality Glossy Female Body Texture 
Community Overlays 3
Strange Runes
Beast Race Bodypaints
ENB Light

Credits

This mod made possible by the following:
BodySlide and Outfit Studio by Ousnius and Caliente
Blender 2.79b from the Blender Foundation
GIMP 2.10.8
FOMOD Creation Tool by Wenderer

Permissions

Anything short of taking this mod and slapping your own name on it is A-OK with me. Convert it, use the resources for other outfits, stick it on followers, etc. etc.

Consider this your notice of permission to go nuts. We need more bikini armors around here, not less.

Potentially asked questions
Q: Are you gonna port this to LE?
A: Nuh uh. I'm ready to move on to the next one. But you can port it, if you like.

Q: Some of these things aren't bikinis.
A: That's not a question, hypothetical person. By now, I think everyone understands the paradigm of "Bikini Armor" and what it entails.

Q: Will there be a BHUNP version?
A: You know, I actually started one, but uuuUuUUUUuuuuuggggh! Do you know how many sliders BHUNP has? Like, almost 200, man. That's no joke. So, in conclusion, no. But as always, you can do it if you want.

Q: How come these robes make my butt look big?
A: That's to help reduce clipping with leg armor.

Q: What about HDT-SMP?
A: I looked into that too. Unfortunately, without the proper toolchain already in place, I just can't make it work, and I wanted to get this mod out sometime this millennium. But whenever someone does make an HDT-SMP+cloth version, I'll be at the front of the line to download it. And I sure hope that person starts soon, because I have a mighty need for cloth physics.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/13/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    CBBE, BodySlide, CBBE 3BA, Racemenu High Heels, Opulent Outfits Vanilla Texture Replacer SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

I think I've finally worked all the kinks out, so here you go, chaps. If you have any problems or complaints or whatever, don't hesitate to let me know. I'm all about customer service, even when those customers aren't exactly paying me for anything. Some questions or whatever might have been answered on the corresponding Nexus mod forum page (located here), so like, you might find what you're looking for there, too.

Hope you like it.

14 hours ago, hexanimus said:

These look amazing!  Do they have the bikini keyword on them that would allow them to work with features from Sexlab Survival?  If not would it be too much trouble to add it in?  Still haven't learned how to do such things myself yet.

Uh, sorry chappie, no keywords added. The replacers are just replacers, and the standalone esp records are just copied from vanilla.

I've never used Sexlab Survival and don't know what the bikini keyword does, so even if I were going to add it in, I'd have no way of testing it. Sorry.

But it sounds like a simple fix in SSEedit. I guess. I've never done it either. But it's probably the sort of thing you could do yourself if you wanted. Probably just typing in the right word in the right field.

16 minutes ago, beerman778 said:

Would be super cool to have the outfits separated into pieces like Bikini Armors. I feel like this mods wastes a lot of potential by only making two robes accessible at any time.

Obviously this would not work as replacer, but as standalone.

To be fair if you use the replacer and the standalone you ought to be able to create 4 variations altogether if I'm not mistaken. 

Anyway, awesome mod @Grafenstein, many thanks! 

3 hours ago, Moacir Jr said:

Sorry, i think i am a bit, or much, lazy... but where is this glorious and fabulous robes???? I receive 2 robes, horribles, nothing like the images...

Can help me ? I forgot anything?

I'm not sure what you're describing.

Did you install all the required mods that are listed on the page? Did you build the sets in BodySlide?

If you have another clothing replacer, you may need the compatibility plugin I've added.

On 10/20/2020 at 4:37 PM, Grafenstein said:

I'm not sure what you're describing.

Did you install all the required mods that are listed on the page? Did you build the sets in BodySlide?

If you have another clothing replacer, you may need the compatibility plugin I've added.

Was my fault. Sorry, I forgot the opulent mod... all is working like a charm... good job, and greate mod....

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2020 at 6:26 PM, beerman778 said:

Would be super cool to have the outfits separated into pieces like Bikini Armors. I feel like this mods wastes a lot of potential by only making two robes accessible at any time.

Obviously this would not work as replacer, but as standalone.

That would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 5:12 AM, Battle64 said:

How do you fix the invisible body parts?  I turned of some sleeves off and now the armor give perma invisible arms.  Also, why are the sleeves invisible in first person?  Kind makes them pointless, unless I didn't download this correctly...

For your first question, invisible body parts means that you clicked "Save" in BodySlide. Doing that will save the zap settings to your body preset. Unfortunately, due to hidden zaps used to prevent clipping, these zaps don't transfer well between outfits, causing some hidden zaps to be activated improperly. The solution is to either re-install your body preset or open the preset xml and delete the "zap" lines. Should take care of it.

As for why the sleeves are invisible in first person, it's because first person is weird and having the sleeves active would probably lead to all sorts of funky clipping. So to prevent that, I just provided bare arms as the first person models. If you don't want them, just don't build those (or delete the 1stperson-- meshes in the outfit folders). Then you'll just get the vanilla first person robe sleeves instead.

• 1 month later...

I'm new to modding, so I need to ask a dumb question regarding the download files you got.

I'm using a CBBE body, so I get downloading the Bikini_Robes_(CBBE).zip file and the replacer file, but what exactly is Bikini Robe Argonian Preset-Instructions And Mod.zip?

Is it just the mod with a female Argonian preset included?

10 hours ago, Avi4 said:

Is it just the mod with a female Argonian preset included?

It's a completely separate and fully optional thing - the Racemenu Preset (and some additional instructions) necessary to reproduce the Argonian in the screenshots. Some people were asking for it, so I provided.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I like this mod, however I have some problems with it.

The customization in Bodyslide looks good, however it doesn't really want to work for me. Replacer or standalone, even after customizing and batch building the pieces, the in-game model does not change. What makes this even weirder that I can change the boots, they work fine after tweaking them in Bodyslide, but every other piece refuses to work. Also I'm using 3BA.

Help?

22 minutes ago, Teslahun said:

Okay I like this mod, however I have some problems with it.

The customization in Bodyslide looks good, however it doesn't really want to work for me. Replacer or standalone, even after customizing and batch building the pieces, the in-game model does not change. What makes this even weirder that I can change the boots, they work fine after tweaking them in Bodyslide, but every other piece refuses to work. Also I'm using 3BA.

Help?

Essentially, Batch Build in BodySlide only builds the default settings, so if you want to customize, you'll have to build each outfit individually. Try that and see if it solves your problems.

And remember to never click the Save button on one of these outfits. It's tempting, but doing that has a very high chance of creating undesirable interactions between the outfits.

4 hours ago, Grafenstein said:

Essentially, Batch Build in BodySlide only builds the default settings, so if you want to customize, you'll have to build each outfit individually. Try that and see if it solves your problems.

And remember to never click the Save button on one of these outfits. It's tempting, but doing that has a very high chance of creating undesirable interactions between the outfits.

Well thanks, it sort of worked. For the first time I customized and built a 3BA outfit, the top didn't change in-game again, only the boots. I went back into bodyslide, and with a mega-brain moment (aka randomly doing stuff until it works) I decided to customize and build 1 outfit with all body options (CBBE, CBBE Physics, 3BA). And now it finally works. Don't know why it does this, all I know is that it's going to take quite a while until I finish every outfit.

Thanks for the help and the super-quick reply!

Are there any plans to continue this project? There are, after all more mage robes, monk/priest robes and simply clothing that could benefit from this. I guess a quick and dirty way to do this could be to just copy in thease meshes on thease and restart the process of bodyslide and zapping them.

8 minutes ago, sweforce said:

Are there any plans to continue this project? There are, after all more mage robes, monk/priest robes and simply clothing that could benefit from this. I guess a quick and dirty way to do this could be to just copy in thease meshes on thease and restart the process of bodyslide and zapping them.

Plans? Not plans exactly, but maybe "hope" is better. I have a handful of WIP meshes for the other robes, but nothing near ready to go yet, and a lot of other high-priority items on my ToDo list. Relatively soon (as of writing this) I'm planning to have an updated version of the bikini robes released. It will contain updates for the latest body meshes along with some major quality of life improvements that should keep people from bugging me all the time (Ha!). But after that, there's a bunch of other things I'd need to finish before I could work on additional robe types. Guess we'll all just have to see how things go.

Time will tell then but this is basically a unique type of mod since it do what so many armor mods do for clothing, here mage robes. Trying to, well, skimpify anything non armour seem to be difficult of some reason. I work on modding my game up for a tropical experience and wanted bare breasts to be a relativily common sight. Doing this for armour is easy but clothes tend to resist my efforts. ?