SexoutBrutalRapers

Jallil for president!

Concerning the messy scripting situation, there's no one person than can be blamed really. This plugin has had a dozen or so authors at different times, and almost all of us here are learning as we go, heh. Same situation with Sexout SewerSlave - I'm one of the (minor) multitudinous authors of that one - go take a look at that if you want a nightmare. 

I wasn't trying to blame anyone, I know it came off that way, but I wasn't. I think Zippy did a great job keeping this going. BR (much to the dismay of my partner) is one of my goto mods for new vegas. Which is why my comments probably sound either too snide or too enthusiastic.

It's why when I started playing new vegas a week or so ago that I started testing the newish version that Zippy had been taking care of. The downside of testing though, is I used to work QA for HP, and I like tearing shit apart and getting to the bottom of whats wrong, thus my ripping apart the scripts. (sorry Zippy)

No dude, like Zippy said, you're all good. I didn't mean to come off as defensive or anything. We can always use more people like you around here. Please... rip, tear, and rebuild to your heart's content.

(As an aside, QA bros unite! I'm hardware QA though, and I work for a reseller, not HP themselves.)

I was just explaining why things are hilariously borked sometimes, lol.

Just to add a voice; stalking wasn't working with the version posted in Downloads, now with the version posted here on 5/14 it starts out working but then I get the repeated "SexoutBRCR SEU Victim [playername]" after the third stalking and stalking stops working.  The third stalker also only did a knockdown and just stood there.

As a check I found my old version of SexoutBrutalRapers.esp (which dates 2012-09-01) and installed it over the new version without changing anything else about my installed mods or load order.  With this old version, stalkers works as intended.  So something went wrong after this version.

I'm going to go ahead and attach it, if anyone wants to look at it or use it.  Got it from this site on (I have to assume) Sept 1 2012.

attachicon.gifSexoutBrutalRapers.esp

I'm fairly sure the cause is a bad List check with that 3rd npc. It's what was happening in my copy till I changed it in the script. I've been rewriting the mod from the ground up, new plugin and all, nothing from the original plugin, and if Zippy don't mind I'll post it up when I'm finished, wont be for a few days though.

So far only combat rape, and the mcm menu is done, but I overhauled the combat rape pretty good. It's not an effect running on your character 24/7 anymore and only activates in combat. Few other changes too in it, toys, condoms, chain gang rapes (if selected in menu) working on pulling off threesomes, but I don't know anything about the SexoutNG api, I'm reading up on it as I go along.

(As an aside, QA bros unite! I'm hardware QA though, and I work for a reseller, not HP themselves.)

I don't work there anymore, HP was a pain in the @$$. Treat you like crap, or at least my office did, salary position which would sound good if they didn't work you 60 hours a week. I'm actually on lay off right now, which is why I got time to sit here modding and playing NV again, plus I'm injured.

Jallil for president!

Concerning the messy scripting situation, there's no one person than can be blamed really. This plugin has had a dozen or so authors at different times, and almost all of us here are learning as we go, heh. Same situation with Sexout SewerSlave - I'm one of the (minor) multitudinous authors of that one - go take a look at that if you want a nightmare. 

I wasn't trying to blame anyone, I know it came off that way, but I wasn't. I think Zippy did a great job keeping this going. BR (much to the dismay of my partner) is one of my goto mods for new vegas. Which is why my comments probably sound either too snide or too enthusiastic.

It's why when I started playing new vegas a week or so ago that I started testing the newish version that Zippy had been taking care of. The downside of testing though, is I used to work QA for HP, and I like tearing shit apart and getting to the bottom of whats wrong, thus my ripping apart the scripts. (sorry Zippy)

Yeah most of us are quite happy to have others trawling through our scripts, I've had heaps of stupid little things fixed by other people noticing them and a few big ones too, as well as a few simple improvements  :)

Pride solution was to add replacement functions into the extender. But they are far from being widely used. Plus we don't have the up to date source code unfortunatly.

Also ianpatt normaly did a lot of list error checking in the NVSE versions of the list manipulation. I definitvly remember a comment about the bad reference issue in the code or in the forum.

Pride solution was to add replacement functions into the extender. But they are far from being widely used. Plus we don't have the up to date source code unfortunatly.

Also ianpatt normaly did a lot of list error checking in the NVSE versions of the list manipulation. I definitvly remember a comment about the bad reference issue in the code or in the forum.

Does anyone know what the replacement functions were though so mods can be updated to them. Otherwise any mod referencing a list is going to get borked at some point. Practically every sexout mod refers to the main banned actor list in sexout, not to mention the dozens of clothing list. I know BR uses the banned one and about 10 of the clothing list. SexoutCheckMeOut and SexoutClothingEval I'd assume use all of them (never looked at their scripts)

**Totally feel like I hijacked this thread days ago with the List issue, Sorry.**

This is such a prevalent trend nowadays. Company releases game with bugs. Modder fixes bugs in less than a day (30 minutes in the case of the Dark Souls PC "port"). Years pass and company still hasn't patched the game.

I have been noticing something odd with the BrutalRapers from the first page. testing this out on Centaurs, if you have all stalking related things set to 0, such as monster Stalk Female and Stalking Frequency set to 0. Even if you have combat rape set to 100% health and 100% chance, you will only be raped if you have at least 1 number in stalking. If you don't then you will just fight forever (At least tested with Centaurs so far) without being raped during a fight.

At first I thought the messages popping up during combat rape were added in. But realized they are the stalking related "You are getting lewd looks" one where you use Strength, Agility, Luck, or Submit.

Well with the old version Stalkers works and with the new one come alot of warnings but nothing happen.

Combat rape didnt work and sleep rape either. I will test a bit more with the modified esps of your zippy .

All right, let's try this one.

Script SexoutBRStalker:

elseif raper.GetAV Karma > 500

Dispel SexoutRapersStalker

elseif raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataIsProstitute || raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataIsPimp || raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataIsProstituteWorkingForPlayer

elseif raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataIsImpotent || raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataRapeNeverRapist || raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataCannotHaveSex

elseif raper.GetAV Karma >= 500 && SexoutRapers.useKarma

The first "elseif raper.GetAV Karma > 500" block should be deleted, or the "use Karma" switch won't work.

SexoutBRSleepQuestScript does not compile at all, to many errors.

SexoutBRInitQuestScript:

Does not compile, because of SexoutRapersListCompanions does not exist.

;This should really be in SexoutWillow, but I'm doing it here to keep Willow WB-importable

if IsModLoaded "NVWillow.esp"

set mod to GetModIndex "NVWillow.esp"

set built to BuildRef mod 2781 ;Willow

ListAddForm SexoutRapersListCompanions built

set built to BuildRef mod 289620 ;JT

ListAddForm SexoutRapersListCompanions built

endif

This block should be deleted,

If someone want to use Willow: SexoutSQVAR.iHasWillow SexoutSQVAR.rZWillowREF

SCR also has  a formlist called SexoutSLActorDataPossibleCompanions that if major NPC's like Sunny or Kirina are added, Willow is added if detected too, it scans the list every 5 seconds to see if they are female and teammates and then adds/removes them to SexoutSLDataCurrCompanionsFem, Male version is SexoutSLDataCurrCompanionsMale. That may be handy for picking rape victims.

All right, let's try this one.

Script SexoutBRStalker:

elseif raper.GetAV Karma > 500

elseif raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataIsProstitute || raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataIsPimp || raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataIsProstituteWorkingForPlayer

elseif raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataIsImpotent || raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataRapeNeverRapist || raper.IsInList SexoutSLActorDataCannotHaveSex

elseif raper.GetAV Karma >= 500 && SexoutRapers.useKarma

The first "elseif raper.GetAV Karma > 500" block should be deleted, or the "use Karma" switch won't work.

etc..... (cut some of this out)

The first karma check and second karma check do two different things. The first blocks out all the high and mighty noble types, the second one, with the karma switch does the same thing, but also includes most of your average citizens.

karma > 500, and karma >= 500, two different things, as citizens, GS Settler for example is set to 500 karma, but 500 isn't over 500, so the first check doesn't include him and the second does.

I wouldn't worry about these old scripts. I've rewrote the mod from the ground up, new plugin and all. Nothing from the original version. It will be up in a couple days. I'm currently experimenting with various ways of bringing stalkers to their victims without changing out AI packages so as to make it more compatible with other mods. (Experimenting with StartConversation to force a stalker to move to their victim, and then interrupting the request to go into the animations, works partly, but not 100%)

The first "elseif raper.GetAV Karma > 500" block should be deleted

No, it shouldn't.

Not an issue. I changed the editor IDs of some lists so the GECK will freak out on re-compile. The script is not broken.

SexoutBRInitQuestScript:

See previous statement.

And which of those two variables is JT's ref?

The first "elseif raper.GetAV Karma > 500" block should be deleted

No, it shouldn't.

Not an issue. I changed the editor IDs of some lists so the GECK will freak out on re-compile. The script is not broken.

SexoutBRInitQuestScript:

See previous statement.

And which of those two variables is JT's ref?

Is JT Willows dog isn't it? I hadn't added him/her, can do so easy enough.

Does anyone know what the replacement functions were though so mods can be updated to them. Otherwise any mod referencing a list is going to get borked at some point. Practically every sexout mod refers to the main banned actor list in sexout, not to mention the dozens of clothing list. I know BR uses the banned one and about 10 of the clothing list. SexoutCheckMeOut and SexoutClothingEval I'd assume use all of them (never looked at their scripts)

Could this be what you're looking for?

int NX_IsInList list:formlist item:object (recurse:int)

Available since: V1 Fixed in V5

- Given a formlist and an item (base object, reference, or dynamic reference), will return 0 if the item is not in the list at all, or a value greater than 0 indicating how the object was found. The recurse flag is an optional integer that should be 1 or 0. It is currently not implemented. In the future, it will search formlists contained within formlists.

0 : item not in list.

1 : item in list exactly.

2 : base form of item in list.

3 : item is a baseform of another item in list.

4 : base form of item is the same as base form of another item in list.

Take the following three vars:set itemA to AcousticGuitar

set itemB to player.placeatme AcousticGuitar 1

set itemC to player.placeatme AcousticGuitar 1And two formlists. List1 contains itemA, list2 contains itemB.

"NX_IsInList List1 itemA" and "NX_IsInList List2 itemB" will both return 1.

"NX_IsInList List1 itemB" will return 2.

"NX_IsInList List2 itemA" will return 3.

"NX_IsInList List2 itemC" will return 4.

I saw this in the spoiler in http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/27-nvse-extender/

Other list functions were discussed in http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4139-nvse-plugin-what-do-we-need/ , but I don't know if they were implemented.

int NX_IsInList list:formlist item:object (recurse:int)

Available since: V1 Fixed in V5

- Given a formlist and an item (base object, reference, or dynamic reference), will return 0 if the item is not in the list at all, or a value greater than 0 indicating how the object was found. The recurse flag is an optional integer that should be 1 or 0. It is currently not implemented. In the future, it will search formlists contained within formlists.

0 : item not in list.

1 : item in list exactly.

2 : base form of item in list.

3 : item is a baseform of another item in list.

4 : base form of item is the same as base form of another item in list.

Take the following three vars:set itemA to AcousticGuitar

set itemB to player.placeatme AcousticGuitar 1

set itemC to player.placeatme AcousticGuitar 1And two formlists. List1 contains itemA, list2 contains itemB.

"NX_IsInList List1 itemA" and "NX_IsInList List2 itemB" will both return 1.

"NX_IsInList List1 itemB" will return 2.

"NX_IsInList List2 itemA" will return 3.

"NX_IsInList List2 itemC" will return 4.

Thank you for digging this up. I hadn't even thought about the extender functions. I'll play around with this inside blocks of code that I already know failed the other way and see if this works better.

Is anyone having issues that the latest version (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/29-sexoutbrutalrapers/) is hanging on Init (SexoutBrutalRapers: starting initialization)?

Tried BrutalRapers 1208262, stalkers and battle work in this version, however the MCM menu does not show.

Running on Windows 7 x64

Steam version, no DLC's.

Installed mods & tools:

NVSE 3 beta 2

NVSE Extender 11

SexoutNG 2-6-77

MCM

MCM Bugfix

MaternityClothesFull

SexoutCommonResources-20130328.1

SexoutCommonResourcesData-20130411.1

SexoutPregnancyV3-20130325.1

SexoutPregnancyV3Data-20130410.1

SexoutBrutalRapers

Activated SexoutNG and MCM via FOMM PackageManager

Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
SexoutBrutalRapers.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

If you need anymore information, please ask. Also, is it possible to set Sexout to log to file? Would make posting debug logs much simpler.

After a bit more testing the the plugin seems to be working, Wait/sleep rape and battle rape work, however Stalking does not seem to work.

What messages (in the game itself and in the debug log) would I get if my PC is getting stalked? In the old plugin you would get a message "you are getting some lewd looks...".

Any way to test if stalking is working?

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should have a new "alpha" version of the rebuild I've been doing for this up later tonight, or sometime tomorrow afternoon. It's 10:45am May 21st as I write this. Doctor's appointments been keeping me away from working on it, but I've got it all fixed up with only some final calculations and Sleep/Wait stalking to finish up on.

So if anyone has any final suggestions or what not let me know. Some of the changes I implemented in the code and plugin structure should make everything more compatible with other mods in terms of leaving stalkers on fulltime, and I made stalkers a bit more believable if the new Smart Stalk option is enabled.

With smart stalk a potential stalker will only stalk at night, if the victim doesn't have a weapon out, can't see them (they wont approach unless your back is turned), and they wont strike unless theres no one around to see them commit the act. (Affects only Human and non-feral ghouls)

Smart stalk will also disallow creatures/animals from raping a character who doesn't have some form of crotchless attire on. It didn't make sense for a dog to be able to strip you completely naked. The exception is supermutants, and deathclaws (deathclaws only if equipment damage is enabled, sort of like they rip your clothes off with their claws.)

I also added a crap ton of toggles for various factions so you can switch off the factions you don't want affected by the stalker ai, so if your doing a Tryout or Msex Fort and such you can just toggle Legion Factions off, or Powder Gangers. etc. I'm also working on putting in compatibility with Breeder Factions so you can exclude them from stalking if Breeder is installed.

I fixed the stalker effects not dispelling, the old scripts had the effects dispelling from within the same effect which isn't allowed. the Dispel command when used in the effect its dispelling doesn't dispel, but restarts the effect from the beginning like using the Return command.

There is also now a hotkey (can be changed in the MCM menu) that will let the player combat rape their opponents if the opponent is below the health percentage set. I'm still tweaking this portion though, trying to make it recognize if you have only one opponent. I may expand on this and let the player become a stalker as well.

The rebuild sounds great, looking forward to it!

One thing that i have been thinking about is the problem that if you are raped, other enemies can still attack you. Setting them to neutral for the duration where you are not in control of your PC would be great.

As to how to implement this: I have not done any modding, therfore have no clue as to how the modding/scripting works.

However, PregnancyV3 uses a system that makes you neutral to races if you are carrying a child of said race. Maybe this could be used? Obviously if diffrent enemies are attacking you at the same time, things will get tricky (do a proximity enemey scan, if possible, and set them to neutral?)

Or is it possible to set the PC to something that no one attacks (is neutral with everyone)? A crow maybe(random guess)?