SexoutBrutalRapers

zippy57 thank for keep working in this mod, i alway lurk so this is my first post: I made one fast test and set all the setting in 100 with the file you post in #95,  i get stalked, raped in conbat and the woman use trap on for rape., the resist option work and far i know the mod work like must  be. A hope this help you.

Testing the new, one quick review. With old file after one first success the stalker stoped amd had trouble with animations. Now with last file dont start to stalk but when i remove the option of check karma and faction all start stalking one to other. I will follow testing more toying with the karma and reputation optioms and will give one update. Now in novac with neutral reputacion . I not speaker native english so sorry for my english.

Update: The karma check seen worlking, if i check on any i can stay beside the Dr. Ada and the mercenary and dont bother me when i uncheck the karma option start the rapefest. The problem is later of first rapes all seem lost interes. I get 2 type messages which spam the console.

The console start with people seek victims, all is right  but later of first rapes ( the same happen in old file ) the console spawn something like this:

SexoutBRCR SEU is Karoline male ?  0  probablity 30.30 ( like was my first test i dont remember well wha exactt say but is something near to thtat ) and dont stop.

The secund test the console spawn :

SexoutBRCR SEU Victim Karoline

and then dont happen nothng, the console dont say nothing about stalking ( cooldown ? ) i wait one day and next night still nothing what work well was sleep rape, meanwhile was waiting get raped many times.

I had almost all the sexout mods and other big mods . I help this help.

Testing the new, one quick review. With old file after one first success the stalker stoped amd had trouble with animations. Now with last file dont start to stalk but when i remove the option of check karma and faction all start stalking one to other. I will follow testing more toying with the karma and reputation optioms and will give one update. Now in novac with neutral reputacion . I not speaker native english so sorry for my english.

With Karma check, a potential stalker needs less than 500 karma. That rules out 80% of the generic settlers and citizens in towns as they are set to 500. That would be why you weren't getting many stalkers.

On a side note, could anyone tell me is Easy Pete breaks combat rape and stalkers for them too.

Edit: Nevermind, figured this out. Same type of error as before.

With Karma check, a potential stalker needs less than 500 karma. That rules out 80% of the generic settlers and citizens in towns as they are set to 500. That would be why you weren't getting many stalkers.

On a side note, could anyone tell me is Easy Pete breaks combat rape and stalkers for them too.

Thank you about info of the karma that is good know because feel weird any civilian in town stalk me ( that i hate to first of stalkers ) . I like the new features.

About Easy Pete, i back from novac and for some reason when i spawn  in the town Easy Pete is headless, something wrong happen because the last time was in goodspring was fine ( the old prevert ), Well i load one old save and dont stalk me but sleep rape, that night anybody stalk me, wait more time get sleep rape again and but when i go test the combat rape  Cobbs stalk me.  I arrive with geckos and get combat raped.

I dont know if specific Easy Pete break the mod but i get sleep rape from him and all work fine, still having contradictory resultates, because sometime work fine and other seen dont work, maybe i had some load order problem.

About Easy Pete, i back from novac and for some reason when i spawn  in the town Easy Pete is headless, something wrong happen because the last time was in goodspring was fine ( the old prevert ), Well i load one old save and dont stalk me but sleep rape, that night anybody stalk me, wait more time get sleep rape again and but when i go test the combat rape  Cobbs stalk me.  I arrive with geckos and get combat raped.

Thanks for looking, but I found the issue, its because Easy Pete is in the Straight List inside sexoutng which is checked wrong inside the stalker and combat rape scripts. Possibly stops the script on anyone npc listed as being explicitly gay/straight/bi. Game still runs, but mod stops till restarted when one of them is called up to be checked for a possible rapist.

Thanks for looking, but I found the issue, its because Easy Pete is in the Straight List inside sexoutng which is checked wrong inside the stalker and combat rape scripts.

Another -1 check?

Yes, from my testing the ListIndexFunction and IsInList functions dont work properly for some reason. I googled it and found a link, by Prideslayer none the less who said their broken functions.

So from what i've read on the FormList used in Fallout 3 and NV they have a fault of not removing data from them. Well not the data, but freeing up the space it was taking in the form. If a script calls for a search on a formlist that has an invalid form it causes the script to break.

So it wasn't bad coding, the code was right and should work, it was Fallout engine at fault here. It was breaking because another mod added to the same list and then perhaps that same mod or another mod tried to remove what was added, which apparently these FNV forms don't handle well. So this causes every other script from that point on to break if they call an invalid form.

I think that explains why stalkers sometimes inexplicably stops working for some users after a period of time. The scanner is removing records from the lists once it's done with them, but if the lists are broken...

I had thoughts on that when I was tweaking my personal little copy of this mod. What I'm going to attempt is instead putting the stalker portion on a seperate Quest with a script delay then use that delay to activate the main script which will cast a spell on the player, selecing random npc's (much like the combat script does) and then tossing out with a 50/50 chance a spell that marks them as victim or stalker.
 No list just Script Effects that last maybe 120 seconds, then dispel themself if nothing happens.

Go for it. I have no complaints. :)

I'll let you know if it works. I only just got to that portion. Don't hate me, but I rewrote the majority of the scripts so that the mod wasn't running when it wasn't needed. CombatRape don't run when not in combat for instance. The stalker list isn't populated and unpopulated every few seconds, which is what i think may have been the real break. The script delay for the main script was only .1, which means every .1 seconds the stalker list was unloading and then repopulating. Which I know isn't your doing, that's the guy before you who made the mod.

Don't take that wrong. I don't mean to sound like i'm stepping in for this, which I know that probably did.

Oh no, you're not getting out of this tar baby, now you got your foot in it, it's yours :)

Doh!

On a side note here, I did a crap ton of testing on FormList last night, and I should probably make this post elsewhere so other authors could see it, but...

After writing a quick script that allowed me to add NPC's onto a list when I pressed T, and one that removed a random index number when I pressed Y, I found the nasty little fault with the form list.

Basically there is a chance that the add or remove doesn't actually add to the form, but does increase the index count within the form which has a chance of leaving you with a Index that doesn't actually have a value.

Example: (The script I wrote added nearby npc's into a list on pressing T, removed a random one on pressing Y)

Valid formlist:

0 Trudy

1 Easy Pete

2 Goodspring Citizen

There was  a chance though that after a remove, I would end up with

0 Trudy

1 Easy Pete

or even

0 Trudy

2 Goodspring Citizen

This little hiccup will cause any script that looks at the formlist for comparison to silently break. Because IsInList and GetFormIndex scan the entire list comparing the reference givin with each item. The break comes when it tries to compare to a valid Reference to a empty formid. It causes what's typicaly called a null pointer reference.

Basically anymod (not just BR) that adds or removes from a formlist by way of script has a chance of any script using that formlist from that point on to break and stop the mod from working. It was a small chance, out of about 20 test, I only hit this 3 times. Which would explain the mixed results with testers.

Edit:

From further investigation, it would appear that if you remove a mod that adds items to a form list, that formlist doesn't remove the items added by the mod on mod removal and makes it invalid as well.

Quick feedback for today's version post from 5:18 am. Started a new playthrough.

- Doc Mitchel stalked me, pushed me and then nothing further

ScreenShot88.jpg

- After stealing form Chet he wanted to combat rape me, but my game crashed during the 'equip-sound'.

On a side note here, I did a crap ton of testing on FormList last night, and I should probably make this post elsewhere so other authors could see it, but...

After writing a quick script that allowed me to add NPC's onto a list when I pressed T, and one that removed a random index number when I pressed Y, I found the nasty little fault with the form list.

Basically there is a chance that the add or remove doesn't actually add to the form, but does increase the index count within the form which has a chance of leaving you with a Index that doesn't actually have a value.

Example: (The script I wrote added nearby npc's into a list on pressing T, removed a random one on pressing Y)

Valid formlist:

0 Trudy

1 Easy Pete

2 Goodspring Citizen

There was  a chance though that after a remove, I would end up with

0 Trudy

1 Easy Pete

or even

0 Trudy

2 Goodspring Citizen

This little hiccup will cause any script that looks at the formlist for comparison to silently break. Because IsInList and GetFormIndex scan the entire list comparing the reference givin with each item. The break comes when it tries to compare to a valid Reference to a empty formid. It causes what's typicaly called a null pointer reference.

Basically anymod (not just BR) that adds or removes from a formlist by way of script has a chance of any script using that formlist from that point on to break and stop the mod from working. It was a small chance, out of about 20 test, I only hit this 3 times. Which would explain the mixed results with testers.

Edit:

From further investigation, it would appear that if you remove a mod that adds items to a form list, that formlist doesn't remove the items added by the mod on mod removal and makes it invalid as well.

Disturbing but interestring results, thanks for putting the effort in, have you compared the results using AddToFormList vs FormAddToList to see if the NVSE command is different result than the vanilla? Perhaps this warrants it's own thread for discussion. And when we have a full understanding you should make a post about it on my scripting thread in my sig.

Disturbing but interestring results, thanks for putting the effort in, have you compared the results using AddToFormList vs FormAddToList to see if the NVSE command is different result than the vanilla? Perhaps this warrants it's own thread for discussion. And when we have a full understanding you should make a post about it on my scripting thread in my sig.

From what I can tell the FormList bug only happens if you compare INTO the list. Nothing else (so far) will break.

IsInList or ListGetFormIndex both check if an item outside the form, is in the form. IE: item.IsInList SomeList, this will break the script. But if you do say actor.getitemcount SomeList, it doesn't break. Becuase your not comparing a specific item into the list and instead comparing the listed items against another inventory.

Same is true for seeing if an actor is wearing an item, if you get there armor first with GetEquippedObject, and then do armor.IsInList somelist, it will break the script, however you can do actor.GetEquipped somelist, it doesn't break. The difference being GetEquipped checks the items in the list against the equipped items and not the other way around.

It's very picky. But basically comparing a single specific item into a FormList will silenly break a script till the game is restarted. That's the real issue with it, the game doesn't give an error, it doesn't crash or stall out, it plays fine, but the portion of the mod with the broken script will not work, and a player could go for hours before noticing that there mod isn't working as intended.

Which is what happened here with BrutalRapers, most people turned stalkers off because it didn't play well with other mods, but left combat rape on. Combat rape, and stalker rape run on two different scripts and have no interaction with one another, so no one noticed that Stalkers was silently borked in the background, because the portion of the mod they did use was working.

Jallil for president!

Concerning the messy scripting situation, there's no one person than can be blamed really. This plugin has had a dozen or so authors at different times, and almost all of us here are learning as we go, heh. Same situation with Sexout SewerSlave - I'm one of the (minor) multitudinous authors of that one - go take a look at that if you want a nightmare. 

After UDLR laid the framework for the original Sexout, Bromm83, Loogie, and a few others basically picked it up and ran with it. Back then nobody really knew what they were doing, but they're the only reason Sexout ever achieved success in the first place.

I've thought for a long time that BR should probably be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up, but I haven't had the will to do it myself.

Concerning the formlists, I think I remember Pride saying that removing shit from them was totally borked. It seems like I remember he had a workaround for it too, but I can't remember where any of this was. Maybe one of the previous SexoutNG threads...?

Jallil for president!

Concerning the messy scripting situation, there's no one person than can be blamed really. This plugin has had a dozen or so authors at different times, and almost all of us here are learning as we go, heh. Same situation with Sexout SewerSlave - I'm one of the (minor) multitudinous authors of that one - go take a look at that if you want a nightmare. 

I wasn't trying to blame anyone, I know it came off that way, but I wasn't. I think Zippy did a great job keeping this going. BR (much to the dismay of my partner) is one of my goto mods for new vegas. Which is why my comments probably sound either too snide or too enthusiastic.

It's why when I started playing new vegas a week or so ago that I started testing the newish version that Zippy had been taking care of. The downside of testing though, is I used to work QA for HP, and I like tearing shit apart and getting to the bottom of whats wrong, thus my ripping apart the scripts. (sorry Zippy)

Just to add a voice; stalking wasn't working with the version posted in Downloads, now with the version posted here on 5/14 it starts out working but then I get the repeated "SexoutBRCR SEU Victim [playername]" after the third stalking and stalking stops working.  The third stalker also only did a knockdown and just stood there.

As a check I found my old version of SexoutBrutalRapers.esp (which dates 2012-09-01) and installed it over the new version without changing anything else about my installed mods or load order.  With this old version, stalkers works as intended.  So something went wrong after this version.

I'm going to go ahead and attach it, if anyone wants to look at it or use it.  Got it from this site on (I have to assume) Sept 1 2012.

SexoutBrutalRapers.esp