[mod] Adroit Religion

16 minutes ago, Adroit said:

For sure - I just want my faith to mimic Catholicism as closely as possible (except for all the sex), so I decided to keep them the same.  It looks like there is an effect that activates that holy site, not sure if/how it's called atm, but I'll leave it in for now.

Hey, when I downloaded 1.06b I got 2 mod folders. Just to check, I'm supposed to only use one at a time right?

Haven't been able to use the mod but it's probably because I have another mod that unlocks all the religion tenets. 

37 minutes ago, DarksideRevan said:

Hey, when I downloaded 1.06b I got 2 mod folders. Just to check, I'm supposed to only use one at a time right?

Haven't been able to use the mod but it's probably because I have another mod that unlocks all the religion tenets. 

Apparently I bundled the main mod with the optional file in that zip - I blame archiving before I've had my coffee.  I go into it a bit in the description with a longer explanation - but the short of it is you need AdroitReligion for the main functionality, and AdroitReligionCustomChristianity just adds my own faith (so you don't need to customize it) and some custom tenets.

33 minutes ago, Adroit said:

Apparently I bundled the main mod with the optional file in that zip - I blame archiving before I've had my coffee.  I go into it a bit in the description with a longer explanation - but the short of it is you need AdroitReligion for the main functionality, and AdroitReligionCustomChristianity just adds my own faith (so you don't need to customize it) and some custom tenets.

Yeah thought as much, was just confused why both versions were there. Looking forward to use your mod in a new playthrough. Cheers.

To me this has been the best early mod so far, but a few wishes/suggestions:

I would like the cultural aspects of this to extend beyond just the church events. Like...

... options for priestesses to be naked at all times (except for the headdress ideally)

... options to have this for all women/everyone, similar to Nudity laws mod

Spoiler

... flavor text for feasts etc

... "Training" or Induction events and decisions

... Options to visit the church brothel as a catholic ruler, maybe interactions with the existing rakish trait and decisions

Basically rn it feels like baseline catholicism with the occassional naked chick event. I'd like the cultural shift to be more evident

7 minutes ago, Seen12345 said:

Hi, sorry I am not vert well versed in modding in CK. I couldn't find how to start.  I installed the mod but what am I supposed to do aterward? There is no religion appeares in the list name Adroit. Thanks. 

It's not in the game yet. Right now all it adds are some events and a new building for temples called church brothels.

11 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

Are you using the Steam version? If you are then it should work. If you're using Game Pass it's a rental and you can't use mods.

Yep, steam version. I had some trouble with Stellaris modding in the same way.
That's why I don't have a clue how to fix this.

Upd. Fixed it.
It seems, because of the system language, the "Documents" part in the path to the mod was not recognized by the shitty PDX launcher. My mods_registry.json had hieroglyphs instead of "Documents". After changing system language and reinstalling the game (and deleting the old Documents folder for Paradox Interactive), the game reinstalled it right.

tl;dr: the path to the mod file should be in English. If the mod is not working, check mods_registry.json.

Hi all, just wanted to say great work on the mod OP, and share my custom event for actual sex with your court chaplain. The ai will do it too (frequency = 3 years). I made this because I wanted some more functionality. It synergizes well with the No Bastardry and Accepted Adultery doctrines by providing lots of children for inheritance. 

To install this you need to extract the contents of magnumAdroit (the folder inside the rar, not the rar itself) into your AdroitReligion folder. It shouldn't overwrite anything.

magnumAdroit.rar

Let me know what you think.

Things to note:

* You do this by right clicking on your court chaplain and taking the 'Visit for Release' interaction under the religion category

* It's currently only going to get the chaplain pregnant. Female visitors to male chaplains should still work, but they won't get pregnant. I haven't checked for female visitors to female chaplains -- I don't know if the game will catch that and prevent female visitors from impregnating female chaplains, but from what I can tell, that doesn't happen.

* You can check that this is working by searching for characters with the 'Divine Servant of Lust' trait. 

test.png.ab5efe58e5961587e884c9355c91dc24.png

4 hours ago, Hamakabula said:

To me this has been the best early mod so far, but a few wishes/suggestions:

I would like the cultural aspects of this to extend beyond just the church events. Like...

... options for priestesses to be naked at all times (except for the headdress ideally)

... options to have this for all women/everyone, similar to Nudity laws mod

Reveal hidden contents

... flavor text for feasts etc

... "Training" or Induction events and decisions

... Options to visit the church brothel as a catholic ruler, maybe interactions with the existing rakish trait and decisions

Basically rn it feels like baseline catholicism with the occassional naked chick event. I'd like the cultural shift to be more evident

Thanks for the feedback!  You've got a good point, and I'll be looking to expand the content to be a bit more prevalent.  I also like the nude + headdress combo which is currently (coincidentally) happening sometimes, so I've been thinking about looking into how to make that happen more consistently.

48 minutes ago, menelias said:

<magnumAdroit.rar>

Hey, thanks for the contribution.  I'm planning on adding something like this in the future - it does look like it'll be compatible for now, though!  I'm currently working on some pregnancy content, but it's not-player centric at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Seen12345 said:

I figured that might be the case but the buildings don't appear either. Should I do something extra? 

Hey!  There is a custom faith in the game atm if you're using ApocReligionCustomChristianity, it's a heresy of Christianity.

That said, all you need for the building/event/interaction content is to have the "Ritual Prostitution" doctrine enabled for Clergy Responsibility/Work/whatever that one is called.  It requires Carnal Exaltation or one of my custom tenets.

I'm going to see about updating the op with some of this info later today to be more clear.

1 hour ago, Adroit said:

Thanks for the feedback!  You've got a good point, and I'll be looking to expand the content to be a bit more prevalent.  I also like the nude + headdress combo which is currently (coincidentally) happening sometimes, so I've been thinking about looking into how to make that happen more consistently.

Hey, thanks for the contribution.  I'm planning on adding something like this in the future - it does look like it'll be compatible for now, though!  I'm currently working on some pregnancy content, but it's not-player centric at the moment.

Hey!  There is a custom faith in the game atm if you're using ApocReligionCustomChristianity, it's a heresy of Christianity.

That said, all you need for the building/event/interaction content is to have the "Ritual Prostitution" doctrine enabled for Clergy Responsibility/Work/whatever that one is called.  It requires Carnal Exaltation or one of my custom tenets.

I'm going to see about updating the op with some of this info later today to be more clear.

Yeah, finally figuret it out. Thank you so much. 

10 minutes ago, DarksideRevan said:

Finally tried the mod and used menelia's addition, pretty sweet mod but I have a question. How do I make people use the nun clothes/veil? Is there a way to unlock them to use in the barbershop?

Do you use lay clergy or theocratic?  Which culture are you playing as?  I think that both of these play into it.  I play as Irish with temporal, and my clergy mostly wear them - in my test saves with lay clergy, many do not (because they're also regular rulers).

It's something that's on my list - I might look into optionally having the game force those outfits on certain characters in my mod.  Potentially naked + the nun's habit.

15 minutes ago, Adroit said:

Do you use lay clergy or theocratic?  Which culture are you playing as?  I think that both of these play into it.  I play as Irish with temporal, and my clergy mostly wear them - in my test saves with lay clergy, many do not (because they're also regular rulers).

It's something that's on my list - I might look into optionally having the game force those outfits on certain characters in my mod.  Potentially naked + the nun's habit.

I tested it as theocratic and was asturian, the priestess in the baronies had them but the court chaplin didn't for me. Shame we can't pick them in the barbershop. Naked+nun habit would be amazing in the events but wouldn't forcing it make then naked all the time?

New version is up!  tl;dr of the update is that I've added an optional event around a priestess or volunteer becoming pregnant via a random lowborn character while serving at the church brothels.  The op has more details/how to enable the event if desired.

Next up, I'll be looking into one or more of these:

• Major localization updates - make the player a more active participant in events
  • Update the Pregnancy Event to allow a random noble of the faith to be chosen as the father instead of a lowborn peasant
  • Player character visiting or volunteering at the Church-Brothel
3 minutes ago, DarksideRevan said:

I tested it as theocratic and was asturian, the priestess in the baronies had them but the court chaplin didn't for me. Shame we can't pick them in the barbershop. Naked+nun habit would be amazing in the events but wouldn't forcing it make then naked all the time?

Hmnn, there may be something else that changes their outfits - I think there might be several script-able layers going on there.  I just loaded up a test save as asturias and converted to my Asphrodesian Christianity, and my chaplain seems to be wearing the nun outfit

ck3_xrSR6nNp06.thumb.jpg.6d90e2cffd15ac0823248bb54e0b1369.jpg

Anyways - when I implement the naked + habit stuff, I think I should be able to handle that separately from the always naked doctrine stuff.  Theoretically I could define an outfit and assign it to the character during the event.  I hope, at least!

Just now, Adroit said:

Hmnn, there may be something else that changes their outfits - I think there might be several script-able layers going on there.  I just loaded up a test save as asturias and converted to my Asphrodesian Christianity, and my chaplain seems to be wearing the nun outfit

ck3_xrSR6nNp06.thumb.jpg.6d90e2cffd15ac0823248bb54e0b1369.jpg

Anyways - when I implement the naked + habit stuff, I think I should be able to handle that separately from the always naked doctrine stuff.  Theoretically I could define an outfit and assign it to the character during the event.  I hope, at least!

Try replacing her, mine didn't have the clothes afterwards.

4 minutes ago, DarksideRevan said:

Try replacing her, mine didn't have the clothes afterwards.

Hmnn, interesting.  I replaced her a bunch of times, both with the regular UI and with my character interaction, and sometimes she lost the habit, and sometimes she kept it.  If you replace her with my event, she wears regular clothes until the game is unpaused, then she switches to the correct outfit.  I'll look into it some more when I look at the custom outfit

1 minute ago, Adroit said:

Hmnn, interesting.  I replaced her a bunch of times, both with the regular UI and with my character interaction, and sometimes she lost the habit, and sometimes she kept it.  If you replace her with my event, she wears regular clothes until the game is unpaused, then she switches to the correct outfit.  I'll look into it some more when I look at the custom outfit

Yeah seems to be inconsistent, thanks for taking a look. 

42 minutes ago, Adroit said:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a way for it to be listed as no father.  I can't seem to trigger the pregnancy without a father, and once the father is set I can't seem to unset it.  I might circle back around to it though.

That's a shame, kinda figured it was something like that. FYI I figured why my earlier test the council priest changed clothes, she was also a knight so it replaced the priest stuff. ?