[mod] Adroit Religion

Okay, here we go - I've uploaded my latest updates (volunteer courtiers to work in the church-brothel), and a new optional mod with some new doctrines.  View the main post or the update notes for my more detailed explanations of what and why I did some things.

My next focus (which is roughly 60% done now), is random pregnancy events for priestesses/volunteers in the church brothels.

Unfortunately, with the long weekend in the US coming to an end, I'm going to have less time to work on the mod.  I'm still going to be working on it at night, but we probably won't see as many updates as I've tried to do in the last few days.

2 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

I would appreciate ya doing that. He also had a doctrine that combined polyamorous and polygamy under Marriage Type.

By the way, if you do need an editor for your work I'd be more than happy to do it.

Thanks - and sure!  Assuming you mean mostly the localization files, feel free to send me any updates you want to suggest and I'll look at including them - I'm working on improving my event writing, and I'm sure there's some spelling/grammatical errors at least.  Let me know if I misunderstood - here or in a dm.

1 hour ago, Adroit said:

Okay, here we go - I've uploaded my latest updates (volunteer courtiers to work in the church-brothel), and a new optional mod with some new doctrines.  View the main post or the update notes for my more detailed explanations of what and why I did some things.

My next focus (which is roughly 60% done now), is random pregnancy events for priestesses/volunteers in the church brothels.

Unfortunately, with the long weekend in the US coming to an end, I'm going to have less time to work on the mod.  I'm still going to be working on it at night, but we probably won't see as many updates as I've tried to do in the last few days.

Thanks - and sure!  Assuming you mean mostly the localization files, feel free to send me any updates you want to suggest and I'll look at including them - I'm working on improving my event writing, and I'm sure there's some spelling/grammatical errors at least.  Let me know if I misunderstood - here or in a dm.

Awesome on the update and I'll take a look at it. 

Yup, I meant editing the text players see in events etc... 

I got a picture that is a hoot for ya. I created a custom Catholic heresy and finally I got the event to fire for her. LOL

Empress Lilith Working Hard.jpg

3 hours ago, Stony1776 said:

im also havingthe hard working court coupulator event fire every 3 seconds.

I've seen it fire maybe every week. It also fires for people that are imprisoned. I had a count that was a naughty boy and I had him excommunicated then arrested. He was sitting in prison when his event fired. I guess Pope Lilith forced him to work in the brothel as part of his sentence. LOL

Ahh, that's what I get for rushing to package things for upload at the last minute!  Sorry about that, I've updated new versions to fix most of that I think.  I left in my testing weights accidentally for the events, they should be more reasonable again now.  I also had apparently inverted my deviancy check.  Let me know if there's still issues.

@SamIAmHam nice on the HOF!  I didn't think it'd fire if you were the HOF, but maybe there's something missing in my check (though it works and is fun so I'm probably not going to 'fix' it).  I'm thinking I probably messed up the targets again though, given you also got an event for a prisoner.  Did that prisoner happen to hold a church barony?  Let me know if it happens again ?

22 minutes ago, Adroit said:

Ahh, that's what I get for rushing to package things for upload at the last minute!  Sorry about that, I've updated new versions to fix most of that I think.  I left in my testing weights accidentally for the events, they should be more reasonable again now.  I also had apparently inverted my deviancy check.  Let me know if there's still issues.

@SamIAmHam nice on the HOF!  I didn't think it'd fire if you were the HOF, but maybe there's something missing in my check (though it works and is fun so I'm probably not going to 'fix' it).  I'm thinking I probably messed up the targets again though, given you also got an event for a prisoner.  Did that prisoner happen to hold a church barony?  Let me know if it happens again ?

My prisoner did indeed hold a church, so that's why I'm seeing the event. LOL Not that I'm complaining at all on either my character getting the event or the imprisoned count. I suggest increasing the timer on the event from 1 month to a year since right now it's spamming things.

You need to add an age check to the Ask to volunteer at the temple decision. Right now you can send children to be temple prostitutes.

Let me DM you so I can hook up with you on Steam to discuss the text of the mod. I can probably lend a hand in rewriting things.

5 minutes ago, alithealkali said:

Hey guys I am new to modding and just cant seem to figure it out. could someone please walk me through the process of installing this. the ones I subscribe too on the paradox mods store work just fine. or if you could just link me to an explanation that would be great. 

Thanks

Unzip the files using the Unzip Here after right clicking on the zip file. Copy the folder and .mod file to your \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod folder. Run the launcher and go to the mod section. Click on Manage Mods and in the lower right corner you'll see Add Mods. Click on that and it will list the mods in the mod folder. Select the mod and you're good to go.

I have a recommendation that may already be being addressed. If so please just disregard this.

I love the Idea of this mod and hope to help with further suggest to improve, however right now I can only remember one part of the mod.... the fact that random females want to show me their body and they get piety and I get to click a button, way to often this happens. my suggestions is to lower the amount of time it fires... maybe rework the feast or add another even like that where you have an orgy say every 5 of 10 years and then you get that even from those that performed well  or bad events from performing well (fertility boost?) just a thought ;)

1 hour ago, Matata said:

I have a recommendation that may already be being addressed. If so please just disregard this.

I love the Idea of this mod and hope to help with further suggest to improve, however right now I can only remember one part of the mod.... the fact that random females want to show me their body and they get piety and I get to click a button, way to often this happens. my suggestions is to lower the amount of time it fires... maybe rework the feast or add another even like that where you have an orgy say every 5 of 10 years and then you get that even from those that performed well  or bad events from performing well (fertility boost?) just a thought ;)

Are you seeing the event monthly?  If so, could you try 1.06b?  There was a bug in 1.06 I put out last night that left in the frequencies I use for event testing - 1.06b should bring them back down to reasonable levels.  It should happen around every 1 to 1.5 years with the way I have it set up - which admittedly could still be too frequently, if that's what you're seeing.  I'm away from my desktop so I can't verify, but it should be resolved now.

1 hour ago, Matata said:

2 minutes ago, Adroit said:

Are you seeing the event monthly?  If so, could you try 1.06b?  There was a bug in 1.06 I put out last night that left in the frequencies I use for event testing - 1.06b should bring them back down to reasonable levels.  It should happen around every 1 to 1.5 years with the way I have it set up - which admittedly could still be too frequently, if that's what you're seeing.  I'm away from my desktop so I can't verify, but it should be resolved now.

I was just playing and the frequency has been turned way down in 1.06b.

1 hour ago, Adroit said:

ok that has been addressed So TY very much :)  I have started a new run without this mod, so will not be able to test. It may be the version. it may also be just that I was playing on speed 5 working on genetics so may just have "seemed" to spam cuzz there was nothing else happening. with how often I keep starting new runs I expect I will give this a new go soon :) and always update before a new run

2 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

One happy family. Popess Lilith, King Louis II, and Lilith II.

One Happy Family.jpg

Nice!  I love the family view in this game, hah.  Did you tweak the localizations for Popess, or is that in the vanilla game? I wish the base game let you rename titles as part of forming a custom faith...

35 minutes ago, Adroit said:

Nice!  I love the family view in this game, hah.  Did you tweak the localizations for Popess, or is that in the vanilla game? I wish the base game let you rename titles as part of forming a custom faith...

She's called the pope in the game but the proper form is popess. LOL I got good shot from the full screen barbershop. You can pose with your heir and husband. I'm currently playing Lilith II and she married her twin brother.

8 minutes ago, Warp said:

Somehow, I can check the mods in launcher but they won't show in the game. It happens only with user mods - workshop ones work fine.
Any ideas how to fix this?

You have to ensure they're in the mod folder in your Documents and click on Add More Mods in the launcher. You can add the mods into the game there.

13 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

You have to ensure they're in the mod folder in your Documents and click on Add More Mods in the launcher. You can add the mods into the game there.

That's... Exactly what I can do. I can see the mods in the launcher and I can turn them on.
But they won't show in the game.

I've seen some topics with that issue already. Sadly, no answers that would help.

1 hour ago, Warp said:

That's... Exactly what I can do. I can see the mods in the launcher and I can turn them on.
But they won't show in the game.

I've seen some topics with that issue already. Sadly, no answers that would help.

Are you using the Steam version? If you are then it should work. If you're using Game Pass it's a rental and you can't use mods.

1 hour ago, whateverdontcare said:

I noticed for the pre-existing christianity you defined a holy_site = segrada_familia but, that doesn't exist anywhere so it doesn't show up.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that one. I copied the catholic faith exactly (besides my tweaks), and it's included there, so I decided to keep it in case it's part of some decision/event I didn't see.

2 minutes ago, Adroit said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that one. I copied the catholic faith exactly (besides my tweaks), and it's included there, so I decided to keep it in case it's part of some decision/event I didn't see.

You can change the holy sites in the holy sites folder. Here's what the wiki says about it.

16 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

You can change the holy sites in the holy sites folder. Here's what the wiki says about it.

For sure - I just want my faith to mimic Catholicism as closely as possible (except for all the sex), so I decided to keep them the same.  It looks like there is an effect that activates that holy site, not sure if/how it's called atm, but I'll leave it in for now.