[mod] Adroit Religion

11 hours ago, Stony1776 said:

Well. my current ideas are. Demon worship. which, probably not quite a fit for this particular mod. the other being a depravity tenant which makes deviance a virtue. and maybe makes it more common. or at least events relating to it. something for those of us with more, extreme tastes which the normal carnal exultation doesn't quite cover.

Hmnn, yeah, demon worship is probably a bit outside what i'm interested in at the moment, but Deviancy is pretty in line with what I'm looking at.  Let me think on that!

11 hours ago, s520864 said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2220733158 this mod adds some new tenants and doctrines, maybe we could take some inspiration from it? one of the changes is basically a harem marriage doctrine XD

Interesting!  I've been thinking about doing some combo-tenets, I don't want to overpower things, but I do kind of want to be able to choose more options.

9 hours ago, kohakusora said:

Bug report: there is a syntax error in "common/scripted_character_templates/priestess_templates.txt" line 2:

age = { 18, 35 }

^ this comma cause Error: "Named value not found: ,: ,, near line: 2 and lots "Unexpected token" error

Thanks for the heads up!  That file is unused atm, so I didn't expect it to cause any issues.  Where are you seeing those errors, if I don't mind asking?  Is there a debug output I don't know about in Ck3, or are you running the validator from ck2?

4 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

Here's the adjusted religion file for taking the Church Brothel decision to work with Cormyr's New Tenets and Doctrines. The alteration was to allow a person to use either Carnal Exaltation or Carnal Nudism to fulfill the requirements.

Just drag and drop into \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\AdroitReligion\common\religion\doctrines.

@Adroit feel free to use it.

adroit_doctrines.txt 2.39 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks, I'll take a look!  I'm curious about your changes though - it looks like you just updated the localization in the custom desc?  Shouldn't that mean that the doctrine works with that tenet out of the gate (with the wrong localization) if the condition for both is "flag:tenet_carnal_exaltation = { is_in_list = selected_doctrines }"?  Either way - I appreciate it, and I'll add something for it as long as it doesn't hard lock me to their mod!

26 minutes ago, Adroit said:

Thanks, I'll take a look!  I'm curious about your changes though - it looks like you just updated the localization in the custom desc?  Shouldn't that mean that the doctrine works with that tenet out of the gate (with the wrong localization) if the condition for both is "flag:tenet_carnal_exaltation = { is_in_list = selected_doctrines }"?  Either way - I appreciate it, and I'll add something for it as long as it doesn't hard lock me to their mod!

They redid how everything works for mods. Pdox added multi-mod support, so if some other mod has the stuff you need it pulls from there. See this dev diary.

It shouldn't lock you to their mod at all. If you want to use it feel free and if not then let them do the events for it.

how do you install this? i put the .mod file into the mod folder which is in the ck3 folder in the documents folder. i put the folder with the mod data into the workshop folder of ck3. is this how you install it?

8 minutes ago, tw3k said:

how do you install this? i put the .mod file into the mod folder which is in the ck3 folder in the documents folder. i put the folder with the mod data into the workshop folder of ck3. is this how you install it?

It goes in your My documents mod folder. You'll have to run the launcher and go to mods. In the lower right corner of the launcher click on Add More Mods and the mods in your mod directory should be there. Just click on the selection box to add it.

20 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

It goes in your My documents mod folder. You'll have to run the launcher and go to mods. In the lower right corner of the launcher click on Add More Mods and the mods in your mod directory should be there. Just click on the selection box to add it.

thank you

1 hour ago, Adroit said:

Thanks for the heads up!  That file is unused atm, so I didn't expect it to cause any issues.  Where are you seeing those errors, if I don't mind asking?  Is there a debug output I don't know about in Ck3, or are you running the validator from ck2?

log files location: C:/Users/YourName/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/logs/

error.log is very useful for check basic errors

19 minutes ago, kohakusora said:

log files location: C:/Users/YourName/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/logs/

error.log is very useful for check basic errors

Thanks so much!  I can't believe I didn't know about this before, this will save me a ton of headaches.

I've uploaded a new version to clean up any errors my files were throwing - thanks again @kohakusora!

In addition, I've implemented some automatic/manual clearing of temporal clergy.  Let me know if anyone has any ideas on how this could/should work for lay clergy!

This whole update happens because one of my vassals had a giantess as a court chaplain, and I'm not about that image... so she's gone now!  Let me know if there's any suggestions for other traits of clergy that should be pruned (I'm covering age over 40, any ugliness traits, and being a giant).

ck3_csg7eIiKvb.png.6122a28a99b4bf295778a1e9bd02d1c4.png

13 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

@Adroit the lay clergy should still scope to the temple priestesses. KISS my friend is the answer. Just have it scope to the player character as a notification event or you do a series of events where the PC decides to make use of the whore priestesses.

It's the mechanism of replacing lay clergy that's more the problem in my mind - the priestesses I'm replacing currently all have their titles via being court chaplains, which I feel pretty good about straight up replacing.  For the lay clergy - I either need to scope to anyone who holds a temple holding (which the ones I'm currently hitting don't - their liege does), or only to vassals who only hold temple holdings.  If they own more than just churches, should only the churches be removed from them and given to younger/more appropriate clergy, and they get to keep their castle/city holdings?

Talking through it, I think what I'm leaning more towards is maybe not using the actual lay clergy title holders for the events, but making use of a flag or trait that the player can hand out to anyone - landed or not to mark them as a whore-priestess.  I'll default that to on for church chaplains or just assume they implicitly have it, and give the player a variety of ways to set it on other characters they want to be included in the events.

9 minutes ago, Adroit said:

Talking through it, I think what I'm leaning more towards is maybe not using the actual lay clergy title holders for the events, but making use of a flag or trait that the player can hand out to anyone - landed or not to mark them as a whore-priestess.  I'll default that to on for church chaplains or just assume they implicitly have it, and give the player a variety of ways to set it on other characters they want to be included in the events.

So a bit like the prostitute trait in ck2? (LF, iirc) I actually like that idea, imagine telling to your sexy courtier "Good news, sweetheart, it is time you go do your sacred duty so I volunteered you to work at the temple. I'll come visit there next week so you better be working hard." ;)

33 minutes ago, Adroit said:

It's the mechanism of replacing lay clergy that's more the problem in my mind - the priestesses I'm replacing currently all have their titles via being court chaplains, which I feel pretty good about straight up replacing.  For the lay clergy - I either need to scope to anyone who holds a temple holding (which the ones I'm currently hitting don't - their liege does), or only to vassals who only hold temple holdings.  If they own more than just churches, should only the churches be removed from them and given to younger/more appropriate clergy, and they get to keep their castle/city holdings?

The simplest solution would be to send an important message to the temporal leader (player) to remove anyone that is over 40-45 and with those traits you don't like. The message would be a simple event reminding them that x priestess needs to be removed. Temporal heads can revoke titles freely, so that alleviates your problem.

I'd stay away from the traits, instead just have the events fire on at a fixed time. This way the player gets an event/event chain to explore at certain intervals. I'd suggest 3-5 years because anything sooner will end up spamming the player if they have mods that have events in them.

Could someone help me find out to fix this? i dont know whats wrong, religions wise i got: 
More Religion Doctrines Tenets https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2218249327
More Religious Doctrines https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2221612003
Historically Accurate Religions https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2221172183
Meritocracy https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2220825358
Cormyr's New Tenets (And maybe doctrines too) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2220733158
20200906143635_1.jpg.ff0da1485b222a8d81617a8738d3fbf7.jpg

@Adroit I just made a tiny "harem doctrines" mod for personal use (for now). Since I'm also using your mod I'm trying to keep those compatible.

So I thought I'd post the mod files here. If you like them, you could add them as well.

Doctrines: 

doctrine_polygamy_harem = {
		piety_cost = {
			value = faith_doctrine_cost_high
			if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = doctrine_polygamy_harem }
				multiply = faith_unchanged_doctrine_cost_mult
			}
		}
		parameters = {
			number_of_spouses = 100
		}
	}

doctrine_concubine_harem = {
		piety_cost = {
			value = faith_doctrine_cost_high
			if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = doctrine_concubine_harem_harem }
				multiply = faith_unchanged_doctrine_cost_mult
			}
		}
		parameters = {
			number_of_spouses = 1
			number_of_consorts = 999
		}
	}

and english localization:

l_english:
 doctrine_polygamy_harem_name:0 "Polygamic Harem"
 doctrine_polygamy_harem_desc:0 "If each marriage is holy, then more marriages equals more holiness. Why should we stop?"
 doctrine_concubine_harem_name:0 "Infinite Harem"
 doctrine_concubine_harem_desc:0 "While there can be only one sacred bond, earthly pleasures are not limited in that way. The internal politics of such a large harem can get quite interesting however."

The only issue I've run into is that you only see 3 concubines in your relationship window and you can't scroll or expand it to show more.

I also have some more plans, but I'm stuck since I don't know how to add a new decision yet. I want a stress-reduction orgy decision (like hunt/feast) that reduces stress by a certain amount depending on how many wives/concubines you have. Additionally, like hunt/feast, it should contain some sub-events. This part I have figured out, but I don't know how to create the decision in the first place. :(

After that... maybe do something with the "internal politics" I've hinted at in the description. Or maybe some more events, I like writing those. :) 

2 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

The simplest solution would be to send an important message to the temporal leader (player) to remove anyone that is over 40-45 and with those traits you don't like. The message would be a simple event reminding them that x priestess needs to be removed. Temporal heads can revoke titles freely, so that alleviates your problem.

I'd stay away from the traits, instead just have the events fire on at a fixed time. This way the player gets an event/event chain to explore at certain intervals. I'd suggest 3-5 years because anything sooner will end up spamming the player if they have mods that have events in them.

Thanks - that may be a good way to deal with it - I'll think on it longer.  I may still end up with traits/modifiers based on some other things I want, but for now a reminder event may be sufficient on the lay clergy side.

1 hour ago, s520864 said:

More Religious Doctrines https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2221612003 was the culprit

Gotcha - I haven't tried any of the UI modifying mods yet, but I've read they're a little hard to make play along atm.

2 hours ago, NightlinerSGS said:

<snip>Harem Mod</snip>

Nice - I'll think about it - I've been starting as an insular ruler, so I've been enjoying the four wives life.  I don't know if I'd personally want to go higher, my current ruler has 21 kids already, lol!

For decisions, check out the documentation in common/decisions/_decisions.info - I've found those files helpful for my own learning, and it should get you started at least.  I've been starting out by finding an event I like, copying it, and modifying it to work for what I want - I'd bet you could probably base yours off of the feast decision or something.  I think that there's a num_of_concubines 'field' on characters, which I believe in ck2 might have also included secondary wives, so you can probably use that in your triggers to determine how much stress to relieve.

Doesn't this mod's dialogue distinguish between men and women and homosexuality and heterosexuality?

The lines below think that something is not appropriate when a heterosexual man is a priest.

Because in the case of a straight man
It's kind of weird to have cocks and holes and face covered with holy things.

-----------------------------

"Often seen with a cock in each hand and with [target_priestess.GetHerHis] face covered in holy [target_priestess.GetFaith.GetAdjective] seed, visitors to the temple of [target_priestess.GetCurrentLocation.GetTitle.GetNameNoTierNoTooltip] have reported that [target_priestess.Custom('GetCouncilOrTitleName')] [target_priestess.GetFirstName] has truly embraced the lustful tenets of [target_priestess.GetFaith.GetName]."

"According to many faithful [lustful_priestess.GetFaith.GetAdherentNamePlural] from across [scoped_primary_title.GetNameNoTierNoTooltip], [lustful_priestess.Custom('GetCouncilOrTitleName')] [lustful_priestess.GetFirstName]  has become a paragon of wanton lust and lavisciousness.  Rarely is [lustful_priestess.GetSheHe] seen without at least one hole filled with a pious [lustful_priestess.GetFaith.GetAdjective] cock."

1 hour ago, SamIAmHam said:

@Adroit More information regarding temporal leaders. They can hold temples just fine, so you can do an entire event chain based around that.

Yeah, agreed - I can do that, I just don't want to remove their titles automatically like I do for the spiritual leaders - I'll just send a message to the player when I get to that.

43 minutes ago, solsolra said:

Doesn't this mod's dialogue distinguish between men and women and homosexuality and heterosexuality?

The lines below think that something is not appropriate when a heterosexual man is a priest.

Because in the case of a straight man
It's kind of weird to have cocks and holes and face covered with holy things.

-----------------------------

"Often seen with a cock in each hand and with [target_priestess.GetHerHis] face covered in holy [target_priestess.GetFaith.GetAdjective] seed, visitors to the temple of [target_priestess.GetCurrentLocation.GetTitle.GetNameNoTierNoTooltip] have reported that [target_priestess.Custom('GetCouncilOrTitleName')] [target_priestess.GetFirstName] has truly embraced the lustful tenets of [target_priestess.GetFaith.GetName]."

"According to many faithful [lustful_priestess.GetFaith.GetAdherentNamePlural] from across [scoped_primary_title.GetNameNoTierNoTooltip], [lustful_priestess.Custom('GetCouncilOrTitleName')] [lustful_priestess.GetFirstName]  has become a paragon of wanton lust and lavisciousness.  Rarely is [lustful_priestess.GetSheHe] seen without at least one hole filled with a pious [lustful_priestess.GetFaith.GetAdjective] cock."

Ahh yeah, I suppose that could be a problem, huh.  I removed my checks on gender, but I didn't re-write the localizations to work from a heterosexual male-whore-priest perspective.  I definitely could tap into the homosexuality being a sin thing, so I could base which localization it is on priest/ess gender and that doctrine.  I'll add it to the list - but if anyone wants to volunteer a set of lines for those two (and any others very female-whore-priestess oriented), I'd be down for adding them to the main mod.

One idea I had today was how about let the people hold the titles (administrators at the temple, for example) and instead have a modifier lustful_priestess_volunteer (or similar) and give the modifier an expiration date according to the character's age so it'll expire around when the character is 40. If it's not quite doable, then say anyone under 25 gets it for 20 years, under 30 for 15 etc.

I'm not quite well versed enough on the ck3 modding yet, so it could be that events won't be looking through the modifiers, but if there is a way, then you could search for people with the modifier for the flavor events.

Love this mod. Enjoying it a lot so far. I noticed that you had new features in version 1.05 to get rid of clergy who are old or ugly. However, when I updated the mod I didn't see any manual option to retire a character and no event triggers when they get over 40. Is there something I need to enable or something. Also where in the character menu would the force retirement show up?

29 minutes ago, Bolzhano said:

One idea I had today was how about let the people hold the titles (administrators at the temple, for example) and instead have a modifier lustful_priestess_volunteer (or similar) and give the modifier an expiration date according to the character's age so it'll expire around when the character is 40. If it's not quite doable, then say anyone under 25 gets it for 20 years, under 30 for 15 etc.

I'm not quite well versed enough on the ck3 modding yet, so it could be that events won't be looking through the modifiers, but if there is a way, then you could search for people with the modifier for the flavor events.

Hmnn, I like that - I'm working on modifiers for volunteers soon, and I think I can do some math in the scripts to diff age from desired age, I'll give it a shot!  Automating it for lay clergy I'll have to figure out.

2 minutes ago, bobwhite said:

Love this mod. Enjoying it a lot so far. I noticed that you had new features in version 1.05 to get rid of clergy who are old or ugly. However, when I updated the mod I didn't see any manual option to retire a character and no event triggers when they get over 40. Is there something I need to enable or something. Also where in the character menu would the force retirement show up?

Hey, glad you like it!  What type of clergy are you using right now?  Spiritual, or temporal?  I only have it written to work with Spiritual priests atm