[mod] Adroit Religion

The fix should be simple on Adroit Religion's end. Basically, it just needs to

• remove pregnancy_events.txt,
  • add the carn_suppress_next_on_pregnancy_notification character flag for "Child of God" pregnancies,
  • move the "Child of God" pregnancy notification into a separate event that is called from carn_on_pregnancy_notification_suppressed

I've posted a new version, 1.11, which is compatible with version 1.3.1 of Carnalitas.  I've also trimmed down the birth events I'm overriding, hopefully to improve any future compatibility issues there.

Make sure to do a clean install when updating!

On 10/22/2020 at 6:44 AM, Leaf the Elf said:

Just because the red triangle appears, it doesn't necessarily make it incompatible with the newest version. Sometimes, the new versions of CK3 only include bugfixes and other minor whatnot.

Hopefully I've fixed this this time, but I'm growing suspicious that my encoding is off on my mod file or I'm just doing something plain wrong, if it still tells all of you the mod is outdated.  I'll look into this more when I can.

On 10/24/2020 at 2:13 PM, fred4333 said:

I've elevated a child of a priestess, but she's still not part of my house. The description of elevated child clearly says she should be part of my house. Could you fix this so that the girl is contributing to my level of splendor.

Sorry for missing this!  If this is still happening to you, can you share a little more about your setup?  Are you playing as a male or female?  Who is the other parent - what is their title/relation to you?  There's a good bit of variables in the handling for the inheritance there, but in my recent testing it _looked_ like it was working.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:38 AM, dude7189 said:

Thanks for the mod - great work and lots of fun.

I was wondering if you could make this mod compatible with a tenet extender, something like this?

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018414189/myworkshopfiles/?appid=1158310&browsefilter=mysubscriptions

Sorry, compatibility for those sorts of mods is a bit challenging, as they would require a number of fragile patches.  Hopefully Paradox will improve the religion modding experience in the future to make these things more compatible.  In the meantime, I would suggest just skipping my AdroitReligionCustomChristianity submod if you want compatibility for tenet extenders - as the main mod should be compatible with these, and all AdroitReligionCustomChristianity really does is add my own christianity (and a combo tenet that shouldn't be too important if you have more tenet stlots)

One more new version available, 1.11.1, resolves another compatibility issue with Carnalitas that I missed, and I think I finally sorted out the supported version thing.  Somehow I missed that you need to set it it both the mod and the descriptor file.

4 hours ago, Tops34 said:

How do I get the mod to work with game version 1.1.3?

Can you describe your issue a bit more?  If it's just the launcher telling you the mod is outdated, don't worry about that, that's inaccurate.  Alternatively, I've just pushed a version that should finally suppress that error message.  If your issue is something else, let me know

15 hours ago, Adroit said:

Sorry for missing this!  If this is still happening to you, can you share a little more about your setup?  Are you playing as a male or female?  Who is the other parent - what is their title/relation to you?  There's a good bit of variables in the handling for the inheritance there, but in my recent testing it _looked_ like it was working.

So it's going to take a while for me to rebuild my empire again, but I thought I'd show what the old version of this mod does.

In the first pic, you can see me as King Karl of Wessex under House Washington. However, Princess Aelfgifu is not of my house. She is under House Colenceaster. The 2nd pic shows that I uplifted her. She has the trait and everything. The third pic shows that I don't know who the mother is. The mother is definitely not one of my vassals though. I think that would have counted as an alliance, but I'm not sure.

I'll try to replicate having a child of a priestess soon. Thanks for the mod, sir. So far, it's the best sex mod for ck3 (imoo, of course)

Crusader Kings III 11_02_2020 3_16_46 am.png

Crusader Kings III 11_02_2020 3_17_13 am.png

Crusader Kings III 11_02_2020 3_17_32 am.png

2 hours ago, fred4333 said:

So it's going to take a while for me to rebuild my empire again, but I thought I'd show what the old version of this mod does.

In the first pic, you can see me as King Karl of Wessex under House Washington. However, Princess Aelfgifu is not of my house. She is under House Colenceaster. The 2nd pic shows that I uplifted her. She has the trait and everything. The third pic shows that I don't know who the mother is. The mother is definitely not one of my vassals though. I think that would have counted as an alliance, but I'm not sure.

I'll try to replicate having a child of a priestess soon. Thanks for the mod, sir. So far, it's the best sex mod for ck3 (imoo, of course)

Hmnn, I see - I'll look into it some, ty for the info!

I've encountered a pretty irritating bug with this mod, everything works fine until I use embrace corruption then the game crashes when I right click anyone but my own character.

It's prob just a mod conflict somewhere, will go through my mods and update any finds.

--edit--

So far I found this out these mods don't play well with the corruption option:

Absylim's Mana System
Ancient Magic
Character Customization
Character Physical Modify
Daddy Pika's Cheat Menu
FunGaming Cheat Mod Collection - Daddy Pika's Cheat Menu Compatible

I don't know why, it prob has something to do with the char interaction or something.

Strangely enough if you don't use the corruption all above mods work without crashes

7 hours ago, PhoenixDragon said:

I've encountered a pretty irritating bug with this mod, everything works fine until I use embrace corruption then the game crashes when I right click anyone but my own character.

It's prob just a mod conflict somewhere, will go through my mods and update any finds.

--edit--

So far I found this out these mods don't play well with the corruption option:

Absylim's Mana System
Ancient Magic
Character Customization
Character Physical Modify
Daddy Pika's Cheat Menu
FunGaming Cheat Mod Collection - Daddy Pika's Cheat Menu Compatible

I don't know why, it prob has something to do with the char interaction or something.

Strangely enough if you don't use the corruption all above mods work without crashes

Hmmnnn, "Embrace Corruption" isn't something from my mod - maybe it's from another of your mods?

1 hour ago, fred4333 said:

The child of the priestess works now. Tnx. Ignore the house name, I had it changed between the pics.

Oh, nice - let me know if it happens to you again.  I don't think I changed anything that would have resolved it, so it could be something that only happens occasionally. 

So apparently I found out that your court chaplain doesn't follow the maximum number of children limit. Any plans on patching this? I kinda don't want to repeat my mistake when I downloaded the remove child cap mod. I started at 17 years old and by the time I reached 50, I had 61 kids.

On 11/5/2020 at 1:37 AM, fred4333 said:

So apparently I found out that your court chaplain doesn't follow the maximum number of children limit. Any plans on patching this? I kinda don't want to repeat my mistake when I downloaded the remove child cap mod. I started at 17 years old and by the time I reached 50, I had 61 kids.

hmnn, the events where a character becomes impregnated without your involvement don't have a limit, other than that it will weigh against characters that already have several children (iirc).  If it's become a problem for anyone, I can pretty easily weigh more heavily against those with many children, or implement a cap.

On 11/5/2020 at 1:53 PM, PhoenixDragon said:

In how far is this compatible with Dieu et Mon Droit? 

When I use both I'm missing the Ritualistic Prostitution doctrine.

--edit--

Got the doctrine to show up but the building still don't work

Hey, I'm not familiar with that mod, but I took a quick look, and it seems that conflicts are pretty likely on things both mods touch, potentially buildings and doctrines.  Buildings are, as I understand it, an area that's a bit difficult for compatibility, as if you add a building to a holding type, you need to edit the definition of the holding to include it.  Hopefully Paradox improves that experience at some point.

That said, the buildings in this mod don't do much at the moment, It's just one simple chain.  If anyone would like to try their hand at a compatibility patch, all that should be necessary would be an entry under common/holdings/ defining a church_holding with both my building and the building from any other mod.  

1 hour ago, Adroit said:

hmnn, the events where a character becomes impregnated without your involvement don't have a limit, other than that it will weigh against characters that already have several children (iirc).  If it's become a problem for anyone, I can pretty easily weigh more heavily against those with many children, or implement a cap.

Yeah, a cap would be nice. 2 would be most ideal. To put this into perspective, I had started banging my chaplain because she kept having the event where "I should go visit her" was an option. Now she gave birth to 6 of my kids, and I was trying to get genius into the bloodline. So ideally 2 kids for my seduce targets or just make sure I only get 14 kids total.

Crusader Kings III 11_05_2020 12_45_12 pm.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been giving a quick look at the CK3 mods available and I got stuck on one of the screenshots of this mod because the text didn't seem to make much sense. Or at the very least isn't flowing nicely. I don't know what this mod is about (yet), I just need to get this sorted out.

One can read the following:

In a blatant affront to God, Duchess Ben-Míde has been found to have been shirking her sacred duties, having lain with fewer than then faithful Aphrodesians in the last month!

Which sounds like you're repeating yourself (read aloud the emphasis).

My take on the sentence (here shirk is in the past participle tense):

It has been found that, in a blatant affront to God, Duchess Ben-Míde shirked from her sacred duties by laying with fewer than 10 faithful Aphrodesians in the last month!

I feel the second sentence is easier to read. I may be wrong though, as I'm no English major.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for this great mod.

Now I have a technical problem want to ask for help. 

If  I have a faith mod with Carnal Exaltation and I don't want to create a new faith while gaming, could I just changed the doctrine by cover mod code and which part of codes should I change if this way works? 

Welcome to reply me privately if you need, thanks for you help!