YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky* -R2- UPD-09.02.

Mix of all childraces through 3 mods.

CotS R2.

RCotS reworked.

CotS Followers Beta.

Human Skychild CotS R2

Sky child elf RCotS reworked

Orc skychildRCotS reworked

Wood elf skychild RCotS reworked

Human Skychild RCots reworked

CotS Follower Beta

yeah, i've been warned already. its just no1 there responds

nice mix btw

Whether they respond or not, it is the proper thread for it. This is not the proper thread, so don't expect any support here for a different mod. Sorry that no one is responding over there, but asking here won't make it any better. This thread is for CotS, not CotS Reworked as they don't have the same features and are different mods. So you're basically going to get nowhere.

Just keep asking in the other thread, and eventually someone might help you there. Asking here won't help you, since the people who come to this thread use this mod, thus can't help you with the features of the other mod since this thread is not about that mod.

yeah, i've been warned already. its just no1 there responds

nice mix btw

Whether they respond or not, it is the proper thread for it. This is not the proper thread, so don't expect any support here for a different mod. Sorry that no one is responding over there, but asking here won't make it any better. This thread is for CotS, not CotS Reworked as they don't have the same features and are different mods. So you're basically going to get nowhere.

Just keep asking in the other thread, and eventually someone might help you there. Asking here won't help you, since the people who come to this thread use this mod, thus can't help you with the features of the other mod since this thread is not about that mod.

got ya ;)

Having a problem with my CotS character.  For some reason, they won't swim - they just run/walk along the bottom underwater.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Hoping to get some hints about how to fix it.

Are you using the NMM ver of CotS? It's the only one I could get right, but you'd have to repack it (for MO???), unless you're actually using NMM.

But to answer your question, the skeleton could be the issue, but I've never ever heard of a skeleton having that particular effect on...anything. Make sure all your mods are compatible with CotS. I'd say every mod that does not alter your looks (majorly. makeup and clothing mods work fine) or skeleton or race are totally compatible. Mods that alter children may not be compatible, but I've done exactly that, and still found no incompatible mods, aside from the obvious ones.

Also, when you're running along the bottom of the river (XD), are you using up your oxygen, like normal, or does it seem like you're not under water at all? Does the water slow you down and all that?

The game doesn't seem to recognize that they are in the water as they aren't losing oxygen when on the bottom and don't show the wet effect when getting out.

Hello,

Is there some way to make the nipples on the male sky child look lighter? Or would that be complicated, it would probably require a change in the textures and as I am not exactly a modder I'd probably sooner ruin the file haha. (whichever file that is)

I even tried to use the body of the ashen child male followers by copy pasting those into the folder of the cots mod in my skyrim folder but that really messed up the entire body as then the  nipples (well, you can make out that that's what they were by the color) are near the shoulders and the whole body looks deformed and strangely colored, the body shape is there but just as if someone very roughly used a pencil eraser upwards and then wrinkled and unfolded it again as if a piece of paper too.

I tried that, as well, the ashen male child follower's body looks awesome, especially Anthe looks great/cute with his face too.

The creator of Ashen followers said this as an answer to me back then:

It is perfectly doable. You need to replace male body meshes and textures from CotS with the ones from AF - you'll find them in AshenC folders respectively in data\meshes and data\textures. Sorry about my instructions being so vague, but I don't have access to Skyrim right now.

So that is what I tried but as I mentioned above that seriously messed it all up, so maybe I did something wrong, someone knows where I messed up maybe? And if it is just not possible, a pity as that body just seems a lot smoother and the nipples are not so dark with them.

I even wanted to make my cots char look exactly like Anthe haha.

Modding is mighty interesting but can seem overwhelming as I've never done as such, I'd love some easy to understand noobie guide for it that could guide me through it all step by step as I'd love to be able to create mods myself too. Someone know a newbie friendly guide? (who knows, maybe I too will be one of the modders then for Oblivion/skyrim or a new game, could be fun.)

I still hope Jiitek'll come back, I was quite looking forward to v3 and curious about what he may have bettered.

Ah well, here I am rambling on so I guess I'll close it off with, thank you to anyone willing to help.

Hello,

Is there some way to make the nipples on the male sky child look lighter? Or would that be complicated, it would probably require a change in the textures and as I am not exactly a modder I'd probably sooner ruin the file haha. (whichever file that is)

I even tried to use the body of the ashen child male followers by copy pasting those into the folder of the cots mod in my skyrim folder but that really messed up the entire body as then the  nipples (well, you can make out that that's what they were by the color) are near the shoulders and the whole body looks deformed and strangely colored, the body shape is there but just as if someone very roughly used a pencil eraser upwards and then wrinkled and unfolded it again as if a piece of paper too.

I tried that, as well, the ashen male child follower's body looks awesome, especially Anthe looks great/cute with his face too.

The creator of Ashen followers said this as an answer to me back then:

It is perfectly doable. You need to replace male body meshes and textures from CotS with the ones from AF - you'll find them in AshenC folders respectively in data\meshes and data\textures. Sorry about my instructions being so vague, but I don't have access to Skyrim right now.

So that is what I tried but as I mentioned above that seriously messed it all up, so maybe I did something wrong, someone knows where I messed up maybe? And if it is just not possible, a pity as that body just seems a lot smoother and the nipples are not so dark with them.

I even wanted to make my cots char look exactly like Anthe haha.

Modding is mighty interesting but can seem overwhelming as I've never done as such, I'd love some easy to understand noobie guide for it that could guide me through it all step by step as I'd love to be able to create mods myself too. Someone know a newbie friendly guide? (who knows, maybe I too will be one of the modders then for Oblivion/skyrim or a new game, could be fun.)

I still hope Jiitek'll come back, I was quite looking forward to v3 and curious about what he may have bettered.

Ah well, here I am rambling on so I guess I'll close it off with, thank you to anyone willing to help.

There are plenty beginners guides for start modding on youtube. I not sure but ghoper have some beginners videos he explains it very clear but maybe also better ones dunno have no time to mod hehe.

@evasiadutch:

Have you tried going underwater as an "adult"? A different race has that problem, and you have serious missing water issues going on. If there's no problem there, then you really should try starting a new game, just to jump in some water as fast as possible. If the problem's still there, clearly you must reinstall CotS, but again, I've never heard of anything like this before. You found a brand new problem.

@Sorith:

Never just paste another race's textures/meshes onto your character. That said, simply Google the heck out of "how to create a custom body, and custom armor, and other key words, and you'll find a few tutorials and wikis describing how to do both.

Basically, you'll have to grab the body nif file from the male, and use Photoshop to change the color of the areola/nipple. Plenty of tutorials out there. I've seen them all, so dedication, and patience are what you'll need to start modding. Begin with Creation Kit.

You may find that a different npc has the the right nips. Get X-Vision Children, and copy paste the malebody_0.nif and the malebody_1.nif files from here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\xvisionc\character assets

...and paste them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets

You'll want to make a copy of your malebody_0 and _1.nifs that you already have first, or just move the old ones uot before doing this, so you don't lose them. That part's always important.

You don't have to use XVC to do this, just download the mod, and try on the meshes. Don't like them, put the old .nif files back in, and learn to change the color in Photoshop.

nif is mesh file and have nothing to do with it in photoshop

using absolute path like "C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\xvisionc\character assets" is VERY bad practice.

Skyrim and steam at all can be installed in different drive. Mine path of steam is d:/s/. And i am pretty happy that only few mods and meshes i have to edit to remove this absolute path

nif is mesh file and have nothing to do with it in photoshop

using absolute path like "C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\xvisionc\character assets" is VERY bad practice.

Skyrim and steam at all can be installed in different drive. Mine path of steam is d:/s/. And i am pretty happy that only few mods and meshes i have to edit to remove this absolute path

I just use that path as an "understood" initial installation pathway. That's where a lot of people have their stuff installed, so I tell them to use that path so they know where to go. If they changed the path, then they know what they're doing, and will automatically know what I mean, and where to go.

Thank you, I'll see what I can find and do. Sadly I do not have photoshop though, wasn't that super expensive? And a false copy can bring you in a whole world of shit I once heard in way of a fine.

Oh, and I placed my Skyrim in data (D:), I have a lot more space in (D:).

Oddly, no matter where I put it (It was in C: before) fnis always gives this warning:

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory.<<

Which does not make sense as I have a legal Skyrim game which I bought from a gamestore close to me as I thought the disc version would not need steam back then, if I knew it did I would have just bought it straight off of Steam itself, would have saved me a trip haha.

Gopher is really good at explaining yes and I must say I really like his voice, watched his video for skse back when.

A question, i have a face pack from another mod installed and this mod replaces femalehead.nif is that really necessary for this mod to work?

Yes. I'd say the head is one of the more prominent features of the mod. It doesn't simply make a person smaller, it completely overhauls the game (if you make use of the options). The face is why you don't look like a really small adult. 

Thank you, I'll see what I can find and do. Sadly I do not have photoshop though, wasn't that super expensive? And a false copy can bring you in a whole world of shit I once heard in way of a fine.

Oh, and I placed my Skyrim in data (D:), I have a lot more space in (D:).

Oddly, no matter where I put it (It was in C: before) fnis always gives this warning:

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory.<<

Which does not make sense as I have a legal Skyrim game which I bought from a gamestore close to me as I thought the disc version would not need steam back then, if I knew it did I would have just bought it straight off of Steam itself, would have saved me a trip haha.

Gopher is really good at explaining yes and I must say I really like his voice, watched his video for skse back when.

I think you can just register your game with Steam. Go to Steam, and select add a non-steam game to library. A list of games (files galore) will pop up. Find your game, and choose it. The rest should (hopefully) sort itself out.

You'll have to run this game through Steam.

Here's my path:

C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim

It's a pretty great place to have all of your games, unless you choose to use an external hard drive.

Oh but that's not the problem, it is running through steam already, when installing with a disc bought from a store once installed you have to register the game in steam by typing in the code which is found on the back of the booklet inside the box of the disc.

So it is completely running through steam and completely legal but for some reason fnis always keeps saying that one warning of >>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory.<<

That warning is what does not make sense, unless for some reason it finds installment through a legal disc from from a gamestore not legal, which still wouldn't make sense. :P

My path for skyrim was the same as yours, until I figured D: had a lot more space and decided to makes steam go to D: instead of C:, in either case fnis always says that one warning silly enough.

My path is:

D:/DGames/Steam/Steamapps/common/Skyrim.

DGames was a folder I made myself to install steam into.

But well, all this is quite offtopic haha.

As for this race, I really love it, was curious to the http://www.loverslab.com/topic/14043-wip-official-tnt-custom-race-thread-or-what-the-femboy-idea-turned-into/?hl=femboy also just to be able to have an adult male that would not be very muscular for a stealthy character but I actually enjoy being a kid in games, most likely because I wish I could have stayed like 12 to 15 years old in reality like some immortal kid instead of this stupid aging we living beings do in reality..

Even played a Khajiit which has it's fun but I just keep coming back to wanting to play as a kid with powers (wether that be magical or archery/stealth) as that if I ever got a wish in reality would be exactly what my wish would be, to be about 15 again with eternal youth and if possible some really nice powers (telekinesis or something), as that probably won't ever happen in reality though I do not shut off that possibilty as well, who knows what we eventually are capable of or maybe have even lost, all that mythology and fantasy had to come from somewhere right? But maybe I am just odd to think that.

So as I can't be that in reality I am just glad games like this do give me the possibility, I also created my char to be a kid in Dragon's Dogma, I seriously Loved that game! It had a weird ending though.. Can't wait for the sequal, the gameplay/character creation/combat of that game is so freaking awesome, and I quite loved the story but would have liked more depth to it, especially the ending was odd, and well, man were followers annoying so I hope they learned from the bad things they did so the sequal can be even more awesome.

Basically I always play as my younger self in games where it is possible, though if an adult form I want to be some seriously powerful/immortal looking being/Barbarian type possibly even with glowing eyes, I am two sides of a coin hehe. (I "guess" most of all I just really hate our human frailty and aging in reality, I am much rather some immortal being)

Man I can divert a lot!

So you moved your game path already? Does Steam know that?  :D (did you uninstall from old (rename maybe)/reinstall into the new folder?)

If you move your game path, a reinstallation is required.

Exit Steam. Go to SteamApps, and rename it to SteamApps_old. Fire up Steam. Choose 'Install game' (right-click on Skyrim in the Library). Choose 'custom' when asked how you want your Skyrim installed, and your whole game will be installed to that area of your comp, but be sure to place all of the games you play most there. Skyrim will be a game you play often, so I recommend a Solid-State.

Ignore the FNIS legal steam warning, it doesn't mean anything and will not affect anything.

FNIS creator thinks that people only install Skyrim into the default directory and so he's set FNIS to complain about any path that's different.

He's only really done it to catch out the dumb pirating kiddies who ask for support on the Nexus anyway.

FNIS creator thinks that people only install Skyrim into the default directory and so he's set FNIS to complain about any path that's different.

No, the creator of FNIS isn't so brainless to think that.  :)

FNIS looks for Skyrim registry entries. Which can get lost due to whatever reason (e.g. dumb PC Cleaners).

The registry gets fixed by the Steam launcher. But since so many people use SKSE as launcher .....

So start with the Steam launcher when you have this problem. It's described in the Nexus sticky note, and the description.

But most people think they can run a program like FNIS without reading documentation.  :)

So you moved your game path already? Does Steam know that?  :D (did you uninstall from old (rename maybe)/reinstall into the new folder?)

If you move your game path, a reinstallation is required.

Exit Steam. Go to SteamApps, and rename it to SteamApps_old. Fire up Steam. Choose 'Install game' (right-click on Skyrim in the Library). Choose 'custom' when asked how you want your Skyrim installed, and your whole game will be installed to that area of your comp, but be sure to place all of the games you play most there. Skyrim will be a game you play often, so I recommend a Solid-State.

If I am correct I did that the right way yes haha. I could try it again of course but man, then I have to install all mods yet again. :P

Edit:

I uninstalled everything, including Steam and deleted everything that had anything to do with it, maybe a bit drastic but oh well.

Gonna make a completely new install for steam and see if everything goes right then.

I take it Steam will set itself in C: again somewhere when I do that? I rather have it all in D: for the following reason:

C: = 51,5GB of 117GB available.

D: = 451GB of 478GB available.

As you see D: has tons more space so I really want Steam to install itself there when I do the complete new install and that it happens perfectly, so that I do not get any Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory.<< again.

I take it just telling the new steam install to install itself there will make everything right then?

All that stuff they talk about in that video is mumbo jumbo to me, I am not exactly a computer expert, what they do in that video is coding or something right? And I only say that because I see all those weird things they type in that black field, it's all mumbo jumbo to me and I have no clue what they are doing. :P

Plus I have windows 7.

All that stuff they talk about in that video is mumbo jumbo to me, I am not exactly a computer expert, what they do in that video is coding or something right? And I only say that because I see all those weird things they type in that black field, it's all mumbo jumbo to me and I have no clue what they are doing. :P

Plus I have windows 7.

If its mumbo jumbo and you don't know how to type commands in prompt, but you dont know what this is ?

Just do clean install as you discribe that also workes fine just little more work and downloading can be fun also:)