YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky* -R2- UPD-09.02.

Eh, it's using a mesh built from the UNP mesh so anything UNP is compatible. No reason for things to become incompatible unless they move away from UNP. Even then you could easily enough swap skeletons and meshes and become compatible with whatever the next body is, it would just take a little work.

I like the mod and all, but there was a ton of stuff that needed fixing. I spent quite a lot of time fixing just the easy problems. Just look at all the work Glouf is having to do. He was convinced he'd gotten it stand-alone and then we started raining on his parade haha. It just pokes into so many things it shouldn't, it's quite a bit of work to fix that.

Sadly, I'm almost positive jiitek had done all of this work for R3. When I spoke to him about it, and about fixing the mesh (it has an inconsistency that makes it break morphs from 0 to 1 weight that's actually pretty easy to fix), it sounded like he'd really come a long way towards polishing the mod and getting it out of the places it didn't need to be in. I waited, so excited, for him to come back that next week. And then it was a month. And then 6. :( I wish he'd come back, even if he'd be mad we've all run off in different directions with his mod haha.

You gotta admit, jiitek did an awesome job, if all of the newest jewelery mods still fit CotS. R3 may have been a bit better, but honestly, there wasn't much for him to fix. Abandoned mods usually drop dead.

Yeh its awesome mod even its almost 2 years old soon.

But i must say glouf is slowly also doing great job his npc replacer with new clothes for kids is one of best plus his races are very nice addition also:)

Realy enjoy combo of CotS r2-Cots r2 Followers-RCotS-RCotS follower liette and NPC Replacer mods.

Can't wait for next update glouf make.

Eh, it's using a mesh built from the UNP mesh so anything UNP is compatible. No reason for things to become incompatible unless they move away from UNP. Even then you could easily enough swap skeletons and meshes and become compatible with whatever the next body is, it would just take a little work.

I like the mod and all, but there was a ton of stuff that needed fixing. I spent quite a lot of time fixing just the easy problems. Just look at all the work Glouf is having to do. He was convinced he'd gotten it stand-alone and then we started raining on his parade haha. It just pokes into so many things it shouldn't, it's quite a bit of work to fix that.

Sadly, I'm almost positive jiitek had done all of this work for R3. When I spoke to him about it, and about fixing the mesh (it has an inconsistency that makes it break morphs from 0 to 1 weight that's actually pretty easy to fix), it sounded like he'd really come a long way towards polishing the mod and getting it out of the places it didn't need to be in. I waited, so excited, for him to come back that next week. And then it was a month. And then 6. :( I wish he'd come back, even if he'd be mad we've all run off in different directions with his mod haha.

I think its funny if jiitek see that there still some hardcore followers of his mod :)

Glouf is making steady headway, but still has a ways to go before it will truely be standalone and out of the vanilla resources so it stops mucking about with unintended things. There are still inner workings that I don't care for. CoTS or RCoTS is still very much going to be an animal unto itself, and quite painful to do anything else extra with.

Skykids, that en_hawk is working on, is going about it almost entirely from the opposite direction. Total resource isolation from the very beginning, built around a framework to make it easy to add your own customizations and to tie other mods into it. It might seem like it's early days, but in fact the hardest parts are already done. It's like en_hawk built a truck from the ground up already and now it's just sitting because we can't decide what color to paint it haha.

Speaking of which, if any of you are good at making pretty faces in-game your input would be most appreciated over in that thread. ;)

Glouf is making steady headway, but still has a ways to go before it will truely be standalone and out of the vanilla resources so it stops mucking about with unintended things. There are still inner workings that I don't care for. CoTS or RCoTS is still very much going to be an animal unto itself, and quite painful to do anything else extra with.

Skykids, that en_hawk is working on, is going about it almost entirely from the opposite direction. Total resource isolation from the very beginning, built around a framework to make it easy to add your own customizations and to tie other mods into it. It might seem like it's early days, but in fact the hardest parts are already done. It's like en_hawk built a truck from the ground up already and now it's just sitting because we can't decide what color to paint it haha.

Speaking of which, if any of you are good at making pretty faces in-game your input would be most appreciated over in that thread. ;)

Im not gonne say or judge which one is better for moment my most favorite is still CotS r2 original mod.

I'll always stick with this version for now. Thinking of trying Skykids when they get the child replacer done, but for now it's this one for me.

I don't use the playable race portion of the mod, just the child replacer. Glouf's mod is alright, but it overwrites way too much stuff. It is no where near standalone as they claim it is. From vanilla races and npcs and vanilla outfits to other armor mods, it is just a mess of stuff that gets overwritten.

With this mod I only had to delete a couple files to fix the vanilla overwrite thing, and now it is working just fine. No overwriting my armor mods, no overwriting my vanilla races and npcs, none of that. Just a simple child replacer that works perfectly.

Still interested in seeing where Skykids goes, but for now, Children of the Sky is the best one in my opinion if you want just a child replacer.

Most of the CoTS replacer bits are actually xvision, same for RCoTS. If that's all you're looking for you can save yourself a lot of drama hehe. It's even available patched for all the DLC, and UKSP compatibility. And very easily "customized" to address certain "short comings." :P

Edit: I should clarify, since I was thinking it but somehow managed not to say it, that something only replacing is not going to enable things like making them followers, equipping them, changing their AI, etc. Mesh, textures and presets only usually.

XVision is alright and yeah I get that it is just a child replacer, but I like the look of CotS over XVision personally. Thus why I don't use XVision. :P

The males in XVision just give me the creeps lol. CotS does a lot better job on that end and actually makes them look like kids, not shrunken adults. Plus the Apachii Hair compatibility that CotS uses is great over XVision just using vanilla hair.

And I don't mind not making followers or changing their AI etc. Equipping them is easy with NPC Clothes Changer & Maintainer mod. You can give them anything you want them to wear. I don't use playable races so all that customization stuff is something I'm not concerned about. I just care about a decent child replacer mod to get rid of the Attack of the Potato Clones look all the vanilla children have. And this mod does just that without the playable race.

I'm with you on the xvc male kids, man some of them are downright creepy haha. Someone, and by someone I most decidedly mean not me, should update the xvision bits in CoTS/RCoTS to address DLCs and UKSP and such from the new xvc code.

I'm curious how those NPC clothes changer/maintainer mods work since kids are different in-game. if it's just overwriting default outfit (how kids usually work, and why giving them armor doesn't work). The "normal" way of doing it does not at all work for children. Like AFT, if you force follower a child and try to turn on inventory management what you end up with is a naked kid you have to 'resurrect' to get their default outfit back. CoTS, BCPB and I imagine a lot of other similar mods get around that by un-flagging them as children so they will actually equip stuff you give them. But that breaks other things. <sigh> Around and around we go. :)

The NPC Clothes Changer & Maintainer is pretty neat on that regard though.

You get a Ring of the Fashion Designer and when you wear it, go talk to any NPC. It will pop up a menu that allows you to remove their default outfit (so they don't switch back to it), and another option to dress them up. The dress up just opens an inventory icon (like you are pickpocketing them or something) and then you just add clothes from your own inventory into their inventory. They equip it while you're adding it and voila, that's it.

The maintainer portion of the mod runs a script to keep the NPCs dressed up in the outfits you give them. So no reverting back to their default outfit or anything (if you didn't use remove default). If you don't want an NPC dressed up in an outfit anymore, you can use the ring again and then select the option to release them. It removes them from the listing and no longer maintains their outfit.

Though if you remove the default outfit, it will remove it permanently. So make sure to only use that option on someone you don't plan on releasing or is permanent.

But I think the reason why it works with CotS, is cause the children were designed with the UNP body with x117 skeleton and made to be playable. It doesn't flag them as non-child races, it still keeps them as a child race. All it is doing is changing their clothes. I figure as long as you are using compatible clothing mods, it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm slightly confused after reading it like 3 times, and just want some quick clarification. I'm probably tripping out.

- If you want to play a none Sky Children character while Children of the Sky is installed I recommend to deactivate "YChildren of the Sky.esp" otherwise you wont be able to select certain
character creation assets.

Can someone put this in laymans terms I can understand at any form of awake/sleepyness? I love this mod and wanna download it and get it plugged in, buuuut...I have to cover my bases!

Also, if anyone knows where all the loli armors are, like, the links in the topic that I don't have time to go searching through, that would be awesome.

-Sleepy Seraphim

There are two aspects of CoTS/RCoTS. The Children of the Sky.esp makes playable children. Xvision replaces existing NPC children (aka potato heads) with the same assets used for the playable races. You don't have to use both, so you could run just xvision and all the NPC kids would be different but you'd have no new races.

The reason you'd want to turn yChildren off is because the mod is all up in the business of vanilla resources, so if that ESP is active and you try to play any other race it's all messed up. In fact, just installing the mod will mess with your other races whether you want it to or not.

Armor is in the first page or in the thread dedicated to them. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15220-armor-conversions-for-yii-techniques-labors-cots/

I'll save you some time and inform you that this mod has not been updated in about a year. RCoTS is Gloufs unofficially official continuation.

I'm slightly confused after reading it like 3 times, and just want some quick clarification. I'm probably tripping out.

- If you want to play a none Sky Children character while Children of the Sky is installed I recommend to deactivate "YChildren of the Sky.esp" otherwise you wont be able to select certain

character creation assets.

Can someone put this in laymans terms I can understand at any form of awake/sleepyness? I love this mod and wanna download it and get it plugged in, buuuut...I have to cover my bases!

Also, if anyone knows where all the loli armors are, like, the links in the topic that I don't have time to go searching through, that would be awesome.

-Sleepy Seraphim

Its easy LOLILABS V1.1.7

And armor pack from  glouf RCOTS reworked also on this site.

Here:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/326-cots-rebuilt/

and here:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/235-armor-conversions-for-yii-techniques-labors-cots/

Hey im new here and i am trying to get this mod working, i coppied and paste all files in the right place but it doesnt work, i do get some hairtype but i dont get the body as a child or a flat chest or what ever.

Can someone help me out a bit cuz i cant find a good installation manual or something..

Maybe i there are some requiremensts i need? I dont know, but if someone could post a link in a reply on how to install this i would be really thankfull.

It has to be installed manually, it's not packaged for NMM. It's also abandoned for over a year now, so I suggest you go look at the one Glouf is working on instead of this one.

If you're determined then you're going to have to either make your own install package for a mod manager or install this manually. There really aren't any instructions, it installs just like any other mod. All of the ESPs are required, and I think BOSS will sort them correctly now. It also breaks all other races, first person camera scaling, and a bunch of other stuff that requires manual fixes sprinkled throughout the thread.

Hey im new here and i am trying to get this mod working, i coppied and paste all files in the right place but it doesnt work, i do get some hairtype but i dont get the body as a child or a flat chest or what ever.

Can someone help me out a bit cuz i cant find a good installation manual or something..

Maybe i there are some requiremensts i need? I dont know, but if someone could post a link in a reply on how to install this i would be really thankfull.

Get the NMM install version. That's the one you want. If you don't want to use NMM (and I commend you if you don't), then you will likely need instructions. There are a lot of options in the package, and it's good to know why you don't want all of them. There are 2 different options for every feature. If girl, do want her to have boobs? Would you like the clothes to be standard, or do you want the clothes to be CotS-style? Do you want custom music and sounds?

I use Mod Organizer for everything.

Get the NMM version, extract it into a folder, and choose which options you want. Remember, you can't use 2 of the same kind of option. You can't, for example, use both kinds of clothing. You can use custom, or vanilla. Only one kind of body, boobs or flat. When you have decided which one's you want, add the data folder inside each of them to the "Main" folder. Choose to merge the files. When you've done that, right-click the Main folder, rename to Children of the Sky, right-click that, and choose "add to Children of the Sky.rar (or .zip, .7Z, whatever you use). If you use MO like me, you'll want to rename and "add to .rar" the Data folder inside of the Main folder, instead of the actual Main folder itself.

Read me file explains rather easy how to install and what.

Make sure you install it in right map oriental also some parts of the mods need both meshes and tetures to install  always all in oriental map.

Make sure you activate the esp in your NMM or won't work eather and some mods need to be place lower in load order even if boss place them higher.

If you had previous versions of RCoTS reworked make sure you have removed all old files also the esp in your data map or you get also conflict.

For example of file you can easly switch on and of is Flat chest just drop in female texture map oriental and you have flat chest drop the texure from normal into oriental female texture map and you have normal chest again(just example its for most that simple)

Most armor mods best to place them as last in loadorder.

Some body textures need to be places also in normal female/male map or you get strange looking nord or imperial for example.

If you follow the readme carefully and do what it say and place files in right maps it should all work ok.

Ive np at all and ive installed all CoTS related mods with the follwer mods both have.

All my child npcs have no texture problems and look awesome with there great new armor looks.

Hi, this mod is awesome but i have 1 problem with it.

When i get to edit my new children of the sky character in the beggining when i get to the edit face part the camera is so high i can only see the top of the head, making it impossible to do anything meaningful.

Did i miss getting some other prereq mod ?

I'm new to skyrim and modding so im sorry in advance if i'm asking something that has been asked many times before.

Hi, this mod is awesome but i have 1 problem with it.

When i get to edit my new children of the sky character in the beggining when i get to the edit face part the camera is so high i can only see the top of the head, making it impossible to do anything meaningful.

Did i miss getting some other prereq mod ?

I'm new to skyrim and modding so im sorry in advance if i'm asking something that has been asked many times before.

Use CoTSr2 in combo with RCoTS reworked mod that mod have racecompatibillity patch and you have several races to choose from also.

Optional - first person camerafix.

All files needed for CoTS r2-followers beta or RCOTS reworked on this site just search you'll find it:)

what also help alot is:http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37347//?

Don't use the camera fix, that is a game-breaking change that will screw up the camera for any character you make and play. Use RCoTS that has the properly updated skeleton.

Everytime i go away/don't log in for awhile, lots of false information pops up and other things...

The skeleton camera doesn't break anything. When you wanna play a big girl, just remove the skeleton from the 1stperson folder and remove the camera settings from .ini

I am happy this mod is still being used/played/downloaded by so many people. I haven't played a "big girl" character myself, in aboot a year and half.

However, as it stands, R2 (untweaked) is still a "broken" mod. Many people don't realize this; R2/Patch fixed some hands issues, the hearthfires kid issue, and the redguard female face issues -- whilst this is good, there are other issues -- so i will list the issues this mod has for future references:

1.) This mod comes with it's own companionhousekeeping script, vampire and wolf change scripts - these are broken

2.) This is kinda the same as "1" - turning into a Vampire/Dawnguard is not supported by this mod

3.) This mod uses a old racecompatibility script/.ESP - the Dark Brotherhood Gourmet Questline will become broken

4.) This mod still overwrites a lot of vanilla assets - mostly the big girl Nord and Redguard presets when attempting to make a new character as one of these races

5.) Loli's don't have vampire teeth nor do they have working open/close jaws for gag-mods and such

You can however tweak this mod, as I have, and everything except number "4" goes away. I can live with that because i don't play those races and in-game NPC's  look fine. And especially if you have RaceMenu/ECE/etc you can make the playable nords/redguards look normal with some tweaking in-game slider bars.

Not sure if this is an issue anymore, but i no longer have purple face bug. All hearthfire kids look fine. My girl as a vampire has vamp teeth and her jaws move. I do not have "bronze/shiny' skin whilst in shadowy places. I can kill children (in-game kids, obviously, you weirdos - don't get off topic!) without the use of terrible "child-kill" mods that do more harm than good. I have updaded RaceCompatibility scripts, vampire and werewolf scripts and all UFO/USKP working correctly, tightly, and without any issues.

if/when jiitek comes back, and releases with next update, all of these problems I mention should be fixed. You will however have to do all of this yourselves if you want a super-stable, clean and super clean/small papyrus log.

I also recommend using all of Steve40's scripts (minus the DunBluePalace one as it's not needed anymore I believe) - they will eliminate all Predator and critter spam, DustDropFX and other papyrus log spam. and of course get all latest Unofficial patches.

Hope this announcement helped a few peeps!

(EDIT: I don't feel like finding/searching, sorry... but you can search the thread and pick up the childfollowmarry.esp I uploaded, copy the correct camera .ini settings and use the camera-skeleton I uploaded as well - I also have posted which files you will need to complete the updated racecompatibility and have it work correctly... good luck!)