YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky* -R2- UPD-09.02.

lol Quit confusing poor Sorith.  :P

@Sorith:

Reinstall the way I said. Just be sure to choose 'custom' when the Install Wizard asks how you want to install it. It will say 'Typical' and 'Custom'. When you choose the path, make it D:\Steam Games\, or D:\Bethesda Games\, or something like that. Installing this way can leave no doubt that Steam will recognize that as your install path. Also, Windows can't mess with your mods when you change your path out of Program Files (x86).

If you don't know anything about command prompts, I suppose I could tell you a really easy way to use it well. Just PM. I don't care.

Edit! Use Mod Organizer, since you're reinstalling! Life will be sweet if you do!

The outfit does not change on mine. I give Dorthe clothing from some of the armor packs made for Sky Children but she just has her Vanilla kids clothes on still. 

I have a child follower mod so any kid can be your follower. Only one at a time though.  Not sure if that conflicts somehow.

Anyone else have this problem where they don't change outfits?

edit: Oh also the hand fix and hair fix for the boys don't work for me. The hands are still glitched and the hair looks absolutely awful on those boys.

Hi! I'm having a slight problem (not the mods fault) and I just need some help :) 

I'm missing the "Race Compatibility.esm" or whatever, and I wonder how to get it? This means I can't run like any race mods at all, so I really need some help! Thanks :D

This mod is not supported anymore so if you use this mods it all works fine but a more recent "Race Compatibility.esm" you have to go to COTS rebuild sections a standlone based on COTS R2 mod  and DL the COTS mod the ESM is in that mod.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20706-children-of-the-sky-reworked-stand-alone/

Not sure which height fix you're talking about. If it's from the original CoTS R2 then none of it is NMM compatible. And if you're talking about the first person height fix in CoTS R2 I can only recommend you avoid that as it breaks camera height scaling for all races.

I'd have to say to fix it you should stop using R2 and look into one of the two linked above that are still being worked on. :(

Not sure which height fix you're talking about. If it's from the original CoTS R2 then none of it is NMM compatible. And if you're talking about the first person height fix in CoTS R2 I can only recommend you avoid that as it breaks camera height scaling for all races.

I'd have to say to fix it you should stop using R2 and look into one of the two linked above that are still being worked on. :(

Sorry for not telling which one I used. I used the NMM installer one, but the heigth fix didn't work. I tried manually installing it to but to no luck. 

I tried making my characters "heigth" size smaller but the character itself got SUPER small when I got the desired heigth in first person. And when I made her bigger (to like a teenager) she was like one and a half nord male heigth lol. 

I could really use some help :P!

I've heard that a few times. I don't know what everyone's talking about. Do you use Bodyslide? Racemenu (mod)?  That tends to screw up various things in CotS, though I've heard people say it works fine for them. Those people likely tweaked it. The only issue I've had is the sneaking. I always stand up when sneaking, if I'm not moving. I've come to realize that has no fix though.

LilBigAdventure, still don't know which fix you mean. Not mine I'm sure of that much haha.

What other appearance mods do you have? Like Archdemon said, Racemenu? ECE? PSA?

The root issue is that the skeleton in CoTS R2 has a badly placed node that controls first person camera scaling. Any fix is going to be a work around or patch or hack and is going to cause something else to break.

If you dig through the history on this post I've posted slightly updated ESPs and skeletons that fix the scaling and many other issues, but also break other things like DLC children and cause some animations to go nuts (because they are force scaled and not meant for children but the flags preventing children from using them have been removed in CoTS). I don't use CoTS any more, so there will almost certainly never be any more updates from me either.

I wasn't kidding when I said the best fix is, if you like CoTS, to go give Gloufs rebuild a try as it's going for the same aesthetic and he's pumping out updates like mad.

The other one that en_hawk is working on is not quite aimed at the same thing, so it's personal choice which you want to use.

do you know a way to change or modify the clothes and shoes by default adoptable children?

The same way (in CK) that you change anyone else's.

No double-posting! This is Loverslab. You'll definately get a response here on the CotS thread. The other thread you posted on can be considered "paused", until he starts making armors again.

LilBigAdventure, still don't know which fix you mean. Not mine I'm sure of that much haha.

What other appearance mods do you have? Like Archdemon said, Racemenu? ECE? PSA?

The root issue is that the skeleton in CoTS R2 has a badly placed node that controls first person camera scaling. Any fix is going to be a work around or patch or hack and is going to cause something else to break.

If you dig through the history on this post I've posted slightly updated ESPs and skeletons that fix the scaling and many other issues, but also break other things like DLC children and cause some animations to go nuts (because they are force scaled and not meant for children but the flags preventing children from using them have been removed in CoTS). I don't use CoTS any more, so there will almost certainly never be any more updates from me either.

I wasn't kidding when I said the best fix is, if you like CoTS, to go give Gloufs rebuild a try as it's going for the same aesthetic and he's pumping out updates like mad.

The other one that en_hawk is working on is not quite aimed at the same thing, so it's personal choice which you want to use.

I am using RaceMenu, and like 100 other mods but none really to change appearance of the character (except CBBE and some armor mods). I will try to disable RaceMenu then I'll come back to post the results :)

EDIT: The heigth got fixed when I disabled RaceMenu but features like tattoos and haircolor got removed which is pretty boring since they were really cool... Is there any way to modify RaceMenu to work with the Sky Children heigth?

EDIT EDIT: If I disabled RaceMenu then saved and then quit Skyrim, enabling RaceMenu, then loading the save withouth RaceMenu the heigth worked and I can also get the cool features! EDIT: BUT... When I stepped outdoors the whole thing messed up again haha...

Racemenu does in-game rescaling of skeletal nodes. The skeleton CoTS R2 is using is based on XPMS but is very old, essentially no longer compatible. If you use my updated skeleton it will play nice with racemenu but all children will be scaled wrong (usually as adults) unless you use my ESPs. But, slippery slope here, if you use my ESPs then some kids will stay big and some won't, and some animations will make them magically morph back to adult size and then back to kids (which is pretty creepy and/or funny depending on your state of mind). And also requires Dawnguard due to me mastering the updated racecompat without realizing it.

Player Size Adjuster might help, basically the way you use it to fix this issue is you set your child scale there (~0.86) but unchain the jump and run height (leave them 1.0) and then scale yourself 1.0 (no scale sliders in Racemenu). If scaling yourself 1.0 (in the console player.setscale 1) makes you too big or too small change it in Player Size Adjuster and then scale yourself 1 again. This is the best way to do it when you're trying to custom scale because it will reset to this when you are reloaded (entering/leaving cells sometimes).

Flip side, if you use Gloufs rebooted CoTS these issues are fixed there as well. He's actually rolling my updated skeleton into his mod but has already fixed a lot of other incompatibilities. I don't know how the rescale issue goes there, I don't actually use his mod either. The internal workings of CoTS is why I now only use en_hawks mod heh.

Racemenu does in-game rescaling of skeletal nodes. The skeleton CoTS R2 is using is based on XPMS but is very old, essentially no longer compatible. If you use my updated skeleton it will play nice with racemenu but all children will be scaled wrong (usually as adults) unless you use my ESPs. But, slippery slope here, if you use my ESPs then some kids will stay big and some won't, and some animations will make them magically morph back to adult size and then back to kids (which is pretty creepy and/or funny depending on your state of mind). And also requires Dawnguard due to me mastering the updated racecompat without realizing it.

Player Size Adjuster might help, basically the way you use it to fix this issue is you set your child scale there (~0.86) but unchain the jump and run height (leave them 1.0) and then scale yourself 1.0 (no scale sliders in Racemenu). If scaling yourself 1.0 (in the console player.setscale 1) makes you too big or too small change it in Player Size Adjuster and then scale yourself 1 again. This is the best way to do it when you're trying to custom scale because it will reset to this when you are reloaded (entering/leaving cells sometimes).

Flip side, if you use Gloufs rebooted CoTS these issues are fixed there as well. He's actually rolling my updated skeleton into his mod but has already fixed a lot of other incompatibilities. I don't know how the rescale issue goes there, I don't actually use his mod either. The internal workings of CoTS is why I now only use en_hawks mod heh.

Ive try and yes the followers BETA kids where HUGE suddenly hehe.

So i changed it back and to be honest that im in first person bigger or scaleing bit off i can live with that rest of mods ive installed CotsR2-Cots follower beta and RCots Reworked and it works fine.

No clothes problem all sized correctly no seams own character and follewers or npc children.

Ill wait untill glouf implement a real fix for this.

Btw why not install Rcots its standalone and it wont mess up anything, only his mod for now 4 races have not so many options only female elf child have enough options.

Standalone perhaps, in that it doesn't require any other mods (except race compatibility which IS it's own mod BTW and did not come from CoTS) but "...it wont mess up anything..." is not at all how it works. Go look at the \data structure in the archives for CoTS or RCoTS, there are still plenty of vanilla overwrites that impact all races. That's also not even going into how insane the ESP is, I'd know I spent hours in there trying to clean them up myself. :P While I won't go into detail because this really isn't the place, the RCoTS ESPs are in a lot of ways worse than the CoTS ones I cleaned up because Glouf has to make up all that ground again on top of all the stuff he's adding.

Well glouf have made alot improvements only thing thats still missing is more options to brows-eyes-nose-mouth-hair ext.

Ive now installed CotS r2-Cots follwers-RCotS-RCotS friendly kids/Hostile kids and xvision children that change all kids.

Littlebit problems with hight still but i can live with that.

CotS r2 still works best and have all face options the normal human races have.

I use body texture true daugthers of skyrim.

These screens is CotS r2 no neckseam and all face options.

post-232301-0-88020600-1383476704_thumb.jpgpost-232301-0-98826600-1383476722_thumb.jpg

Only thing i don't understand is that nobody makes realistic HD ears they all compare to faces/body sucks hehe.

Well glouf have made alot improvements only thing thats still missing is more options to brows-eyes-nose-mouth-hair ext.

Ive now installed CotS r2-Cots follwers-RCotS-RCotS friendly kids/Hostile kids and xvision children that change all kids.

Only thing i don't understand is that nobody makes realistic HD ears they all compare to faces/body sucks hehe.

Sounds like someone out there finally got it working almost as well as me. :) I thought it would never happen. You even use everything I do. Finally!  :lol: (I don't use TDoS textures though)

The only true issue I can recall about using CotS (aside from standing up when I'm staying still in a sneak position) is in Solstheim. I forget their names, but there's a mage who enchants staffs in a mushroom. I think he's part of DB's main questline. When you enter his mushroom, there's a small wind current just inside, that you have to catch to float up to his lab. There's also a Black Book locked in a room up there (obviously, I haven't played DB in a while). My PC couldn't float up. I assumed the position, but I didn't move, and I got back into my basic idle stance again.

I found a bunch of ways around it, but nothing elegant. I even hit the guy "upstairs" with a spell, and got him to come after me, sheathed my weapon, and talked to him "downstairs'. Whatever works. Fuggit. I've done a lot of updating since I've last been there with a CotS character, so perhaps I can do it now? We'll see. I'm still working on Obl for now.

What piercing mod provides that nose to ear chain?

What piercing mod provides that nose to ear chain?

High res standalone nose chain.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/46126/?