Kandagawa Jet Girls

game is a bit expensive for me right now but i suppose it would be worth it to see if the file structure is the same as senran's and if the old senran mod tools work on it. it could also use something like Unreal since everyone's using third party engines these days

2 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

game is a bit expensive for me right now but i suppose it would be worth it to see if the file structure is the same as senran's and if the old senran mod tools work on it. it could also use something like Unreal since everyone's using third party engines these days

The game is made in Unity. Its also released on uh..third party sites >.> If you just want to mess with the modding.

29 minutes ago, NumberXer0 said:

The game is made in Unity. Its also released on uh..third party sites >.> If you just want to mess with the modding.

unity is kind of a pain to mod iirc. the people in the risk of rain 2 thread might know about it

Playing the game for the first time right now and I immediately see a problem that needs a mod solution.

There are minigames in the Clubroom menu. In the Machine Washing mode there are QTE style prompts and it uses a button 1,2,3,4 layout instead of standard A,B,X,Y layout.

I'll look at the game files later to see if I recognize any file types. Hopefully texture modding shouldn't be a problem and hopefully it will be as easy as that.

Update: Just found a setting for button display all the way at the bottom of "environmental" in the options menu (very bottom option there.)

This allows for not only 1,2,3,4 (keyboard layout) and A,B,X,Y (general controller & Xbox,) but also Playstation Dual Shock layout as well. Nice.

I will still do my investigation of file types, but first problem already solved.

Special Attention: (Second Update)

I just combed through the file folders and found none of the usual suspects when it comes to modding anything related to Senran Kagura or DOA.

I'm stumped. I hope someone can do something with this game as far as texture modding at least. It would be nice to make custom decals and outfits.

And of course the usual pervy stuff we all hang around for.

If anyone is a Senran Kagura fan, there are actually 10 characters available from the series. The 8 DLC ones of course, but Ryona and Ryobi in the base game.

I had no idea they were even in the game, I'd only seen the 8 DLC ones ever mentioned.

3 hours ago, MugiwaraPrince said:

Playing the game for the first time right now and I immediately see a problem that needs a mod solution.

There are minigames in the Clubroom menu. In the Machine Washing mode there are QTE style prompts and it uses a button 1,2,3,4 layout instead of standard A,B,X,Y layout.

I'll look at the game files later to see if I recognize any file types. Hopefully texture modding shouldn't be a problem and hopefully it will be as easy as that.

Update: Just found a setting for button display all the way at the bottom of "environmental" in the options menu (very bottom option there.)

This allows for not only 1,2,3,4 (keyboard layout) and A,B,X,Y (general controller & Xbox,) but also Playstation Dual Shock layout as well. Nice.

I will still do my investigation of file types, but first problem already solved.

Special Attention: (Second Update)

I just combed through the file folders and found none of the usual suspects when it comes to modding anything related to Senran Kagura or DOA.

I'm stumped. I hope someone can do something with this game as far as texture modding at least. It would be nice to make custom decals and outfits.

And of course the usual pervy stuff we all hang around for.

If anyone is a Senran Kagura fan, there are actually 10 characters available from the series. The 8 DLC ones of course, but Ryona and Ryobi in the base game.

I had no idea they were even in the game, I'd only seen the 8 DLC ones ever mentioned.

That's because this game uses it's own engine. It's using unity. IIRC none of the prior Senran Kagura games used Unity.

Also THANK YOU for the button prompt hint. Why it's set to that is beyond me. It should auto detect!

Uh, I'm kinda lazy, so I haven't checked if this works or not, But it's Unity so it's pretty likely the Unity Assets Bundle Extractor would be all you need for both Texture and Mesh modding.

If you need a Tutorial on it, it should be easy enough to Google.

Not really sure why Risk of Rain 2 doesn't take advantage of it, I wasn't paying attention to their modding scene, but I would assume they checked UABE already and it for some reason didn't work? I dunno, but it works more often than not, so, it's worth a try.

P.S. IMO, I prefer being able to manually set my preferred button icons, 99/100 games will use Xbox icons, even if you're using a DualShock, and I always check all the options on startup anyway. Of course, having an auto-detect that you can manually overwrite would be the most ideal.

6 minutes ago, Hakufu1021 said:

That's because this game uses it's own engine. It's using unity. IIRC none of the prior Senran Kagura games used Unity.

Also THANK YOU for the button prompt hint. Why it's set to that is beyond me. It should auto detect!

Yeah. It threw me when the button prompts came up like that. I've never jumped into the file folder to look at file types on unity, so it was just hope of recognition.

3 minutes ago, Tehman4 said:

Uh, I'm kinda lazy, so I haven't checked if this works or not, But it Unity so it's pretty likely the Unity Assets Bundle Extractor would be all you need for both Texture and Mesh modding.

Not really sure why Risk of Rain 2 doesn't take advantage of it, I wasn't paying attention to their modding scene, but I would assume they checked UABE already and it for some reason didn't work? I dunno, but it works more often than not, so, it's worth a try.

Cool. Thanks. When I have a lot more time to dedicate to it I'll give that a go (unless someone beats me to it.)

Playing around with the minigames I can already say that it'll be pretty interesting if someone does put out some lewd mods or at least skimpier swimsuits.

One of those minigames has them running on a big treadmill catching hearts. The jiggle physics are already in full effect.

45 minutes ago, Tehman4 said:

Uh, I'm kinda lazy, so I haven't checked if this works or not, But it's Unity so it's pretty likely the Unity Assets Bundle Extractor would be all you need for both Texture and Mesh modding.

P.S. IMO, I prefer being able to manually set my preferred button icons, 99/100 games will use Xbox icons, even if you're using a DualShock, and I always check all the options on startup anyway. Of course, having an auto-detect that you can manually overwrite would be the most ideal.

asset bundle extractor is fine for replacing textures but not meshes. youd need to find something that converts the mesh into the appropriate file for replacing

35 minutes ago, hilbo75 said:

asset bundle extractor is fine for replacing textures but not meshes. youd need to find something that converts the mesh into the appropriate file for replacing

I did say I was lazy, I just google some related videos, found a "Mod 3D Models in Unity" type video, and skimmed it to see what they used, and only saw UABE.

Oops. Hopefully the full body is there at least.

I did confirm that the game scales the character models based on floating point values stored in memory just like Senran Kagura does. Using cheat engine I was able to find the scale values in the memory and edit them. The game has scales for overall body size, head size, bust size, and body weight.

Problem is I haven't found anywhere in the files where these values might be stored before they get pulled into the memory. Modifying them via cheatengine is not ideal as it involves dissecting the mono code and adding breakpoints to certain methods to find the memory value the scale is stored in

See below example of modified scales

image.png.52ef020dee74f5d7efd4af17da873971.png

asset studio cant import anything though so you'll still have to find a way to turn the obj's back into the files they need to be and then reimport them. although once you've converted them back to the original file type, then you could probably repack with UABE just fine

it might also be worth looking into whether 3DMigoto works on this game

4 hours ago, Planus said:

I did confirm that the game scales the character models based on floating point values stored in memory just like Senran Kagura does. Using cheat engine I was able to find the scale values in the memory and edit them. The game has scales for overall body size, head size, bust size, and body weight.

Problem is I haven't found anywhere in the files where these values might be stored before they get pulled into the memory. Modifying them via cheatengine is not ideal as it involves dissecting the mono code and adding breakpoints to certain methods to find the memory value the scale is stored in

See below example of modified scales

Do you have a snapshot or list of the float values of the characters? They can probably be fished for during boot by having a grouped search to targets the specific float points

Unless... at what point do you think the game loads them into memory proper?

Here's the hex values for Rin Namiki

Body            Head           Weight        Bust            Idle Pose      camera offset    unknown          unknown

5C 8F 82 3F E1 7A 84 3F 00 00 80 3E B8 1E 05 3F 42 0A 00 00 30 0A 00 00       35 0A 00 00     08 AC 9C 3F

I'm not sure when they're loaded into memory , but the values that get pulled persist between menus. And it appears to load values for each character regardless of whether the character is present. Just checked by running a scan for the above array and pulled a hit from the title screen so they get loaded at startup

I'm getting the addresses while attaching a breakpoint to the AvatarMasterTable.GetBodyScale method

1 hour ago, JoeMesh said:

$84 worth of DLC on release day. Why am I not surprised?

As usual, people are calculating the seperate parts of the character pass alongside the character pass.

The Senran Kagura DLC characters are $9.99 per pair or $29.99 for all 4 packs.

The game was out on PS4 for quite a while before they localized it and let out a PC port.

This is an entire batch of DLC that was originally put out over time originally. We got access to it all at once.

49 minutes ago, Planus said:

Here's the hex values for Rin Namiki

Body            Head           Weight        Bust            Idle Pose      camera offset    unknown          unknown

5C 8F 82 3F E1 7A 84 3F 00 00 80 3E B8 1E 05 3F 42 0A 00 00 30 0A 00 00       35 0A 00 00     08 AC 9C 3F

I'm not sure when they're loaded into memory , but the values that get pulled persist between menus. And it appears to load values for each character regardless of whether the character is present. Just checked by running a scan for the above array and pulled a hit from the title screen so they get loaded at startup

I'm getting the addresses while attaching a breakpoint to the AvatarMasterTable.GetBodyScale method

Crap, I was hoping we could just override the loaded floats and update the model by forcing an asset reload. Sure it flushes the cache at some point. Or so I thought.

So you think the only way is to find the file that actually contains the hex. Do you know if the files are XOR'd or otherwise scrambled? If not, well, it is not a good idea but loading every file into 010 editor and doing a hex check for one part of what you got there (say, the body) and checking surrounding data... well, at least it would give us an idea of where to start.

I tried checking the files for that array and didn't turn up any hits. The individual 4 byte sections turn up quite a bit but modifying those hasn't had any results.

You can overwite the floats after they're loaded and it will update if you transition screens, change characters in the dressing room, change outfits, etc. They don't get flushed as far as I can tell

There are some other pieces to the hex block that I'm finding as well both above and below those values for controlling the character's face, skin texture, defaults, name display, etc