[Outdated] Lovers Resources Pack

You don't need to delete the esp's if you plan on playing them sometime in the future. If you have no plans on ever playing that mod however it is best that you delete or at least move the esp outside of the data folder. One of oblivion's many quirks is that it will count esp/esm files towards your 255 limit even if they are not enabled.

To install the resource file is quite simple as you just extract it to a temp location and then drag and drop it into your oblivion/data/ folder and say "yes" to any merging. Don't forget to install the lovers with pk base pack as well!

You don't need to delete the esp's if you plan on playing them sometime in the future. If you have no plans on ever playing that mod however it is best that you delete or at least move the esp outside of the data folder. One of oblivion's many quirks is that it will count esp/esm files towards your 255 limit even if they are not enabled.

To install the resource file is quite simple as you just extract it to a temp location and then drag and drop it into your oblivion/data/ folder and say "yes" to any merging. Don't forget to install the lovers with pk base pack as well!

I get rid of the ESPs if I don't use them. And I took the steps to put the Data folders in the data folders. Question: What is the BethesdaSoftworks file for?Do I need to do anything with that?

-As far as I know, I install the Lovers stuff like this;

. Lovers Resource

. Lovers with PK

Is this correct? Regardless of order, I feel like the Game should start up and play normally right? If it doesn't I'm guessing I did something wrong.

EDIT: Alright installed all the things, and the game runs normally. HOWEVER; When I start to go somewhere I get a message saying "Lovers requires OBSE to run! You didn't read the directions did you?"

Which is odd because I KNOW I have OBSE. The folder for OBSE is called 'OBSE_0020'. The Pluggy thing and such are in the Plugins folder in Data/OBSE/Plugins. I honestly have no idea why this is appening. :/

Obse needs to be installed to the Oblivion root folder (where your oblivion.exe file is - and NOT in a subfolder). Pluggy and the others are in the correct location that you listed.

Also you will need to start your game with the obse_loader.exe.

You will need to grab OBMM (oblivion mod manager) from the nexus to organize your load order. Sample load order can be found here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6133

Have fun! :)

Greg

I get rid of the ESPs if I don't use them. And I took the steps to put the Data folders in the data folders. Question: What is the BethesdaSoftworks file for?Do I need to do anything with that?

-As far as I know' date=' I install the Lovers stuff like this;

. Lovers Resource

. Lovers with PK

Is this correct? Regardless of order, I feel like the Game should start up and play normally right? If it doesn't I'm guessing I did something wrong.

EDIT: Alright installed all the things, and the game runs normally. HOWEVER; When I start to go somewhere I get a message saying "Lovers requires OBSE to run! You didn't read the directions did you?"

Which is odd because I KNOW I have OBSE. The folder for OBSE is called 'OBSE_0020'. The Pluggy thing and such are in the Plugins folder in Data/OBSE/Plugins. I honestly have no idea why this is appening. :/

[/quote']

Forgive the silly question. but did you instal OBSE correctly?

obse_1_2_416.dll obse_editor_1_2.dll and obse_loader need to be in Program Files/Bethseda Softworks/Oblivion

You also need to rename your Oblivion Launcher(the one on your desk top) so it reads "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe"

Obse needs to be installed to the Oblivion root folder (where your oblivion.exe file is - and NOT in a subfolder). Pluggy and the others are in the correct location that you listed.

You will need to grab OBMM (oblivion mod manager) from the nexus to organize your load order. Sample load order can be found here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6133

Greg

I'm experiance in OBSE and OBMM, and have both. OBSE is installed in my Oblivon root folder at Steamapps/Common/Oblviion. Hmmm.... I have a Steam version of Oblivion and I think OBSE works with Steam if I put the plugin in the right spot. Will test OBSE Launcher through direct launch.

Greg

I'm experiance in OBSE and OBMM' date=' and have both. Hmmm.... I have a Steam version of Oblivion and I think OBSE works with Steam if I put the plugin in the right spot. Will test OBSE Launcher through direct launch.

[/quote']

Taken from the obse readme.txt in the Obse version 20 download:

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".

2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

Already figured it out and things are now working perfectly. :)

I had gone over board and placed the files to launch it through Steam in many diffrent places. this has been resolved and I am running error free.

Thank you, Greg for helping me relize it was nothing to do with installation and more to do with OBSE launching, I really appreciate it. If I could give you Kudos, I would.

b(^.^)

One Final Question: Do you have any recommendations for what mods to get for it? :)

Already figured it out and things are now working perfectly. :)

I had gone over board and placed the files to launch it through Steam in many diffrent places. this has been resolved and I am running error free.

Thank you' date=' Greg for helping me relize it was nothing to do with installation and more to do with OBSE launching, I really appreciate it. If I could give you Kudos, I would.

b(^.^)

One Final Question: Do you have any recommendations for what mods to get for it? :)

[/quote']

Glad to see you got it to work ^^......Oh and welcome to Lovers Lab! :D

Well, I don't know you from Adam so it is hard to recommend stuff to you not knowing your tastes.

I do recommend grabbing any "normal" mods (like clothing/armor replacers, body mods, beauty mods and any quest or city mods that appeal to you) and installing them first.

Be sure to test oblivion after installing each one to make sure you are working properly.

For lovers mods......:blush:

Well this again depends on your fetishes. Each plugin has a description of what it does in the opening post and also lists any requirements it may have. For a quick description of many of the basic mods you can look here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=65

Have fun :)

Greg

• 1 month later...

The mediafire download won't work for me (I press the download button but the download doesn't appear, I get the chance to "repair your download" I do click the link again and still won't download) any suggestions and is there any other way to download the resource pack?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there an easy way to tell which version of this pack is already installed' date=' or some other way to tell if/when to update it? I was looking in the Oblivion folders but couldn't find a version identifier for the resource pack itself.

[/quote']

This has been the same version of lovers with pk (rev91) for well over a year. There is no reason to update this pack at this time. Even if you decide to update the other core pack (lovers base pack rev 91) this pack is still needed.

When\if there is ever a reason to update this pack we will let you know.

• 4 weeks later...

So i need this to use the other lover mods' date=' certain parts, there was like a yellow with a grey questionmark on certain lover mods

[/quote']

Good grief! How much more clear can we make it? Yes you need this and the base pack. Please read the FAQ: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3 and Quick Install Guide: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=30

Sorry if it sounds like I am ragging on you but this question gets really old.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...