Config Immersive First Person View for SL

7 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

In the realistic variant, I get some awful vomit vision jitter when I walk/run/sprint. I like how the view will move with my chars 3rd person head, but is there a way to shut off the head movement like that when I'm moving? Or at least dampen it?

I disabled the stabilizer in realistic variant because it pulls the camera out of position in the animations. Use the regular variant, it has a soft camera, but there is a broken neck effect.

SmoothCam is patched for IFPV!

SmoothCam: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/41252?tab=description

You will need to get a preset or use none. I found a preset in the replies on SmoothCam's nexus page that linked a YT Video where you can find a preset in the description of the video :)

SmoothCam MCM Settings (DO IN THIS ORDER):

*Presets>Load Preset> Slot 5: LevisPreset [✔️]

Compatibility>Immersive First Person View>Immersive First Person View [✔️]

You can now save this as a new preset to load on future saves.

*Optional step, you could also make your own or use default

DISCLAIMER: I have ReplaceDefaultCamera=true in the IFPV.config.txt I'm not sure if it still works without this set to true if it does I will remove the disclaimer.

Patch Notes for SmoothCam:

Spoiler

image.png.f50e322ae2b2b1dd4f88d7c92e56c6aa.png

YouTube Video with Preset in Description:

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, coms77 said:

Cool! But what's the point? Is there some specific interaction between SmoothCam and IPFV?

You can do smooth transitions (scroll wheel change from 1st/3rd) between IFPV (First Person) and SmoothCam (3rd Person). This will let you have immersive 1st person combat animations (or not if u choose to use vanilla arms), immersive sexlab 1st person (with this config), and a better camera for 3rd person that play nicely together. Many people are using 3PCO and from personal use it just does not work all the time or smoothly track the player without jittering. Now we have something that works with IFPV very nicely for 3rd person and to make that work it requires editing the IFPV config file (which is what this mod (config file) on lovers lab does).

I downloaded a great config file for this mod from Nexus and now I'm trying to figure out how to dampen the major camera jerk I get whenever I strafe, right after starting the movement in that direction, but I can't figure out which ini setting affects that! It's the only thing wrong with it at this stage and it seems like people have fixed it because the movement in that Hodi video of IFPV looks pretty smooth to me.

8 hours ago, Coalstorm said:

You get a lot of jitter/jerking if you look up or walk forward while using the headtracking option, any suggestions on how to fix this?

This is not intended for combat or movement, I left the vanilla camera for that. When head tracking is enabled, it is best to lower the overall camera sensitivity.

24 minutes ago, Izolenta said:

This is not intended for combat or movement, I left the vanilla camera for that. When head tracking is enabled, it is best to lower the overall camera sensitivity.

Not during combat. Merely standing and looking up causes massive jittering, and so does walking forwards.

4 hours ago, Coalstorm said:

Merely standing and looking up causes massive jittering, and so does walking forwards.

You are using head tracking from IFPV or another mod? On the main page, the third GIF shows IFPV with its own head tracking, I checked everything works fine.

IFPV seems to have broken fNearClip currently with the latest SKSE version. I did some changes to the code, as listed in the 'NearClip is non-functional" here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22306?tab=bugs&BH=1

That got NearClip working.

However, a lot of the time my entire screen will flash black rapidly. It's almost seizure inducing. Seems to happen mostly when looking down or when it is raining, but it happens other times too.

I would think it was the code changes, but actually if you read the front page description of the IFPV on the Nexus, meh321 said in the troubleshooting section "Some ENB effects or lighting may be slightly different in first person view, especially if you look down a lot. This is due to the near clip setting."

So, actually it seems to be happening even when NearClip works normally from what that says.

I am using Rudy ENB with Obsidian Weathers. I have a feeling that certain effects are not compatible with IFPV in its current state.

Anyone have any ideas what those effects might be? I was going to try and disable them to see if that might help.

8 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

IFPV seems to have broken fNearClip currently with the latest SKSE version. I did some changes to the code, as listed in the 'NearClip is non-functional" here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22306?tab=bugs&BH=1

That got NearClip working.

However, a lot of the time my entire screen will flash black rapidly. It's almost seizure inducing. Seems to happen mostly when looking down or when it is raining, but it happens other times too.

I would think it was the code changes, but actually if you read the front page description of the IFPV on the Nexus, meh321 said in the troubleshooting section "Some ENB effects or lighting may be slightly different in first person view, especially if you look down a lot. This is due to the near clip setting."

So, actually it seems to be happening even when NearClip works normally from what that says.

I am using Rudy ENB with Obsidian Weathers. I have a feeling that certain effects are not compatible with IFPV in its current state.

Anyone have any ideas what those effects might be? I was going to try and disable them to see if that might help.

Check out this comment. It seems that someone managed to solve the clipping problem. I don't have enough time yet to repeat what he wrote about.

8 hours ago, Izolenta said:

Check out this comment. It seems that someone managed to solve the clipping problem. I don't have enough time yet to repeat what he wrote about.

It also seems people (including the OP for this project) forgot this was a thing. You can have a separate more proper-following custom camera for the SexLab scenes specifically with a simple IFPV config change.

8 hours ago, Izolenta said:

Double-checking, this is the same proposed fix that was posted on the Nexus. It is the same code, minus a leading space on the nc = [...] line which shouldn't matter after compiled.

I think you incorrectly assumed I was having a "clipping problem". This isn't a clipping problem. The entire screen flickers black every couple frames. It's seizure-inducing.

Unfortunately, even after the proposed changes, the black seizure-inducing flicker across the entire screen still happens when looking *straight* down. This is probably because the proposed changes made it where the NearClip was put back to a normal level when not looking down.

6 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

I think you incorrectly assumed I was having a "clipping problem". This isn't a clipping problem. The entire screen flickers black every couple frames. It's seizure-inducing.

Unfortunately, even after the proposed changes, the black seizure-inducing flicker across the entire screen still happens when looking *straight* down. This is probably because the proposed changes made it where the NearClip was put back to a normal level when not looking down.

I have never encountered flickering issue. It's hard to imagine Skyrim doing that. Maybe it's still worth checking the settings of the ENB and the video card? But if you insist that this is an IFPV problem... I looked at the nexus, meh321 showed his activity in his mods last time in February and March of this year, so I'm afraid have to deal with all the bugs myself.
I have noticed that when switching to the IFPV camera in the open world during sunsets or dawns, the camera floods with light as if you were looking towards the sun all the time. It seems there is no hard binding of the camera to its actual position. She picks up all the effects that can be. Your mods + ENB can aggravate the effect resulting in flickering. I'm not a great technical expert, but I do what I can.

9 hours ago, Izolenta said:

I have never encountered flickering issue. It's hard to imagine Skyrim doing that. Maybe it's still worth checking the settings of the ENB and the video card? But if you insist that this is an IFPV problem... I looked at the nexus, meh321 showed his activity in his mods last time in February and March of this year, so I'm afraid have to deal with all the bugs myself.
I have noticed that when switching to the IFPV camera in the open world during sunsets or dawns, the camera floods with light as if you were looking towards the sun all the time. It seems there is no hard binding of the camera to its actual position. She picks up all the effects that can be. Your mods + ENB can aggravate the effect resulting in flickering. I'm not a great technical expert, but I do what I can.

I've reset my Nvidia settings to default with Profile Inspector and it doesn't seem to change anything.

I've messed with some ENB settings, turning things off, and it doesn't seem to change anything either.

Attached is a short MP4 recording of the issue.

17 hours ago, silvercrown5150 said:

Is this mod compatible with Combat Gameplay Overhaul?  I can't get iFPV by itself to work, but I can with your Immersive Configuration... Sort of. When I toggle to iFPV the camera is super janky, and when I look down the camera clips through a part of my chin. 

These are the camera settings for SexLab animations. Not for CGO.

4 hours ago, burnerzeus2 said:

Seeing my nose whenever I go into IFPV which takes up a decent chunk of my screen. I'm assuming there's a config file to look for and mess around with to fit my standards?

Move camera forward (BaseOffsetY = *) or decrease nose length in the race menu.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:48 PM, applesandmayo said:

What edits should I be making to reduce Z-fighting on distant textures/mountains? Even while standing in Whiterun, I see Z-fighting on so many textures while just standing still in the IFPV view.

NearClip settings

Either you put near clip pretty low and get Z Fighting but can see everything close or you put it pretty high and have part of your own boddy cut off

I personally dont recommend anything below 9 in the Exterior default setting

10 hours ago, milankovalcik said:

From what mod is that smoking cigaretce from?

This is not a smoking mod, this is just a pose from the GSPoses mod.

17 hours ago, StrayHALO_MAN said:

I play as an Argonian and my camera is full of teeth, any way to fix it?

You will have to manually change the position of the camera. Change the position of the camera in relation to the axes(BaseOffsetY, BaseOffsetZ) or turn on clipping.