Config Immersive First Person View for SL

On 9/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, Carillon said:

Testing this morning ! Nice job but i remenber one thing ! Don't use it in combat XD ?

Oh i know what you mean xD

But i like the new realistic one, even if there are some... uuhh.. strange vision-points. Like if you use the default run witjout sprint and your vision keeps bouncing or the combat itself^^

I'm using one of the sexy idle animation (from nexus) where her head is slightly inclined to one side and you can see that in first person, your vision is inclined to the left side. On the one hand it's annoying but on the other hand it gives a more immersive feeling almost like a VR game. Well for me it's a big improvement nontheless, many thanks!

Hmm i'm getting a strange visual/sound bug if i play too long with realistic version in first person and then opening a menu like starting to craft at forge/tanning rack, opening journal and once after death alternative teleportation starting a dialogue (there are even sometimes a few flashes but they are short and nothing serious). Either the sound disappears, the screen goes black or even both but the game keeps running. Testing right now with the standard first person camera to see if there are maybe some coincidences but haven't found any for now.

4 hours ago, Undertower said:

Hmm i'm getting a strange visual/sound bug if i play too long with realistic version in first person and then opening a menu like starting to craft at forge/tanning rack, opening journal and once after death alternative teleportation starting a dialogue (there are even sometimes a few flashes but they are short and nothing serious). Either the sound disappears, the screen goes black or even both but the game keeps running. Testing right now with the standard first person camera to see if there are maybe some coincidences but haven't found any for now.

IFPV itself is very moody and buggy. So nothing surprising. In any case, if there are any technical problems, then this should be addressed to the nexus. Although it seems to me that the author has long given up on this mod.

On 9/23/2020 at 1:54 AM, numen13 said:

With your config active the remove head option does not seem to work. I constantly see my own hair while running around even in vanilla mode.

Nevermind i merged some of your normal and immersive Options and managed to build a working one by myself.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, Bosco iv said:

IFPV itself is very moody and buggy. So nothing surprising. In any case, if there are any technical problems, then this should be addressed to the nexus. Although it seems to me that the author has long given up on this mod.

When the SE version of IFPV first came out, it was, indeed, moody and buggy- so much so that I (reluctantly, wistfully) uninstalled it. However, after meh321 rebuilt it pretty much from the ground up in January of this year, then updated it in March (only 6 months ago) it has worked perfectly for me with my own custom config. I've been using it nonstop since then and have not encountered any "buggy and moody" behavior at all- it simply mimics a 1P view by changing the POV of the 3P view, and does a great job of doing it.

So I submit that the author hasn't "given up" on the mod- it's more that there isn't any further improvement he can make. "It ain't broke," so there's no need to "fix it."

6 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

So I submit that the author hasn't "given up" on the mod- it's more that there isn't any further improvement he can make.

Probably can't improve. Maybe this is his technical limit. But the LE version with the MCM menu is better, so the mod has something to strive for. No need to tell me that customizing a mod via a text document is great. Be that as it may, Meh has done its job. The rest remains with the community. So let's make the first person view great again.

I had a lot of trouble getting IFPV working until until I found a comment that was just posted by ishotamodel on nexusmods:

If you used this along with Engines fixes....

What I did was reverse the order of install given in this description. Delete binkw64.dll (altered file from this page). Rename binkw64_dll(the original file) back to binkw64.dll Doing this made a handful of mods dependent on the dll start working; menu randomizer, immersive first person camera, etc.

Apparently SSE Engine Fixes includes DLL Plugin Loader or has similar functionality and making the above change finally allowed IFPV to run. Then I was getting an exception thrown on the files in /Data/NetScriptFramework when I tried to run Skyrim which was fixed by the suggestion in the troubleshooting section of the NetScriptFramework nexusmods description:

(NotSupportedException): "An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would ...

If you get this exception on startup then go to /Data/NetScriptFramework/ and right click on all the DLLs, go to Properties and Unblock.

I was still getting the exception after unblocking the .dll files until I just went and unblocked every file in that folder one by one. Now everything runs perfectly. I'm seeing a ton of comments on multiple forums that people are having trouble getting IFPV to even load so hopefully this helps someone.

I'm having an issue when I go to use workstations the game's audio crashes. I get a loud *click* and then no more sound until I restart the game. Anyone else having this issue/can think of a possible cause? Using the immersive config if it matters, but I suspect it's related to however the mod forces the camera to remain in 1st person no matter what

6 hours ago, crosser0987 said:

Okay so i've tried both the realistic and the normal version and even the one listed by a user here and i still get A LOT of clipping on actors

There is a forced clipping. I tried to find how to disable it, but I'm afraid I will have to go into the mod files themselves. This effect itself is enabled or disabled when equipping items. If you need to force this off at the moment, draw the weapons / magic / fists and when moving forward go to IFPV. But it will be broken again when equipping items through the same SexLab. That's all I can recommend for now. As there is more time, I will try to trace the root of this forced clipping.

Anything that is worn on the head causes this effect. This list includes: helmets, wigs, and even the Havok object.

Okay so i created a new save (script issues on my previous save) and now i don't have any clipping anymore only when i look down i can see in my body through my neck but that doesn't bother me so i looked around a bit online and it seems in Skyrim SE if you install a camera mod i.e ifpv its tied to your save and if you change something about it you need to create a new save or you won't get all the changes.

EDIT: Nevermind the clipping came back weird how its there sometimes and sometimes not

On 10/5/2020 at 3:55 AM, crosser0987 said:

Okay so i created a new save (script issues on my previous save) and now i don't have any clipping anymore only when i look down i can see in my body through my neck but that doesn't bother me so i looked around a bit online and it seems in Skyrim SE if you install a camera mod i.e ifpv its tied to your save and if you change something about it you need to create a new save or you won't get all the changes.

EDIT: Nevermind the clipping came back weird how its there sometimes and sometimes not

I thought about this earlier. But it doesn't seem to make sense. The mod does not have its own scripts, which could have been written to saves. I also searched for traces of the mod through programs to clean up saves, but I could not find anything.

I really like this config, great job! But I am wondering if you have the time and capability to make one for Improved Camera? It seems IFPV is incompatible with headtracking mods, but one of the headtracking mods I've tried recommend Improved Camera instead. I've used Improved Camera before and it has worked really well, there just haven't been a config for it suitable for SL, and I've been unsuccessful in making it myself.

Either way, thanks for this config!

Very late edit for anyone who might see this: IFPV has been updated and is now compatible with headtracking mods.

People you actually need to open the config and edit it yourself.

The comments there are excellent and whatever  you dont understand you can skip.

Things to do:

HideHead = True

HideHelmet = True

NearClipExteriorDown = 0.5

NearClipInteriorDown = 0.5

NearClipInteriorDefault = 3.5 (dont change default exterior clip too low or you will get artifacts)

SeparateShadowCulling = True

ToggleHotkey = 0x61 (because default hotkey conflicts with the ui wheel (i think from uiextensions)) so we will use the poor Numpad 1

AllowLookDownAlot = False (doesnt make sense for realistic)

CameraCollisionSafety = 3 (or between 2 and 4)

BaseOffsetY = 2 (base on your taste, i don't know about you but my eyes are not in the middle of the scull)

ExtraResponsiveControls = False (slower turnrate but smoother strafing)

I read through nexus comments and people there don't even look into config and so the reputation just keeps going down.

OK i may have been to eager to preach, there are issues ill look into them while scanning the source code for errors.

Phew that was an adventure,

i managed to fix the clipping

basically the problem was hardcoded min/max angles and the interpolation of the fNearDistance between them was incorrect,

due to the never reachable lower bound and wrong lerp function. I will file a bug report.

I can't distribute the dll, but with some skill you can build it yourself, given you only need visual studio and .Net script framework

from meh321

This fix works best at 90 fov, but its ok at 100

// was hardcoded at 90 so there was no way for it to reach lower bound
// will use camera max down angle to get full range
double maxDownAngle = Math.Min(Settings.Instance.MaximumDownAngle, 90); 
if (y.Value < -maxDownAngle)
    downRatio = 1.0f;
else if (y.Value < -downAngle)
    downRatio = (float)((-(y.Value + downAngle)) / (maxDownAngle - downAngle));

float ncNormal = interior ? Settings.Instance.NearClipInteriorDefault : Settings.Instance.NearClipExteriorDefault;
float ncDown = interior ? Settings.Instance.NearClipInteriorDown : Settings.Instance.NearClipExteriorDown;

// incorrect lerp
//nc = (ncDown - ncNormal) * downRatio + ncNormal;

//      0.01     *           0.1                  2.7
nc = ncNormal - ( ncDown * (1f - downRatio) + ncNormal * downRatio);

// was clamping at 1 
nc = Math.Max(0.01f, nc);

Now another issue i want to fix is the jitter when you first look to the side and then move, im not sure what is that yet.

ah yes this one was

AlwaysForceAutoTurn = True

2 minutes ago, applesandmayo said:

In the realistic variant, I get some awful vomit vision jitter when I walk/run/sprint. I like how the view will move with my chars 3rd person head, but is there a way to shut off the head movement like that when I'm moving? Or at least dampen it?

Yes for that you can open the config file and spend a little time configuring it to your taste.