@IIIlll

Thanks, but I want that on my skins.
I had a 4xfullMod from MG and it worked but my eyes were red and green.
I deleted this mod because I had no time to take care of it.
And where I wanted to solve this problem MG was closed.
With this mod from MG I only had to change the txx. file and the folder to _mod then it worked but as I said before it did not work with my eyes.
I still have the mod from MG but not the password to unpack the RAR file.

@Kaiza108 The stripes on your face are the result of your _level_definition.txt. If you have several lights set up in the room (spot, omnilight), you have to tweak the shadow bias value for each light until the stripes go away. It's a bit fiddly but achievable. If you use VX you can change the culling options with the OptionsManager located in the Binaries folder.

By the way I corrected the hook5 skins yesterday that I have installed a long time ago. It seems that using the 4X body/face setting in the Customizer windows requires you to use the 4x textures and have a Mod_ prefix for all your texture files and pass files of course. If you set them to 1X you have to use the stock texture sizes and omit the Mod_ prefix. I think that's what hdiddy said in his hook5 skin tutorial.

Hi guys, I need help.

I was using hook 5 paid ver + VX with windows 7.  Yesterday, I format my PC and install windows 10 , install VX newer version. also I installed DirectX June 2010 SDK and .net 3.5 .

Now here is my problem after all these :  Free hook 5 working but my paid version is not working , simply when i started game from launcher i just see black screen approximately 2 - 2.5 minutes then shut down itself.

Here is my main11.fx error log ;

settings loading succeeded
adapter 0:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
adapter 1:Microsoft Basic Render Driver
requested: 1920x1057
requested Format: B8G8R8A8_UNORM
KEY check failed
create include manager fail
entering validate resources

I have no idea about "KEY check failed and create include manager fail"  So I desperately need help.

Does anyone know what causes a key to stop working?

I had the Key Check Fail issue after getting a new computer. Msg'd on Patreon. Got a new key, etc. Everything's good.

Few days later I go to start the game and my key check is failing again. I installed a few textures and such in between, but didn't change anything else.

I guess I need to get another key now? Any ideas what causes this?

12 hours ago, mordax said:

Does anyone know what causes a key to stop working?

I had the Key Check Fail issue after getting a new computer. Msg'd on Patreon. Got a new key, etc. Everything's good.

Few days later I go to start the game and my key check is failing again. I installed a few textures and such in between, but didn't change anything else.

I guess I need to get another key now? Any ideas what causes this?

Keys are tied to your hardware. I'm not sure all the criteria but likely CPU, Mobo, GPU and HDD the game is installed on. Did you change where it was installed? Don't know otherwise.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:36 PM, Titanoboa Serpentes said:

@the_w I don't use the free version of Hook5 but I think there was an updated version on pervokpetrs Patreon page. I don't know if using CustomCum2 in your pass files would change anything.

@syke As far as I know I'm using the updated one. I downloaded it again and all the files are the same size and same modify date as the one I already have. Would there be any files I can get rid of, even losing textures to make this stop?

@the_w You could try to convert the PNG into dds files using texconv.exe or a similar program. The PNGs have to be flipped vertically in a graphics program before converting them into dds files. After that replace each original PNG file with a tiny PNG file, e.g. 16x16 pixels. VX will then load the small PNG file when hitting the orgasm keys and maybe that will eliminate the stuttering. Don't forget to compress the flipped PNG files with BC7 and generate mipmaps.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:21 PM, the_w said:

@syke As far as I know I'm using the updated one. I downloaded it again and all the files are the same size and same modify date as the one I already have. Would there be any files I can get rid of, even losing textures to make this stop?

Sorry, no clue :(

• 2 months later...

Hi , I have  a question as a first time hook5 user , and yet a programmer most of my life.

I read the _HOOK5_readme.txt file- two things there are not really possible with current win10.

• user , even admin, cannot remove  the other graphic modification files such as - d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll. at least not from system32 and syswow64.
  • adding direct11 files is also something that windows cannot support anymore. I just have directX12 and I don't see how can I add another libs on top of it

as a result , if all I do is to add to binaries the d3d9.dll and main11.fx and the hoof folder, I get this failure.. 

anyone can give me a clue?

failed.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:59 AM, _aya_goldshtein_ said:

Hi , I have  a question as a first time hook5 user , and yet a programmer most of my life.

I read the _HOOK5_readme.txt file- two things there are not really possible with current win10.

• user , even admin, cannot remove  the other graphic modification files such as - d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll. at least not from system32 and syswow64.
  • adding direct11 files is also something that windows cannot support anymore. I just have directX12 and I don't see how can I add another libs on top of it

as a result , if all I do is to add to binaries the d3d9.dll and main11.fx and the hoof folder, I get this failure.. 

failed.JPG

Anyone, pretty plox? I'm having this issue as well. Although from what I read earlier maybe it's because I paid like a year ago and it's expired or something? I want to avoid paying again if possible, obviously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/27/2021 at 10:59 AM, _aya_goldshtein_ said:

failed.JPG

This one is really simple.  Look at the box, look at the binaries you listed.  This app looks for specific file names in it's main directory.  Take one of your D3d DLL files from your main system and put it there.  Now RENAME the DLL file to d3d8.dll and watch the magic happen.

Alternatively, go to the hook 5 basic download.  Extract the zip file to a folder called hook5basic or something like that.  Open your game folder, find the Binaries folder, don't open it.  Leave this window open.  Now open a new explorer  window (just open another folder), and go to your desktop, then into the Hook5folder.  There should be a folder in here called Binaries.  Notice anything? LOL.  Open this folder, then  Drag everything AS IS right onto your Binaries folder in your game folder.  If you get the stupid "what to do" for replacing existing files... ...DO IT! Replace those little turds!  Now create a folder called Mod in your game folder, add a folder to this called Activemod.  In the Activemod folder, you will make a folder called _hook5data.  That underscore is very important.  That's where the system will look for enhancements.  I suggest you make sure you have plenty of space free.  This program uses a lot of temp and cache space now, to get around it's OLD memory register problems.  It can only address up to 4gb of ram.  If this is all used for file stream pointers, no biggie.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:10 PM, nicifor said:

Does anyone know why whitepee.txx doesn't work with paid hook5? It looks yellowish.

TXX files don't work with hook5.  They are a TXX addon archive.  Put it in your Addons folder, not activemod.

This might be an adjuster for the slider that's already available in VX I haven't seen this one yet.

The sliders that control spurt are golden shower and cumshot I think....  In the body tab of the customizer.

On 2/7/2021 at 12:53 AM, trish62702 said:

Trying to migrate from 7.55 to VX, Unable to get My paid hook5 to open, key not working. Most pressing problem is when I open hook settings with the basic version I don't get the options to edit skin texure just the main page. Is there1021547320_TheKlub172_7_20212_11_37AM.png.461ad74be92c600478cc6743e81c6759.png something I'm missing?

did you just upgrade your computer?  DId you upgrade parts?  OS?   What you'll need to do is go to your email and download the hook5 file archive you were sent from there, then put in all the files over the top of all the others.  Now go to patreon, and go to the extended\unlocked post, and find the link to the important files.  There's a whole list there, all on google drive space.  Download all.  Put them where they go over the top of all others.

If you have upgraded hardware or OS, you need to get a new key.  Just use the keymaker, and send that to the main guy.  You will get back a set of files keyed for your system.  Once they are over the top of the others, you will function normally.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:21 PM, the_w said:

If you're slowing to a crawl, it's possible you're actually just running low on memory or your gfx card is.  In general, the smaller your diffuse texture, the better it will perform.  Make sure you are using a fast drive as well.  And finally (this is a personal fave), check how much free space you have on the drive the game runs from.  You need a ton for this game to run efficiently.  It uses Cache and Temp folders to speed up loading and save on memory space.

What I did when mine lagged:

I have a secondary SSD that was just emptiness of 256gb or so... ...I put a folder on that called 3dTemporary. I found a utility a long time ago that quickly creates SYMLINK tags, like a shortcut folder but it acts like the folder is really there, rather than like a shortcut which the system knows is elsewhere.  It's like mapping the folder to a drive letter to make it look like a hard drive, but rather than mapping a drive letter, we're giving it a name and placing it in another folder.  Basically, I ran the game one time, opened the customizer and then promply exited.  Afterward, I noted two folders in the main game folder, Cache and Temp.  I deleted these, and used my utility to make a SYMLINK with each of those names, both pointing to my other folder on my bare drive.  Now when I load new textures, they are relatively fast.  Even the more detailed ones.