Fusion Girl Conversions not working correctly

On a related note, as future FG versions are no longer expected to require significant changes to outfits, an effort has started here to index those which are known to be made for 1.75+:

It makes it readily apparent that there's already a lot to choose from with the very latest FG versions, but could also be a good venue for coordinating requests for creating or updating conversions of other outfits.

• 1 month later...

So um, Im kind of late to the party and just found out about this now. Was happy with 1.45 for as long as I can remember. Then today, I found out theres new versions of Fusion Girl, so decided to try it out. 

From what I've read so far, converting armor mod conversions from 1.45 to 1.61 is not too bad. But the latest FG version is now 1.80. Can someone point me to instructions on what I need to do to convert all my FG conversions to work with 1.8? (from 1.45)

3 hours ago, twistedtrebla said:

So um, Im kind of late to the party and just found out about this now. Was happy with 1.45 for as long as I can remember. Then today, I found out theres new versions of Fusion Girl, so decided to try it out. 

From what I've read so far, converting armor mod conversions from 1.45 to 1.61 is not too bad. But the latest FG version is now 1.80. Can someone point me to instructions on what I need to do to convert all my FG conversions to work with 1.8? (from 1.45)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37380?tab=files

There is guide and file to convert from cbbe to fusion girl

But looks like it is not 1.8, so dont copy weights from it

To convert from 1.45 to 1.8 you dont need conversion reference, just delete all bones from project -> load reference FG body -> copy weights and sliders.

The only problem that some weights and sliders can look bad with just copy and will require manual changes

6 hours ago, twistedtrebla said:

Also this can help you to copy weights when outfit covers neck/hands, I will update it to 1.80 soon

To convert from 1.45 to 1.8 you dont need conversion reference, just delete all bones from project -> load reference FG body -> copy weights and sliders.

The only problem that some weights and sliders can look bad with just copy and will require manual changes

So bad, that I gave up and reinstalled 1.45. I just spent several hours trying to get one mod fixed up (HN66 sirius 16), and then I looked at the rest of my outfits and gave up.

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2020 at 9:13 PM, spicydoritos said:

Even prior to 1.61, the answer to "FG vs CBBE?" was "CBBE if you care more about outfits, FG if you care more about animations".  That reasoning is now doubly true.  Shouldn't we aim for a world where the answer is "FG is equal or better across the board"?  If/when outfits catch up, I'll update FG from 1.45.  Until then, the "issues" of 1.45 are far less important to me personally than losing half my already-small pool of outfits.

I had a problem with FG 1.45 where when I'd shoot a female gunner, my game would crash. I could console KAH her and no problem. FG 1.61 fixed that, and its never been a problem since. I'm 100% FG since 1.45, just glad we progressed to where new versions of FG don't break the previous version anymore. So a FG 1.61 outfit can be bodyslid with a FG 1.8 slider preset just fine.

1 hour ago, privateer3 said:

I had a problem with FG 1.45 where when I'd shoot a female gunner, my game would crash. I could console KAH her and no problem. FG 1.61 fixed that, and its never been a problem since. I'm 100% FG since 1.45, just glad we progressed to where new versions of FG don't break the previous version anymore. So a FG 1.61 outfit can be bodyslid with a FG 1.8 slider preset just fine.

There are more than enough updated outfits and conversions to justify the switch to 1.8 now.  What finally pushed me over were the new outfits that never had a 1.45 version, like VTAW 6, Slave Heels, Living Armor, etc.