Fusion Girl Conversions not working correctly

I have a weird problem, where I am using Fusion Girl Conversions for some Outfits, but they are not being affected by the preset correctly. For example when using Devious Devices the Devices are way to big while the body seems to be CBBE body. I can already see in Bodyslide that the outfits even though they are FG conversions are only reacting correctly to CBBE presets.

I tried reinstalling some conversions and hightening their priority in MO2, but nothing worked so far.

Picture of problem:

1072458654_Screenshot(100).thumb.png.1e6925ad2414c30a927d2d025698687e.png

As you can see the Outfit is bigger than the body/the body is smaller than it should be. This doesn't happen with CBBE Presets, even though I have Fusion Girl installed and am using conversions.

Fusion girl 1.6 pretty much trashed all the existing bodyslide conversions, apart from those made for 1.6, take a look in the comments section on the nexus page for it for more information, chances are you will either have to update the conversions yourself or wait for them to be updated by the creators of those conversions.

16 minutes ago, Varithina said:

Fusion girl 1.6 pretty much trashed all the existing bodyslide conversions, apart from those made for 1.6, take a look in the comments section on the nexus page for it for more information, chances are you will either have to update the conversions yourself or wait for them to be updated by the creators of those conversions.

Oh I see thanks a bunch. That was unexpected. The mod author also isn't providing older versions on the mod page. I didn't even consider that the error could have been installing the new version of Fusion Girl. I guess nobody can provide their older version of the mod though, due to the author not giving permission I guess.

Edit: Nevermind I still have version 1.45

8 hours ago, Userofskyrim said:

Oh I see thanks a bunch. That was unexpected. The mod author also isn't providing older versions on the mod page. I didn't even consider that the error could have been installing the new version of Fusion Girl. I guess nobody can provide their older version of the mod though, due to the author not giving permission I guess.

Edit: Nevermind I still have version 1.45

To be honest I think that they shot themselves in the feet with this update, the notice that it would require all existing bodyslide conversion to be redone for the 1.6 update should have been in big bold letters in the changelog, not buried in the comments section of the forums for the mod, a lot of people would not have then updated waiting till the bodyslide conversions they used were updated to match, removing the old version as well pretty much was a dick move.

I am when I can be bothered switching back to CBBE, chances are I will not bother with fusion girl again, just because there is nothing to say that they will not do the same thing again down the line.  Chance are that half the bodyslide conversion may well never get converted to 1.6, lazman in one of his nexus posts states that he will not update his conversions as he does not have the time, though he could change his mind in the future.

3 hours ago, Varithina said:

To be honest I think that they shot themselves in the feet with this update, the notice that it would require all existing bodyslide conversion to be redone for the 1.6 update should have been in big bold letters in the changelog, not buried in the comments section of the forums for the mod, a lot of people would not have then updated waiting till the bodyslide conversions they used were updated to match, removing the old version as well pretty much was a dick move.

I am when I can be bothered switching back to CBBE, chances are I will not bother with fusion girl again, just because there is nothing to say that they will not do the same thing again down the line.  Chance are that half the bodyslide conversion may well never get converted to 1.6, lazman in one of his nexus posts states that he will not update his conversions as he does not have the time, though he could change his mind in the future.

Exactly. I switched back to CBBE and I won't touch FG again. ever. 

3 hours ago, Varithina said:

Yeah, really weird decision on their side. The update doesn't even seem to offer that much imo. It just lost a lot of progress basically and made a lot of work for other mod authors.

I find it especially odd that, if they new that would happen they didn't warn anybody and are not providing the older versions. That wouldn't take them any effort really and I can't imagine any good reasons why they didn't.

2 hours ago, Userofskyrim said:

Yeah, really weird decision on their side. The update doesn't even seem to offer that much imo. It just lost a lot of progress basically and made a lot of work for other mod authors.

I find it especially odd that, if they new that would happen they didn't warn anybody and are not providing the older versions. That wouldn't take them any effort really and I can't imagine any good reasons why they didn't.

My best guess would be to force, what they consider obsolete bodyslide files to be updated, of course this could back fire with people not updating their older fusion girl bodyslide and pretty much saying sod off, which from comments seems to be what is happening, there are not that many v1.6 fg bodyslide files around at present.

3 hours ago, Hanaxar said:

Exactly. I switched back to CBBE and I won't touch FG again. ever. 

Yup, especially considering the number of cbbe bodyslide files for armor/clothing mods, my best guess would be only around 50% even have fg bodyslide conversions, and of those how many will get updated, that we do not know, better to go back to cbbe and wait and see about fg.

To be honest the whole fiasco with the changes to the naming and such as well as their being no backward compatability seems very odd, and does make me wonder just what the fg team were on when deciding this.

lot of people really talking out their ass on what got updated and what didn't. 

1. This was announced multiple times on the ZeX discord (which if you had been following, you'd note I announce more often there as it's easier to get real time updates out to people)

2. The updates were enough to balance the worth of breaking older conversions. The UV mapping people complained about as well as a number of issues (Such as VATS targeting and seams) were fixed as of 1.61. It's not my or the ZeX Team's responsibility to maintain or keep compatibility with work, it's the authors'. Getting pressed that we updated to make improvements because older stuff isn't working anymore is gonna be met with a "oh well". There's a number of tutorials out there available that teach you to deal with your own game and mods. 

3. I have mentioned before numerous times, Very little for 1.45 needs to be updated for 1.61. The only items that need updates are items with the body attached. Clothing like Vtaw's or Jmenaru's where no body is attached doesn't need any updates to work. 

4. Have fun with those older versions. No support is given and you'll be missing out on the new BETA feature currently running. 

2 hours ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Have fun with those older versions. No support is given and you'll be missing out on the new BETA feature currently running. 

Have 1.61 FG and love it. Clothes will catch up and I will happily wait. FG is a far superior body to CBBE and thats saying quite a lot. Ill wait...

4 hours ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Getting pressed that we updated to make improvements because older stuff isn't working anymore is gonna be met with a "oh well". There's a number of tutorials out there available that teach you to deal with your own game and mods.

Respectfully, that attitude is a little disheartening.  Mods don't exist in a vacuum.  We (the end users) choose them based on a features *and* interoperability.  Since you already reduced backwards compatibility with an update once, why would I assume it won't happen again?  Why would I spend hours learning to convert outfits myself, knowing that you don't care whether I'll have to do it again in the future, instead of just switching bodies?  Not that it matters either way, I suppose; all these mods are provided for free, so my choice of body doesn't impact any given author.

Even prior to 1.61, the answer to "FG vs CBBE?" was "CBBE if you care more about outfits, FG if you care more about animations".  That reasoning is now doubly true.  Shouldn't we aim for a world where the answer is "FG is equal or better across the board"?  If/when outfits catch up, I'll update FG from 1.45.  Until then, the "issues" of 1.45 are far less important to me personally than losing half my already-small pool of outfits.

On 7/29/2020 at 9:13 PM, spicydoritos said:

Respectfully, that attitude is a little disheartening.  Mods don't exist in a vacuum.  We (the end users) choose them based on a features *and* interoperability.  Since you already reduced backwards compatibility with an update once, why would I assume it won't happen again?  Why would I spend hours learning to convert outfits myself, knowing that you don't care whether I'll have to do it again in the future, instead of just switching bodies?  Not that it matters either way, I suppose; all these mods are provided for free, so my choice of body doesn't impact any given author.

Even prior to 1.61, the answer to "FG vs CBBE?" was "CBBE if you care more about outfits, FG if you care more about animations".  That reasoning is now doubly true.  Shouldn't we aim for a world where the answer is "FG is equal or better across the board"?  If/when outfits catch up, I'll update FG from 1.45.  Until then, the "issues" of 1.45 are far less important to me personally than losing half my already-small pool of outfits.

Mods don't exist in a vaccum, yes, but you forget that I (the mod author) am not responsible for maintaining anything that I didn't make. Nor is it my responsibility to update old mods to be compatible with new features. It's unfortunate that old mods break with a update, but there's little I can do other than say "Oh well, contact the author for a fix". It is not my problem or responsibility and I don't need the permission of unrelated people to release improvements to the mods I make.  Gettin bent out of shape about me making improvements or fixes to issues because they outdate items is stupid and I will tell you to pound sand. 

It is extremely quick/easy to learn to work with updating clothing to 1.61 from 1.45 and as I noted, very few items need to be updated from 1.45 to 1.61 (just items with a body attached, and even then all it is for the most part is reloading the reference and fixing any zaps as needed). Hell, the support for people who want to learn or update their fave outfits is widely available on the ZeX Discord ... it's not 24/7 live support but it's relatively fast and helpful enough...  (I'm even planning to get back into streaming on Thursdays specifically to teach how to work with bodyslide conversions). 

Sorry you're not being coddled and spoonfed mods to what you want, but that's not my problem.

Also the next update this month won't break anything.. but you will want to update to it. The breast bounce is far improved

7 hours ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Mods don't exist in a vaccum, yes, but you forget that I (the mod author) am not responsible for maintaining anything that I didn't make. Nor is it my responsibility to update old mods to be compatible with new features. It's unfortunate that old mods break with a update, but there's little I can do other than say "Oh well, contact the author for a fix". It is not my problem or responsibility and I don't need the permission of unrelated people to release improvements to the mods I make.  Gettin bent out of shape about me making improvements or fixes to issues because they outdate items is stupid and I will tell you to pound sand. 

It is extremely quick/easy to learn to work with updating clothing to 1.61 from 1.45 and as I noted, very few items need to be updated from 1.45 to 1.61 (just items with a body attached, and even then all it is for the most part is reloading the reference and fixing any zaps as needed). Hell, the support for people who want to learn or update their fave outfits is widely available on the ZeX Discord ... it's not 24/7 live support but it's relatively fast and helpful enough...  (I'm even planning to get back into streaming on Thursdays specifically to teach how to work with bodyslide conversions). 

Sorry you're not being coddled and spoonfed mods to what you want, but that's not my problem.

Also the next update this month won't break anything.. but you will want to update to it. The breast bounce is far improved

While it is not your responsibility, is it not good form to consider the effects on modders whose work supports the popularity of your own?  I'll certainly not argue against your right to do as you like with your work, up to and including a wholesale conversion to "Giant Funbags Preset for People Who Can't Use Bodyslide #195" if the mood strikes you.  ?  I merely disagree with the relative merits of the recent version update. 

I hope all outfits catch up, I really do, and I'm glad support is available.  FG is clearly better in animations and I'm about 60/40 on animations vs outfits.  Personally, I'm not sold on reinventing the wheel, regardless of whether you consider it coddling/spoonfeeding to use other people's work,  I'd rather spend my time gaming.

5 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

I hope all outfits catch up, I really do, and I'm glad support is available.  FG is clearly better in animations and I'm about 60/40 on animations vs outfits.  Personally, I'm not sold on reinventing the wheel, regardless of whether you consider it coddling/spoonfeeding to use other people's work,  I'd rather spend my time gaming.

From reading comments on the nexus comments section for some of their mods, lazman has stated he will not be updating his fusion girl conversion to the 1.6 body, and another convertor who I was talking to on ll has also stated he will not be updating, or at least not any time soon.  There again, personally I no longer give a damn, I have switched back to cbbe, I may take another look at fg at some point, but chances are not, several people I know who run fg have also stated they are or have already switched back to cbbe.

Im kind of the opposite as most others here. The Fusion Girl body is superior to CBBE. I just cant go back. So, I am scratch building outfits. In the process, Ive found building outfits to be fun. Not for everyone I know, but once FG is stable, the outfits will come.

22 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Just grab the latest version from Nexus along with the latest zex skeleton.  Install with your mod manager and uninstall previous version.

oh sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I mean how can I convert the clothes made from earlier FG version to work for latest FG version? I'm interested in converting some clothes I ought to see but apparently nobody does them.

17 minutes ago, regularmen said:

oh sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I mean how can I convert the clothes made from earlier FG version to work for latest FG version? I'm interested in converting some clothes I ought to see but apparently nobody does them.

I think the conversion reference has been updated on nexus, that includes links to guides on how to do it, and it worked sorta ok for me, I always found the weight painting side of things a bit iffy, sometimes it would copy over other times it just kept giving out errors when saving, saying something about missing vertices or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Varithina said:

I think the conversion reference has been updated on nexus, that includes links to guides on how to do it, and it worked sorta ok for me, I always found the weight painting side of things a bit iffy, sometimes it would copy over other times it just kept giving out errors when saving, saying something about missing vertices or something like that.

ah I missed it, thanks.

was it really that complicated? I know a bit about weight painting, and there's also someone attempted to convert that new vtaw 6 wardrobe to FG but they complained about weight painting being his/her biggest pain in the ass. but I'll try to convert it anyway.

5 hours ago, regularmen said:

ah I missed it, thanks.

was it really that complicated? I know a bit about weight painting, and there's also someone attempted to convert that new vtaw 6 wardrobe to FG but they complained about weight painting being his/her biggest pain in the ass. but I'll try to convert it anyway.

From what I remember, it was pretty much do this, do that and done, which sometimes worked, sometimes not, it was never usually clear why not though, and I never really had the interest in digging deeper.

For the Latest update, I covered this in a stream [Fusion Girl 3B updates and You]. This stream also covers updating old FG to newer versions. You really don't need to paint weights unless you want a more exact or refined weighting - Copying in most cases works just fine. 

I do invite people to the ZeX Discord if they are interested in actually modding to come ask questions as I will be attempting to host tutorial streams to give a little live demo of how to work with clothing for FG. Don't expect to have your hand held and everything given to you. 

I've noted before if going from 1.45 to 1.6 and up you just need to reload the reference body with the latest and redo any bodily zaps. This excludes anything without a reference body (I've extensively tested this and noted anything without the body attached can be used with 1.61 without any troubles). Since I recovered some of the 1.45 files I have, I did upload those to the main page as needed, but they're not supported and more for modders to use to update work with. 

If you're wanting to go to 1.75 (for the 3B System) then, everything will need to have the weights copied over (But this is really optional, unless you're using a modular clothing set like Vtaw's or Jmenaru's, as you will want consistency, you can leave any non-modular clothing at 1.61 and be fine if you don't care for 3B that much). I'm working slowly between my own content and life obligations to push some FG conversions, but I can't promise I will do them all.