Slaves of Tamriel Plus Plus

Just installed and already I am having fun! No MCM, but so far I am not missing it. Happily, I have been doing plenty of saves so I can recover from missteps. A couple of comments on early play:

I have been filching ore from the chest, making myself look good by having ore early on. A bit too easy. Shouldn't the guards be keeping a count? Or can there be a chance you can get ratted out?

An extreme, fatal punishment could be available for extreme misbehavior. Hanging, perhaps? Besides having fun as a player being done to death, other prisoners could be strung up, to be replaced by a new prisoner. Just a suggestion.

1 hour ago, nux581 said:

Just installed and already I am having fun! No MCM, but so far I am not missing it. Happily, I have been doing plenty of saves so I can recover from missteps. A couple of comments on early play:

I have been filching ore from the chest, making myself look good by having ore early on. A bit too easy. Shouldn't the guards be keeping a count? Or can there be a chance you can get ratted out?

An extreme, fatal punishment could be available for extreme misbehavior. Hanging, perhaps? Besides having fun as a player being done to death, other prisoners could be strung up, to be replaced by a new prisoner. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for the kind words but they should be directed at the original authors. I just tossed in a shovel. 

I like your thoughts and ideas but there is very little realistic chance I am going to tinker with this mod (besides eventually getting around to adding the dhlc triggers). Alas, what you see is what you get unless yet another person swoops in and picks it up (which they are certainly welcome to do).

9 hours ago, nux581 said:

Is this actually related to Ravensbeak Mine, or are they coincidentally similar? Has anyone run both?

They are not related. It should be safe to run both since this mod does not connect via arrest.

I'm running into the "stuck at the door" bug, and I cannot make heads or tails of what the Papyrus logs are saying. I do have a .dmp file, but I have no clue what I'm supposed to do with those to get anything useful out of them.

I've tried saving, quick saving+quick loading, and starting over a few times, no dice.

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2020 at 8:11 AM, LatexLuger said:

I'm running into the "stuck at the door" bug, and I cannot make heads or tails of what the Papyrus logs are saying. I do have a .dmp file, but I have no clue what I'm supposed to do with those to get anything useful out of them.

I've tried saving, quick saving+quick loading, and starting over a few times, no dice.

25 minutes ago, mikoyan29 said:

I've loaded this and when I get to the part where I'm supposed to get branded, my character stops.  All I can do is look around.  I tried the latest version and that happens and then I tried the 2.0 version and that happened.  Am I not doing something right?

The thing that appears to have worked for people is to adjust where you are in relation to the NPC before the AI takes over. 

It may be related with the distance when the NPC wants to greet the player and interrupt his current action. 

It might take a few tries. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Slaves of Tamriel said:

I visited LL to download some FO4 mod and I was pleasantly surprised to find this thread. It feels good to see how there are still those who want to play my mod.

Thanks much to @jfraser for your efforts to keep it alive! And also thanks to everyone who still enjoy playing it and even improving it, despite of the messy state I left it several years ago.

SoT! Good to see you! I appreciate the kind words but most of the extra work was done by @Hæretic. I just tossed in a shovel. :)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, youlou said:

Hello, i installed this mod everything seems to work. Just, i'm in the cave were spriggans and saber tiger tried to kill me but i d'ont know were to go after. I climbed a rock were a chest was present and some kings spriggans but after what i got to do?

Turn left and leave the cave. Don't go further in. You're standing right next to the exit when you leave the mine.

I've Downloaded the mod, and I've also encountered the stuck in the door bug, meaning that when first being led into the mining area, the guard failed to open the door. I managed to fix it by opening the mod in the creation kit and changing the AI package for opening the door. The same change then had to mirrored in the package for closing the door.

Another bug I encountered was that after the shift ended, the slaves just waited indefinitely in front of the cellblock. Here the problem was that the scene, which checks for the slaves' presence first tests if the other slaves are present, with distance to marker < 100, then the player gets moved into position. The next step happens when all the slaves have 'distance < 60'. I fixed it by changing the 60 into a 100.

Once in the cells, the feeding worked well, but that was the last thing that worked. The next day at 8:00, the slaves were still in their cells. I haven't really been able to make heads or tails out of how the quest keeps track of the schedule. Anybody here know something about how it works?

37 minutes ago, Sidewasy said:

I've Downloaded the mod, and I've also encountered the stuck in the door bug, meaning that when first being led into the mining area, the guard failed to open the door. I managed to fix it by opening the mod in the creation kit and changing the AI package for opening the door. The same change then had to mirrored in the package for closing the door.

Another bug I encountered was that after the shift ended, the slaves just waited indefinitely in front of the cellblock. Here the problem was that the scene, which checks for the slaves' presence first tests if the other slaves are present, with distance to marker < 100, then the player gets moved into position. The next step happens when all the slaves have 'distance < 60'. I fixed it by changing the 60 into a 100.

Once in the cells, the feeding worked well, but that was the last thing that worked. The next day at 8:00, the slaves were still in their cells. I haven't really been able to make heads or tails out of how the quest keeps track of the schedule. Anybody here know something about how it works?

What did you do to the door AI? I can try to do the same. Thanks for the specific fixes. :)

I'm not sure about the second part either, alas.

The door opening packages try to simultaneously ('simultaneous') 'sit' in an XMarker, and to 'wait'. According to Creation Kit wiki, using 'wait' with 'simultaneous' results in the character doing something for the time specified in 'wait'. But for some reason, that didn't work. Maybe you can't sit in a marker. Find included a screenshot of how the close door package looks like for me now:

Spoiler

2021-01-01-22-56-09.png.ebb4e12dc97e6bf1ea84a983d83c8089.png

As far as I know, it should be possible to leave out the 'sequence' and put the 'activate' by itself.

AHhahah the mod seems incredibly cool, i've manage to arrive at the "city", slavecamp or whatever it is called and it's beautifully designed. BUT. i don't udnerstand. i saw there are a lot of scripts going on, guards patrolling, people whipping you if you don't work, i have nothing like those. All guards stand still whatching around, i have the quest to mine 20 ores and there're only 11/12 ore veins inthe mine which are not resetting even after sleeping 2-3 days.. I've been walking around the city with no prob, i've stolend an axe in front of the master with no prob (" he saidm hey, someone had to take it". Don't understand what's the problem

2 hours ago, uba_409 said:

AHhahah the mod seems incredibly cool, i've manage to arrive at the "city", slavecamp or whatever it is called and it's beautifully designed. BUT. i don't udnerstand. i saw there are a lot of scripts going on, guards patrolling, people whipping you if you don't work, i have nothing like those. All guards stand still whatching around, i have the quest to mine 20 ores and there're only 11/12 ore veins inthe mine which are not resetting even after sleeping 2-3 days.. I've been walking around the city with no prob, i've stolend an axe in front of the master with no prob (" he saidm hey, someone had to take it". Don't understand what's the problem

2 hours ago, jc321 said:

Have you got the MCM where you can manually start the game. Sounds like you might have entered the place without starting the quest?

I don't think that's this mod. Sounds like the Captured Dreams mine.

Edit: although I wouldn't call that a city. I have no idea. Maybe Ravensbeak Prison?

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, RetainKebab said:

I can't get past the door to the mine. The guard that's supposed to open the door just faces the door and does nothing while my character is stuck. I've tried saving and loading.

The thing that appears to have worked for people is to adjust where you are in relation to the NPC before the AI takes over. 

It may be related with the distance when the NPC wants to greet the player and interrupt his current action. 

It might take a few tries. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went looking for this thread in "Downloads - Skyrim Adult & Sex Mods", couldn't find it.  Funny that its in the Sexlab forum when there's no sex in it.  ;)   Anyway...

Got sent to the mines from Simple Slavery++, first time in a while.  Everything pretty much worked, though the quest didn't end for me when I escaped.  I also forgot that my items were in the Admin building, instead I snuck back into the mine (the entrance puts you on the wrong side of the door inside btw, had to clip through the wall to get into the mine) and took my stuff from the box after pickpocketing the guard with the key.  And I had to use setownership on the box so that all my stuff wasn't marked as stolen.   Then after leaving I manually setstaged to 130 to end the quest.  

So, perhaps because I didn't end it properly, I had to change my name back manually (using Sexlab Adventures), but also I seem to have caught a cold... my character is still occasionally coughing like all the prisoners in the mine do.  How do I make that stop?  

Edit:  And the little bit of "realistic needs" is still going on which is mightily annoying.  

On 2/9/2021 at 4:14 AM, RetainKebab said:

I can't get past the door to the mine. The guard that's supposed to open the door just faces the door and does nothing while my character is stuck. I've tried saving and loading.

Use console command, resurrect, on guard or  your  personage

1 hour ago, Moacir Jr said:

I trying to do this mod wkr, but i have a bug. After the guard put the "gag" and the chsins  in my char, all stop, i cant move, and nothing happens... is my char in the middle, one guard back, and one guard in front me... and nothing happens.

That happened back on the old version. Are you sure you have this one installed?