Persona 4 Golden (Mod Request)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone is working on or planning to work on adding new events, but is it possible to create new scenes with modding tools we have available (I know this was asked earlier, but I don't know if that changed)? I've never modded any of the persona games, so "bear" with me.

If we can't currently add new scenes, would it be possible to take an existing scene (let's take Chie's rank 10 lover route event as an example) and heavily modify the dialogue and choices using a series flags, variables and if/elseif/then statements? So let's say someone makes a script that will trigger the rank 10 social link event to play (probably by adding a choice when talking to Chie in the overworld), but it also sets a flag before the scene starts. Because of that flag, all of the dialogue, choices, character models, and bustups are different from the original scene but we haven't technically made any new scenes by doing this.

If this method would work, it would be a fairly round-a-bout way of doing it, and as such would make the code messier the more you add to one particular event.

I haven't played extensively with the mod, but I can see that there's some inconsistency with the bustups. I've only tested Chie for right now, but im event E165_002, she is regular for nearly the entire thing, then out of nowhere has her breasts exposed near the end of the scene. Like I said, I haven't tested much, but it would be great if this could be investigated some more.

On 1/5/2021 at 1:15 PM, failmuseum said:

is it possible to create new scenes with modding tools we have available

Yeah, somewhat. I would advise you look into flowscripting. Although I hate to bring it up, if you look at the gay Yosuke mod, you can see that they just edit pre-existing events to be more...gay. Although it's hard to make new animations for the game, I think that "implied sex" would be the best route to go, kinda like the GTA:SA hot coffee thing (before modders actually unlocked it).

13 hours ago, metokyun said:

I haven't played extensively with the mod, but I can see that there's some inconsistency with the bustups. I've only tested Chie for right now, but im event E165_002, she is regular for nearly the entire thing, then out of nowhere has her breasts exposed near the end of the scene. Like I said, I haven't tested much, but it would be great if this could be investigated some more.

Yeah, somewhat. I would advise you look into flowscripting. Although I hate to bring it up, if you look at the gay Yosuke mod, you can see that they just edit pre-existing events to be more...gay. Although it's hard to make new animations for the game, I think that "implied sex" would be the best route to go, kinda like the GTA:SA hot coffee thing (before modders actually unlocked it).

it's because whoever did the chie mod didn't make one for all the bustups so that's why the costumes do that sometimes. Not really sure how to edit text like they did with the yoskue mod but if you look into that then we could probably put something together 

1 hour ago, yahirasucks said:

Not really sure how to edit text like they did with the yoskue mod but if you look into that then we could probably put something together 

It's actually really quite easy. Most event text is stored in PM1 files, which are very easily editable. All you need is the program PM1MessageScriptEditor. It's a command line application, but very easy to use. To decompile PM1 to MSG (basically a plaintext file that's easily editable), right click in the directory of PM1MessageScriptEditor and open a PowerShell window. Then, you want to type 

./PM1MessageScriptEditor [/path/to/pm1file.pm1] p4

and find the output .MSG file in the same directory as the PM1 file. MSG, like I said, is just plaintext that defines who's talking, the bustup to call, etc. When you're done editing that msg, just type

./PM1MessageScriptEditor [path/to/msgfile.msg] p4

and the MSG is injected back into the PM1 file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if anyone has mention it already but you can probably replace the happy expressions with the shadows lewd expression just replace the yellow eyes with their natural eye color or make the shadows replace the originals and change their dialogue with that of them being super flirty all the time with their lewd expressions just a suggestion and idea no biggie.  

• 2 weeks later...

so I have been having an issue with the mod on my end but whenever I start it up and reloaded is going through the files it says. Assertion failed Couldn't fit all the environmental variables in allotted space then just plays the original game. I cant get the mod to work same with ameulus it will go through reloaded and say the same thing. I don't know if I maybe messed up somewhere when setting up my reloaded, ameulus, and mods but I can't think of anything else. Also is there a definitive mod folder with all the assets like just purely the mod in a singular folder for ease of access cause it would be appreciated if so. But if anyone does have an answer for this please let me know as I'm starting to get a headache from all of it.