13 hours ago, Crota said:

I am trying to find Harshnil after saving him from the fort. He said he was going back to Riften for a bit and you could visit him at his cabin to the west. I checked around the Inn but couldn't find him and the directions for the cabin are very general, could someone tell me where the cabin is?

Hes only weekends in Riften and otherwise AFKin east* not west of Riften, sry. I always confuse north & south in Skyrim for some reason

Here (and sorry about the godrays, had to be in my HQ before 9 AM to test smth)

Spoiler

ScreenShot110.png.b6c7f7a6176ee8ad635f6e13877c1283.pngScreenShot111.png.d4319f8dab2dfe503d70a927fc925c17.png

There isnt a reason to go there as of now though, Harshnils Story ends when you rescue him in B4, Ill expand that a bit with each Update

Edited by Scrab

I've played with this mod a bit, and I like it a lot so far! The Pet Collar part of the mod especially interested me because I thought it's a mod that has a lot of potential, but haven't found a good way to integrate it in gameplay. While testing this part of the mod though, I encountered some bugs.

First, when Pet collar is supposed to be removed, it does not. The joyful follower will treat you as if the collar is not around your neck anymore, but it still is. Looking through the script, I found that in TIJFDD__PetCollarClose.psc on line 9 you try to close the Shut Up quest instead of the Pet Collar quest. I've tried to correct it myself, but the compiler gives me error because of slamainscr.psc and zadBoundCombatScript.psc. I can compile other scripts of this mod just fine, but this one and some others I can't. So if someone could help me up find the issue or compile the script for me that would be awesome.

Second, when the follower forcegreets the player after the time in the pet collar is over to ask if he/she wants him/her to remove it, the player cannot answer anything. Looking through the CK I found that the forcegreet dialogue doesn't have a link to the answer branches.

Also some suggestions, looking in the scripts, I found that once the pet collar quest is started, the Pet Collar mod MCM settings gets changed to 1 of 3 service modes: public service, joyful follower only or no one. It would be cool if there could be some more immersive way through dialogue so the player knows without having to find out by looking in the MCM menu. Maybe the follower could forcegreet the player after the collar has been equiped to explain in more details how the collar works and who the player has to service during his/her sentence. player could have different reaction that would affect how the follower views the player and maybe a way to beg the follower to change who the player has to service while the collar is equiped and once again affect how the follower views the player even more. Another thing that would be cool is if the follower asks the player to undress (if not already naked or following the pet collar armor type setting) before equiping the collar. If player refuses or asks why, gets zapped, if player agrees, doesn't get zapped. And then, like I said, follower explains how the collar works. The dialogue to initiate the punishement could also changed if the player has done the pet collar punishement quest before.

I enjoy this mod quite a lot so far and have have more things to discover (and probably more bugs to find ?). The mod has its issues, but it's still in beta so it is understandable. I like the concept and I think it has a lot of potential.

EDIT: For the forcegreet dialogue branch bug, adding the PetCollar_MainFG1 and PetCollar_MainFG2 dialogue branches to PetCollar_MainFG in the CK somehow broke the Pet Collar punishement. ? The Pet Collar cannot start up or if it's already running it just breaks.

Edited by Antaufein
  • 2 weeks later...

Just curious about what this mod considers progression and playing the game to allow new content to become available. Is that main story? Side quests? Exploring and completing dungeons/hideouts? Or even just discovering new places?

3 minutes ago, Crota said:

Just curious about what this mod considers progression and playing the game to allow new content to become available. Is that main story? Side quests? Exploring and completing dungeons/hideouts? Or even just discovering new places?

All of the above

JF has an internal main progression system which goes up when spending time with your JF (this includes both regular inGame time and Events) and goes down when you bully them

This is the main progression system most of the content is scaled on

That aside, Events also use the main game as reference. Some Events in JF are/will be locked behind specific Quests that have to be completed first. Below the College for example requires a specific progress in the mageguild questline before it can trigger

Other events will require other vanilla quests to be completed and its pretty much anything goes there. I want to do Events that can just fire when you get somewhere the first time too

On 6/14/2021 at 2:46 AM, Antaufein said:

Maybe the follower could forcegreet the player after the collar has been equiped to explain in more details how the collar works and who the player has to service during his/her sentence.

I was doing this originally but removed it later as I felt it would overcomplicating the event :< 

Edited by Scrab
3 hours ago, Scrab said:

I was doing this originally but removed it later as I felt it would overcomplicating the event :<

Yea, I have a few ideas, but when I tried to fix something that I thought was simple everything broke for some reason and I can't compile some of the scripts so... I'd be willing to rework some stuff if you want, but I need to be able to compile scripts first. Just have to figure out what scripts I'm missing.

Also another idea I had: having consensual sex with the follower could add affection. Probably add a cooldown, so it doesn't get abused to get affection very fast.

On 6/25/2021 at 12:34 AM, Antaufein said:

Yea, I have a few ideas, but when I tried to fix something that I thought was simple everything broke for some reason and I can't compile some of the scripts so... I'd be willing to rework some stuff if you want, but I need to be able to compile scripts first. Just have to figure out what scripts I'm missing.

It would be easier to tell me what errors you have

My import file (the thing that lists all the sources I need to compile my projects) includes all sources for all projects, including stuff like DD or UIExtension, SLUTS etc which I most certainly am not using in this Project

From the top of my head (this color looks nice kek didnt know that works)
From the top of my head you need SkyUI SDK, SexLab, SL Aroused, FNIS, all 3 Follower Frames and PapyrusUtil.. and maybe RaceMenu and XP32. Some of this is stored isolated in a few Scripts that arent referenced anywhere else in the Project (e.g. the Follower Frames) but it depends on what you want to edit

On 6/25/2021 at 12:34 AM, Antaufein said:

Probably add a cooldown, so it doesn't get abused to get affection very fast.

That cooldown is why its not there. I dont wanna make it a plain "do it once every 12h to gain affection" kinda thing. The cooldown should be its own dynamic system that defines if the Follower is actually in the mood for it (I do like overcomplicating things as look as it doesnt harm the User Experience - and improves it instead)

Edited by Scrab
7 hours ago, Scrab said:

It would be easier to tell me what errors you have

My import file (the thing that lists all the sources I need to compile my projects) includes all sources for all projects, including stuff like DD or UIExtension, SLUTS etc which I most certainly am not using in this Project

From the top of my head (this color looks nice kek didnt know that works)
From the top of my head you need SkyUI SDK, SexLab, SL Aroused, FNIS, all 3 Follower Frames and PapyrusUtil.. and maybe RaceMenu and XP32. Some of this is stored isolated in a few Scripts that arent referenced anywhere else in the Project (e.g. the Follower Frames) but it depends on what you want to edit

The errors I have now are all related to the script zadBoundCombatScript.psc which is from DD. I am using DD v5.1. You can find a screenshot of the errors I get below and ignore the first two (sslThreadController.psc and SexLabFramework.psc) as they are related to SexLab not liking when the system date format is not english US and is easily fixable by temporarily changing it. I just did not change it before compiling.

papyrus_errors.jpg.c5da0fb7fc3d5a5ae76c5d40df08fe48.jpg

7 hours ago, Scrab said:

That cooldown is why its not there. I dont wanna make it a plain "do it once every 12h to gain affection" kinda thing. The cooldown should be its own dynamic system that defines if the Follower is actually in the mood for it (I do like overcomplicating things as look as it doesnt harm the User Experience - and improves it instead)

Yea you're right. I did not think of it that way. Another way to do it would be to put an SL Aroused threshold at which the follower is in the mood, but even then it could be abusable.

34 minutes ago, Antaufein said:

The errors I have now are all related to the script zadBoundCombatScript.psc which is from DD

The fnis Errors are from FNIS (yes, actually), everything else not sure. Might be resolved once you have it. Make sure that your sources are in the right folder

40 minutes ago, Antaufein said:

Another way to do it would be to put an SL Aroused threshold at which the follower is in the mood, but even then it could be abusable.

Yep.

Maybe I do something like a quick mini event that has the Follower approach you while youre alone or in a Player Home or so, like when youre naked and if it happens too often I lock the Event out but that would conflict with nudity mods and mods that normalize nudity too much, and there are quite a lot of them. Might be overthinking, dunno

46 minutes ago, Scrab said:

The fnis Errors are from FNIS (yes, actually), everything else not sure. Might be resolved once you have it. Make sure that your sources are in the right folder

I've done some research and found the culprit. I was missing FNIS Sexy Move ? I have been able to compile the script successfully now! ?

49 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Yep.

Maybe I do something like a quick mini event that has the Follower approach you while youre alone or in a Player Home or so, like when youre naked and if it happens too often I lock the Event out but that would conflict with nudity mods and mods that normalize nudity too much, and there are quite a lot of them. Might be overthinking, dunno

Well, there are a shit ton of skyrim mods out there which means it's sure some of them can conflict with the idea of the mod in some. I'd say just mod considering the user has the minimum requirements to use the mod. If the user has mods that can conflict, that is his/her problem. Yes it is good to take into consideration popular mods that people could use, but you can always add stuff later on. Don't overthink, just do it!

tenor.gif

Just my thoughts ?

So I compiled my modified version of TIJFDD__PetCollarClose.psc to change it so it properly close the pet collar event rather than the shut up event, but the event is now broken and cannot be started ? I change one line of code in one script and the whole event just doesn't work anymore? ? There is probably something I don't know happening behind the scene, but it seems that modifying anything in this mod is like walking on egg shells lol

I've tried to activate the challenges when entering a dwarven or nordic ruin a couple of times but it still hasn't occurred. I set the base chance to 100 and still nothing. I saw it mentioned somewhere that you could ask for a challenge when first entering the dungeon, which I assume is the "I'm bored" dialogue option and ask if the follower has any ideas, but they just say they don't have anything in mind.

Any idea what is going wrong here?

26 minutes ago, Crota said:

Any idea what is going wrong here?

The Challenge Chance is multiplied by your base chance in General. So you need both at 100%

I still have to split that, the current Event Frame isnt fully completed

8 hours ago, Antaufein said:

it seems that modifying anything in this mod is like walking on egg shells lol

it never intended it to be that complicated qwq

What are you trying to change exactly and why?

9 hours ago, Scrab said:

The Challenge Chance is multiplied by your base chance in General. So you need both at 100%

I still have to split that, the current Event Frame isnt fully completed

I figured it out, I was at the wrong affection level still. oops lol.

12 hours ago, Scrab said:

Well, like I said, the pet collar is not unequipped from the player after the event is over. I think that is because in TIJFDD__PetCollarClose.psc, Core.ShutUp(false) is used instead of Core.PetCollar(false, PlayerRef). So I changed the script from this:

;BEGIN FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the end comment
;NEXT FRAGMENT INDEX 1
Scriptname TIJFDD__PetCollarClose Extends TopicInfo Hidden

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE
Core.ShutUp(false)
Gaming.CloseQuest()
Core.GainAffection(silent = true)
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment

JFDDCore Property Core Auto

JFPunishmentGames Property gaming  Auto

To this (I added some notifications for debugging):

;BEGIN FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the end comment
;NEXT FRAGMENT INDEX 1
Scriptname TIJFDD__PetCollarClose Extends TopicInfo Hidden

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE
Debug.Notification("Attempting to remove pet collar...")
Core.PetCollar(false, PlayerRef)
Gaming.CloseQuest()
Core.GainAffection(silent = true)
Debug.Notification("Pet collar removed?")
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment

JFDDCore Property Core Auto

JFPunishmentGames Property gaming  Auto

Actor Property PlayerRef  Auto

If I just overwrite the script with mine, the event just ends how it used to. The collar is not unequipped and I get no notifications, but the event seems to have ended normally. It's when I tried to change stuff in the CK that I managed to break the event, though it might be more related to my limited knowledge in the CK for now. I'll have to do some more investigation on that part.

So when talking to my follower, I do not have the option to say "It's time for us to part ways", it's just not on the menu. I have her waiting in the middle of white run and am hoping for her to get sick of waiting and leave. Is this maybe an issue with Devious Bandit Captives?

• 2 weeks later...

Soo, my follower is seemingly pretty pissed at me and the JF mcm is set to "Locked out active?" "Yes".

I guess because of me being careless with Fireball and its explosion.

Can you explain the locked out status to me? I never got a dialog explaining anything. Not even the general on hit event which makes me wonder if it ain't some other mod thats the culprit.

My follower just tried to forcegreet with "Hey.. uh" but there was no follow up to that.

Edit: It seems to persist between different followers. By purposly attacking my follower until he would send the "hey.. uh" forcegreet i got further along in the dialog. He was super pissed and removed himself as my follower. But now a new one works fine until i ask the "do you think we'll get along" question - after that im locked out again and the follwer doesn't want to talk to me.

Edit 2: Ignore me, am idiot. Was on Beta 3 version

Edited by Guest
On 1/12/2021 at 8:19 PM, Scrab said:

I dont mod for myself, so what I enjoy is of very little meaning here, as long as it doesnt go against any principles. This change is pretty big and I can see this gutting the userbase of this mod by a large amount so I prefer to not make this decision all by myself

Time investment & technical issues is something Im less worried about. I saw very promising results with synthesizers before. It sure is something new that comes with a lot of questions but I see potential in it

Localization though might indeed be a problem

Yes, thats what I want people to consider the most in this Poll

There are many different kinds of "joyful" and I currently try to grasp them all at once, so that no matter what Follower with what backstory youre using, this mod wont feel off. This allows the mod to be used as a frame but also means that I cant use some Event ideas, e.g.:

Imagine you come across a cave on your travels and visit that one. The cave is but a single lonely cell where 1 person is chained in. Your Follower knows about this person and offers you a deal, to unlock the cell....

An Event like this wont ever make it into the current JF because..

- Your Follower will need a backstory in Skyrim for this, which I cant do since your Follower might already come with their own backstory

- Your Follower has enough influence or power to chain someone up in a lonely cave, which again might contradict some backstories 

- Your Follower is definitely not innocent, has a certain sadistique and cruel traits in some way, that allow them to get someone into that position in frist place

No matter what the outcome of this poll is, you will lose out on something, whichs why I dont wanna make this decision myself

I appreciate that you are consulting the users of the mod!  For myself, I would rather see the mod continue as is, and get further developed.  If you changed this to a follower mod, I probably wouldn't use it, because my followers are generally males and you intend to make a female follower.  I'm happy to use the mod with a vanilla or custom follower that I consider a good match to the mod.  Currently I am using Lorion from RDO - male altmer, gets aggressive in combat, arrogant and rather snarky  - I consider him a good fit for your mod.  Later I might try Marcurio, the mage from the Bee and Barb in Riften.  I personally don't use my follower as a pack mule, since my carry weight mod only applies to the PC, but I'm sure there are other behaviors, such as constant looting, that might irritate a follower (Marcurio has dialogue for this!). Can't blame the follower for seeking a little petty revenge, can we?

On 6/9/2020 at 8:42 AM, steve962 said:

I started up a new character with this to see what was here, as it sounds a lot closer to what I wanted to see... but aside from a new dialogue item which allows me to ask them about the keys they've found (never seems to find any, BTW...), and to release a device, I'm not sure what's in here yet.

What I've found disappointing about the various "slave" mods, or DCL's dominant followers, and Devious Followers, is they all seem to want to punish the *player* as it's primary goal.   I found their punishment mechanisms, things like requiring money, or finding food for the master, or putting them into such tight hobble dresses that it takes an hour to walk across the road, to be often harse, fairly boring, and unrewarding.   DCL's Sasha in dominant mode is a bit better in that she does her worst things when the player is in a safe area, but it's still possible to get in bad situations with her which are more punishing than entertaining.   Devious Helpers is possibly overreach in the opposite direction - followers are often helpful on the road (not always), and might decide to tie your character up at home... but then they don't take advantage of your helplessness and do anything to you after they've tied you up.

What I've been looking for is something where a follower understands that being Dominant towards a character means they have to take care of that character, not just punish them.  That's far more realistic and immersive - I've been in the active kink scene for decades and I'd find any of the so-called "Dominants" I've seen in these mods to be really dangerously horrible dominants in real life.   I considered writing a more "playful" dominant follower mod, but while scripting system makes sense, the rest of the Creation Kit - the things I seem to need to change to make a follower with personality, seems heavily arcane to me and impossible to debug.

My idea would have been that your followers become more playfully dominant the more you voluntarily let them - maybe first getting the taste if you let them have sex with you while you're bound.   That would lead to them asking to tie you up and play with you when you're in safe areas (like home), and then they might stop asking and just do it when you're not expecting them to - anything from a quick grab, tie, and sex scene with immediate release after, to a long bondage serial gang bang with all your followers and their friends.  Depending on settings they might start using you whenever you are bound from another source, and then might start binding you and triggering long, involved sex quests for you to get free, or even doing more evil things like prostituting you to random people in town whenever you're bound, or locking you in chastity until you've accomplished a goal for them.  But even at their worst, they'd still look out for you:   Dragon or nasty creature attacking? They'll free you enough (if possible) for you to fight, but you'll owe them one (or several) when you get home.   They wouldn't be very likely to tie you up at random in a dungeon, because that could put you in serious danger, but might consider it in a town.   They might tie you up in the middle of the wilderness, but ask them nicely (maybe after they've used you for their pleasure a few times) and they'd probably let you go, again with promises to continue in a safer environment.

I mostly write that up in the hopes that maybe it might trigger some ideas of your own -- I'm not suggesting your mod go this way, but I'm hoping maybe to get across the single concept that the followers shouldn't be out to screw the PC (except in the physical sense... :D ) but instead want to use the PC as their play toy when they can, and want to make sure the PC is okay when they can't.  We don't break our play toys... because then we can't play with them anymore. 

I really appreciate your explanation of how dom/sub is meant to work, and why it should be playful.  That's actually the type of follower system I've been looking for.  I've tried the devious mods, and helpers was the closest, but there wasn't much sexual interaction, mostly just tying up the PC.  Now I use Zaz mods instead of DD as being more stable. Imagine the follower asking the PC to wear a skimpy outfit to please him, and next daring the PC to walk through town in that outfit (causing lots of comments and reactions from npcs), and after, in the player home, the follower takes it a bit further by wanting the PC to wear a light bondage item during sex.   That's stage 1 of their relationship, using the existing affection system, and when affection reaches stage 2 there could be a new scenario that goes a bit further, etc.  Each stage of affection could have a little scenario added that highlights the progression of the dom/sub relationship.  The PC agreeing to the follower's request and playing along adds to affection. There would still be the other events already in the mod,  but the current follower interaction mechanism feels rather limited and shallow to me and needs expanding.

Hey,

I love the idea of the mod, but unfortunatley there are a few issues that made me uninstall it.

First off: my follower added the gag to me after playing the gemstone guessing game. I couldn't figure out how to remove the device. One issue here for me is that there was NO indication that the follower was going to tie me up in bondage when I started talking to him. It felt like a HUGE jump in tone of the mod, since it basicly went from 0 to 100 in a single step. I just recruited that random Orc I found in a Stronghold and now he puts me in bondage. WTF?

The gag is a VERY severe punsihment, since it locks you out of a lot of the game while you're wearing it. Not being able to talk to somebody else is a HUGE problem. Other mods that add gags usually still allowed you to talk to others, but this here doesn't allow you to do ANY interaction with ANY NPC until you can take the gag off. This is completely game breaking for me, as it means I just have to stand around and wait until I am allowed to talk again... Having an option to ask your follower to remove your gag for a duration, and in return increase the remaining gag-time would be an ok solution for that issue.

Having an option to see how long you are still being forced to wear the gag would also be a nice change. Just showing it in the MCM would be great. aswell as having a debug toggle that resets the time to 0.

I just kept the game open and went afk for an hour or two, yet I still weren't allowed to take of the gag. I also tried waiting for a week, yet still could not take it off and had no clue how long the remaining gag time was. it's well possible that there is a mod conflict somewhere, but it's also well possible that this works as designed, since I did try to talk to people a bunch before I noticed the toggle in the MCM that said trying to talk to people would increse the remaining time in the gag.

My second issue is related to the "tired" debuff

I've seen that a few months ago people already mentioned that the debuff would not go away with sleeping, I had the same issue. I did as was suggested and waited after having slept. Unfortunatley, it only solved half the issue, since I had 2 sets of these debuffs active on my character at once, one of them wouldn't clear no matter what I tried.

Having an option to toggle these debuffs would be quite nice too. I am playing with other mods that add debuffs to speech or debuffs due to tiredness, having all these debuffs at once is quite punishing, being able to turn them off would make it easier to integrate the mod with other mods.

1 hour ago, StillNobody2 said:

since it basicly went from 0 to 100 in a single step.

Shut Up should only be available at Affection Stage 3 or higher, was that not the case? At least thats how I wrote it d own on the front page

That Event is fairly punishing but it should take a while to get there and yes, the game is fairly severe. The difference between other mods that use gags and this here though is that this one isnt forcing you to wear a gag for eternity but only for 12 hours (technically), not sure what went wrong in your case. Maybe adding soem sort of emergency exit there would be interesting.. just in case but lost is lost there

Your follower does warn you that guessing wrong will be punished though and Im not a big fan of "Oh you guessed wrong, so hurry up undress yourself and gimme a quicky" kinda designs, aye aye

1 hour ago, StillNobody2 said:

a few months ago people already mentioned that the debuff would not go away with sleeping, I had the same issue. I did as was suggested and waited after having slept

That issue was already fixed, looks like the polling in your game bugged out for some reason. Might be a bad sign for something bigger.. or Skyrim just randomly bugging out cause why not

Ill add an option to disable the tired debuff

================================================================================================

As for JF in general right now, currently lacking some clear vision on what I wanna do here. I have this picture in my head with the player together with the follower walking past a cave with some rape victim laying in front of the cave entrance and the follower grabbing the players arm pointing at the cave like "Lets go in there! Gonna be fun!" but my mind beyond that is just blank

This picture is basically where I want to go with the mod, creating a Follower that isnt just a robot but feels self aware in a way, not running after you asking for money or putting fetish restraints on you but actually trying to accompany you on your journey and making own suggestions on fun stuff that you could do; I know where I want to go but my mind goes blank when asking what my next step to this goal would be

Harshnil has the same issue, I know how the finale with Harshnil will look like but Im not entirely sure what the next step for that would be

I know there are some suggestions on previous pages about expanding on the Drinking Dialogue, I do have some content left in my backhand for Bellow the College, I also do have some cute quest line in my head thats about trolling Elisif trying to build out her character a bit but Im lacking a clear thought on how I wanna do that rn

...aaaand thats why the mod isnt being updated right now. Yay, or not

20 hours ago, StillNobody2 said:

I just kept the game open and went afk for an hour or two, yet I still weren't allowed to take of the gag. I also tried waiting for a week, yet still could not take it off and had no clue how long the remaining gag time was.

Like @Scrab said, The Shut Up event lasts 12 hours by default. Waiting that time through the wait menu does not decrease the time, but increasing the timescale and waiting a little, in real life, does.

18 hours ago, Scrab said:

Shut Up should only be available at Affection Stage 3 or higher

I've had events like Pet Collar and Shut Up available at affection 2 (don't know if they are available sooner though)

18 hours ago, Scrab said:

Harshnil has the same issue, I know how the finale with Harshnil will look like but Im not entirely sure what the next step for that would be

Speaking of that guy, I never got to do his quest. I have walked into the Bee and Barb a couple of times, but still nothing happens.

I had reached limit of animation variations. After instaling mod FNIS gives 2011 error. Is it be good to use this mod without animations (just delete folder from arhive) ?

8 hours ago, crococat said:

I had reached limit of animation variations. After instaling mod FNIS gives 2011 error. Is it be good to use this mod without animations (just delete folder from arhive) ?

If the 12 aniation files in JF are causing you issues I recommend you looking someplace else to reduce your animation count

That aside, the animations here are used for misc content so it shouldnt break your game when missing. Just dont come over here to me complaining that things dont work or smth