Just read the features of your mod.  It looks to be really good ?.  Seems to have a lot in common with the discontinued mod

I was wondering if this mod had your character or npcs perform embarrassed animations when they are considered naked "chest piece is empty" or have been naked every few seconds?  If not having those would really put icing on the cake for this great mod ?

Edited by SkyTem
  • 2 months later...
On 4/15/2022 at 5:30 PM, Moschruum said:

the pet collar is not rendering on me, not forcing me to crawl, and follower refuses to remove it after multiple ingame days

I had the same issues with crawling and item removal, even with cool-downs set to minimum it took about a week to get out of bondage items.

So I have a bug that's pretty save-destroying: The heartbeat effect from the wakefulness mechanic won't stop. I've tried everything, including save cleaning and uninstalling the mod. It's even effecting saves from before the mod was present somehow.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:58 PM, starmann said:

So I have a bug that's pretty save-destroying: The heartbeat effect from the wakefulness mechanic won't stop. I've tried everything, including save cleaning and uninstalling the mod. It's even effecting saves from before the mod was present somehow.

There is no such effect in JF

Joyful Followers Beta 5

• This will require a clean save
  • It is incompatible with Deviously Joyful

Design

The primary motivation behind Beta5 is not new content. In fact, considering DJf is incompatible with it theres actually less content than before. The thing that Beta5 does is completely redoing and modernizing the groundwork of JF

This mod is, by all means, scope creeped. As with most plebs getting into something new you underestimate the amount of work that goes into things and on top of that, I just really dont enjoy working JF as much as I do on lets say SLUTS or Y. Kudasai or even Alt Perspective. Nevertheless I dont want this mod to just 'die' so I did a few things in this version:

1. I modernized its design. This means that I removed things that I felt didnt really bring anything to the table other than feature creeping the mod and I cleaned up the MCM and Dialogue, trying to only give you options that actually do something and are easy to understand
  2. Enforcing design. This is primarily reflected in a lot fo Events no longer being able to be disabled, I want the follower to be able to do some thing that you potentially dont know about preemptively but if I put everything into the MCM.. well that jus kinda defeats the purpose, doesnt it?
  3. Simplify the design. Dialogue is shorter and less forced without harming branching too much, thee overall design and follower interaction should be more straight forward there is less room for twised interpretation of words which looking back made the mod rather unpredictable and potentially "unfair"
  4. Accepting that I wont be the one finishing this mod. This is not to say that I abandon it but that filling this mod up with all the content it needs to feel complete is not something I can do on my own, especially with all the other projects Im working on simultaneously. I want to at least offer and support the option for others to further expand on this project without me being around

System

• Added a public API to interact with JF
    This API is split in two parts: 'JoyfulFollowers.psc" for general utility and "JFMainEvents" for follower specific information
  • Restructured Event Starting. Events are now centralized and started from a single source based on their conditions, no longer scattered throughout the mod
  • Events can no longer start while you are in Dialogue with a Follower
  • Events no longer have a "Chance" condition by default
  • Removed Fatigue
  • Removed Leave Tokens & Stress
    This has been replaced with a new Feature called "Severity", Im going to talk about this later below

Affection

Affection Level5 has been removed. Lv5 was the definition of a scope creep that I don't think wouldve ever gone well

I want to keep it simple and in a radiant setting not creating too much of a loophole gameplay and not bothering about locking "states" which then disable events or interact weirdly with other. This does not only heavily increase complexity of the mod but it also directly harms the intention to make JF be usable by other authors to add their own Events

The scaling of Affection has been adjusted. Instead of using a hardcoded limits I decided to use a new function which makes it easier to get through the early levels of affection but slightly increases the time it takes to get from Lv3 to Lv4. Overall the amount of affection needed to get to Lv4 (max) is reduced and the amount of affection you gain from events is increased 

Severity

With Mental & the Token System being removed, consequences are essentially gone for treating the follower "poorly" but I still believe that some kind of system that allows the follower to react to you being a dick to them

Severity is a new System based on the previous Stats which have been removed in an attempt to keep the follower interaction responsive while also improving on their previous flaws and making this a lot more reactive

The main difference between previous stats and Severity is that Severity takes an active part in choosing which Events can start. To keep it simple: If there are 2 Events that could trigger with the next Event call and one of them is a Severity Event, the Severity one will start. The higher your Severity, the more likely it is that a Severity Event is valid and thus common events will thin out more and more as Severity increases. Severity Events are punishing in nature and will usually not grant any affection, they essentially slow down your progress and block out the potentially more fun default Events

A very high severity will potentially cause your follower to leave you and lock them out as a follower for the remaining playthrough

Severity itself is only manipulated based on your actions. Essentially: Making your follower cry increases and making them laugh decreases Severity. This is no longer shackled to any kind of polling or sleep rhythm

Present System

• Gems and Flawless Gems (which arent the followers favorite) no longer grant additional Affection
  • Flawless Gems which are the followers favority grant additional affection

Events

Almost all Events have been revisited, partially reworked or reconditioned in some way:

• Guards! A Criminal!
    • Minor Severity Event
    • Bounty Condition: 500 -> 200g in the current Hold
    • Cooldown per Hold: 0 -> 48h
    • Fixed Interrupt not working properly
    • Improved Scene Dynamic
  • OnHit
    • Can no longer be disabled
    • Removed referencing of Fatigue & Mental
    • Endurance is no longer adjustable ( Hardcoded to 8 )
    • Hitting the Follower 8 times will now reduce your Affection & add 1 Severity
    • The actual Event is now a Severity Event and will fire at 45% Chance
  • MyCut
    • Trigger time: 10 ~ 18.30 -> 10 ~ 16.15
    • Locations: Removed Falkreath, added Ravenrock
    • Time away is no longer adjustable
    • Waiting through the trigger duration no longer causes the Event to fire late. The Event will be canceled instead
      This means that when the Event starts and your follower is about to talk to you about this event and you wait until 16.30, the Event will be canceled instead. This way the follower will no longer ask for money in the middle of the night because you waited long past the trigger time interval
    • Improved Event Startup & Ending structure
    • Fixed an issue causing Cooldown to glitch out if MyCut got canceled early
    • Fixed an issue causing Cooldown to glitch out if Combat started during MyCuts ending Sequence
  • Searching in the Wild
    •  Sleep Duration: 6 -> 4
    • Sleep In Wilderness -> Sleep in an Exterior Space outside a Settlement
    • Fatigue Condition removed
    • Rephrased and cut dialogue
    • SE Exclusive: Added Condition: Wear clothes or armor on Slot 32 (Bodyslot)
  • Night at an Inn
    • Cooldown: 48h -> 96h
  • Traitor!
    • Moved to Affection Lv1
    • Can no longer disable adult content (I know this is going to be heartbreaking to some of you qwq)
    • Fixed Event not granting the appropriate amount of Affection
  • Falkreaths Graves
    • Updated Dialogue
  • Undressed
    • Cooldown: 48h -> 72h
    • Fixed Event not granting the appropriate amount of Affection
  • Dog Collar
    • Renamed into "Puppy"
    • Removed Polling, replaced with hardcoded timings which allows you to  wait through the event more reliably if you want to ( Cheater :< )
    • Removed Punishment Duration increment options (The Event duration no longer changes if you annoy the follower)
    • Rewrote all Dialogue, making it address the relative event duration, concealing the total duration
    • Adjusted the maximum time the event can last:
    • Minimum duration: 6h -> 3h
    • The collar now parrtially disables controls while wearing it
    • Fixed the collar not being displayed properly
    • Fixed collar not properly creating the crawling effect
  • Drugged
    • Stress Condition removed
    • No longer affects Cooldown, still affected by it however
      This means the Event can only start while Cooldown is inactive but playing through it will not set the Cooldown
    • Reworked Dialogue
  • Challenges:
    • Helping Hand
      • Cooldown 48h -> 96h
      • Chance: Hardcoded to 30%
    • Headless Chicken
      • Fighting controlls are no longer disabled, allowing you to break Webs and the like
      • Cooldown 48h -> 96h
    • Glass Cannon
      • Cooldown 48h -> 96h
  • Harshnil The Coward
    • Renamed into "Harshnil The Missing"
    • The follower will now notify you about the task they got from Keerava after their conversation ended
    • Refit Trigger Conditions to not conflict with Alternate Perspective
    • Harshnil no longer comments on every corpse he passes by when leaving his cell
  • Below the College
    • Cooldown 282h (12d) -> 336h (14d)
    • Required Materials: Diamond + Filled Greater/Grande Soulgem + 3 Void OR Fire OR Frost
      *You only need 3 Salts of the same Type, and no longer each Salt Type at least once
    • Fixed issues in element type distribution
      It was intended that the Staff you get as a reward and the Atronach most common in the Event is based on the Salts the Follower give the follower. This however wasnt the case in the previous version
    • Maximum Scenes increased from 5 to 11
      The actual amount of Scenes played is based on dynamic RNG. Guaranteeing at least 3 Scenes, averaging on 6 and being capped out on 11
    • Progressing the Event no requires you to sleep for 6 hours, 1 hour will suffice
    • Added 2 new endings

--------------------------

As Im currently focusing on Yamete Kudasai, Deviously Joyful will not be updated for the time being. I plan on coming back to JF once Kudasai has been released

Edited by Scrab

Helo,

Nice mod.

I've download both the Se version and the LE version.

But i cannot install the LE version.

7-zip has an error. :

JoyfulFollowers 0.B5 LE.zip unexpected data end.

wrong data : textures\joyfull\Collygon\Panel_c.dds

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Shep67 said:

But i cannot install the LE version.

2 hours ago, Durante said:

Extraction failed: Data error

I dont have this error on my end. Maybe the upload just went wrong?

-- deleted & moved into main file download --

^ This still not working?

Can you try to compare SE & LE version maybe?

Edited by Scrab
1 hour ago, Scrab said:

I dont have this error on my end. Maybe the upload just went wrong?

JoyfulFollowers 0.B5 LE.zip 52.72 MB · 1 download

^ This still not working?

Can you try to compare SE & LE version maybe?

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response :)

Now i can extract the file without problems.

I see a difference between the "old" file (~34MB) and "new" file (~54MB)

The SE Version of the File : Extract without problems. (file ~54MB)

Thank you :)

11 hours ago, blahity said:

I got the dog collar event but my character isn't crawling and my follower never has an option to remove collar no matter if I'm in an inn or home.
The MCM menu all options start with "$JF_".
I installed the SE version.

Fixed

Make sure to FNIS for the Crawling Effect

On 4/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, Durante said:

Extraction failed: Data error

at the end of installation with MO2 on LE

I  had sometimes errors  installing mods only because  my Seven zip installation was too old  and cannot handle some files.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:07 AM, SkyTem said:

Just read the features of your mod.  It looks to be really good ?.  Seems to have a lot in common with the discontinued mod

I was wondering if this mod had your character or npcs perform embarrassed animations when they are considered naked "chest piece is empty" or have been naked every few seconds?  If not having those would really put icing on the cake for this great mod ?

Hey Scrab, have you considered this ?

On 5/2/2022 at 8:46 AM, crococat said:

Missed interface files for MCM in both LE and SE. Mod seems to be ok, but hard to understand MCM settings.

Check latest release

On 2/10/2022 at 2:07 AM, SkyTem said:

On 5/2/2022 at 10:20 PM, ashani said:

Hey Scrab, have you considered this ?

Not sure. Kind of feels like a feature creep to me

Imo a mod that adds extra interactions when running around nude should be its own mod, JF isnt really supposed to add certain behavior to you or someone else if its not specifically introduced by this mod - and Id argue having those idles only play when the JF strips you is a waste of potential

Edited by Scrab
2 hours ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

I am a little confused about Devious Joyfull. Is that just an addition to JF or is it a standalone ? regards and thx for your work.

Joyful Followers itself is expandable like a framework, so to speak

DJf is an expansion mod to JF to add some Quests that requires Devious Devices. Just note that if youre playing Beta 5 you w ont be able to use this expansion since I still need to refit it to the changes made in B5

29 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Joyful Followers itself is expandable like a framework, so to speak

DJf is an expansion mod to JF to add some Quests that requires Devious Devices. Just note that if youre playing Beta 5 you w ont be able to use this expansion since I still need to refit it to the changes made in B5

Ah, ok, thx for the explaining. I read about JF 5 and DJf so i was about trying DJf only, but guess thats not working then ;)  thx

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or working as intended. My follower will make a comment, so I go to talk with them. There's an option for "Do you think we'll get along" or something like that. When I choose that, I am told "You can't recruit a Follower right now." I though this was maybe because I was using EFF, so I started a new game with out that, but I get the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jenova23 said:

This is probably a stupid question, but what version is the one that's listed 0.52? I'm running the VR version of Skyrim and I just not sure which one to download.

Not sure what youre asking

0.5.2 is the Version labeled as 0.5.2, and if youre not on LE you pick the one that isnt labeled LE?