Request/Question "High Quality Male&Female Follower mods" (Completed/Fulfilled)

Hi,

I'm looking for relatively new and high quality follower mods.

You may be thinking, why am I asking this question?

Since there are over thousands of follower mods,
is it very difficult for me to choose any,
and the goal with this thread was to reach people who have already researched most,
if not all, and can recommend the best ones that they have found so far.
41 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

So not realistic then?  Few/no pores, no wrinkles, no age lines?

That wouldn't seem very high quality to me.

My point is: be specific about what you want.

then let me rephrase it things i would like to see coming with the followers:

-High Polished Face. ( can included pores,wrinkles,age lines etc, as long as its looks fitting to the character, and age)

-Unique interactive talk lines.

-Voice Over ("if possible").

-Quests: means you have to do something to gain the trust of the follower, so that the follower not just blindly trust you.

-Follower being lore friendly, means not a out of space character like for example Nier that breaks the immersion. (he or she should fit in the lore of Skyrim).

4 minutes ago, meikel1403 said:

-High Polished Face.

Can be done by changing the textures yourself - follower doesn't need to be made this way.

4 minutes ago, meikel1403 said:

-Unique inactive talk lines.

Very few of these that are high quality.  Most have few lines or are poorly translated.

Some I might suggest: Inigo (plenty of dialogue, high quality overall), Minerva (not many lines, but good quality)

Creating dialogue - let alone voiced dialogue - is extremely time-consuming.  There aren't many good examples of it.

6 minutes ago, meikel1403 said:

-Quests: means you have to do something to gain the trust of the follower, so that the follower not just blindly trust you.

Inigo has that.  Others do, too, but honestly, why not just create this in your imagination?  Decide to "win them over" by doing something (ask the innkeeper for a job, there's the task you need to do).  Asking modders to create entire quests just to do something simple is not a good use of anyone's time.

8 minutes ago, meikel1403 said:

-Follower being lore friendly, means not a out of space character like for example Nier that breaks the immersion.

Most of them fit this.  Some few do not.  A lot of Dividedbythe9's followers (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/20911049?tab=user+files) are either extremely lore-friendly or completely not, depending on your perspective.

29 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:
Spoiler

Can be done by changing the textures yourself - follower doesn't need to be made this way.

Very few of these that are high quality.  Most have few lines or are poorly translated.

Some I might suggest: Inigo (plenty of dialogue, high quality overall), Minerva (not many lines, but good quality)

Creating dialogue - let alone voiced dialogue - is extremely time-consuming.  There aren't many good examples of it.

Inigo has that.  Others do, too, but honestly, why not just create this in your imagination?  Decide to "win them over" by doing something (ask the innkeeper for a job, there's the task you need to do).  Asking modders to create entire quests just to do something simple is not a good use of anyone's time.

Most of them fit this.  Some few do not.  A lot of Dividedbythe9's followers (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/20911049?tab=user+files) are either extremely lore-friendly or completely not, depending on your perspective.

I know i asked/requested allot, but since you specifically asked me for what i'm looking for, went i out of my way, and asked for almost the impossible just to see if there exist.

Thanks for the recommended mod author called Dividedbythe9's, i can see he has allot of follower mods.

i'm gonna make sure to check him out, and thanks for the help i really appreciate that you went out of your way to help me. :)

The best followers aside from Inigo Sofia and Mirai are private, so good luck with GIVE ME THE ONLY ULTRA, which is essentially like walking into a walmart and asking for 2080ti for 50 bucks.

-Inigo - The undisputed king of context.

-Mirai - A follower that's not really a follower so much as person doing a thing whom doesn't not maybe want to something for you in return

-Acalypha - she might like you, probably not.

-Mrissi- Loverslab the follower, if you have a fetish it's probably covered in here

-Sofia- The nordest nord.

-Neisa- Contrary to title she is not a tanker, she is a nuker; a nuker with two nukes. Super weeaboo but also lore compliant, except for the singing. Which is kind of amazing considering where the author is from. Not kidding about the nuke part, she will evaporate anything in front of her that she can actually see over the size of her circumference.

-Onean- Neisa's literal partner in crime, also super weeaboo, also steals any untethered horse.

-Aurlyn Dawnstone- She thinks about things real hard and then electrocutes the fuck out of them, kind of like your average PC.

-Arissa the Creation Club Whore, Patreon PLZ- She steals both in your game and your real money, just like Chesko. Neat.

and then on the complete opposite end of the spectrum we have:

Rigmor of Fuckyoursave. The only denizen of Tamriel to be a 2 dimensional mary sue on two continents. Also guaranteed to break your save. Quite the achievement.

Ambriel- Fanfiction.net, the follower.

and the grand prize winner: Skyrim Romance. If Joss Whedon and The Chick who "wrote" 50 shades of grey had a kid and that kid married the people who wrote picard and star trek discovery, the kid of that kid would write this. Has to be seen to be believed. It's not that someone wrote this, it's that someone was dead serious and thought this was amazing when they did.

2 hours ago, 27X said:
Spoiler

The best followers aside from Inigo Sofia and Mirai are private, so good luck with GIVE ME THE ONLY ULTRA, which is essentially like walking into a walmart and asking for 2080ti for 50 bucks.

-Inigo - The undisputed king of context.

-Mirai - A follower that's not really a follower so much as person doing a thing whom doesn't not maybe want to something for you in return

-Acalypha - she might like you, probably not.

-Mrissi- Loverslab the follower, if you have a fetish it's probably covered in here

-Sofia- The nordest nord.

-Neisa- Contrary to title she is not a tanker, she is a nuker; a nuker with two nukes. Super weeaboo but also lore complaint, except for the singing. Which is kind of amazing considering where the author is from. Not kidding about the nuke part, she will evaporate anything in front of her that she can actually see over the size of her circumference.

-Onean- Neisa's literal partner in crime, also super weeaboo, also steals any untethered horse.

-Aurlyn Dawnstone- She thinks about things real hard and then electrocutes the fuck out of them, kind of like your average PC.

-Arissa the Creation Club Whore, Patreon PLZ- She steals both in your game and your real money, just like Chesko. Neat.

and then on the complete opposite end of the spectrum we have:

Rigmor of Fuckyoursave. The only denizen of Tamriel to be a 2 dimensional mary sue on two continents. Also guaranteed to break your save. Quite the achievement.

Ambriel- Fanfiction.net, the follower.

and the grand prize winner: Skyrim Romance. If Joss Whedon and The Chick who "wrote" 50 shades of grey had a kid and that kid married the people who wrote picard and star trek discovery, the kid of that kid would write this. Has to be seen to be believed. It's not that someone wrote this, it's that someone was dead serious and thought this was amazing when they did.

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time not only to create a very detailed list,

to even explain a little bit about each of the followers you have listed,

for which I am very grateful. I'll make sure to review every single follower you've listed,

especially since some of the ones you list do sound very interesting, which I think is great.

To add to the list.

Lucien - Kind of annoying but intentionally so, has his moments. - Will interact with Inigo (apparently)

Benjamin Doon - Apparently lots of people find him funny. I didn't.
Roderick RedBeard - I did like Roderick but level requirement for his quests removes him from being in most of my play throughs

Hoth - Never tried him, seen him in a lot of load orders so apparently popular, also interacts with Inigo... Or the other way around.

Most of Dividedbythe9's followers are crying out to be custom voiced, if a unque appearance is all you are after I would start with their stuff.

In my experience, most custom followers are OP, at least at lower levels. If you're ok with this then fine, otherwise learn how to fix it with xEdit or CK. Or just taking away their, equally, OP custom weapon and armour.

Also, since you are asking here. If the Male follower is standalone (with custom textures) they are often not SOS compatible, having non-nude textures.
You won't have the same issue with any female followers.

Also, for your consideration

Recorder - Not lore friendly, is aware she is in a computer game and, I think, is in the habit of breaking the 4th wall.

There is also Jinxxed (or Jynxxed) followers.

Very loosely based on Anime characters (they share the same name as and have similar looking outfits but any resemblance stops there, imo)

And a plethora of TW3 followers that use voice assets from the original game.

4 hours ago, 27X said:

?Guilty as charged.

I like Song of Green especially if she says "I want to get naked and dance in the rain" or explains children why bandit liver tastes better than the heart sometimes (no, she doesn't eat children, at least not as long as you watch).

Get the sharp teeth appearance replacer for full effect ?

5 hours ago, meikel1403 said:

then let me rephrase it things i would like to see coming with the followers:

-High Polished Face. ( can included pores,wrinkles,age lines etc, as long as its looks fitting to the character, and age)

-Unique interactive talk lines.

-Voice Over ("if possible").

-Follower being lore friendly, means not a out of space character like for example Nier that breaks the immersion. (he or she should fit in the lore of Skyrim).

Try Vilja.

Her 3D model is probably below your expectations but all else is.