BreakArmor for Vanilla Armors (Last Update: 130115)

well putting femalearmor at the very bottom didn't make a difference... when merged with the bashed patch does the load order matter? or should I try again without it being merged? cheers :)

The real issue is that we don't actually know what mesh the armor is using' date=' or what mod that mesh comes from.

The best bet might be to grab FormID Finder and use that to figure out what's causing the conflict.

Another option, just for testing purposes, is to drop the female armor esp at the very bottom of your load order (below everything else, dead last, after the bashed patch, etc). While it is above the bashed patch, its settings are overridden by that patch. If it is merged into that patch, as your load order demonstrates, that esp is weighted against any others that modify the same resources.

Sometimes, the item at the lowest part of the load order wins, but sometimes it doesn't. I'm not certain what the criteria are, to tell you truth. I have so many mods loaded at any given moment that I usually find myself manually editing my bashed patches (in Tes4Edit) just to make them work the way I want them to. I don't do that much anymore...I made an override patch that contains my common bashed patch edits (using Tes4Edit again).

The mesh looks like its coming from maybe EVE (or maybe even default). Yeah I just tried femalearmor at the very bottom with no change unfortunately... I'll see if I can get it to work without merging

will this work when i use colourwheels sexy oblivion overhaul ?

it adds female armor counterparts and works fine with most mods so far.

i also edited it to my liking by replacing some of colourwheels meshes with other armor replacers manually.

so i gues it will work with breakarmor.

Well, obviously any other mods that overwrite the same armors won't be compatible *unless* they use the same base mesh (otherwise the first break event would cause the person to suddenly start wearing an entirely different set of armor). If the base mesh has the same name and is stored in the same place, you don't need to do anything.

Otherwise, you have two choices. One, edit the ini file. Look for the entry for the armor of interest and make a copy of that section. Then replace the entry for the unbroken mesh with the base mesh from the mod.

The second choice is to override the armor selection of the esp. You can do this in two ways, either by editing the esp itself, or by creating an override esp that you drop after it in the load order.

In my opinion, adding an entry to the ini file is the easiest, but your mileage may vary.

Most of Colourwheel's mods do use custom meshes for at least portions of the outfits. If you look in her esp files you will see the armors labeled as CW_something or other. This is true for the guards and many armors\clothes. Some portions of the outfits she does use stock items, but those are mostly armor parts. You'll need to redirect the mesh paths for those armors and\or clothes to the meshes you have that break or create broken meshes from her custom clothing\armors.

it adds some armors in custom paths but adds most of them to the vanilla paths so i guess it should work...

Colourwheel's replacer is one of the things I wanted to convert, because it seems very common. See its incredible dl count at Nexus! I'm not a big fan of panties or panchira though :D

Probably, our best bet would be creating colourwheel's BU meshes. As for some armors that use custom model path, you should edit .ini yourself I guess.

it adds some armors in custom paths but adds most of them to the vanilla paths so i guess it should work...

Colourwheel's replacer is one of the things I wanted to convert' date=' because it seems very common. See its incredible dl count at Nexus! I'm not a big fan of panties or panchira though :D

Probably, our best bet would be creating colourwheel's BU meshes. As for some armors that use custom model path, you should edit .ini yourself I guess.

[/quote']

Lol, which part of colourwheel's armors could you break? It's already so minimalist that I can't imagine remove something more on those armors!

Underwear? :D

i use colourwheels and replaced most of the armor afterwards, but it adds to the beauty of the NPCs and thats why i use it. also because it adds female armour for all armor.

also without BU/BA it was the only way to have skimpy armour. now that we have BA, i will definitely not need those skimpy armours anymore - i will replace them again, because all the armour gets skimpy by breaking :)

To be honest I have done nothing since the last update. Bit... tired. Looks like I should get my ass up and work this on again.

i use colourwheels and replaced most of the armor afterwards' date=' but it adds to the beauty of the NPCs and thats why i use it. also because it adds female armour for all armor.

also without BU/BA it was the only way to have skimpy armour. now that we have BA, i will definitely not need those skimpy armours anymore - i will replace them again, because all the armour gets skimpy by breaking :)

[/quote']

Say, why not play around with blender yourself? I'm pretty sure it's much less tedious than retexturing.

hmmm i had my time with 3dsmax8 and photoshop. i forgot about 99% of the few things i was able to do in 3dsmax. i still know how to use photoshop and i like the outcome of my hard work. i know a few things in nifskope and i managed to retexture some armors/clothes and to change them to my liking.

as much as i'd love to make new armors and animations, i dont want to learn another tool again.

maybe i'll pack my work and upload it here in my very own thread :)

hmmm even though i downloaded those default armors for those breaksteps, i still dont know if i should install the full yuravica's FLY replacer, as some of those models i havent had chosen in the BUVanilla omod. are the authors of the original meshes/textures really unwilling to let you include those into the package?

hmmm even though i downloaded those default armors for those breaksteps' date=' i still dont know if i should install the full yuravica's FLY replacer, as some of those models i havent had chosen in the BUVanilla omod. are the authors of the original meshes/textures really unwilling to let you include those into the package?

[/quote']

No. I *think* most of them probably will give me permission to include theirs. But stepping on their toe isn't my policy, this isn't intended to act as some kind of replacer compilation(as some folks expect).

You've downloded yuravica's and some of them don't satisfy your taste? just mix them, delete disliking armors and replace them with your other favorites. It's really not much effort.

sorry, you must have mistaken me a little bit.

but now i understand why you havent included them.

the more complicated problem is, that not all the URLs for the armors are listed.

-Dwarven default armor meshes arent listed

-Rad87 Steel textures arent present and i dont know where to find the original armor

there was something else, but i've already forgotten again :(

sorry' date=' you must have mistaken me a little bit.

but now i understand why you havent included them.

the more complicated problem is, that not all the URLs for the armors are listed.

-Dwarven default armor meshes arent listed

-Rad87 Steel textures arent present and i dont know where to find the original armor

there was something else, but i've already forgotten again :(

[/quote']

My gosh, thanks for pointing those.

-Dwarven armor

I believed it is listed.

Ratchild's Lowcut Armors for Exnems Body

Dwarven - http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/12067

But, yeah, you're right. My laziness to try that armor myself was to blame. It seems Rad87 modified the original mesh without notifying me. I'll include it in the next update!

-Steel armor

Uh oh, *for some reason*, I have those textures so I didn't notice when I pack it. No idea why or how(I couldnt find them from the packages Rad87 sent to me), but I have it anyway. Again, sorry, I'll put them later. If I don't please heads up me again.

The reason why I'm saying repeatedly later...later.. is that I cannot issue incremental patch since this is omod. Still I can upload it if you want. You need additional esp to enable dwarven replacer, you know. For the plugin, see my post #222.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y9tqs3eknw3cc3n

------

Aha! Now I've found the reason. The steel textures in question was included in Gregathit's BU package. Since I already had those I've never asked Rad of those textures, and so it screwed.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 130101

http://www.mediafire.com/?bzpgst24557rs5m

Requires Break Armor 1.08 or higher,

But I suggest to try 1.09b. It's ini free! (cool isnit?)

Please report bugs if you run into any.

on this thread, or Break Armor thread.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=13735

List of added items

(Included some missing meshes/textures)

(HGEC D)

Savior's Hide

(Clear Glass)

DeadSomething's

Omnimmotus'

Yuraivca's

(Yuravica)

AmelionCeremonial V1

ArenaHeavyBlue

ArenaHeavyYellow

ArenaLightBlue

Blades

ChampionLight

Daedric V1

Daedric V1 Heavy

DarkBrotherhood

Ebony

Glass

Glass AA

Mythicdawn

Mythicdawn NS

Townguards

Yuravica completed!!

Sorry anyone who hates yuravica's replacers. Now finished.

Now my plan is some KOTN -> Justice123.

Any thoughts?

SI pack 121219a

http://www.mediafire.com/?3nxb9a9s4wa141c

No critical change has been made. I've added some screenshots, changed the ini entries properly, that is all.

I Hadn't checked this mod in a while but I'll try out the updates over the weekend. I like the armour designs for Yuravica's replacers' date=' though, my preference is D or C cups the designs are very nice

[/quote']

More precisely, most of FLY repalcers are B cup or D cup. Only few of them have AA. So hopefully if you prefer C or D cup, you can choose between Bcup to Fcup of Yuravica's. :cool:

Hey' date=' wow, you made a BreakArmor out of my "Glass replacer" :)

i'm so excited to see it :)

edit:

looks nice, great job on those meshes :)

[/quote']

Hmm, yeah. eh, no gloves or boots? Vanilla gloves & boots mismatch with yours...vastly.

Anyways, I posted on your thread to ask a screenshot of yours, but looks like it's too late :D

you did a post? must have lost that one...

and yes, i dont have boots or gloves yet, because i couldt make those.

i tried just copying in some HGEC hands and make the other mesh transparant, but the hands would have serious clipping issues with the gloves.

same problem as with the boots...