BreakArmor for Vanilla Armors (Last Update: 130115)

Thats a bad approach. The BU meshes will usually be different than what a person has as his base armor mesh. For example if one chooses mine darkbrotherhood armor he will go from unbroken stock brotherhood armor to broken remodeled chingari catsuit. So unbroken meshes should be included in the Vanilla BU replacer. Just set it up so it installs in a folder like data\meshes\armors\stockbu\iron\f\ then it won't overwrite anything and when uninstalled the user will be back to what he had before the install. I agree that the best thing would be to have permission from the original makers of the base meshes but when I use someone elses mesh I edit it first' date=' sometimes quite extensively, so it's not like we include someones original work, and we do credit them, right? So at least most of them should be ok with that, and if someone isn't we can exclude that armor from the pack and replace it with something else

[/quote']

Err.. it's situational. We have _default folders for your works. Since yours and Ger4's are original stuff( No one uses Chingari Catsuit as DB replacer, so effectively it's new one.) if someone want yours then I install cuirass.nif too. But Yaarm or FLY are just fine, people can dl it from elsewhere. This is why I've told you to release your own set of armors. If you modify the original armor a lot (like your townguards), then they're 'modified' Justice123, not simply Justice123. It's different.

The problem with that approach is that you need to create an esp that overwrites the base nif path for every single armor mesh in the game.

This can cause problems.

Now' date=' assuming that the BU Test framework is successful (I'm looking for a solution to what I consider to be a show-stopping bug at the moment), I could use the vanilla mesh paths as an array key that points to the BU meshes. It would require some changes to the ini file to work.

[/quote']

Well anyone actually tested what would happen if we supplied different nif in the ini for the unbroken mesh than in the esp it refers to? From looking a the bu scripts I think it shouldn't care what was declared in the esp.

Whats that game breaking bug?

It will be fine. Or should be fine. As fas as I can tell, if we supply different first stage path (unbroken, let's call path B) it acts like original path is path B. No need to change every last bit of clothings from vanilla.

so the leather greaves just broke for me at 50 I just hadn't damaged them enough so sorry about that. however still having the invisible body for the rusty iron set (both the cuirass and the greaves).

EDIT:

and btw what armour replacer do you recommend to match with this one? the YAARM replacer?

@TheBatDad1989

Seriously man, is your BreakUndies Framework okay? I confirmed that the rusty greaves has 4 broken stages (75/50/25/0) and shows up normally. No CTD or so. If you replaced esp with quickfix one, it should work.

And for the leather armor, it also should show 4 stages too.

You said that you're using Greg's BU compilation right? Are they work fine? They usually(not all) have 3 broken stages, so you should be able to see they break when their health is 66/33/0 .

Oh, and Ave's and Rad's both are based on Yaarm Iron Armor. But the iron armor is the only armor based on Yaarm at the moment.

@Rad87 and Avebrave

I want to be sure on this matter. You can see the rusty armor breaks? You don't see random NPC equips the iron armor? Sorry for bothering, but I can never sure til other guys tell me it's fine.

@Rad87 and Avebrave

I want to be sure on this matter. You can see the rusty armor breaks? You don't see random NPC equips the iron armor? Sorry for bothering' date=' but I can never sure til other guys tell me it's fine.

[/quote']

To be honest I haven't tested it yet, most of my free time I spend in blender now, launching oblivion only to check how the meshes look ingame

Thats a bad approach. The BU meshes will usually be different than what a person has as his base armor mesh. For example if one chooses mine darkbrotherhood armor he will go from unbroken stock brotherhood armor to broken remodeled chingari catsuit. So unbroken meshes should be included in the Vanilla BU replacer. Just set it up so it installs in a folder like data\meshes\armors\stockbu\iron\f\ then it won't overwrite anything and when uninstalled the user will be back to what he had before the install. I agree that the best thing would be to have permission from the original makers of the base meshes but when I use someone elses mesh I edit it first' date=' sometimes quite extensively, so it's not like we include someones original work, and we do credit them, right? So at least most of them should be ok with that, and if someone isn't we can exclude that armor from the pack and replace it with something else

[/quote']

Err.. it's situational. We have _default folders for your works. Since yours and Ger4's are original stuff( No one uses Chingari Catsuit as DB replacer, so effectively it's new one.) if someone want yours then I install cuirass.nif too. But Yaarm or FLY are just fine, people can dl it from elsewhere. This is why I've told you to release your own set of armors. If you modify the original armor a lot (like your townguards), then they're 'modified' Justice123, not simply Justice123. It's different.

The problem with that approach is that you need to create an esp that overwrites the base nif path for every single armor mesh in the game.

This can cause problems.

Now' date=' assuming that the BU Test framework is successful (I'm looking for a solution to what I consider to be a show-stopping bug at the moment), I could use the vanilla mesh paths as an array key that points to the BU meshes. It would require some changes to the ini file to work.

[/quote']

Well anyone actually tested what would happen if we supplied different nif in the ini for the unbroken mesh than in the esp it refers to? From looking a the bu scripts I think it shouldn't care what was declared in the esp.

Whats that game breaking bug?

It will be fine. Or should be fine. As fas as I can tell, if we supply different first stage path (unbroken, let's call path B) it acts like original path is path B. No need to change every last bit of clothings from vanilla.

so the leather greaves just broke for me at 50 I just hadn't damaged them enough so sorry about that. however still having the invisible body for the rusty iron set (both the cuirass and the greaves).

EDIT:

and btw what armour replacer do you recommend to match with this one? the YAARM replacer?

@TheBatDad1989

Seriously man' date=' is your BreakUndies Framework okay? I confirmed that the rusty greaves has 4 broken stages (75/50/25/0) and shows up normally. No CTD or so. If you replaced esp with quickfix one, it should work.

And for the leather armor, it also should show 4 stages too.

You said that you're using Greg's BU compilation right? Are they work fine? They usually(not all) have 3 broken stages, so you should be able to see they break when their health is 66/33/0 .

Oh, and Ave's and Rad's both are based on Yaarm Iron Armor. But the iron armor is the only armor based on Yaarm at the moment.

@Rad87 and Avebrave

I want to be sure on this matter. You can see the rusty armor breaks? You don't see random NPC equips the iron armor? Sorry for bothering, but I can never sure til other guys tell me it's fine.

[/quote']

Since the fix the equipping of iron cuirasses on guards and my player has stopped so thats all good. As for my breakundies framework yeah I think its fine as Greg's compilation works fine for me. BTW the iron armour sets work fine its just the rusty iron armour thats not giving me a mesh :(

To be honest I haven't tested it yet' date=' most of my free time I spend in blender now, launching oblivion only to check how the meshes look ingame

[/quote']

Hey then put this into your todo list. I know you guys want to concentrate on your work, but it won't take too long.

Since the fix the equipping of iron cuirasses on guards and my player has stopped so thats all good. As for my breakundies framework yeah I think its fine as Greg's compilation works fine for me. BTW the iron armour sets work fine its just the rusty iron armour thats not giving me a mesh :(

I tried to code a stand alone BU script for the rusty armor' date=' but I find it's pointless as it looks like the script itself runs normally.

You said that the rusty iron armors do break, just they are invisible - right? If so, 2 possibilities. Either your esp directs the wrong path for the rusty iron armor (and the script works well because it tried to change the model path and succeeded.), or you don't have the meshes. But you have confirmed that you have all 5 meshes. So from what i can conclude..

Actually, this is the very same file as I uploaded as a quickfix. But please overwrite your file with this one. If you figure that your esp is neither outdated(you can make sure about it when you attempt to overwrite, as you know.) nor currupted, regretfully I have no idea how should I do until someone point out the problem for me.

Thank you, sincerely, since you could have just ignored the rusty armor but reported to me kindly.

To be honest I haven't tested it yet' date=' most of my free time I spend in blender now, launching oblivion only to check how the meshes look ingame

[/quote']

Hey then put this into your todo list. I know you guys want to concentrate on your work, but it won't take too long.

I tried to code a stand alone BU script for the rusty armor' date=' but I find it's pointless as it looks like the script itself runs normally.

You said that the rusty iron armors do break, just they are invisible - right? If so, 2 possibilities. Either your esp directs the wrong path for the rusty iron armor (and the script works well because it tried to change the model path and succeeded.), or you don't have the meshes. But you have confirmed that you have all 5 meshes. So from what i can conclude..

Actually, this is the very same file as I uploaded as a quickfix. But please overwrite your file with this one. If you figure that your esp is neither outdated(you can make sure about it when you attempt to overwrite, as you know.) nor currupted, regretfully I have no idea how should I do until someone point out the problem for me.

Thank you, sincerely, since you could have just ignored the rusty armor but reported to me kindly.

[/quote']

well it breaks but even after replacing the esp provided with the one above (same ESP indicating it was already installed like you said) i still have an invisible torso. And no worries man I'm always happy to assist you with testing, if you'd call it that :D

@Rad87 and Avebrave

I want to be sure on this matter. You can see the rusty armor breaks? You don't see random NPC equips the iron armor? Sorry for bothering' date=' but I can never sure til other guys tell me it's fine.

[/quote']

Since i don't got a english oblivion version, would you be so kind and tell me the editorID of this mysterious 'rusty iron armor'? I found the rusty iron weapons, but no armor.

BTW does vanilla oblivion use meshes from armor\leather\ for any armor?

None that I'm aware of. OB uses boots and gauntlets or so but I've never seen such armor.

Then maybe we should use it for leather armor and leave that ugly one only for rough leather

Since i don't got a english oblivion version' date=' would you be so kind and tell me the editorID of this mysterious 'rusty iron armor'? I found the rusty iron weapons, but no armor.

[/quote']

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Armor

It's 661c1 for the cuirass, and 661c3 for the greaves. They are the ones you can find in tutorial dungeon.

ty, damn translation it use the same name as the iron armor...

I have a look at it.

Is there a way to make the Lovers BU destruction options functional with this mod?

You could select the oblivion.esm in the Lover's BU settings but that would make every armor from vanilla durability go down during rape/sex (depending on how did you set up it) not only the ones that have BU meshes ready. That wouldn't crash or anything just that there would be no effect other than durability going down for the armors not yet included in Vanilla BU project

Perfect, worked a treat, thanks ^^

The new BreakArmor framework is now complete and ready for testing.

BreakArmor is fully compatible with any BreakUndies meshes and ini files. This is a fully mesh based solution to the armor swapping problem that will work on all armors that use the same base mesh, regardless of source mod, enchantments, scripts, etc.

This means that only a single set of entries is required for each mesh in the ini file.

Ini file format for adding items:

Note: the framework should be compatible with any given number of entries.

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Armor\Fur\F\cuirass.nif"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Armor\Fur\F\cuirass1.nif"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Armor\Fur\F\cuirass2.nif"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Armor\Fur\F\cuirass3.nif"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Armor\Fur\F\cuirass4.nif"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

Ini file format for adding items with custom break messages:

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Custom Message 1"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 20

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Custom Message 2"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 20

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Custom Message 3"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 20

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Custom Message 4"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 20

SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

***Change Log Notes***

* Update3d call was abandoned and replaced with UnEquipMe and EquipMe. The choice was between having the armor disappear for a frame or two, or having the NPC disappear/reappear complete with animation reset.

* Multiple armors of the same type no longer cause conflicts when they appear in the same scene.

Then maybe we should use it for leather armor and leave that ugly one only for rough leather

There is only one real rule for us' date=' do as you want. Although I think the leather cuirass is uglier than the thief cuirass (just retexture of arena cuirass), greaves is pretty cool imo.

Glass time - http://www.mediafire.com/?azdbtqgk7lcka3j - D-Cup Cuirass

Edit - Saviour's hide D-Cup as a bonus http://www.mediafire.com/?v7rnbkv1g64b209

Thanks. I'll take a look. BTW I want to put your name to authors list.

BreakArmor is fully compatible with any BreakUndies meshes and ini files. This is a fully mesh based solution to the armor swapping problem that will work on all armors that use the same base mesh' date=' regardless of source mod, enchantments, scripts, etc.

This means that only a single set of entries is required for each mesh in the ini file.

[b']Ini file format for adding items:[/b]

Note: the framework should be compatible with any given number of entries.

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

Ini file format for adding items with custom break messages:

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Custom Message 1"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 20

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Custom Message 2"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 20

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Custom Message 3"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 20

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "Custom Message 4"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 20

SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

***Change Log Notes***

* Update3d call was abandoned and replaced with UnEquipMe and EquipMe. The choice was between having the armor disappear for a frame or two, or having the NPC disappear/reappear complete with animation reset.

* Multiple armors of the same type no longer cause conflicts when they appear in the same scene.

Cool, I feel sorry that I haven't got time to give you useful feedback.

Anyway this means if this works well we don't need BUF 2.0 anymore right? (except less important minor features ) I'm backing up my OB folder now.

So much to do, too little time.

Anyway this means if this works well we don't need BUF 2.0 anymore right? (except less important minor features ) I'm backing up my OB folder now.

That's the idea. It was coded entirely from scratch to be a completely stand-alone system that can automatically work on armor from any mods. No special coding or esps are required.

The entire framework is managed by a single gamemode quest script that tracks NPC BU state via a dynamically generated array (NPCStateArray). It appears to have a very light system footprint even when I remove the fquest delay entirely (That will be an ini customize-able option in the next version).

To function, this iteration needs three things.

OBSE v.20

An ini file that loads the meshes (currently, it looks for both BreakUndies.ini and BreakUndies_Stock.ini, although I will be creating an ini file just for the BreakArmor frame work in the release)

Armor that is available in-game. The BreakArmor framework doesn't know or care how the armor got in-game, all that it cares about is finding meshes that it recognizes.

One other thing.

I've started coding BreakClothing functionality into BreakArmor. Obviously, item condition does not exist, but I was thinking about using NPC health and stamina as an event trigger. Any thoughts?

One other thing.

I've started coding BreakClothing functionality into BreakArmor. Obviously' date=' item condition does not exist, but I was thinking about using NPC health and stamina as an event trigger. Any thoughts?

[/quote']

That is truly the greatest idea.

In Nudeshy X, there is a system which rips off a cloth by random percent. What event would be a reasonable trigger? Using both health and stamina looks good for me.

By the way, ever considered putting 'no break flag' or so? Because, If TSB uses the 'model path change' method, you'll need it.

One other thing.

I've started coding BreakClothing functionality into BreakArmor. Obviously' date=' item condition does not exist, but I was thinking about using NPC health and stamina as an event trigger. Any thoughts?

[/quote']

In Nudeshy X, there is a system which rips off a cloth by random percent. What event would be a reasonable trigger? Using both health and stamina looks good for me.

I think the trick would be to choose an appropriate floor for the "most broken" state. Maybe 25% of either health or stamina.

By the way' date=' ever considered putting 'no break flag' or so? Because, If TSB uses the 'model path change' method, you'll need it.

[/quote']

That's a tricky one. The breakarmor framework, by design, doesn't care where the armor/clothing came from.

I'd have to see how any of the current clothing changing TSBs keep track of clothing changes (probably a token system).

On the other hand, if I ever get around to coding a TSB Reloaded framework, it'll just use an NPC array that I could check from BreakArmor.

One other thing.

[/quote']

I think the trick would be to choose an appropriate floor for the "most broken" state. Maybe 25% of either health or stamina.

By the way' date=' ever considered putting 'no break flag' or so? Because, If TSB uses the 'model path change' method, you'll need it.

[/quote']

That's a tricky one. The breakarmor framework, by design, doesn't care where the armor/clothing came from.

I'd have to see how any of the current clothing changing TSBs keep track of clothing changes (probably a token system).

On the other hand, if I ever get around to coding a TSB Reloaded framework, it'll just use an NPC array that I could check from BreakArmor.

Hmm, I think the name of this file need to be BreakUndies.esm. Because a lot (a lot? Let's assume it a lot.) of existing BUv1 plugins calls BUCmnFnc. How about putting a fake(does nothing) function named BUCmnFnc?

Whats TSB?

TamagoSetBody.

It's a mod that works with Setbody (or better yet Setbody Reloaded...shameless plug) to assign pregnant nude meshes to pregnant females.

One of the latest versions (1.02 I believe) also assigns a few items of pregnancy clothing to pregnant females.

On a related note, I have vague plans to create a Setbody Reloaded specific plugin for Tamago Club called TamagoSetbody Reloaded. This would include automated mesh swaps for any known pregnant meshes and compatibility with any of movomo's stuff.

Hmm' date=' I think the name of this file need to be BreakUndies.esm. Because a lot (a lot? Let's assume it a lot.) of existing BUv1 plugins calls BUCmnFnc. How about putting a fake(does nothing) function named BUCmnFnc?

[/quote']

I'd prefer not to turn it into an ESM if I can avoid it. It's not really a problem, per se, but ESM's should generally contain resources that will be used by other mods.

This framework is really just a few scripts that manage an array.

For older BU plugins (pre v.2), I'd rather just strip out all of the extra crap. They're nasty, crash-prone system hogs (every BU item has it's own gamemode script...ugh)

Got any you want me to work on? Just cleaning out the unneeded scripts and calls, nothing fancy.

BreakArmor is fully compatible with any BreakUndies meshes and ini files. This is a fully mesh based solution to the armor swapping problem that will work on all armors that use the same base mesh' date=' regardless of source mod, enchantments, scripts, etc.

***Change Log Notes***

[/quote']

Quick testing using setEquippedCurrentHealth shows it's working quite well, one thing that I noticed is that I think that the original BU equipped back the armors faster

***Change Log Notes***

[/quote']

Quick testing using setEquippedCurrentHealth shows it's working quite well, one thing that I noticed is that I think that the original BU equipped back the armors faster

I had set the questdelay to 0.5 during combat and 5 out of combat (hence the increased delay vs BU), but this script appears to have so little system load that I've been able to set it to 0 with no notable performance hit.

I'll post it shortly, complete with its new ini file.