BreakArmor for Vanilla Armors (Last Update: 130115)

Very cool. So this was the reason why I couldn't find the westwing rouge in the nexus.

The problem here (it's the issue in the break armor framework, or obse itself, so to speak) is that the mesh paths of this armor are all set for the male, not for female. If the mesh path is set only for the male, it shows up as the female appearance regardless of the equipped npc's gender.

Since your PC is a woman, BA attempts to search the female mesh path - but it doesn't have any. It returns an empty string.

This is a very easy fix if you know a little about CS. I'd recommend to try learning some later.

I have modified the mesh path of 2 items - the armor and the dark armor. not cloaks. Replace your plugin and see if this makes any difference.

Westwind_Rogue_HGEC_modified_esp.7z

and i thought it would just go like this:

current equipped armor's mesh "armor.nif" and search in the same folder for "armor_ba1.nif" etc.

i thought that if an armor only has one mesh for both genders, then it would also use the same broken meshes for both genders.

did i completely misunderstand how it looks for broken meshes?

Yep, BreakArmor will automatically check for gender and grab the appropriate nif (as defined in the Construction Kit) for the character gender.

If a given mesh is unisex (as defined in the CK), it will apply that mesh to males and females.

The problem that people have is that some of the BreakArmor variants are female versions of armor that, by default, only have unisex types.  So, to make those female replacers work for females (but not males) you need an esp that changes the vanilla armor from a unisex version to one that loads a different mesh depending on gender.

Thanks Movomo. Downloaded your esp and going to try.  I do want to learn how to model.  Been looking at alot of the BAB armors and seems most of them used the actual body mold for the armor. Hence they look pretty bad when equiped.  Would like to get them updated to the HGEC like a BAB body.  I like using this body for Woodelfs mainly.

Movomo. Updated esp worked. Yeah the Nexons armor. Original black has been weighted for BBB and I was able to remove pieces at a time and make 9 BA files. Was not sure if 10 or more would have worked. LCmage addon is the same armor just recolors in blue and red but have not been weighted for BBB

I do want to learn how to model.

You're already making a good progress because you now know the Nifskope basics.

"Modeling" is a bit different matter, it requires (at least) Blender or 3DS knowledge. I'm happy to help it as well but let's leave it for the future. Not difficult, but you'll need some patience to learn it.

I assume you wanted to say "how to mod".

Here's the good point to start:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=Category:Tutorials

And start from anything that looks easy:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=Blender/Custom_Cuirass_%28part_2%29#Getting_The_Mesh_Into_The_Construction_Set

Yep, BreakArmor will automatically check for gender and grab the appropriate nif (as defined in the Construction Kit) for the character gender.

If a given mesh is unisex (as defined in the CK), it will apply that mesh to males and females.

The problem that people have is that some of the BreakArmor variants are female versions of armor that, by default, only have unisex types.  So, to make those female replacers work for females (but not males) you need an esp that changes the vanilla armor from a unisex version to one that loads a different mesh depending on gender.

well, then thats what i always thought how it works :D

an idea for the next update: can you add the cupsize / used bodytype to the armor selection dialogues?

example: "DeadSomething's Glass Replacer (HGEC D, L bottom)"

because it's sometimes hard to recognize from the screenshots which bodytype is used and i always try to choose my armors/clothes etc to be of the same or at least similiar bodytype.

Thanks again Movomo. Just need to find a "clean" source for Blender.  Tried from one page and it wanted to add a bunch of other things that my anti virus claimed it would harm my computer. Too bad could not do this with Autocad.  Know that system quite well but that is for engineering.

Grab this one.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42755/?

It comes patched with Anthony D'Agostino's true normals patch, which is very handy if you use Seam Mender.  P.S. it doesn't matter which one you grab.  The version with the 'Modified NIFscripts 2.5.8' just includes my modified nifscripts patch, which was made redundant by the 2.59 nifscripts release.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10179-blender-script-seam-mender-version-14-updated-10122012/

Well, really! I use autocad and inventor to design engines as well, but unfortunately they have nothing to do with all this stuff. You generally don't care about individual vertex or other graphic thingy when you model something with inventor you see. All ok as long as it is precise and constrained properly, but doing blender is somewhat more like modeling clay.

well, then thats what i always thought how it works :D

an idea for the next update: can you add the cupsize / used bodytype to the armor selection dialogues?

example: "DeadSomething's Glass Replacer (HGEC D, L bottom)"

because it's sometimes hard to recognize from the screenshots which bodytype is used and i always try to choose my armors/clothes etc to be of the same or at least similiar bodytype.

Doesn't sound too hard. I;m working on my own armor replacers. Once I'm reasonably satisfied with that thing I want to update this one as well.

• 1 month later...

So, somewhat related question to this project.

I really want to try this out, but I don't really want to go back to vanilla stock clothing and robes.  Anyone know of some good (BBB) replacers for clothing that is in a very similar cup size to these armours?

Almost none of them are purely vanilla  in this pack. Compatible armor replacers are listed in the OP (as a txt file). Clothings are not included

They are mostly B~E cup (in HGEC convention). I'm not much into overly big or small boobs.

Thanks again Movomo. Just need to find a "clean" source for Blender.  Tried from one page and it wanted to add a bunch of other things that my anti virus claimed it would harm my computer. Too bad could not do this with Autocad.  Know that system quite well but that is for engineering.

if you are firm with autcad, you can still import/export from and to 3dsmax.

they made a plugin or tool for that purpose downloadable on the autodesk website.

but you'll still have to edit a lot in 3dsmax afterwards and i dont know if it will maintain the 3dsmax stuff when converting

• 4 weeks later...

Stage 1 of Mirthril Armor mesh (Yuravica) seems to have texture issues.  Texture properties seem to be linked together, and they're all the same.  Initial setting means you don't get your race's skin textures, and changing the body to "skin" changes the armour textures to skin as well.

It's a fairly easy fix by deleting the body with nifscope and importing a new one from another of the pieces.

In case you run into this issue with other meshes which use some form of 'special' body not easily fixed like that (for example a body with cutout portions underneath the clothes, or arms/legs cut off to avoid sleeve/boot clipping), select 'Spells > Optimize > Split Properties'. Normally this works without fail and allows to assign different properties to the branches, although rarely I have seen Nifs before that outright refuse to 'accept' this spell.

• 3 weeks later...