BreakArmor for Vanilla Armors (Last Update: 130115)

you did a post? must have lost that one...

and yes' date=' i dont have boots or gloves yet, because i couldt make those.

i tried just copying in some HGEC hands and make the other mesh transparant, but the hands would have serious clipping issues with the gloves.

same problem as with the boots...

[/quote']

It should be possible to do it with slightly smaller hands than normal, as long as the weight painting is good. Just use Seam Mender to mend the wrists after you shrink the hands, and the new Bone Weight Copy script to copy the weight painting.

i'm not using blender (yet) but i definitely will give it a try.

Or you can just disable the alpha property of gauntlets and boots.

The clipping issue on the hands and feet is very... troublesome. Just disable transparency and it'll be fine.

Ok I have a quick question, I've installed all the packs just now and was surprised to see that the armor in game were still the vanilla ones, after a bit of lurking around the forums and looking at the BreakArmor.ini I realized that it was because Break Armor recognize armor in the following structure:

Armor.nif

Armor_ba1.nif

Armor_ba#.nif

But the armors that are installed here are as follows:

Armor_ba1.nif

Armor_ba2.nif

Armor_ba#.nif

Thus why the game loaded the default armor.

I've renamed the nif so that it would work as intented and it did, so my question is: Is this supposed to be that way or did I screw up somewhere in my installation? And if it's supposed to be that way is there a way to alter the BreakArmor.ini so that it recognize the meshes directly without having to rename hundreds of files?

I'm using the latest version of BreakArmor.

Ok I have a quick question' date=' I've installed all the packs just now and was surprised to see that the armor in game were still the vanilla ones, after a bit of lurking around the forums and looking at the BreakArmor.ini I realized that it was because Break Armor recognize armor in the following structure:

[/quote']

My understanding is that the Vanilla Break Armors package doesn't replace the base nif, just the break nifs.

There should be an attachment on the first page named DL links for the original replacer mods.txt. That will give you the base nifs in addition to the break nifs.

Ok I have a quick question' date=' I've installed all the packs just now and was surprised to see that the armor in game were still the vanilla ones, after a bit of lurking around the forums and looking at the BreakArmor.ini I realized that it was because Break Armor recognize armor in the following structure:

[/quote']

My understanding is that the Vanilla Break Armors package doesn't replace the base nif, just the break nifs.

There should be an attachment on the first page named DL links for the original replacer mods.txt. That will give you the base nifs in addition to the break nifs.

Oh, I see, I didn't know those were nedeed, thank you very much.

BUMP! patch 130101a

piolski has reported some of my stupid mistakes. Thanks for pointing them out.

So I've corrected the install script.

-Chingari DB armor texture path

-Steel armor now you can select steel armor

If you're not interested in those armors you don't need this patch

http://www.mediafire.com/?r5ocaoy2axgd8ed

Updated omod conversion data. You can unpack the omod and overwrite with this, repack, and reinstall.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b6cjvdlgdmdohdm

Or, full 7z package

http://www.mediafire.com/?a8dd0bu7d1d3bfa

Or, full new omod

there is an error with full new omod' date=' the windo to select blackwood pops up twice, the second time you only get to pick rad87's or none

[/quote']

There are only two options for the steel armor and the blackwood armor, rad87 or none. What do you mean it pops up twice? I don't see any apparent error in the script. You sure that the previous select menu wasn't about the steel armor?

Any chance you could switch to a Wrye Bash installer?

Don't switch. Support both perhaps' date=' but don't switch.

[/quote']

For some reason recent wrye bash builds seriously seem to piss off my oblivion. (I believe it didn't before) I don't think this is un-solvable, buuut mostly due to my laziness I just leave them alone then it's just fine and happy.

I know many guys use only bash but there is a problem. If you use bash but not obmm, you can simply install obmm by drag&drop and activate the omod. But in the other way around it's not so simple you know.

Well actually the main reason is that I don't know much about bain installer. does bain support some arbitary script?

there is an error with full new omod' date=' the windo to select blackwood pops up twice, the second time you only get to pick rad87's or none

[/quote']

There are only two options for the steel armor and the blackwood armor, rad87 or none. What do you mean it pops up twice? I don't see any apparent error in the script. You sure that the previous select menu wasn't about the steel armor?

the problem was my stupidity ^^

Awesome! I really like this VBA system and armors.

So' date=' because I want to use this continuously,

If you have extra time, I request making BA using this replacer to you.

(http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/24194 - Duddly01

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/34164 - with BBB)

Always thank you for all your trouble!

[/quote']

We could always use a hand.

If you're feeling up for a fun challenge, grab a ready to go copy of Blender, read the tutorial, and have fun!

ok' date=' so it wont look strange if i use a vanilla-like male stock-armor-replacer?

anyway on some of the robes the gloves/hands are missing.

shouldnt take much to fix that.

[/quote']

O_o

What I did was just putting vashar's meshes into the pack.

But yes shouldn't take much to fix that. I'll take a look. Thanks for pointing those.