BreakArmor for Vanilla Armors (Last Update: 130115)

well no more CTD!!! instead I get a screen full of purple fragments upon breakage of the iron cuirass, but no CTD :) Is that a texture problem maybe? the cuirass displays fine in its non broken state. BTW is there maybe some screenshots of what RAD's iron armour is supposed to look like? as the iron armour that is displayed on my character is just the EVE default iron armour. Like I said before do you think that I shoul uninstall EVE and the unofficial patch to see if its struggling with displaying the correct meshes?

thanks for the support btw :)

ok I'll try again with Rad's iron armour... and the thing with the Bravil gaurds isn't the only instance where iron armour was equipped. It happens when loading a save and it is equipped on my character even though I never had iron armour in my inventory... ??? this must also be happening to the Bravil gaurds :(

anyway I'll check out your fix and see if that helps :)

Well' date=' maybe this could help you if we are lucky. I've never added any code that adds an iron armor to guards' inventory, or force equipping any NPC's armor.

- Delete this mod and see if the bug is gone.

- Make sure that you aren't exceeding the mod number limit.

- Make sure that your bashed patch has been built properly - if you use it.

With those two things' harmony, pretty much anything could happen.

===================

edit

well no more CTD!!! instead I get a screen full of purple fragments upon breakage of the iron cuirass, but no CTD :) Is that a texture problem maybe? the cuirass displays fine in its non broken state. BTW is there maybe some screenshots of what RAD's iron armour is supposed to look like? as the iron armour that is displayed on my character is just the EVE default iron armour. Like I said before do you think that I shoul uninstall EVE and the unofficial patch to see if its struggling with displaying the correct meshes?

thanks for the support btw :)

That's ok too. I myself have installed that using the omod but fine. re-install it (I know, it's a pain) or make sure you have these files:

in your Textures\\yaarmironbu folder.

Oh, and you use EVE? What EVE stands for? Eyecandy Variants Expansion? If it is, you have not overwrited your original cuirass.nif. (OR- obmm script didn't work properly. How could this happen? Check your obmm version.)

And this is irrelevant to the UOPs. I use them either.

What I meant to say in the above post is that in my data/meshes/armor/iron/f folder I have a cuirass.nif thats not installed by this mod as this mod doesn't install a cuirass.nif but instead installs the nifs numbered 1-4, so I was wondering if maybe it was reading the cuirass.nif thats installed by the unofficial patch or EVE causing the problems I'm getting.

ok I'll try again with Rad's iron armour... and the thing with the Bravil gaurds isn't the only instance where iron armour was equipped. It happens when loading a save and it is equipped on my character even though I never had iron armour in my inventory... ??? this must also be happening to the Bravil gaurds :(

anyway I'll check out your fix and see if that helps :)

Well' date=' maybe this could help you if we are lucky. I've never added any code that adds an iron armor to guards' inventory, or force equipping any NPC's armor.

- Delete this mod and see if the bug is gone.

- Make sure that you aren't exceeding the mod number limit.

- Make sure that your bashed patch has been built properly - if you use it.

With those two things' harmony, pretty much anything could happen.

[/quote']

Ok so I tried without this mod and everything runs normal... I think it has something to do with having those cuirass.nifs,greaves.nifs etc. that are in the same folders that are causing problems... for the stages maybe instead of say cuirass1.nif try cuirass.nif so as to overwrite any previous mods as I don't want to uninstall the unofficial patch (I won't pretend I know anything about this though).

Ok so I tried without this mod and everything runs normal... I think it has something to do with having those cuirass.nifs' date='greaves.nifs etc. that are in the same folders that are causing problems... for the stages maybe instead of say cuirass1.nif try cuirass.nif so as to overwrite any previous mods as I don't want to uninstall the unofficial patch (I won't pretend I know anything about this though).

[/quote']

Fine, I'll explain those things.

The reason why our cuirass1~4.nif are installed in the very same folder as EVE, is because EVE is a vanilla armor replacer. Vanilla Oblivion has cuirass.nif in that folder too. If you install cuirass.nif from EVE as a 'loose' file, it override your Oblivion - Meshes.bsa and display EVE's instead of vanilla iron armor.

Why this mod does install cuirass1~4.nif but doesn't install cuirass.nif? My intention was this. There is a yet another armor replacer called 'Yet Another Armor Replacer Mod - YAARM'. If someone already uses Yaarm, they do not need to install cuirass.nif again, it makes them anxious when the "Overwrite warning" window opens. In your case, you're already using EVE replacer, so I assume you do not want your cuirass.nif to be overwrited by my cuirass.nif. I don't want to interfere with other modders' works.

(Moreover, we don't have no right to release other modders' works)

This is why uninstalling EVE is not needed.

I still don't have any idea why the game makes some NPCs or you to get equipped with iron armor.

I'll test it more and see if that thing also happens to me. Does that only happen when you load your save first time, right?

P.S And see my post #102. I've edited it.

Ok so I tried without this mod and everything runs normal... I think it has something to do with having those cuirass.nifs' date='greaves.nifs etc. that are in the same folders that are causing problems... for the stages maybe instead of say cuirass1.nif try cuirass.nif so as to overwrite any previous mods as I don't want to uninstall the unofficial patch (I won't pretend I know anything about this though).

[/quote']

Fine, I'll explain those things.

The reason why our cuirass1~4.nif are installed in the very same folder as EVE, is because EVE is a vanilla armor replacer. Vanilla Oblivion has cuirass.nif in that folder too. If you install cuirass.nif from EVE as a 'loose' file, it override your Oblivion - Meshes.bsa and display EVE's instead of vanilla iron armor.

Why this mod does install cuirass1~4.nif but doesn't install cuirass.nif? My intention was this. There is a yet another armor replacer called 'Yet Another Armor Replacer Mod - YAARM'. If someone already uses Yaarm, they do not need to install cuirass.nif again, it makes them anxious when the "Overwrite warning" window opens. In your case, you're already using EVE replacer, so I assume you do not want your cuirass.nif to be overwrited by my cuirass.nif. I don't want to interfere with other modders' works.

This is why uninstalling EVE is not needed.

I still don't have any idea why the game makes some NPCs or you to get equipped with iron armor.

I'll test it more and see if that thing also happens to me. Does that only happen when you load your save first time, right?

P.S And see my post #102. I've edited it.

Ahh ok cool ... and no I don't particularly care if I overright EVE or the unofficial patch I was just wondering if thats why it was displaying the meshes from those (EVE) instead of this mod. So if I wanted to match the breakundies armors included here to the unbroken nif (so that the style doesn't changed when ripped) I should use YAARM's right?

ok cool the iron cuirass breaks down normally now :)

but now I have the same problem with the greaves where upon breaking they go invisible so I have no lower section at all. also the leather greaves don't break down at all for me.

Again??????

o_o;;;;

well it should work. What options you chose for the iron and the leather armor? because it's displayed normally for me.

If you cannot see your lower body at all (totally invisible), it's missing meshes. There should be greaves.nif and greaves1~4.nif in your Meshes\Armor\Iron\F folder.

If you can see your bare legs but greaves, probably it's texture problem. Check your Yaarm iron armor texture folder and compare it to the image I attached before.

Actually, I thank you because while I check my ini to figure out what part is so wrong, I found a missing part. But no, no errors found in ini or leather armor script.

Fine' date=' I'll explain those things.

[/quote']

Thats a bad approach. The BU meshes will usually be different than what a person has as his base armor mesh. For example if one chooses mine darkbrotherhood armor he will go from unbroken stock brotherhood armor to broken remodeled chingari catsuit. So unbroken meshes should be included in the Vanilla BU replacer. Just set it up so it installs in a folder like data\meshes\armors\stockbu\iron\f\ then it won't overwrite anything and when uninstalled the user will be back to what he had before the install. I agree that the best thing would be to have permission from the original makers of the base meshes but when I use someone elses mesh I edit it first, sometimes quite extensively, so it's not like we include someones original work, and we do credit them, right? So at least most of them should be ok with that, and if someone isn't we can exclude that armor from the pack and replace it with something else

Fine' date=' I'll explain those things.

[/quote']

Thats a bad approach. The BU meshes will usually be different than what a person has as his base armor mesh. For example if one chooses mine darkbrotherhood armor he will go from unbroken stock brotherhood armor to broken remodeled chingari catsuit. So unbroken meshes should be included in the Vanilla BU replacer. Just set it up so it installs in a folder like data\meshes\armors\stockbu\iron\f\ then it won't overwrite anything and when uninstalled the user will be back to what he had before the install. I agree that the best thing would be to have permission from the original makers of the base meshes but when I use someone elses mesh I edit it first, sometimes quite extensively, so it's not like we include someones original work, and we do credit them, right? So at least most of them should be ok with that, and if someone isn't we can exclude that armor from the pack and replace it with something else

The problem with that approach is that you need to create an esp that overwrites the base nif path for every single armor mesh in the game.

This can cause problems.

Now, assuming that the BU Test framework is successful (I'm looking for a solution to what I consider to be a show-stopping bug at the moment), I could use the vanilla mesh paths as an array key that points to the BU meshes. It would require some changes to the ini file to work.

The problem with that approach is that you need to create an esp that overwrites the base nif path for every single armor mesh in the game.

This can cause problems.

Now' date=' assuming that the BU Test framework is successful (I'm looking for a solution to what I consider to be a show-stopping bug at the moment), I could use the vanilla mesh paths as an array key that points to the BU meshes. It would require some changes to the ini file to work.

[/quote']

Well anyone actually tested what would happen if we supplied different nif in the ini for the unbroken mesh than in the esp it refers to? From looking a the bu scripts I think it shouldn't care what was declared in the esp.

Whats that game breaking bug?

This can cause problems.

Now' date=' assuming that the BU Test framework is successful (I'm looking for a solution to what I consider to be a show-stopping bug at the moment), I could use the vanilla mesh paths as an array key that points to the BU meshes. It would require some changes to the ini file to work.

[/quote']

Well anyone actually tested what would happen if we supplied different nif in the ini for the unbroken mesh than in the esp it refers to? From looking a the bu scripts I think it shouldn't care what was declared in the esp.

Under the current setup of the BU system if you supply a different nif than what is called out in the esp you'll get either an error or an invisible armor. Remember that both the nif path and the formid are used in the esp and ini for the unbroken armor.

Now I don't have a clue what happens with what gerra6 is working on if he is writing a mesh only script.

Under the current setup of the BU system if you supply a different nif than what is called out in the esp you'll get either an error or an invisible armor. Remember that both the nif path and the formid are used in the esp and ini for the unbroken armor.

Now I don't have a clue what happens with what gerra6 is working on if he is writing a mesh only script.

I decided to create an alternate BU system from scratch (compatible with the current BU ini files) that is dependent only on the mesh file paths and an ini file that categorizes all of the paths. So far it works extremely well with two exceptions.

Model path changes using SetBipedModelPathEX changes the model path for all objects using that object ID. I'm working on a few possible solutions to this problem, but at the moment it's a bit nasty.

Random crash with certain armors. I *suspect* that this crash was due to some oddness in the BreakUndies_Stock.ini file. I've stripped out all unnecessary entries from the ini file and haven't had the same crash...but I'm not entirely convinced that I've solved the problem.

I'll also be adding some tweaks that modify how often the script runs checks on different NPC's depending on whether or not they are in combat, whether BU items were previously found on them, etc.

Take a look at the latest revision if you like.

Model path changes using SetBipedModelPathEX changes the model path for all objects using that object ID. I'm working on a few possible solutions to this problem' date=' but at the moment it's a bit nasty.

[/quote']

So how was it done by the original BU, I'm pretty sure it didn't use clone form. Unless there is the same issue in it and we just didn't observe it.

To clarify' date=' I would need to add a custom handler, probably an additional quest stage.

SetBipedModelPathEX changes the model path of the base object. This means that I either need to clone the object before applying the changes or I need to come up with a array management system that remembers NPC's with BU compatible meshes, the last known state of their mesh, and purges the data when the NPC is no longer nearby (or after X-time for a non-persistent reference)

Model path changes using SetBipedModelPathEX changes the model path for all objects using that object ID. I'm working on a few possible solutions to this problem' date=' but at the moment it's a bit nasty.

[/quote']

So how was it done by the original BU, I'm pretty sure it didn't use clone form. Unless there is the same issue in it and we just didn't observe it.

Keep in mind, BU armors did not replace stock armors. Stock armors are...plentiful.

At the moment, I'm working on a few possible solutions. We'll see how they turn out.

Keep in mind' date=' BU armors did not replace stock armors. Stock armors are...plentiful.

[/quote']

You've got the point here. But that means that our Vanilla BU will have the same problem if we'll use the BU Framework.

I think you could call yours BBU Framework (for Better BU). Well we should actually don't use the name Break Undies because thats plain stupid. What undies gets broken? Armors gets broken. So it should rather be Break Armor Framework ar Armor Break Framework.

so the leather greaves just broke for me at 50 I just hadn't damaged them enough so sorry about that. however still having the invisible body for the rusty iron set (both the cuirass and the greaves).

I'd check if meshes\armor\iron\f\ has all the nifs and that none of the nifs has its name misspeled - for example ciurass1.nif instead of cuirass1.nif

so the leather greaves just broke for me at 50 I just hadn't damaged them enough so sorry about that. however still having the invisible body for the rusty iron set (both the cuirass and the greaves).

I'd check if meshes\armor\iron\f\ has all the nifs and that none of the nifs has its name misspeled - for example ciurass1.nif instead of cuirass1.nif

thanks man, and btw thats only with the rusty iron set and not the normal iron set as that displays fine.

edit: well they are all there :(

thanks man' date=' and btw thats only with the rusty iron set and not the normal iron set as that displays fine.

edit: well they are all there :(

[/quote']

Rusty iron set has a script attached to it in Vanilla Oblivion so I guess that Movomo messed something up with it

Is there a way to make the Lovers BU destruction options functional with this mod?

You could select the oblivion.esm in the Lover's BU settings but that would make every armor from vanilla durability go down during rape/sex (depending on how did you set up it) not only the ones that have BU meshes ready. That wouldn't crash or anything just that there would be no effect other than durability going down for the armors not yet included in Vanilla BU project