Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

On 5/6/2022 at 11:18 PM, NutBoi said:

Question: In the beginning when you're asked how much experience you have with animals how much of the dialogue does that effect?

If you say 'none', Theana will ask you if you want to try Bailey.  That's about it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just mentioning here that in my particular setup, for some truly strange reason having Animal Mansion 0.42 installed makes the Sexlab MCM blank when starting a new game. No idea why or how this would be happening. My guess would be that I've installed AM4 incorrectly somehow

9 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Just mentioning here that in my particular setup, for some truly strange reason having Animal Mansion 0.42 installed makes the Sexlab MCM blank when starting a new game. No idea why or how this would be happening. My guess would be that I've installed AM4 incorrectly somehow

Try this. I've seen the blank MCM in DCL, but the process should work for other mods too.

1. Start a new game.
2. Wait 30 secs, or not at all. It's really just telling Skyrim that you MEAN it. Or so.
3. Quit to menu.
4. Start another new game.
5. Enjoy. 

I know you don't really ask that. But how is the development of version 1.0 progressing. It would be nice to know what awaits us in 1.0.

Could someone actually find out why Jailrape annoys the mod. That the followers and animals do not want to follow into the villa.

On 6/8/2022 at 5:27 AM, raeder87 said:

Wrong load order, incompatible mods or save etc... choose your poison. :D

On 6/10/2022 at 11:12 AM, tasairis said:

Yeah, I can't possibly imagine how this would be responsible for that. It's probably just normal MCM shenanigans.

Absolutely. I just updated something like 60 mods all at once, installed some new ones, uninstalled some old ones... there's like a 100% chance it's some sort of weird incompatibility in my load order that just happened to go away when I uninstalled AM4. Given that this seems to be the only time this has ever been reported here (or in any sexlab or animal mansion thread that I could find), it's undoubtedly completely unique to my setup.

I did some considerable searching through the nexus forums, the LL forums, and google, and have only seen similar issues (i.e. blank MCM menus) three or four times. Not a common occurrence.

Try this. I've seen the blank MCM in DCL, but the process should work for other mods too.

If I ever have this issue again, I will, thanks!

On 6/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, Unicom1981 said:

I know you don't really ask that. But how is the development of version 1.0 progressing. It would be nice to know what awaits us in 1.0.

Could someone actually find out why Jailrape annoys the mod. That the followers and animals do not want to follow into the villa.

NPCs not following is almost always navmesh problems. As in some other mod (loaded after this one) modifies the area around the building and NPCs no longer now how to find the door. It's going to be a fairly common problem right now because this mod is an ESM and must load at the beginning, and while I'd like to keep that because it's "correct", giving up and letting people rearrange it as an ESP would be easier than packaging a second override-only ESP just to resolve conflicts. Still not sure what to do there.

As for 1.0, that's going to be a ways off because I've decided what I want in there is more than I was originally thinking for the next release. So the next one will probably be like 0.9.

In it I intend to have: rewritten main quests at least up through the sabre cat, Jesper, Jala, random clients inside the Mansion, a few random quests outside the Mansion, and the beginning of what I'll call "the 0.x season finale". The quests through the wolf, Jesper, most of Jala but I'm still playing around with her character, most of the bear, and some of the random quests are done.

What I'm currently working on is exactly how I can make like four different conflicting things happen at the same time. I came up with a pretty good idea for how to deal with three of them, but the fourth really conflicts, so I'll either have to convince myself it's not important or figure out how I can fit it into the scheme.

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

What I'm currently working on is exactly how I can make like four different conflicting things happen at the same time. I came up with a pretty good idea for how to deal with three of them, but the fourth really conflicts, so I'll either have to convince myself it's not important or figure out how I can fit it into the scheme.

if your not talking about technical conflicts perhaps this community can help or even if they are technical I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to help sand off the rough edges

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 4:31 PM, tasairis said:

In it I intend to have: rewritten main quests at least up through the sabre cat, Jesper, Jala, random clients inside the Mansion, a few random quests outside the Mansion, and the beginning of what I'll call "the 0.x season finale". The quests through the wolf, Jesper, most of Jala but I'm still playing around with her character, most of the bear, and some of the random quests are done.

Curious when your saying that quests will be rewritten, are you referring to just the original AM or saying your redoing the quests you have done already in the past betas? Really looking forward to what   you have been working on, Hope all is well!

On 6/25/2022 at 3:33 PM, PippinTom said:

Diablo II was rather disappointing after months, years even

Certainly you're mistaking D3 or D4 or Immoral with D2..? As for AM, no one's forcing you to wait and you don't have to put your life on pause waiting for it to come out, that's just... Desperate ;3 The author's progress is steady and honestly within expectations, all things considered.

If you're disappointed by this iteration of AM, at least be constructive about what exactly turned you off or simply don't use it at all if it's completely unlikeable to you for no specific reason. This isn't a case of White Knight on my part, you just seem to lack basic information and understanding of how this whole mods thing works.

If I somehow did not understand what you were trying to say(That being that you consider this MA a disappointment, as far as I can tell), feel free to correct me.

Edited by Violence6884
29 minutes ago, Violence6884 said:

The author's progress is steady and honestly within expectations, all things considered

Yeah - correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't it been ~year now since last release of anything testable? So technically there is nothing solid to back up theory that anything is actually progressing at all, but of course you are fully entitled to believe in anything you like.

30 minutes ago, Violence6884 said:

you just seem to lack basic information and understanding of how this whole mods thing works

Are you playing shrink with me? That's probably not cool, but if it turns you on then please continue.

So I hereby used an opportunity to correct your misunderstanding of what I tried to say - my point is that my brain is my enemy when it comes to extremely prolonged waiting for things, thus in my life I DO NOT follow any announcements threads for movies, games, anything - Its all just fucking sadistic marketing designed to torment people and make them addicted to something that is even not yet available.

So I tried to express that even IF (not WHEN) AM will be released eventually my brain may be at that time so overheated with expectations (pumped solely by time passed not features or anything else) that I'll fail to enjoy main event.

What makes me sad.

PS:

Isn't it obvious that I have nothing against AM?

It's just that modder guy/gal that pisses me off :P - can't (s)he just quit his job and abandon family to focus on AM alone? wouldn't that make everyone here more happy?

1 hour ago, PippinTom said:

[...]

You're right, it's been a long while. That's the thing with mods and their authors though, it is what it is. Checking the dates of the last release ETC, I stand partially corrected.

I'm not playing anything at all though, I read what you said and disagreed, noting how it's probably not beneficial to cling on like that. Let it go and one day come back to check, and it might pleasantly surprise you- Or not... And that's fine in the case of mods.

I get it, I really do- What you're saying about being trained by news and hype and... Marketing techniques, to the degree that those could ever apply to a mod. Still, from a point on you should be able to filter out all that and just move on. Check back every now and then, that's all. No need to let it get to you on such a level. Having said that, I do understand what you're saying.

And no, it's not obvious you have nothing against it. In fact I don't take things for granted when it comes to forums posts ETC.

Hey, you do you in the end. The TLDR of what I wrote is kick back and forget about this, just check every now and then if the mod interests you. Don't get too turned up about mods, the authors are neither tied, nor bound nor obligated, in any way. It's all just words and surprises in the end.

Newb question, looks like some of you managed to get it to work on LE version of Skyrim. How do I do that?

Never needed to run SE mod before, I am using NMM and the game wont start at all. D'oh!

Thank you for any hints.

Just found this thread and no idea if the following is old news: my PC currently has 6 hookers following her and all have been "jumped" by dogs and horses at one time or another.  My point is that they could easily be persuaded to appear in mass creature orgies as entertainers and that this should be a standard side show on both hooking and AM 4. prostitution either forced or willing makes women inured to sex of any kind and this is well within that level as it was quite common a century ago and is still not rare even now.

my current PC almost rolled up to AM with several in tow until I wondered if it was a good idea. AM would be a nice retirement home for hookers IMO

Edited by Will55

I posted this on the AMP page but thought that it could be useful here, but a question, how far has the development gone here with this version?

Ok finished the questline;

Skeevers stopped at stage 50 so setstage 60 solved that.

Falmer/chauri were NPs and my char could scarcely walk afterwards.

The Draug creep went as expected but I would not let him touch my PC who is an animal fetishist not a hooker and does not like human males.

The Sabretooth cause CTDs in the Robbers' Gorge area and all stages had to be consoled to complete. Strangely enough the Falmer cave was right in this area and my char had NPs entering it SO the problems lies within the Sabretooth part of the mod and there is no doubt about that.

The bear was not where my char was told that he was and when he returned to Temba she was being raped by the bear. No wonder she dislikes them. No idea if this was the mod or accident.

Spiders were NPs at all although I had to move the quest along via console once as a randy spider pre-empted it all by bonking the client before I could talk to her.

The companion quest was wrong. She was hired for an animal show NOT as a hooker and Vilkas and Farkas as werewolves were acceptable only then.

I would not let Torvar near my char and consoled that step on my kept playthrough.

To assume that an animal fetishist is also a whore misses the point as while some are, most are not and keep it all secret. and you would be surprised.

However, whores with loads of mileage can be paid to do anything with any creature as they become inured to it all ("just another dick!") But the main char in AMP is NOT necessarily a whore at all.

Not happy about the need for the public shows WRT the dogs/horse as while the PC has her animal fetish in private, she is after all the dragonborn. Yes, I know I am being picky.

Sorry about shoving in the ethics here but that is how I see it.

I think that the mod converter has made a damn good job here considering that he cannot scribe

and my thanks for the near +100 vials of creature semen added to my wild won collection of such.?

I add here that I see some gross limitation in such mods as "More aroused creatures"(more dogs and horses and occasional chickens and goats) and "One with nature" as despite marking all as "friendly" in the latter my PC's trips into the wild to collect her "alchemy" vials were not that successful as every creature attacked my char and only the subsequent defeat rapes had any products. It should be possible to walk around and happily bonk any and every creature if only for the alchemy reagents, (Sure! ?).

As well, my hookers would probably like some training here seeing as they are regularly jumped by the aroused creatures and are still young and curious.

Daddy chill. This is an entirely different version which means only the places and some characters matches but the story is basically new. There arent even draugs spiders and skeevers in the mod. This version have only a few start quest which ends with ur first client. No radiant quests at all. You should complain with this in the other version where it makes sense. :)

On 7/5/2022 at 12:49 PM, Will55 said:

I posted this on the AMP page[...]

Sorry about shoving in the ethics here but that is how I see it[...]

I think that the mod converter has made a damn good job here considering that he cannot scribe and my thanks for the near +100 vials of creature semen added to my wild won collection of such[...]

I add here that I see some gross limitation in such mods[...]

As well, my hookers would probably like some training here seeing as they are regularly jumped by the aroused creatures and are still young and curious.

Excuse me, but... What kind of feverish LSD day dreams inspired what ever this gibberish is?... I am honestly amused and baffled by this whole write up, so thank you for the prior at the very least! Good job, if your intent was to find the wrong thread and appear cynical, pretentious and stuck up. Dear me, the "Mod Converter" might never "Scribe" again after this, you killed it!

Hey, good stuff, you went full YOLO/R-Word there... No brakes! 10/10!

Edited by Violence6884
On 7/5/2022 at 11:49 AM, Will55 said:

posted this on the AMP page but thought that it could be useful here, but a question, how far has the development gone here with this version?

It is a bit different than AMP in terms of character development and overall mechanics. The questline ends after buying dog and performing show for first client. That's it right now. Also the player character in AMP IS a whore...literally. That's the whole premise of animal mansion. 

On 7/7/2022 at 3:54 AM, Violence6884 said:

Excuse me, but... What kind of feverish LSD day dreams inspired what ever this gibberish is?... I am honestly amused and baffled by this whole write up, so thank you for the prior at the very least! Good job, if your intent was to find the wrong thread and appear cynical, pretentious and stuck up. Dear me, the "Mod Converter" might never "Scribe" again after this, you killed it!

Hey, good stuff, you went full YOLO/R-Word there... No brakes! 10/10!

Wow! Nice little rant! 

Disagreeing with what I say is perfectly acceptable and I did mean it as that is how i see it, like it or not.

Disagreeing with how I said it, measures your petty childishness and insecurity.

Maybe you should grow up or is that impossible?

I hope that you find your dummy/soother soon.

4 hours ago, Koiana said:

It is a bit different than AMP in terms of character development and overall mechanics. The questline ends after buying dog and performing show for first client. That's it right now. Also the player character in AMP IS a whore...literally. That's the whole premise of animal mansion. 

Thanks! That was what I wanted to know as I will now put it on the back burner.

AMP was okay even though it needed help now and then but my playthrough had far less problems than most seem to have although SSEedit was often open to be certain.

Bestiality is far more common than most think but is almost always private. I can understand the need for "private shows" but I disliked having my char perform in public.

>100 years ago every brothel had its animal girl but this seems less common now. 

Having a fetish is one thing. Showing it to the world is another thing.

BTW most female chars using LL mods/animations are almost always whores from what I read here. Perhaps i have this wrong? With aroused creatures installed NPCs can scarcely walk past a dog/horse until I upped the conditions to give them a break.

5 minutes ago, Will55 said:

most female chars using LL mods/animations are almost always

Being whore as profession is one thing. being whore as person is another thing, being whore in gaming software is third thing... Also, tasairis is still developing this version and he doesn't look too concern about comment posted... so, leave him at peace to finish his job to his liking - after that rant all you want. What's he done so far is great, so have a patience or play some other mods if you are not satisfied with current state.

Peace.