Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

On 12/27/2021 at 6:40 AM, ChrisHPZ said:

Hi tasairis, hope you had a great holiday. I was wondering if you're going to make a dedicated mod page anytime soon. Finding the latest download links can be a bit of a chore given all the comments in this topic. 

Yes, after 0.5 (and whatever other minor updates come shortly after that) would be 0.6 and 0.7, and one of those two will end up being "1.0" and getting a regular mod page.

On 12/27/2021 at 7:50 AM, albiondave said:

The horses have disappeared.   I complete the quest, lead them to the stalls and then next time I return they are gone, never to be seen again.

Something's weird with the horses. Check if they went back to Markarth - I don't know why they would, but that's happened for someone.

With both the wolf and the bear, saving "Nevermind" causes me to mount and invisible horse.   Having once "ridden" the wolf and bear, I am then plagued by them following me around Skyrim (not together...  the wolf sticks to Falkreath, but the bear prefers Markarth/Ivarstead), so whenever I take a carriage somewhere, one or the other tends to be there waiting for me.

Known bug. 0.5 will fix how that interaction works to not do the stupid thing it's doing.

The middle lines of the dialog frequently zip past really quickly.  Have Fus Ro D'Oh running normally and it's not all the time, but frequent enough to be missing out on one of the best parts of @tasairis contribution ... good, immersive, realistic dialog.

I don't know. Fuz really should solve all that...

I couldn't tell you whats based on your papyrus log, but I do IT for a living, and this is what I would do....

Define the problem: Are you crashing, what are the symptoms of the issue.
then ask yourself what changed... When did this issue start occurring. Did it coincide with any system updates. Did you add a new mod...  once you have established correlation go for causation try to remove a few mods at time. (I do the bottom half first.) If the issue goes away... Enable 1/2 of those. If the issue comes back you've narrowed your issue down to 25% of the mods you've installed. From there you can use trial an error until you've narrowed it down.

I'm having a weird issue trying to finish the first dog quest. I have to go to a dog seller to buy a dog for the mansion but I'm stuck at the "evaluate three dogs" part.

I went to the dogs, initiate the sceces and completed them but the quest objective does not update, it still said "Evaluate 3 dogs (0/3)

Anyone have the quest stage commands for this quest so I can get pass this?

The quests involving Bailey before this works well, so the mod can recognize creature sex and complete the quest objectives fine, it's just this part that's a bit problematic

15 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Unless that changed since I played last time (highly likely) there are 6 dogs around and only 3 of them "count".

You "just" got unlucky and chose the wrong ones.

Keep getting humped by the dogs until neither of you can stand anymore and you are likely successfully finishing the quest.

There are three black and three white huskies, I'm assuming that it's 3 male (white) and 3 females (black)? When talking to the vendor, there are two options for male and female dogs and I picked the former since I'm playing a female PC. I then went and evaluated all three white ones and nothing happens, and the three black ones don't have the option pop up like the others.

Do I have to evaluate the dogs multiple times? I also did the 3P option to try it out and that didn't count either

Using console command does not work. skipping the quest to the next stage just makes the dialogues bug out

Edited by asianboy345

It might be that you have a conflicting mod.

Or you have encountered a bug.

Or venus is not in conjunction with mars.

Last time I played all dogs had the same coating but back then I had a similar problem. No matter how much I "tested" the dogs it only did count to 2/3 with 3 of the dogs not responsive at all.

Kinda fixed that through brute force i.e. trying it several times after loading a savegame from shortly before talking to the seller.

4 hours ago, agelmar said:

Just curious, will there be the option or an MCM to able skipping some creature quests?  Eg Spiders or Skeevers as not fan of those creature animations and would perfer not to have to install them.

Last time I played through this mod, I was able to refuse the Namira / Spider quest.

On 12/30/2021 at 3:56 AM, JesusKreist said:

Unless that changed since I played last time (highly likely) there are 6 dogs around and only 3 of them "count".

You "just" got unlucky and chose the wrong ones.

The ones that don't count do not give an activation popup, but using some other method wouldn't know about that. At some point I'm going to remove female animals entirely - they're just more hassle than they're worth right now, and that way I won't be able to forget about how not everyone turns on SL's "match creature genders" option.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:30 AM, agelmar said:

Just curious, will there be the option or an MCM to able skipping some creature quests?  Eg Spiders or Skeevers as not fan of those creature animations and would perfer not to have to install them.

There is/will be a way to skip everything except the dogs and horses, but it will be through choices made during the quest instead of some MCM action. The exact way you skip will vary:

- For normal animals like wolves and bears, there will probably still be some sex involved but it will use an NPC instead of the player

- For unappealing animals like skeevers, I might provide a way to avoid any sex, or else it'll be there but with an NPC - I'll try to remember to poll about that

- For special cases like spiders, there will be a way to avoid dealing with them entirely

On 12/29/2021 at 4:30 AM, tasairis said:

Something's weird with the horses. Check if they went back to Markarth - I don't know why they would, but that's happened for someone.

With me they hiked off again, I can't say where to go, but I'll have a look in Markarth.

4 hours ago, tasairis said:

The ones that don't count do not give an activation popup, but using some other method wouldn't know about that. At some point I'm going to remove female animals entirely - they're just more hassle than they're worth right now, and that way I won't be able to forget about how not everyone turns on SL's "match creature genders" option.

Will you then perhaps consider whether to acquire two male dogs in order to include the 3P animations or the human, human, animal animations in the client system?

Edited by Unicom1981
2 hours ago, Unicom1981 said:

Will you then perhaps consider whether to acquire two male dogs in order to include the 3P animations or the human, human, animal animations in the client system?

Yes, but not in that quest - it'll be a bit later when new stuff starts landing.

7 hours ago, tasairis said:

There is/will be a way to skip everything except the dogs and horses, but it will be through choices made during the quest instead of some MCM action. The exact way you skip will vary:

- For normal animals like wolves and bears, there will probably still be some sex involved but it will use an NPC instead of the player

- For unappealing animals like skeevers, I might provide a way to avoid any sex, or else it'll be there but with an NPC - I'll try to remember to poll about that

- For special cases like spiders, there will be a way to avoid dealing with them entirely

Thank you for the feedback, Tasairis.

Figured I'd tackle these 44 forum pages after AM+ wouldn't let me complete some quests... Turns out they won't run with a level-20 PC.

-But I read (almost) all the above replies anyway and have decided to wait until the pending v0.5 appears to "see for myself" and provide relevant feedback.

-A note: I is OLD. Like the-last-time-I-had-sex-was-B4-U-were-born old.

>The Name: AM4 makes me think there will be an AM5. If you like the "AMX" acronym, perhaps "Animal Mansion Expeditions" or Exhibitions or Explicit... Or even the antique X-Rated. I like "Animal Mansion Questacular," but there's already an AMQ.

>The Storyline: I love the idea of dialogue and story arcs. My biggest disappointment with AM+: get this creature, screw it, then put it in the basement to run boring animations. It's not that I don't appreciate all the hard work that went into making these animations (more work than I care to do), but there should be staged SOS mesh modifications, variable timings, etc. Since this mod is focused on using "what's out there," let me chuck a few more story development ideas your way.

-I'd love if AM-whatever could be more than a palace for exhibitionists or a school for deviance or a club for zoo-fans. In a prior post you had mentioned thoughts along the line of Dr. Dolittle: twist that idea a little. IRL animals do talk, just not in a symbolic (or even vocal) language like we two-legs learn to use. Like some human tongues, there's no past-present-future, for example. Could progressing through this mod and learning that sentinence is wide-spread earn benefits useful in the game, such as turning critters friendly (if the PC makes respectful choices) or offering warnings ("stay away!" if the PC makes disrespectful choices)?

-Probably goes far beyond the scope of Skyrim: PC does beast sex --> PC respects beasts --> PC listens to beasts --> PC apprentices to beasts --> PC studies under the beast gods --> PC realizes the god of gods --> PC goes beyond god to the quantum reality

>The entire reason I bought SSE was for these mods, but I love and appreciate how the labors of many have transformed this game into an entire world to explore. THANK YOU for sharing your imagination with us!

Edited by TR46
Formatting issues
8 hours ago, TR46 said:

Figured I'd tackle these 44 forum pages after AM+ wouldn't let me complete some quests...

How the hell did this thread make it to 44 pages?

8 hours ago, TR46 said:

The Storyline: I love the idea of dialogue and story arcs. My biggest disappointment with AM+: get this creature, screw it, then put it in the basement to run boring animations. It's not that I don't appreciate all the hard work that went into making these animations (more work than I care to do), but there should be staged SOS mesh modifications, variable timings, etc.

Sounds rather complicated... I've toyed with the idea of forcing an arousal state in some conditions, such as during quests, and haven't come up with much of a reason to do that.

8 hours ago, TR46 said:

I'd love if AM-whatever could be more than a palace for exhibitionists or a school for deviance or a club for zoo-fans. In a prior post you had mentioned thoughts along the line of Dr. Dolittle: twist that idea a little. IRL animals do talk, just not in a symbolic (or even vocal) language like we two-legs learn to use. Like some human tongues, there's no past-present-future, for example. Could progressing through this mod and learning that sentinence is wide-spread earn benefits useful in the game, such as turning critters friendly (if the PC makes respectful choices) or offering warnings ("stay away!" if the PC makes disrespectful choices)?

Probably goes far beyond the scope of Skyrim: PC does beast sex --> PC respects beasts --> PC listens to beasts --> PC apprentices to beasts --> PC studies under the beast gods --> PC realizes the god of gods --> PC goes beyond god to the quantum reality

That's straying from the "animal mansion" concept quite a bit, but it does sound like a very viable mod concept in its own right.

For AM I am trying to go a little more in depth, but with the situation and people - not so much the animals themselves. That said, of course there could be a quest or three that do stuff like that, such as the Doolittle series, or something Daedric, or some magical effect invented by The College, or a mysterious potion...

2 hours ago, SkeetTheYeet said:

So id like a little help, after having the first client pay, Theana does not talk to me about hiring someone else? 
I try talking to her but no option to bring that up to her, tried reloading saves from an earlier point and still the same problem

you reached the end of v0.4. more in v 0.5.

Going back a little to when the name of the mod was being considered, I just wanted to say that I really liked the name "Bailey's Bone Inn" before the building becomes the "Animal Mansion".

I was wondering if it would be possible to incorporate this name or some kind of innuendo in place of the Inn.

5 hours ago, Vaalesha said:

Going back a little to when the name of the mod was being considered, I just wanted to say that I really liked the name "Bailey's Bone Inn" before the building becomes the "Animal Mansion".

I was wondering if it would be possible to incorporate this name or some kind of innuendo in place of the Inn.

Maybe just leave it as "Bailey's Bone" everywhere within the mod and don't add Inn or change it to animal mansion. Kinda give it a club vibe.

"Welcome to Bailey's Bone"

"I hope you enjoy the entertainment here at Bailey's Bone"