Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

33 minutes ago, Will55 said:

Wow! Nice little rant! 

Disagreeing with what I say is perfectly acceptable and I did mean it as that is how i see it, like it or not.

Disagreeing with how I said it, measures your petty childishness and insecurity.

Maybe you should grow up or is that impossible?

I hope that you find your dummy/soother soon.

No, the how is very important aswell.

You can say:

"[slur for group of people] be poor"

or

"In my opinion [group of people] is economically disadvantaged"

the how makes all the difference.

In your case it's very hard to read what you mean to say since you go on and on about your gameplay mixed in with several other mods.

1 hour ago, Will55 said:

Wow! Nice little rant! 

I can't agree or disagree with what you said, as it is a collection of random head canon and irrelevant facts related to your LL adventures, on a thread that is not even relevant to your issues. I also can neither agree or disagree with how you said it, by all means express your self further, it's entertaining... I was also expressing what I thought about it, actually- Valid criticisms, if a bit subjective since it is after all, my opinion. For instance, you really are at the wrong place, there is nothing subjective about that. Now, whether or not your writing is messed up, I will admit is subjective as it highly depends on how much one chooses to abide to a few basic concepts, such as relevance, coherence ETC. Who knows, perhaps others here find what you wrote to be S tier poetry. Nevertheless I am, like you, free to speak my mind about all that. To quote you, "Like it or not"... :3

The rest of your reply to me is salt, which is delicious in many forms, if you have more then please let it flow!

Edited by Violence6884
1 hour ago, Will55 said:

100 years ago every brothel had its animal girl but this seems less common now. 

Source, please? Also "Less common" is a gigantic understatement, unless you also have a credible source that indicates that bestiality IRL is common enough for it to make sense for brothels to accommodate it- Or was, at one point, very common. Which, again, if true considering "IRL", then it will be a sad fact IMHO. Either way, do share your sources because these are some loaded statements you're making.

1 hour ago, Will55 said:

Bestiality is far more common than most think but is almost always private.

Even if it is more common than most people think, it is still not common at all, fortunately, when it comes to RL. It also depends on what one means by "Common", though here I'm using its proper, objective meaning. Literally... But by now it is evident that you mean different things with different words ;3 Hence the need for clarification on your part.

1 hour ago, Will55 said:

BTW most female chars using LL mods are almost always whores from what I read here. Perhaps I have this wrong? With aroused creatures installed NPCs can scarcely walk past a dog.

I have to ask, what do you think "Whore" means? How do you think it is related to specific fetishes?  What do you have against whores? And why do you assume and generalize so much? How does it affect your game play, what others do with mods, how they use them, and how they head canon it? By all means, at this point I am academically curious. Scientifically almost...

Edited by Violence6884

Using Wikipedia as a source (and it references a number of primary sources in the article), bestiality was likely to end up with imprisonment or death to the human and death to the animal from the 17th century onwards.  Russia, it seems, was the first to legalise bestiality back in 1903.

Can't find any sources whatsoever for girls performing with animals being an attraction in brothels.  Doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I can't find any.

2 hours ago, zigster999 said:

Using Wikipedia as a source, bestiality was likely to end up with imprisonment or death from the 17th century onwards. Can't find any sources for girls performing with animals being an attraction in brothels.  Doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I can't find any.

This takes care of whether or not any of those claims hold any water, beyond anecdotal evidence... And I don't think we should count exceptions that only serve to prove the rule, either, providing such can even be proven in turn. I would have preferred if the person asked did the searching on their own without the need for someone to dig for them, regardless of reasons, but at least doing so moved things forward. I wasn't keen on continuing that conversation admittedly; Will55 does seem to be confused, confounded, ill informed, rude, hypocritical, pretentious, self important, a sprinkle or two phobic or sexist(I can't quite tell) and quite judgemental. I'll just block them, personally.

Edited by Violence6884

I didn't lose much sleep over Violence6884's rant as people like him are always present on the internet.

Then I remembered that 2 people had upvoted hs rant and I wondered if I had made a mistake.
It appears that I made 3 mistakes: 

1) that I assumed that this newer mod was an upgrade of Animal mansion Plus and that does not seem to be the case as it is too early in its development to assume that. That was why I posted all that material pertaining to AM+ as I thought that it may be useful to the modder..Silly Me!

2) my comments about the scribe(see scripting if you cannot handle that word) ability of the modder were NOT my opinion but the constantly reiterated opinion of the modder who SE'd Animal Mansion plus. It has nothing to do with this newer version abut which I know nothing. It was quite apparent to me on rereading my post but then I posted it and assuming comprehension skills in others has always been a fault.

3) Bestiality in the real world is more common than you would think as much of it is very private as you would expect, and this is an ongoing discussion in many places. When applied to gaming, I prefer to pick a char who has defined limitations in his/her behaviour. My AM+ char was a lesbian man hater who would not go near human males and who made a point of killing every rapist or attemped rapist. She is also not an exhibitionist and I was unhappy with the mod forced public city scenes even though there NPCs were jumped ever 20 mins by dogs/horse with Aroused Creatures activated.

BTW using the IT as a source material for "evidence" is a bit of a joke. Example>>look up Pillory and see how many sites show that raping (at either end) someone in a pillory was the norm (in fact that was often the whole point of a pillory. History is the most censored and edited area on the IT and has been since it began.

Edited by Will55
2 hours ago, Will55 said:

BTW using the IT as a source material for "evidence" is a bit of a joke. Example>>look up Pillory and see how many sites show that raping (at either end) someone in a pillory was the norm (in fact that was often the whole point of a pillory. History is the most censored and edited area on the IT and has been since it began.

Well, Wiki has 65 book/article/law references for bestiality in history including references to current bestiality laws in the US of A, so the net has been spread quite wide.  Wiki also has 8 further reading recommendations on the subject.

Trying to equate pillory rape in history to bestiality in history is just a bit too much of a stretch for me, I'm sorry.  Unless you are intimating that women are categorised the same as animals.

Edit:  I tried following up references to women being raped in the pillories and stocks for my own interest.  It would seem that such rapes did not happen publicly as I could find no reference anywhere.  The usual treatment of those in pillories or stocks was abuse by the general public by throwing stones, rotten food, offal etc at those in the stocks.  Yes, some of those people died or were severely injured but the only sexual references I could find were 'sodomites' who might be anally attacked.  Each of those pilloried etc (at least in European references) would be there for anything from 1 hour to 3 days, and would have a constable watching over them to try to keep them from any serious harm.

I'd need a few references from you, Will55, to support your claims.  At this stage they appear to be more fantasy than history.

Edited by zigster999
1 hour ago, zigster999 said:

I'd need a few references from you, Will55, to support your claims.  At this stage they appear to be more fantasy than history.

You're far more patient than I am, if you're still talking about this with Will55. More importantly, I did find your search's results interesting. It's certainly enlightening to read up on all that.

4 hours ago, Will55 said:

3) Bestiality in the real world is more common than you would think as much of it is very private as you would expect, and this is an ongoing discussion in many places. When applied to gaming, I prefer to pick a char who has defined limitations in his/her behaviour. My AM+ char was a lesbian man hater who would not go near human males and who made a point of killing every rapist or attemped rapist. She is also not an exhibitionist and I was unhappy with the mod forced public city scenes even though there NPCs were jumped ever 20 mins by dogs/horse with Aroused Creatures activated.

You don't use consistent reasoning here.

You apply what to gaming to conclude that you prefer to cherrypick?

If your character hates dick then the Am is no place for her, simple.

And lastly you contradict yourself, saying that you don't like public scenesbut hav a mod set up so it specifically causes public scenes.

That's why I don't understand you.

You contradict yourself and take mental leaps I can't follow.

14 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

This is what happens after too much Skyrim

What, Will55's state? No... That's unique ;3 Well, at least you can't say we didn't try to reason things out- And we now know more historical facts on the subject of pillories and such! Obviously referring to Zigster999's posts, not Will55's!

Well! Well! Well!.

After 18months here on LL where I found only only politeness and kind help, I run into you lot, all spurred on by a child with violence in his username which shows deep seated psych problems IMO.

So now we are all internet experts and now know it all. What a joke!

Fakenet it is you who have made the logic mistake. The point about pillories was how history was altered to remove/hide the facts. Obvious to most.

WRT you comment about hating men = hating dicks. That is an idiotic comment as 99% of lesbians use dildoes or strap-ons. You also have nor a clue.

If some of you moved from wherever basement you hide, you might find that exploring West Africa, or even North Africa might give to a clue although there, brothels aside it is mostly by males. In SE Asia and the old Philippines, it was always on the cheaper brothels' menu. In South and Central America I hear that it is not uncommon.

In Medieval times and in the early days of the USA, it was not uncommon in villages to see the community cared for idiot child bonking dogs and no one was concerned.

Animal fetishism is NOT rare. It is uncommon for it to be admitted and especially so if the human is female and I know of 2 cases in my own locality and I do not GAF if you do not believe it.

If you bother to look at any bestiality website it is about 90% women and most are white and all are amateur videos. There are several reasons behind such but I have already breast fed the children here sufficiently. 

As a child my school textbooks had a frontispiece of a piece of wooden framework used in the Colosseum (the name escapes me). I found out later that it was the device used in which a Christain virgin was strapped so that a ringless (do look it up if you do not understand) horse or donkey could screw her to death and this was a highlight of the massacres there during the Nero rule. Again here this is well hidden in the purged IT.

So none of you involved here in this idiocy have a clue and should get out more often and have real look at the world.

Violence,  you should stop trying to be a keyboard warrior would-be, and should learn some manners, should vastly improve your poor comprehension skills and should get out and try your "game" on the real world. 10seconds you would last.

Now I can expect a frenzy of replies but don't bother as I am finished here, will ignore all comments and will never even look at the mod if and when complete.

46 minutes ago, Will55 said:

Now I can expect a frenzy of replies but don't bother as I am finished here, will ignore all comments and will never even look at the mod if and when complete.

Sadly, yet again we see sweeping statements with no actual proofs to back them up. 

Will55, enjoy the mod as it is presented, ok?  Play your game the way you want to and have a good time doing so.  But don't present 'history' without something to back your statements up.

59 minutes ago, Will55 said:

Fakenet it is you who have made the logic mistake. The point about pillories was how history was altered to remove/hide the facts. Obvious to most.

WRT you comment about hating men = hating dicks. That is an idiotic comment as 99% of lesbians use dildoes or strap-ons. You also have nor a clue.

I didn't say a word about pillories, you on the other hand wouldn't stop about them.

You said that your character hates men and doesn't want to have sex with animals which in the context of the mod emans hating dick, real dick.

It's you who was the first to be impolite and inconsistent. Get your head out of your ass. You are not the paragon here.

You just kept complaining about the what the mod is and how your other mods bother you.

Very mature of you to rant again, making baseless claims without letting others speak their peace. Grow up!

If we never see you again, good riddance.

On 6/24/2022 at 4:00 PM, skyrim482 said:

Curious when your saying that quests will be rewritten, are you referring to just the original AM or saying your redoing the quests you have done already in the past betas? Really looking forward to what   you have been working on, Hope all is well!

I distinctly remember replying to this. I think.

Basically I ended up discarding most of the actual original content per se and started making my own based on memories of how some combination of AM and AMP were (I don't know where one starts and the other begins, either in my play throughs or in the content itself). So like Thaena owns the business, Jesper is a dick, I know Jala was intended but never actually implemented and her assets existed, the quests go through animals in a certain order, there are various quests of various natures, etc. but then taking that and doing something new: new writing for the characters but they're basically the same (at least in my head), new writing for the main quests but they're... well, they were basically the same, but then I started diverging so now it's mostly the animals that are the same and the quests themselves are different, side quests are something the original didn't have much of so virtually everything there is new, and many other concepts reused in some form or another if I liked them. It feels dishonest to even call it "Animal Mansion" at this point because I've essentially stolen the core fundamentals and some of the assets (NPCs and the above-ground parts of the Mansion) and done whatever I felt like with the others - but sky_mds said it's open for anyone to do whatever so... okay then?

On 6/25/2022 at 5:33 AM, PippinTom said:

Waiting for AM becomes like waiting for Diablo II - sad thing is that Diablo II was rather disappointing after months, years even, of pumping up expectations with small leaks about upcoming new features ?

No mention of Duke Nukem Forever? That is the shining example of "vaporware that eventually become something but should have remained vaporware".

Okay, so I guess the plethora of posts weren't actually all things I needed to reply to. For better or worse.

Every culture has taboos for whatever reasons and, regardless of those reasons, every taboo will spawn a fetish counter-culture - even if only because of its taboo nature. Some reasons have concrete and quantifiable justifications worth honoring, others are simply because some individual(s) arbitrarily took offense and dictated their beliefs. When it comes to satisfying one's kinks in the real world, be mindful of the former but by all means thumb your nose at the latter.

With that out of the way, time for my irregularly scheduled excuses on why I don't have 0.5 or 0.9 or 1.0 or whichever it's going to be yet.

I'm terrible at projects (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this a few times) and I still want to do this and I am still making progress on it (ditto). Lately it's had to be more on the writing and planning side: I built a new computer a bit back, put Windows 11 on it (oops) and upgraded to Skyrim AE, and now I can't play for long without either Skyrim/CK freezing or my computer resetting. Been trying to troubleshoot it ever since, with BIOS settings, driver updates, mod juggling... So fucking frustrating because I can't even play the game for fun anymore.

Anyway, I'm continuing to gradually lower my requirements for when it's "ready for a release". Also known as the "MVP", as the product management people in my industry like to call it.

3 hours ago, tasairis said:

I'm terrible at projects (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this a few times) and I still want to do this and I am still making progress on it (ditto). Lately it's had to be more on the writing and planning side: I built a new computer a bit back, put Windows 11 on it (oops) and upgraded to Skyrim AE, and now I can't play for long without either Skyrim/CK freezing or my computer resetting. Been trying to troubleshoot it ever since, with BIOS settings, driver updates, mod juggling... So fucking frustrating because I can't even play the game for fun anymore.

Unstable is the worst issue to deal with. I will presume your hardware is all Windows 11 compatible (or shipped with it), but if you are unsure do check for that. If it shipped with Windows 10, consider just going back to that (seriously).

If your system is unstable run some diagnostics such as (not in order):

1. metest86+ (tests your RAM, very thorough)
    1. Some motherboard have a RAM tester in their onboard diagnostic suite (IE some HP, dell and lenovo machines have suites for troubleshooting)
    2. bad ram results in random restarts and BSOD crashes (windows will restart by default unless you change the setting for this)
    3. programs can crash due to bad ram but if windows itself does not crash it is less likely to be your issue
    4. heat can cause a random failure, so let it run overnight (you should see zero errors if your RAM is good)
    5. sometimes improving air flow in your case or reseating the modules can help
  2. is your PSU capable of handling the load (GPU's take a lot of juice to operate, sometimes exceeding their listed requirement)
    1. if your freezing and crashing happen only after extended periods of load, check your thermals
    2. monitor your voltages (they should be stable on all rails with less than 5% variation even under load). one weak rail combined with overclocking and instability is likely
    3. sometimes changing the psu can restore stability, just pick a good brand and overspec the wattage rating (your machine will only draw what it needs, so its not like your wasting electrons for nothing). if you psu is on the edge of what the system demands a momentary spike in demand can cause it to reset.
  3. cpu heat test
    1. bad thermal past leading to hot spots can cause freezing and resets, sometimes re-applying can resolve it
    2. try turning off all overclocking, even in the bios and drivers and see if it becomes stable (if it becomes stable, manually overclock or use the defaults)
    3. find a tool that can stress all your physical cores, the idea is to make all parts of the cpu do stuff to make the most heat
    4. modern cpu's have 'some' safeties to prevent damage, but do your research and figure out what your specific cpu's limits are
  4. GPU stress test
    1. furmark is good for this I think, just monitor the thermals
    2. run a test for an hour or more to ensure lots of heat builds up
  5. Cooling
    1. if you installed a water cooler, be sure you still have adequate airflow inside the case for the heat from everything else, those voltage regulators near the cpu can get HOT, as can the RAM modules
    2. if the onboard heat sinks are too hot to touch, consider more air flow
  6. OS
    1. if you are using the factory image (IE the one that shipped with your machine), wipe and reload from scratch. I've had too many factory images just behave poorly and a wipe and reload from clean sources fixed it. Factory images are not clean images and often full of junk anyway.
    2. many oems have information on how to reinstall from scratch including the sequence to install drivers in. Some OEM's have an update utility for downloading and installing drivers and firmware updates, start with that, then use device manager to fill in the gaps (google search the hardware ID's to figure out what the device is, then grab the related driver from the OEM's site, or the hardware vendor, but not from third party sites as those are usually unsafe).
    3. if the OEM drivers are older than those from Realtek or Intel, consider grabbing the latest versions directly.
      1. intel has a tool for detecting their own drivers, but I found it only works reliably after you have an existing driver installed already
  7. SSD
    1. check for updated firmware (rare, but I have seen stability issues fixed by this)

TLDR; check your heat, check voltage stability, disable all overclocking, clean install windows, firmware updates, good luck

Edited by walkingwounded
6 hours ago, tasairis said:

O

Anyway, I'm continuing to gradually lower my requirements for when it's "ready for a release". Also known as the "MVP", as the product management people in my industry like to call it.

While I am anxiously awaiting AM4, I could not live without SE Compatibilty Tracking, and that seems like a far more time consuming project. I can wait for AM4, as long as it takes..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...