Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

3 hours ago, aurreth said:

Wrong person, I never said anything about mounting the dog like a horse  :)  Although, yes, I had that happen too, just didn't occur to me that it might be a symptom of the same problem.

The only dog mod I have running is Quiet Dog.  I have a horse mod installed as well, Faster Horses.  Devious Lore adds a building on the road southeast of Rorikstead.  I have no mods which alter the region where the AM building is.  The nearest one is the Captured Dreams shop, which is up by Half-Moon Mill.

So nothing that should cause problems.  And Animal Mansion Plus works perfectly well with this mod setup.

Ok, that might be it.  I may not have cleaned the save completely after uninstalling AM+ so that I could install your mod instead.  Let me check.

Edit:  Nope, some cruft from Devious Cidhna, but no AM stuff left in my game.

Did you also use 0.4 previously and then add the 0.4.2 patch on top?

16 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Did you also use 0.4 previously and then add the 0.4.2 patch on top?

I installed 0.4, then the 0.4.2 patch, then tried to play it.  Other than the strange horse mounting animation with the female dog everything worked fine until I fast travelled back to the mansion from Rorikstead.  Dogs were there but would not enter the mansion.

14 hours ago, tasairis said:

IIRC 0.4.2 made a couple changes to the popup when you interact with animals, but I can't see how that could trick the game into letting you "mount" a dog. Maybe installing the patch screws something up inside the game and Skyrim gets confused? But if anything broke like that then I would expect it to make horses no longer work - not to somehow make dogs rideable.

Fucking bizarre. Can you try 0.4 + 0.4.2 on a clean save and see if it has the same problem?

I've started multiple new games and always had the same issue. I didn't mind coz I only use Sse for this mod. 

I'll try and look into the CK to see if I can find the issue and maybe resolve it but I seriously doubt i'd be any help. I'll try anyway.

But i'll just wait for 0.5 most likely. But thanks so much for picking up this mod. It's great so far. Keep it up :)

I have same problem but riding dog play automaticaly without me confirming it //previously i ignore it because in small chance of luck is avoidable /- yes it is bug but  is avoidable - test it in 2 new games // i think is something broken in animation section not in this mod //

- using quiet dog too , faster horses dint use

- hope for soon 0.5.

-

It's got to be some stupid little mistake somewhere... But I still don't know how it's even possible for the game to let you mount a non-horse animal without changes to that DOBJ or the use of the ActorTypeHorse keyword.

4 hours ago, tasairis said:

It's got to be some stupid little mistake somewhere... But I still don't know how it's even possible for the game to let you mount a non-horse animal without changes to that DOBJ or the use of the ActorTypeHorse keyword.

If it helps. I've found this out:

After placing the two huskies in the basement. If you talk to either one you get "Fuck me" and "Nevermind". If you choose "Fuck me" the animation will play and everything will be fine. No more mounting dog,etc. 

But if you choose "NeverMind" your character will mount the dog and will follow you around skyrim forever. I.E the solution for now is to never choose "Nevermind" option. 

Tested on Patch 0.4.2, mod works perfectly as long as you don't choose "Never mind" when talking to the huskies.

20 hours ago, Koiana said:

If it helps. I've found this out:

After placing the two huskies in the basement. If you talk to either one you get "Fuck me" and "Nevermind". If you choose "Fuck me" the animation will play and everything will be fine. No more mounting dog,etc. 

But if you choose "NeverMind" your character will mount the dog and will follow you around skyrim forever. I.E the solution for now is to never choose "Nevermind" option. 

Tested on Patch 0.4.2, mod works perfectly as long as you don't choose "Never mind" when talking to the huskies.

I also ran into this issue.

Oh fucking hell.

Alright.

What is currently the case: non-horses have a Fuck me/Nevermind popup, horses have a Fuck me/Mount/Nevermind popup. Both popups are handled by the same code which assumes the second button is Mount... but that won't be the case for non-horses. I believe it keeps following after you dismount because of vanilla behavior with horses - mounting a different horse should allow the dog to return to normal, though you still have the new horse to deal with.

What I intended but apparently never finished: all animals have the same Fuck me/Mount/Nevermind popup, with the Mount option disabled (hidden) for non-horses.

The big question here for me was why the hell does the game let you mount a non-horse. And the answer is a stupid little mistake thing I forgot I did. See, when you hit the second button, what happens is I force the animal into a state where it has the magical ActorTypeHorse keyword, and a split-second later I have the player "activate" it. Why force that keyword? Because the spawned horses I create don't have the keyword. Because I don't want the player to automatically mount them on activation.

I believe there's a better approach involving perks that I haven't looked into yet. I'll have to switch to this anyway in order to support custom horses, whose keywords I cannot control.

Anyway, here's a patched ESM that adds a hidden second button to the non-horse popup, which should make the Nevermind option work correctly.

AnimalMansion4.esm

5 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

Just make Nevermind as second option and hide 3rd. xD.

Having the dialogue go Fuck me / Nevermind / Mount is weird. The "cancel" option should be the last one.

I've run into a really weird issue when using this mod with Simple Slavery Plus Plus

At a glance, the two has nothing to do with one another but for some reasons, when I have both mods active, problems start to appear

If both mods are active and I start a new game, the Simple Slavery's MCM will not appear but AM's MCM will, this persist regardless of my attempts to "SKI_configmanagerinstance1" and quickload/quicksave. Disabling AM and start a new game again and SS's MCM appears like it should

If I start a game with just SS active so that its MCM appear, then save and activate AM4, when I try to load that same game, the game seems to CTD 100% of the time.

Maybe it's just the case of my mod list is getting pretty close to the limit but it's just a weird thing with my Skyrim. Not sure if anyone had this or is willing to test it on their. I think on my part, I'll probably try to cut down on script mods but the isntant CTD when loading a game that's already has SS running successfully is quite bizarre

I'm not sure if this is an issue or if I'm missing something.

When i complete the first come first served quest, the quest seems to end, Thaena doesn't have any new dialogue and the first client just stands outside the mansion after leaving.

Has anyone encountered this before? am I just being an idiot and missing something?

4 minutes ago, Shaftmatic said:

I'm not sure if this is an issue or if I'm missing something.

When i complete the first come first served quest, the quest seems to end, Thaena doesn't have any new dialogue and the first client just stands outside the mansion after leaving.

Has anyone encountered this before? am I just being an idiot and missing something?

That would be end of current content.

7 minutes ago, unwashed biomass said:

That would be end of current content.

Ahhh thanks for the heads up. Really enjoyed playing through it, looking forward to more content :)

8 hours ago, asianboy345 said:

I've run into a really weird issue when using this mod with Simple Slavery Plus Plus

At a glance, the two has nothing to do with one another but for some reasons, when I have both mods active, problems start to appear

If both mods are active and I start a new game, the Simple Slavery's MCM will not appear but AM's MCM will, this persist regardless of my attempts to "SKI_configmanagerinstance1" and quickload/quicksave. Disabling AM and start a new game again and SS's MCM appears like it should

If I start a game with just SS active so that its MCM appear, then save and activate AM4, when I try to load that same game, the game seems to CTD 100% of the time.

Maybe it's just the case of my mod list is getting pretty close to the limit but it's just a weird thing with my Skyrim. Not sure if anyone had this or is willing to test it on their. I think on my part, I'll probably try to cut down on script mods but the isntant CTD when loading a game that's already has SS running successfully is quite bizarre

Any file conflicts between the two mods?

4 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Any file conflicts between the two mods?

No, there's no conflicts between the two. I use both mods and haven't had an issue with both MCM's loading. I use simple slavery ++ v6.3.10. The new version only adds support for a mod I don't use, so I don't expect it to behave differently.

@asianboy345

Could you try this? It works for DCL when that MCM doesn't show up.

1. Start a new game.

2. Wait 30 secs, or not at all. It's really just telling Skyrim that you MEAN it. Or so.

3. Quit to menu.

4. Start another new game.

5. Enjoy.

8 hours ago, zarantha said:

No, there's no conflicts between the two. I use both mods and haven't had an issue with both MCM's loading. I use simple slavery ++ v6.3.10. The new version only adds support for a mod I don't use, so I don't expect it to behave differently.

@asianboy345

Could you try this? It works for DCL when that MCM doesn't show up.

1. Start a new game.

2. Wait 30 secs, or not at all. It's really just telling Skyrim that you MEAN it. Or so.

3. Quit to menu.

4. Start another new game.

5. Enjoy.

So those steps didn't work for me but I figured out that Sexlab Approach Redux from FactoryClose/BakaFactory mod is also doing this. Deactivating it when starting the game with AM4 and SS seems to work. Then I just add it back into the save after everything is loaded.

I think this is also the case with Sanguine's Debauchery and DCL, mods with MCM that are pretty script heavy at start seems to have a chance to mess with Simple Slavery's MCM loading properly for some weird reason. So I'll just cut those mods out of the new game for now and install them later.

On 5/19/2021 at 4:52 AM, asianboy345 said:

I'm running both and have 1250+ plugins and haven't had that issue, but I also use Jaxonz MCM Kicker mod, so that may make the difference.

3 hours ago, nomkaz said:

I'm running both and have 1250+ plugins and haven't had that issue, but I also use Jaxonz MCM Kicker mod, so that may make the difference.

All the  mcm kicker does is run the console command asianboy used. I used to use it on LE, but I don't have the issue nearly as often on SE. Instead I've got the command in a bat script now so it's easier to run, and doesn't take up a plugin slot.

Sometimes the process I put up doesn't work either, but for the most part it does. When both the console command and starting a second new game in the same skyrim session doesn't work, then removing the plugin or keeping it unchecked until after all the other mods are done initializing seems to be the only sure workaround. 

It is mostly script heavy startup mods that do this, although the only offenders I've personally seen are DCL and Babo Dialog. There are tons of missing script errors when that happens, so i'm guessing it doesn't initialize properly, and subsequent iterations of running the command aren't able to rectify it once it gets in that state. Removing it from the game and doing a clean save, or starting a new game without the mod and adding it in later works, so I tend to think it's not the install or the mcm script that's the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have a suggestion. The ability to request "training" from Thaena. It would be more or less a way to get the player, Thaena, and Bailey (or another creature) into a room together for some fun. Thaena's response could vary based on the creature and/or the players experience, and the whole encounter could be handled similar to how customers are handled.

5 hours ago, solitudos66 said:

How is progres of 0.5. ??

Somewhat slow. The last two pieces to do are the two primary client quests, ie. the quest for clients inside the Mansion to entertain them with animals. They'll be the "primary" quests because they'll handle just about all the regular client things, then later will be "secondary" quests for more specialized things.

I tried to get it in one quest to make things easier but realized I'd have to split it into M/F halves simply to keep my sanity. Even with that, though, it's rather complicated*, and planning it all out is hard mostly because I never got in my head a good idea of how it should all go. My goal today is to finish writing it, then likely spend the rest of the long weekend in CK.

Meanwhile, I believe I have ready: the core client system that puts people in the building (though it may need more tweaks to keep "enough" clients around), the client scanner thing to find NPCs to come visit (how many/from where unlocks quickly with additional quest completion), handling for followers so that one of them can come downstairs while the others wait behind (need to select a single follower so quests can do nice stuff with them), a revised prologue quest that does the thing with the bandits, the next main story quest (going back to Solitude), part of the main quest after that (orc dude, will be v0.6), part of the quest after that (new content, hopefully v0.6 too), and probably other things I'm not remembering.

* Special stuff for previously-encountered NPCs, NPCs who don't know what they want, NPCs who kinda know what they want, having to account for the fact that the wolf and bear were optional and may not be available, supporting an optional male or female follower, supporting male players by requiring a female follower, a client fetish system that assigns and remembers what clients like (includes animal species, size, and a kind of categorization) and varies the quest accordingly, a simple client history to remember what they've done previously... sigh.

5 hours ago, Verexus said:

Ok I have a suggestion. The ability to request "training" from Thaena. It would be more or less a way to get the player, Thaena, and Bailey (or another creature) into a room together for some fun. Thaena's response could vary based on the creature and/or the players experience, and the whole encounter could be handled similar to how customers are handled.

I don't know if "training" would make sense, but calling it like "practice" or trying to "evaluate" each other, that could definitely work.

I'll add this to my list of things that you can get by getting on her good side (aka. the romancing angle... that I kinda forgot about).

i have a notes /only my suggestions not official / about new stuff

for example

- keep outdoor compatibility to jk cities - falkreach cemetery  will be a problem if not

- garden area

- new stables

- new wip building or section

- wip clients /jarls etc/

- orgies /in start normal section later in wip/

-wip building or section -many sucestion i didnt talk of it now

-thaena new dress /fancy, normal fuck area , wip area/ or building/

and of course her practise /

and many more /but in curent state i know is imposible to one player create all this//

Edited by solitudos66
gramar
12 hours ago, solitudos66 said:

- keep outdoor compatibility to jk cities - falkreach cemetery  will be a problem if not

Trying: I intend to have all things near cities not use landscape/navmesh changes, and when I do need those to place the locations far enough away from cities to not be a problem.

Since the mod is now an ESM, I'm going to include an optional ESPL plugin that restores some notable things that are liable to be overwritten by other mods - such as landscape changes. Doing that (as long as the user puts it in an appropriate place in their load order) should fix all problems due to JK Cities and similar.

Open Cities is the other main offender. I can avoid placing stuff into the exteriors of the main cities - should be very much possible as I imagine most additions would be to interiors.

- garden area

- new stables

- new wip building or section

Will happen in the future.

- wip clients /jarls etc/

"WIP"? But yes, the client system is being completely overhauled: random NPCs will be pulled from across Skyrim, but (optionally? TBD) exempting certain people like innkeepers and merchants, and other people (like Jarls) will only be pulled in by deliberate choice and with special stuff happening for them.

- orgies /in start normal section later in wip/

Those are all being classified as "parties".

-thaena new dress /fancy, normal fuck area , wip area/ or building/

Giving Thaena some nicer clothes is an option, but know that she's not going to be some kind of Madam wearing fancy coats or furs.

and of course her practise /

Sometime in the future. Kinda tricky because there are some things that don't work unless the NPC is in the loaded area with you.

and many more /but in curent state i know is imposible to one player create all this//

Not impossible. Just takes time. I mean, we're coming up on a year now and I'm still only working on the fifth version :classic_sad: