Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

7 hours ago, tasairis said:

Barring bugs in the dialogue conditions, the sequence for the flyers is supposed to be:

Stage 10: Give 5 flyers to people (adults, non-guards) in Rorikstead.

Stage 20: Give 5 flyers to people (adults, non-guards, non-Companions) in Whiterun. The last person will say something about the Drunken Huntsman, objective remains at 5/10.

Stage 21: Give all 5 remaining flyers to Elrindir, objective jumps to 10/10.

Ahh, okay.

Definitely something went wonky with that because when I was at 5/10 I couldn't talk to Elrin, the new objective to give the remainder to the Drunken Huntsman didn't pop-up until after I'd given away all 10. 

It's probably a me-issue, unless others mention it, it's probably just a mod or it failed to update the objective, I don't recall exactly what I was doing when I gave the 5/10 flyer to the NPC that mentioned the Drunken Huntsman 1st.

8 hours ago, tasairis said:

Are the items in the building marked as Steal or Take? I may be wrong about the console command, but while standing inside the building what does "player.istrespassing" say?

It said 0.0 but that value is from after completing all mod-related quests. I'll have to reload an old save from before one of the animal quests and see if it re-appears when I return from the quest. I'll see about it tomorrow.

Though , I have looked it up and i'm fairly certain it's a vanilla bug so you likely have nothing to worry about mod-wise. I'd probably get the bug elsewhere but I don't tend to go into or use vanilla player housing or NPC/marriage houses. Now I'm legitimately curious if the game thinks the PC is marked as trespassing when Thaena says that or if it's just something weird going on. But, right now I can barely keep my eyes open so i'll leave it at that.

7 hours ago, GunslingerGirl93 said:

It said 0.0 but that value is from after completing all mod-related quests. I'll have to reload an old save from before one of the animal quests and see if it re-appears when I return from the quest. I'll see about it tomorrow.

Though , I have looked it up and i'm fairly certain it's a vanilla bug so you likely have nothing to worry about mod-wise. I'd probably get the bug elsewhere but I don't tend to go into or use vanilla player housing or NPC/marriage houses. Now I'm legitimately curious if the game thinks the PC is marked as trespassing when Thaena says that or if it's just something weird going on. But, right now I can barely keep my eyes open so i'll leave it at that.

Oh yeah, nothing's ever been marked as Steal, I didn't even think about that and my sleepy brain missed it last night. The PC is definitely in the Animal Mansion Faction. Pretty sure it's that vanilla bug. I even checked the player.istrespassing while she was saying "you need to leave" and it still said 0.0.

But, now I've actually finished all the current mod content. Got the bear, did the one customer and nothing after that. So sad. It was very interesting I like the changes made from the original mod. Especially the added conversations like the one about the Foresworn and asking Theana about Bailey. I hope the foresworn one is actually future planned content. lol, going to a foresworn camp for an orgy sounds interesting even if it's just a one-time quest. Though if it's just a random story for that raunchy NPC it also makes sense.

I know you mentioned keeping all the original animal choices (I'll always skip Skeevers) but I'm curious about certain NPCs. Specifically that weird guy that shows up in the dark room on the right with Skeletons. I'd personally love to see other undead like Draugr or Vampire Lords though maybe that doesn't make sense since he seemed like he was supposed to be a necromancer (if he used something other than skeletons I've never seen them). Skeletons really don't even count as "Animals", lol.

9 hours ago, GunslingerGirl93 said:

But, now I've actually finished all the current mod content. Got the bear, did the one customer and nothing after that. So sad. It was very interesting I like the changes made from the original mod. Especially the added conversations like the one about the Foresworn and asking Theana about Bailey. I hope the foresworn one is actually future planned content. lol, going to a foresworn camp for an orgy sounds interesting even if it's just a one-time quest. Though if it's just a random story for that raunchy NPC it also makes sense.

It will be a thing. In fact I intend for it to be Such A Thing that I'll have to worry about game engine performance.

9 hours ago, GunslingerGirl93 said:

I know you mentioned keeping all the original animal choices (I'll always skip Skeevers) but I'm curious about certain NPCs. Specifically that weird guy that shows up in the dark room on the right with Skeletons. I'd personally love to see other undead like Draugr or Vampire Lords though maybe that doesn't make sense since he seemed like he was supposed to be a necromancer (if he used something other than skeletons I've never seen them). Skeletons really don't even count as "Animals", lol.

I didn't like him. Too non-con for my tastes. But he will be back.

Couple of things I noticed while playing through that may be of help for dev?

1. Followers won't follow me inside the Inn, including the animals to deliver to the basement. So, have to use moveto each time to progress

2. Minor aesthetic things

Spoiler

a. Floor mesh out of alignment above the front door

20210625141118_1.thumb.jpg.4e34410703b7f18c101a9987e1dce6ff.jpg

b. Shrine levitating on table

20210625141340_1.thumb.jpg.6b069316a9814c03a350e19125b9b4fe.jpg

c. Peddler is bald (Not sure if that's intentional though, or one of my mods doing that)

20210625141314_1.thumb.jpg.3e32f683fe598acf1156402305033157.jpg

Dialogue is looking great though, plays way better than the other Animal Mansion I've tried for SE.

Would be brilliant with xVASynth voicification! ( https://www.loverslab.com/topic/168547-doublecheeseburgers-xvasynth-based-mod-voicification-thread/?do=findComment&comment=3415080 )

4 hours ago, AndysLab said:

1. Followers won't follow me inside the Inn, including the animals to deliver to the basement. So, have to use moveto each time to progress

Common problem. Do you have any mods that make landscape changes to the area around where the Mansion is?

2. Minor aesthetic things

a/b) Easy enough to fix

c) That peddler, who I should probably rename, is a spawn of a vanilla NPC. Do you have other problems with them?

Would be brilliant with xVASynth voicification!

The current download has voice files for a few lines spoken by Thaena - the first "chunk" of her non-quest chat dialogue about Bailey. Tried it? What do you think?

Animal Mansion 4 - Voices v1.rar

There are two main reasons I haven't added (more) SKVA stuff yet:

1. Sheer quantity of dialogue in the mod, though I admit this isn't going to get any better.

2. Voice quality. The ML models are great but not perfect, not that would I expect them to be, and it takes a long time to tweak each individual line so that it sounds natural. If people are satisfied with "something is better than nothing" by using the default outputs for everything, as demonstrated by that download, then it's much more feasible to do this.

3. Haven't set up GPU support for it on my computer yet. This doesn't really count as a reason.

It was also missing a few voices I wanted when I checked a couple months ago, but looking now it seems there's been a lot of voices added so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Just discovered a GOLDMINE of quest ideas: the disappointingly-named "Animals Gone Wild" show from National Geographic.

s02e01:

* An elephant has a run-in with a carload of tourists

* A lion's instincts won't be tamed

* A tiny dog takes on armed robbers

s02e02:

* A pair of giraffes battle viciously for dominance

* A fisherman is caught by feeding alligators

* A buffalo tosses a lion like a rag doll

s02e03:

* A whale gets frighteningly close to some kayakers

* A day at the pool for a family of bears

Gold, Jerry! Gold!

On 6/25/2021 at 7:44 PM, tasairis said:

Common problem. Do you have any mods that make landscape changes to the area around where the Mansion is?

a/b) Easy enough to fix

c) That peddler, who I should probably rename, is a spawn of a vanilla NPC. Do you have other problems with them?

The current download has voice files for a few lines spoken by Thaena - the first "chunk" of her non-quest chat dialogue about Bailey. Tried it? What do you think?

Animal Mansion 4 - Voices v1.rar 2.8 MB · 321 downloads

There are two main reasons I haven't added (more) SKVA stuff yet:

1. Sheer quantity of dialogue in the mod, though I admit this isn't going to get any better.

2. Voice quality. The ML models are great but not perfect, not that would I expect them to be, and it takes a long time to tweak each individual line so that it sounds natural. If people are satisfied with "something is better than nothing" by using the default outputs for everything, as demonstrated by that download, then it's much more feasible to do this.

3. Haven't set up GPU support for it on my computer yet. This doesn't really count as a reason.

It was also missing a few voices I wanted when I checked a couple months ago, but looking now it seems there's been a lot of voices added so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

From SSEEdit, looks like it might be navmesh problems with ThingsInDark possibly, didn't even think to check, had no idea that mod did anything with that cell! I have a bunch of mods that change that cell too, but it's just lighting / trees and stuff which I wouldn't have thought would conflict.

The peddler is fine otherwise - must just be a bald chick from HighPolyNPC then I s'pose!

I didn't notice the voice files there already - I'll give them a try!

True that the quality can be a bit questionable on the SKVA default output stuff, but as you say "something is better than nothing" may be the case!

There is a lot of dialogue in this mod and the .fuz files really add up in size. I have BaboDialogue and it's like 6-8gb of voice files!

Keep up the good work! :)

10 hours ago, AndysLab said:

From SSEEdit, looks like it might be navmesh problems with ThingsInDark possibly, didn't even think to check, had no idea that mod did anything with that cell! I have a bunch of mods that change that cell too, but it's just lighting / trees and stuff which I wouldn't have thought would conflict.

It's a surprisingly common problem, unfortunately. The next release will also include an optional ESP that can go at/near the end of the load order to restore assorted changes that may have been overwritten by other mods.

6 hours ago, tasairis said:

It's a surprisingly common problem, unfortunately. The next release will also include an optional ESP that can go at/near the end of the load order to restore assorted changes that may have been overwritten by other mods.

Yeah i have this same problem but im not sure what mod could be interfering. JK's skyrim wouldn't, I don't think? Or is the mansion close enough to falkreath for that problem to take effect?

On second thought I do have mods that add more trees, bigger trees, and fallen trees, so that could be the culprit. Guess I'll stick with "moveto" until that esp gets released, but I bet that would help a lot in the future ^^

Bit random... but I found an underground tree!

Spoiler

20210628215625_1.thumb.jpg.6edc23733fdb3279c5dffa573eee9b9b.jpg

I was no clip looking for a wayward NPC I 'misplaced' underground (don't ask...) directly under the animal mansion, and behold - underground tree!

Who knows how many times my little GPU has rendered that, to never see the light of day!

18 hours ago, Katauni said:

Yeah i have this same problem but im not sure what mod could be interfering. JK's skyrim wouldn't, I don't think? Or is the mansion close enough to falkreath for that problem to take effect?

It's very close to the cemetery so it may be in a cell that JK's Skyrim touched. May have also touched stuff because it's near the DB Sanctuary too, for all I know.

1 hour ago, AndysLab said:

Bit random... but I found an underground tree!

I was no clip looking for a wayward NPC I 'misplaced' underground (don't ask...) directly under the animal mansion, and behold - underground tree!

Who knows how many times my little GPU has rendered that, to never see the light of day!

I think it may have been intended to be relocated (as the other original trees were) rather than hidden away like that. I'll just put it back and disable it.

12 hours ago, tasairis said:

Unlikely, between the heat and work stuff happening all this week. Still futzing with Creation Kit, still working through bugs, still looking at other minor edits and fixes for current problems.

no worries mate just makin fun... good work takes time and yours is more than good so you do you and take the time you need

So I recently got "Holds The city overhaul" for sse. It changes everything inside of skyrim holds. So I was wondering if, in the future, you will have quests that are inside of city holds? I imagine then that The overhaul mod will be incompatible with animal mansion 4?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MorSS said:

I see that mod can work with LE? Is it trully possible? I've tried activating it but game just doesnt start.

Any options for LE?

One game is called Skyrim.

One game is called Skyrim Special Edition.

Those essentially are two different games with similar names and aside from the simplest ones the mods are not interchangeable.

You can convert a mod from one game to another but you are bound to encounter bugs and weird behavior. From lowly graphical glitches like a slightly floating tree to quests automatically failing or NPC despawning anything is possible. Especially if the mod is complex and a "simply do XYZ" guideline was followed.

Technically speaking converting a mod is done by fooling the game to load a mod not made for it.

If you convert the mod to LE and encounter any bugs don't expect help. Not even for the ones you'd encounter "normally" on SE.

On 7/12/2021 at 8:41 AM, MorSS said:

I see that mod can work with LE? Is it trully possible? I've tried activating it but game just doesnt start.

Any options for LE?

On 7/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, zarantha said:

Extract the BSA. SE BSAs don't work on LE.

0.4.2 can work with LE but you must convert esp file from SE to LE (Using Creation Club 32 bit/ LE version) and if i remember convert texture from SE to LE