Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

22 hours ago, tasairis said:

So wait, you've all had this problem since the beginning, and it's only coming up now? Jeez, guys...

If you encounter more stuff like this, please tell me and I'll do something about it. Mod compatibility is the #1 thing I need your help with.

I'll look around Rorikstead and see if I can find a nicer place. Possibly a bit outside of town - worst case I had considered some kind of constructed platform but wasn't sure how navmeshing would work with it. Would really prefer something flat, or with a very light slope, but that platform could be really convenient too so I'll give that a shot.

Another part of why I moved the location (from where it used to be by the road) was because of grass: I have a grass overhaul that makes grass much more, well, grassy, and that tilled spot behind the building was perfect.

Sorry, hadn't seen it as a bug either, since very few JK seem to have it.

The bottle in front of the Inn where the cow is in your aerial photo would also be unchanged at JK, maybe that would be a suitable place.

with the 4.2 I could now play through everything without any problems.

Hi tasairis, maybe you can set me straight on something. First off, many thanks for providing the 0.4 version of the mod. Installing it fixed my CTD's when entering the mansion. So here's where I am. I've done the dog and horse quest, both came off without a hitch. Now I have a quest called "In Good Company". I'm supposed to talk with Thaena the next morning. Well, I've waited about 2 in game days to speak with her. But she doesn't have any new dialogue options. All I have is the "I was wondering" dialogue topic. I did search through this forum but didn't see any posts with a similar issue. So the question is is this quest fully implemented in the 0.4.2 patch? If not, guess I might have a mod conflict. I appreciate your time, you're doing Sanguine's work with this mod ?

On 4/19/2021 at 1:43 AM, tasairis said:

Noted. Going to have it and The Competition unlocked after progress with a Companions arc.

Going to give him an arc that unlocks at least (1) a "VIP client" quest for when he shows up at the Mansion and (2) a radiant/random quest where he does not show up at the Mansion.

The Companions arc will unlock the party at some point in the process, and at some point also "VIP client" quests for Vilkas and Farkas.

I feel like the Giants are neutral parties who, if they "allied" (and I use that term loosely) with anyone, would fight for whatever cause that keeps people from harassing them or their mammoths. The Stormcloaks would probably be more suitable, as they're more about self-autonomy and would likely let the giants roam free, while the Empire is about bringing law and order to its subjects, and so would probably want to try to subjugate or suppress the giants.

Compare that with goblins or rieklings who aren't very bright and would probably fight for whoever gave them the most shinies.

That aside, I think giants are more commonly associated with the Whiterun Plains, so it would make more sense to use them in that area. Still quite possible to have a Civil War connection, of course.

Plenty to think about.

If I restrict something to the smart players who side with the Stormcloaks, I'll want something comparable for the milk-drinkers who side with the Imperials.

I suppose the Thalmor may look down upon their long-lost brothers as no longer elven, or as some sort of inferior creatures, so there could be some connection there, but it feels like a stretch. Like, they're just too pompous and conceited for me to imagine them working with falmer - let alone insects like chaurus.

On the other hand, they could find it amusing to debase other races with such an undignified form of torture. Falmer are The Things That Go Bump In The Night to most Nords, so the Thalmor controlling them could be another way they prove their superiority.

Anyway, I agree that the Thalmor need some kind of creature tie-in. As do the Stormcloaks and Imperials, for that matter.

Ok, the chaurus reaper could be a stretch - alternavely to Falmer (who are in the vanilla game) there would be SIC's option of goblins (aka green rieklings) as servants for the Thalmor, but that would require either a direct dependency on SIC or you getting permission for the meshes - so "just" Falmer would be easier to build.

And as for the imperials - could it be possible for them to have one (or more) minotaurs in their ranks? Otherwise, the usual war dogs and horses are pretty repetitive....

Amd sorry if I'm bothering you, just meant to throw some ideas into the room.

My modding capacities are completely nonexistent - so far I can't try the mod without having a constant ctd whenever I try to go to the anoimal mansion in the first place - regardless the approach vector. 

Could that be a mod crash between Arthmoor's Falkreath and/or JK's Skyrim or was I just too stupid to correctly install your mod? (had both 4.0 and the 4.2 patch downloaded and installed via Vortex (I know, most use mod organizer, seems like I have to read myself into it..). Or did I missed a step?

Regardless - great work to rebuild the mod for SE, and thanks fpor all the time you take to work an it and kudos answer to us "know-everything-better" noobs!

1 hour ago, ChrisHPZ said:

Hi tasairis, maybe you can set me straight on something. First off, many thanks for providing the 0.4 version of the mod. Installing it fixed my CTD's when entering the mansion. So here's where I am. I've done the dog and horse quest, both came off without a hitch. Now I have a quest called "In Good Company". I'm supposed to talk with Thaena the next morning. Well, I've waited about 2 in game days to speak with her. But she doesn't have any new dialogue options. All I have is the "I was wondering" dialogue topic. I did search through this forum but didn't see any posts with a similar issue. So the question is is this quest fully implemented in the 0.4.2 patch? If not, guess I might have a mod conflict. I appreciate your time, you're doing Sanguine's work with this mod ?

In the console, do "sqv am4_mq03":

- What's the current stage number? (should be 1-3)

- What are the values of "Delay", "DelayDay", and "Started"?

- About where the output says the script(s) attached to the quest, what does it say about waiting for an update (if anything)?

The way that part of the quest works is that it will wait until about midnight or so (to keep track of what day it is) until the appropriate morning's day has started (whether it's the day after or two days after depends what time of day you talk to Thaena).

On 4/21/2021 at 5:56 PM, tasairis said:

In the console, do "sqv am4_mq03":

- What's the current stage number? (should be 1-3)

- What are the values of "Delay", "DelayDay", and "Started"?

- About where the output says the script(s) attached to the quest, what does it say about waiting for an update (if anything)?

The way that part of the quest works is that it will wait until about midnight or so (to keep track of what day it is) until the appropriate morning's day has started (whether it's the day after or two days after depends what time of day you talk to Thaena).

This is what I got:

Delay: 19

DelayDay: 0

Started: -1

Script Output:

Enabled: Yes

State: Running

Current Stage: 2

Priority: 91

9 hours ago, ChrisHPZ said:

This is what I got:

Delay: 19

DelayDay: 0

Started: -1

Script Output:

Enabled: Yes

State: Running

Current Stage: 2

Priority: 91

Sounds like the timer didn't start. Can you post your Papyrus log - the one that includes when you first started the quest (there will be a log line marked "qf_start") as well as when you waited and tried talking to her. And did the sqv output say anything about the script being registered for an update?

To get unblocked, in the console do "setpqv am4_mq03 delayday 3" then "setstage am4_mq03 3". But careful: Thaena will be pissed off that you weren't there yesterday morning.

if you don't want that, set delayday to 2 instead and talk to her in a morning (so if it's afternoon or evening, wait for the next day)

Hi tasairis, I hope you can help me with another issue. This time in regards to the First Come, First Served quest. I talk to the client and get her downstairs into the room where the husky's hang out at. The trouble in my case is the male husky is in Falkreath. I did have Serana with me as a follower, which made me think her follower status was getting in the way. This turned out to be true. So I dismissed her and fast traveled back to the mansion. The male husky traveled with me. But he refuses to enter the mansion. So at this point, the client can't do anything with the male husky and the quest doesn't progress. 

I looked at the mod in CK, hoping to get a RefID. But I see the husky's are spawned into the game during the actual dog quest. So that kinda eliminates using prid refid, then refid moveto.player.

5 hours ago, ChrisHPZ said:

Hi tasairis, I hope you can help me with another issue. This time in regards to the First Come, First Served quest. I talk to the client and get her downstairs into the room where the husky's hang out at. The trouble in my case is the male husky is in Falkreath. I did have Serana with me as a follower, which made me think her follower status was getting in the way. This turned out to be true. So I dismissed her and fast traveled back to the mansion. The male husky traveled with me. But he refuses to enter the mansion. So at this point, the client can't do anything with the male husky and the quest doesn't progress. 

I looked at the mod in CK, hoping to get a RefID. But I see the husky's are spawned into the game during the actual dog quest. So that kinda eliminates using prid refid, then refid moveto.player.

You still haven't answered by questions about your first problem. I'm trying to see if I can do something to fix it instead of telling people to use console commands to skip it, but I can't do that unless you help.

The husky problem is probably either an issue with scripts not running (might explain the timer problem too) or with navmesh issues around the Mansion exterior. Are you running a script-heavy game? Do you have anything that altered the landscape where the building is?

5 hours ago, tasairis said:

You still haven't answered by questions about your first problem. I'm trying to see if I can do something to fix it instead of telling people to use console commands to skip it, but I can't do that unless you help.

The husky problem is probably either an issue with scripts not running (might explain the timer problem too) or with navmesh issues around the Mansion exterior. Are you running a script-heavy game? Do you have anything that altered the landscape where the building is?

All apologies for the lack of information from the first problem. Ok so yeah I would say I'm running a script heavy game this time. This is evidenced by seeing a lot of signs of script lag. Trust me when I say I know what script lag looks like. 

Also, yes I was using mods that affected the landscape around the mansion. It's very possible such mods may have altered navmeshing as well. 

Regarding the papyrus log I was supposed to provide. Well, I have that debug option enabled in AM4's MCM menu. However, I don't have a papyrus log anywhere. I checked in the typical location such as C:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition but it's just not there. Also checked in MO2's logs folder as well, no such luck.

On 4/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, tasairis said:

And did the sqv output say anything about the script being registered for an update?

The above would be a no, it didn't. Damn, now I wish I could uninstall then reinstall the mod and go through the quests again to see what happens. But I know the game won't re-run quests because of data left over in save files. I wanna know if my issues are due to a over-burdened load order or the mod itself.

23 hours ago, ChrisHPZ said:

All apologies for the lack of information from the first problem. Ok so yeah I would say I'm running a script heavy game this time. This is evidenced by seeing a lot of signs of script lag. Trust me when I say I know what script lag looks like. 

Also, yes I was using mods that affected the landscape around the mansion. It's very possible such mods may have altered navmeshing as well. 

Yeah, landscape changes from another will could easily explain animals not following you into the building. What mod is it, by the way?

With the next release I'll try to remember to include a small ESP that reinforces some things which might get overwritten by other mods, such as landscape changes, however that doesn't change the fact that things are conflicting. For people who can't use that, I can also include a sort of "teleport animals to me" debug spell/MCM button.

In the meantime, if the MCM doesn't tell you the refID of the animal you've lost (I believe that only fills in once the quest completes) then sqv will tell you all the IDs you need via the list of aliases.

Regarding the papyrus log I was supposed to provide. Well, I have that debug option enabled in AM4's MCM menu. However, I don't have a papyrus log anywhere. I checked in the typical location such as C:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition but it's just not there. Also checked in MO2's logs folder as well, no such luck.

Do you have Papyrus logging enabled as a whole? If not, note that doing so will make your performance problems a slight bit worse, so you'll probably want to turn it back off again when you're done troubleshooting this.

The above would be a no, it didn't. Damn, now I wish I could uninstall then reinstall the mod and go through the quests again to see what happens. But I know the game won't re-run quests because of data left over in save files. I wanna know if my issues are due to a over-burdened load order or the mod itself.

Partly true. You can make a clean save (as far as this mod is concerned) by using Resaver to delete all references from a save* and then pull up the game again. The save file is basically like an override plugin in the FF slot, and without any existing "overrides" from your save, Skyrim will start running this mod from scratch.

For extra safety: clean the save, disable this mod and load the save, wait a minute for the game to finish warming up, make a manual save, quit, then finally enable the mod again and load starting from that new save.

Heavy Papyrus load could do be responsible for losing the timer and/or causing problems with the code that tries to run when the timer expires. I'll see if I can find another method that will be more reliable, but I think you already know that the real solution here is to reduce the number of script-heavy mods you're using and/or tweak mods's settings to reduce the load they each contribute.

* Everything I've done should be okay with that because I'm not making changes to any records that aren't directly owned by this mod, nor do I have any running scripts running in the background.

10 hours ago, tasairis said:

Yeah, landscape changes from another will could easily explain animals not following you into the building. What mod is it, by the way?

With the next release I'll try to remember to include a small ESP that reinforces some things which might get overwritten by other mods, such as landscape changes, however that doesn't change the fact that things are conflicting. For people who can't use that, I can also include a sort of "teleport animals to me" debug spell/MCM button.

In the meantime, if the MCM doesn't tell you the refID of the animal you've lost (I believe that only fills in once the quest completes) then sqv will tell you all the IDs you need via the list of aliases.

Do you have Papyrus logging enabled as a whole? If not, note that doing so will make your performance problems a slight bit worse, so you'll probably want to turn it back off again when you're done troubleshooting this.

Partly true. You can make a clean save (as far as this mod is concerned) by using Resaver to delete all references from a save* and then pull up the game again. The save file is basically like an override plugin in the FF slot, and without any existing "overrides" from your save, Skyrim will start running this mod from scratch.

For extra safety: clean the save, disable this mod and load the save, wait a minute for the game to finish warming up, make a manual save, quit, then finally enable the mod again and load starting from that new save.

Heavy Papyrus load could do be responsible for losing the timer and/or causing problems with the code that tries to run when the timer expires. I'll see if I can find another method that will be more reliable, but I think you already know that the real solution here is to reduce the number of script-heavy mods you're using and/or tweak mods's settings to reduce the load they each contribute.

* Everything I've done should be okay with that because I'm not making changes to any records that aren't directly owned by this mod, nor do I have any running scripts running in the background.

Thanks a lot tasairis. I'm gonna have another run at this over the weekend. I'll get ya that list of landscape mods I was using as well.

9 hours ago, ChrisHPZ said:

Thanks a lot tasairis. I'm gonna have another run at this over the weekend. I'll get ya that list of landscape mods I was using as well.

Oh, you don't have to do a whole list. You can tell which specific one (it's probably just one) is the conflict by looking in xEdit to see what conflicts with this mod's Worldspace changes.

On 4/25/2021 at 6:05 PM, tasairis said:

Actually I forgot about something: some of the quests will spawn references (like the wolf and bear) and they'll persist in a save unless something cleans them up. Not harmful but not good.

If there aren't any quests running, the only references in play will be the ones listed in the Zoo page of the MCM. One can "markfordelete" them in the console and uninstall and I think that will do the job.

So yeah, guess I'll need to create an uninstall MCM button. Ugh.

21 hours ago, tasairis said:

Actually I forgot about something: some of the quests will spawn references (like the wolf and bear) and they'll persist in a save unless something cleans them up. Not harmful but not good.

If there aren't any quests running, the only references in play will be the ones listed in the Zoo page of the MCM. One can "markfordelete" them in the console and uninstall and I think that will do the job.

So yeah, guess I'll need to create an uninstall MCM button. Ugh.

One thing I've done is use an xmarker that's "initially disabled". Then make such xmarker the parent of static objects. The static objects get enabled when its parent xmarker is enabled. I'm not sure if this would work in the context of quests, but it might be possible to enable a given xmarker when it needs to be enabled. Thus making its children enabled as well. Tasairas I'm not trying to tell you your business. But I like to brainstorm ?

EDIT:

This is a bad idea. When a xmarker is placed back into its disabled state, its children will follow suit. FML, sorry

19 hours ago, ChrisHPZ said:

One thing I've done is use an xmarker that's "initially disabled". Then make such xmarker the parent of static objects. The static objects get enabled when its parent xmarker is enabled. I'm not sure if this would work in the context of quests, but it might be possible to enable a given xmarker when it needs to be enabled. Thus making its children enabled as well. Tasairas I'm not trying to tell you your business. But I like to brainstorm ?

EDIT:

This is a bad idea. When a xmarker is placed back into its disabled state, its children will follow suit. FML, sorry

That controls enabling/disabling, and in fact I'm using that already in some places (like the food/drink items in the main room, and room and furniture decorations in the basement), but even when disabled the things still exist in the game. What I want to do is actually delete things so they are fully removed from the game and save files.

Anyway, the uninstall button is all coded up now. Wasn't that much.

Is this mod for male ? /because in dog quest female dog use male dog animation / /and second question in dog quest female didnt interact with female dog / - i think my problems is because animation for that dint exisst or i didnt find it

second good job to resurrect this mod, but in future better interior and exterior will be ok /i know much work/

1 hour ago, solitudos66 said:

Is this mod for male ?

Yes, but you will often need a female follower.

/because in dog quest female dog use male dog animation

Exactly which animation was playing? Is it from HCoS?

/ /and second question in dog quest female didnt interact with female dog / - i think my problems is because animation for that dint exisst or i didnt find it

There are very few same-sex creature animations. Right now, during quests, only actors + opposite sex creatures are supported, so a female actor (humanoid) has to work with a male creature. I'll look into this again at some point in the future.

second good job to resurrect this mod, but in future better interior and exterior will be ok /i know much work/

The basement is supposed to be cold and stony and not very well decorated. That was a deliberate decision. But it will not last forever.

dog misssionary - it is tagged vaginal, dog, dirty, bestiality, creature, gone, fc, cf, cannine /i dont know what animation pack - i use more nasty creatures , hcos / oh and animal sos / but male player and female dog probably didnt work for now

male player on hold for now

female player only beast male - ok

Result we need more animations /female on beast female /normal and strapon version / and male on female beast/

But still good mod - probably this time will be fully completed

On 5/2/2021 at 12:42 PM, solitudos66 said:

dog misssionary - it is tagged vaginal, dog, dirty, bestiality, creature, gone, fc, cf, cannine /i dont know what animation pack - i use more nasty creatures , hcos / oh and animal sos / but male player and female dog probably didnt work for now

"Dog missionary" does not narrow it down far enough.

I don't remember if they're from MNC or HCoS or somewhere else, but there are a couple male actor+female canine animations I've seen that I'm not sure are set up correctly. With the most recent update I changed how animations are detected to be much more precise about actor and creature sexes, so getting the "wrong" animation would suggest an error in the animation's settings.

Maybe. But that is the first place I would check: to see that it's properly marked as male actor in position #1 and female canine in position #2.

Obviously can't do that without knowing exactly which animation it was, though...

Result we need more animations /female on beast female /normal and strapon version / and male on female beast/

Pretty much.

8 hours ago, Dovahbear91 said:

How goes v0.5? I eagerly away progress :) 

I think I have the client system ready so I'm working on adding a couple client quests to test it out. Then I need to add the next main quest, and I also decided to do the intro thing about finding notes on bandits. I think there was one more small addition I wanted to make too but don't remember what it is right now.

Played 4.02 and really liked the progress and overall direction. Thanks to the author. 

BTW y still no patreon page or sumthin? I really think this concept deserves some long life (like Dogma's Thief) and handful of new local mechanics (like corruption or new characters with side quests). 

5 minutes ago, kiberme said:

Played 4.02 and really liked the progress and overall direction. Thanks to the author. 

BTW y still no patreon page or sumthin? I really think this concept deserves some long life (like Dogma's Thief) and handful of new local mechanics (like corruption or new characters with side quests). 

I won't be doing any Patreon/donation thing.

I do intend to keep this going for the foreseeable future, since there's plenty of stuff to make use of. For new mechanics per se, I'm not sure because what I'm aiming for is a variety of content, so there shouldn't be an issue of, like, "old mechanics". Corruption is a viable storyline that I expect to include in some form somewhere; there are a couple new and slightly less than new characters planned; some of that variety of content will include some number of character quest "arcs" covering assorted NPCs, vanilla and otherwise.

13 hours ago, ololo48 said:

Hi, everyone. How about extend Companions parties with something special with Thaena? Maybe solo master-class action or join her in that competition?

There will be more variation in how that party works, including randomizing most aspects (eg, the winner) and supporting an optional follower (M or F) to come with you. I don't think I'll bring Thaena in because there's already a fuckton of variability involved as it is, but she will definitely have a chance to be involved in other Companion and/or party quests (and that's not including the in-Mansion parties).