Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

6 hours ago, Mocap_ said:

There are ways to say no, that aren't so condescending.

SE mods aren't usually backwards compatible with LE, file types or structures are different so it won't load correctly

You consider an answer with attached and concrete explanation as condescending?

You mus be new at this interweb thingy.

1 hour ago, JesusKreist said:

You consider an answer with attached and concrete explanation as condescending?

You mus be new at this interweb thingy.

Dude just suscribed this May, he is in fact new, but yeah no idea where that response was condescending.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:00 AM, killer905 said:

convert texture from SE to LE

The textures are usually backwards compatible.  The major difference between SE and LE textures is that the SE texture dimensions must be divisible by 4.  So 256x256 textures are fine, but not 256x255.  One of the things CAO does when converting from LE to SE is resize the textures to meet this requirement.

LE doesn't have that requirement, but has no issues if the dimensions are divisible by 4.  I believe both versions use the same DDS format (it is amazingly hard to find any information on the correct format for Skyrim or Fallout 4; google it and you get a dozen pages explaining how to install DDS support in Photoshop or GIMP, but almost nothing on which format to save files in).

On 7/13/2021 at 4:00 PM, killer905 said:

0.4.2 can work with LE but you must convert

Hi there! Could you explain in detail how to convert the ESP from SE to LE? Oh and the textures thing! I've never had to do any of that before, so I am completely lost.

4 hours ago, Violence6884 said:

Hi there! Could you explain in detail how to convert the ESP from SE to LE? Oh and the textures thing! I've never had to do any of that before, so I am completely lost.

AM4 have esm file.
How convert? I just load SE esm file in LE CK (Creation Club) and and i save tha's all.

How fix head part you have here (Yes, can port from SE to LE)

But as said, don't come yelling and whining if you did convert "simply" and encounter for example a headless thaena, a thaena that refuses to move out from her bedroom, a bailey stuck in a humping animation while following you, ...

You can convert mods from skyrim LE to skyrim SE and back, the games are similar enough that in the undying words of Todd Howard "It just works!" but at the same time different enough things that are working flawlessly in SE might not work at all in a converted LE version of a mod.

Edited by JesusKreist
7 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

But as said, don't come yelling and whining if you did convert "simply" and encounter for example a headless thaena, a thaena that refuses to move out from her bedroom, a bailey stuck in a humping animation while following you, ...

You can convert mods from skyrim LE to skyrim SE and back, the games are similar enough that in the undying words of Todd Howard "It just works!" but at the same time different enough things that are working flawlessly in SE might not work at all in a converted LE version of a mod.

So far the mod works fine after converting to LE, but it's good to know that it doesn't always do.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:22 AM, JesusKreist said:

But as said, don't come yelling and whining

I don't think I've ever done that, I understand you may be frustrated for some reason about it(Though you're not even the author of AM?) but don't assume so much ;3 I'm aware converting may be problematic but what else can I do, if I want to use AM? *Shrug* The most ideal solution would be the author actually releasing 2 versions, LE and SE, though from what's being said so far, that's not going to happen. Which is fine by me, it's their free time.

Edited by Violence6884
On 7/17/2021 at 4:42 PM, killer905 said:

I just load ESM file in LE CK (Creation Club)

So, the CK available on Steam? That's the only one I could find, visiting Creation Club's main page I didn't notice any links to a CK. I apologize in advance if I'm just blind :3

54 minutes ago, Violence6884 said:

So, the CK available on Steam? That's the only one I could find, visiting Creation Club's main page I didn't notice any links to a CK. I apologize in advance if I'm just blind :3

Yeeah, CK for LE you can find on steam.

5 hours ago, Violence6884 said:

I don't think I've ever done that, I understand you may be frustrated for some reason about it(Though you're not even the author of AM?) but don't assume so much ;3 I'm aware converting may be problematic but what else can I do, if I want to use AM? *Shrug* The most ideal solution would be the author actually releasing 2 versions, LE and SE, though from what's being said so far, that's not going to happen. Which is fine by me, it's their free time.

I've seen FAR to many examples where someone "simply" converted a LE mod to SE and after that complained in the support forum for that LE mod that s/he found a bug in their converted SE version. Sometimes not even mentioning the conversion after directly asked.

For this mod honestly a LE version is not completely out of the question but pretty close. The chance actually is below miniscule.

The Legacy Edition is an inferior game version and not really sold anymore for a couple of years now.

Every legal owner of an LE version or the original Skyrim with separate DLC got SE free of charge at roundabout the time SE got released. After qualifying and asking that is. That offer is expired for some years now.

That is the main reason many new skyrim mods nowadays are exclusive to SE with the occasional backport of simpler mods.

2 hours ago, Violence6884 said:

I've seen enough conversations about that, to know not to start one ;3 I do own SE, I just chose to stay in LE as I have a different personal opinion.

Aw, wanted to see some completely unnecessary drama.

3 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

I use this asset to convert all kinds of mods including animations from LE to SE and haven't had any issues. It looks like it can go backwards too if you change the settings but I cant cant say how well it will work but its worth a shot. Really easy to use so far.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316?tab=description

Thanks for sharing that dude, I'm modding skyrim since 2013 and didn't know about that one.

2 hours ago, Algene said:

Thanks for sharing that dude, I'm modding skyrim since 2013 and didn't know about that one.

Yeah no problem, like I said I have converted a ton of stuff even slal animations to Se from LE. You dont have to really do much of anything to use it at least from LE to SE but here is a quick summery if you want to go LE to SE, I assume it works in reverse too.

1. Install it.

2. Open it and make sure it sees Your game under profile Ex should say SSE if your going to convert to SSE.

3. Take an LE archive unpack it so its just the folder.

4. Open that LE mod folder with the Asset optimizer, Make sure your profile says SSE and hit run. (you can watch it work under the log tab)

5. Once its done the folder and its contents are good to go in SSE- Repack the mod into a RAR and throw into you mod manager.

6. install like normal and remember to run FINS if needed- Your done.

So far I haven't had any issues other than it forgetting its profiles, run as admin will fix that. 

Good luck. ?

Edit- If the mod uses a BSA use a BSA extractor to pull the files out into a regular folder before you run it through the program.

Edited by skyrim482

Side note SSE has came a LONG way in the past couple years. Ive managed to get a stable game with hundreds of mods that doesn't crash any more. LE just crashes for the hell of it.

Aside from stability the physics with body mods like 3BA is incredible. I recommend anyone who still has reservations take another look at SE, Especially if you can convert in anything you want. I used to hang on to LE too. Trust me the switch is worth it if your PC is decent.

7 minutes ago, skyrim482 said:

Side note SSE has came a LONG way in the past couple years. Ive managed to get a stable game with hundreds of mods that doesn't crash any more. LE just crashes for the hell of it.

Aside from stability the physics with body mods like 3BA is incredible. I recommend anyone who still has reservations take another look at SE, Especially if you can convert in anything you want. I used to hang on to LE too. Trust me the switch is worth it if your PC is decent.

Yeah, simple stuff is easy to convert, not so simple stuff is not easy to convert: We no longer have bone scaling and HDT SMP is not as far as HDT PE is. So some Mods can not be ported by now. BTW: CAO is not able to recompile .dlls. You also have to edit scripts sometimes... 

15 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Yeah, simple stuff is easy to convert, not so simple stuff is not easy to convert: We no longer have bone scaling and HDT SMP is not as far as HDT PE is. So some Mods can not be ported by now. BTW: CAO is not able to recompile .dlls. You also have to edit scripts sometimes... 

I use cbbe 3BA witch is more advanced and has all the physics built in. I think SMP might still be a requirement and there is the UUNP advanced physics equivalent as well. Most of the mods that change skeletons like the ABC mod have an SSE version and 3BA supports it in the FOMOD options. HDT was phased out by 3BA to my understanding in SSE. Im sure there would be an issue trying to get SSE 3ba to go backwards into LE.

7 minutes ago, skyrim482 said:

I use cbbe 3BA witch is more advanced and has all the physics built in. I think SMP might still be a requirement and there is the UUNP advanced physics equivalent as well. Most of the mods that change skeletons like the ABC mod have an SSE version and 3BA supports it in the FOMOD options. HDT was phased out by 3BA to my understanding in SSE. Im sure there would be an issue trying to get SSE 3ba to go backwards into LE.

SE has it's advantages, but you can not port all LE Mods to SE by simply running a tool and it will not be easy to do this the other way around. Especially if we talk about physics...

34 minutes ago, skyrim482 said:

Right, the old way of inflation in LE doesn't work with the new bodies out of the box all the time. If they use bone scaling, it either doesn't work, or could look weird especially at extremes. The new bodies need the old inflation changed to bodymorphs sometimes. So when you convert from LE, it's a crapshoot on if inflation works or not. That's all he meant there. 

Edit: and yeah, LE use PE physics which doesn't work in SE. It has to be converted to SE HDT SMP, or you could cause CTDs.

Edited by zarantha

huh. drama. nice. last I knew the mod works in LE but you might have head/hair problems, otherwise ESM, meshes, and textures should be fine.

life sucks. still going. still testing stuff, got a few hours in last weekend which is nice but it's more than I've done in the couple weeks before which isn't nice.

jesper says hello. not really but I'm translating for him.

now I go back to work. looking forward to the part where I stop doing that and go sleep.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

life sucks. still going. still testing stuff, got a few hours in last weekend which is nice but it's more than I've done in the couple weeks before which isn't nice.

now I go back to work. looking forward to the part where I stop doing that and go sleep.

No worries mate, Real life takes all priorities get your rest in where you can. I know what its like working non stop. Hope all else is well.

9 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

SE has it's advantages, but you can not port all LE Mods to SE by simply running a tool and it will not be easy to do this the other way around. Especially if we talk about physics...

Curious.

You basically said the same thing that I did yet your talk about it gets accepted and mine challenged.

44 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Curious.

You basically said the same thing that I did yet your talk about it gets accepted and mine challenged.

Hm... Maybe it is because I'm green? Being a contributor seems to have an effect.... 

I don't want to enforce this drama. A lot of things go but 'Everything goes' is simply wrong.

11 hours ago, zarantha said:

Right, the old way of inflation in LE doesn't work with the new bodies out of the box all the time. If they use bone scaling, it either doesn't work, or could look weird especially at extremes. The new bodies need the old inflation changed to bodymorphs sometimes. So when you convert from LE, it's a crapshoot on if inflation works or not. That's all he meant there. 

Edit: and yeah, LE use PE physics which doesn't work in SE. It has to be converted to SE HDT SMP, or you could cause CTDs.

I had the prisoner chains in mind...