Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

7 hours ago, ChibakoShiba said:

Yes, it does,the popup shows and I started animation, but the quest wont progress, tried several times., nothing happened.
How do I find the papyrus log?

Go to your Documents, My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Logs\Script. It's named Papyrus.0.log.

If you don't have one then you haven't enabled logging yet, which means you would have to enable it and then replay the quest from an earlier save.

In your Skyrim.ini (or if you use MO2, through it's configuration), you need

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1

2 hours ago, ChibakoShiba said:

Another problem, the bear keeps chasing the girl and nothing happends

Do you have an objective to talk to Gwilin? Have you tried chasing down and talking to Temba?

On 6/2/2021 at 6:54 PM, tasairis said:

Scanning through my list of changes made so far, the highlights are:

- the client manager, as in the thing that manages which NPCs go to the Mansion and when

- client profiles, as in assigning and remembering information about NPCs (eg, gives them a random "favorite" animal you help them to discover)

- the client quest framework, as in the thing that lets me implement inside-the-Mansion client quests in a flexible way

- one(ish) primary repeatable in-Mansion client quest which does the standard thing but with fucktons of variations so it should feel different every time

- the next main quest

- MCM help button for quests to summon their animal(s) to you

- MCM uninstall button to stop quests and "delete" things

- bug fixes, like the dog mount thing

There are a couple more related things I want to include before I set aside the client stuff, not sure yet if they'll be 0.5 or a smaller follow-up 0.5.1.

That sounds awesome, a diverse client system is what ive been looking for since the original mod. Also kudos for giving them a favorite animal, interested it seeing what ways you help them discover one. Having a favorite or a fantasy animal they want to try definitely gives them a touch of depth and immersion.   Hopefully we can play this update soon, Keep up the good work!

17 hours ago, ChibakoShiba said:

I finished the first customer quest, but nothing happened next, and no customers inside the place at all

Good. It would be weird if there was more than that because right now there isn't more that.

11 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

That sounds awesome, a diverse client system is what ive been looking for since the original mod. Also kudos for giving them a favorite animal, interested it seeing what ways you help them discover one. Having a favorite or a fantasy animal they want to try definitely gives them a touch of depth and immersion.   Hopefully we can play this update soon, Keep up the good work!

Don't expect a whole lot to start with - right now, for the average NPC, all I'm aiming for is dialogue that changes a little.

Currently every animal gets classified in two ways*: size (small, medium, large, huge) and type (domestic, wild, etc.). A person will be assigned an animal randomly according to what is supported by the mod, and thus with that also a preferred size and type. People do not start off consciously knowing what they like.

When they come to the Mansion, they could pick a random animal like usual, or they could ask for a suggestion. You can pick one for them and for the time being they'll probably just accept, or you could ask about a classification and they'll pick something close to what they like. At the end they'll say something brief about the experience, and if you want then you can ask for a little more detail.

I may eventually support: discovering the fetish gets you a bit more money (not sure if I like that), some sort of dossier about clients (not sure how to implement or why the player should even care), fetishes can be assigned manually through the MCM (not sure if I like that either).

This all can potentially apply to outside-the-Mansion (aka "home delivery") quests, somehow, depending, and probably also to non-quest-related dialogue (eg, you bump into them in the city and chat).

* Size is pretty much set, where the sizes are something like fox/dog/bear/giant. Types are going to expand as animals are added, like there will be an "insect" type when one of those happens. Open to ideas for one or two more categories. Preferences will be recalculated after mod updates that introduce new animals. Certain NPCs will have their preferences preset.

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

When they come to the Mansion, they could pick a random animal like usual, or they could ask for a suggestion.

If bitch Maven makes it to the mansion, I'd try to suggest the horse. Or throw her to the wolves. I'm a horrible person ?

16 hours ago, tasairis said:

Don't expect a whole lot to start with - right now, for the average NPC, all I'm aiming for is dialogue that changes a little.

Currently every animal gets classified in two ways*: size (small, medium, large, huge) and type (domestic, wild, etc.). A person will be assigned an animal randomly according to what is supported by the mod, and thus with that also a preferred size and type. People do not start off consciously knowing what they like.

When they come to the Mansion, they could pick a random animal like usual, or they could ask for a suggestion. You can pick one for them and for the time being they'll probably just accept, or you could ask about a classification and they'll pick something close to what they like. At the end they'll say something brief about the experience, and if you want then you can ask for a little more detail.

I may eventually support: discovering the fetish gets you a bit more money (not sure if I like that), some sort of dossier about clients (not sure how to implement or why the player should even care), fetishes can be assigned manually through the MCM (not sure if I like that either).

This all can potentially apply to outside-the-Mansion (aka "home delivery") quests, somehow, depending, and probably also to non-quest-related dialogue (eg, you bump into them in the city and chat).

* Size is pretty much set, where the sizes are something like fox/dog/bear/giant. Types are going to expand as animals are added, like there will be an "insect" type when one of those happens. Open to ideas for one or two more categories. Preferences will be recalculated after mod updates that introduce new animals. Certain NPCs will have their preferences preset.

You say don't expect alot but you created an impressive system, you listened and incorporated a ton of suggestions over the past year. Be proud of that, this was no small amount of work.

That being said, the idea here is perfect really. You can weave in the fetishes and more dialogue as you go, but the system will be in place.

Fetish categories, could be broken into stamina and aggressive not only size. For example someone might want a gentle experience which would be like a Dog, Deer, fox, goat. Aggressive/ stamina would be horse, wolf, boar, bear,werewolf. A large fetish experience would be giant,troll, but might include 3p animations 2 horses,bears,werewolves. Im sure some people would still enjoy insects but in my personal opinion it would be good to have an option available to omit them from the mansion entirely. Not only as preference but I myself dont have any  insect animations installed to save on the animation count so a scene might not even work if they are there. Others might be the same way.

Now the original mod did not include foxes and boars but billy and others has made some good animations for them here and there so I think they would work as a possible addition at some point. Draugrs and falmers also have alot of animations but I dont really think they fit with this mod.

5 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

Fetish categories, could be broken into stamina and aggressive not only size. For example someone might want a gentle experience which would be like a Dog, Deer, fox, goat. Aggressive/ stamina would be horse, wolf, boar, bear,werewolf.

Aggression is more or less what I think of the "wild" classification.

A large fetish experience would be giant,troll, but might include 3p animations 2 horses,bears,werewolves. Im sure some people would still enjoy insects but in my personal opinion it would be good to have an option available to omit them from the mansion entirely. Not only as preference but I myself dont have any  insect animations installed to save on the animation count so a scene might not even work if they are there. Others might be the same way.

Like wolves and later, spiders will be skippable, but for them I'll have some earlier "way out" that doesn't involve encountering them.

Arachnophobia aside, it's also going to be the first creatures that don't have MNC animations, so I'll have to do something special for them anyways.

Now the original mod did not include foxes and boars but billy and others has made some good animations for them here and there so I think they would work as a possible addition at some point. Draugrs and falmers also have alot of animations but I dont really think they fit with this mod.

There will be more in-Mansion animals than the original mods had. Agreed that draugr and Falmer don't make sense to keep inside the Mansion, nor do giants and mammoths and dragons, so those animals will have outside-the-Mansion quests instead.

At least for the most part. I do have a way to reasonably put Falmer and some others "inside" the "Mansion"...

14 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Aggression is more or less what I think of the "wild" classification.

Like wolves and later, spiders will be skippable, but for them I'll have some earlier "way out" that doesn't involve encountering them.

Arachnophobia aside, it's also going to be the first creatures that don't have MNC animations, so I'll have to do something special for them anyways.

There will be more in-Mansion animals than the original mods had. Agreed that draugr and Falmer don't make sense to keep inside the Mansion, nor do giants and mammoths and dragons, so those animals will have outside-the-Mansion quests instead.

At least for the most part. I do have a way to reasonably put Falmer and some others "inside" the "Mansion"...

Do you have a rough estimation of when you think 05 will be ready to go?

IMHO, instead of "asking for more things" I would wait for Tasairis to finish this MOD and then start "asking for" changes. Or better yet! We could provide optional modifications for everyone, right? It must be tiring for him to want to do something and to have more and more requests coming in every day.

10 minutes ago, Canolais said:

IMHO, instead of "asking for more things" I would wait for Tasairis to finish this MOD and then start "asking for" changes. Or better yet! We could provide optional modifications for everyone, right? It must be tiring for him to want to do something and to have more and more requests coming in every day.

Alot of times he is asking for feedback and ideas. Since he has started this thread I have given many ideas for over a year now. Its totally up to him to decide what he wants, and at the end of the day If an idea helps then that's great for everyone. 

32 minutes ago, skyrim482 said:

Alot of times he is asking for feedback and ideas. Since he has started this thread I have given many ideas for over a year now. Its totally up to him to decide what he wants, and at the end of the day If an idea helps then that's great for everyone. 

I reiterate, it was just my humble opinion

6 hours ago, Canolais said:

I actually want feedback earlier rather than later. It's why I made this thread. I like planning things very, very far ahead, and I have (barely) enough self control to take people's ideas and schedule them for a later date rather than try to cram them in now.

You are right in the general case: people love pushing for stuff and many mod authors may feel the pressure to get it all done now. I'm an exception. I have more ideas than time so my plans for this mod extend into the unforeseeable future, and I'm okay with that. (Though more time would be nice.)

So if you happen to have any ideas yourself, by all means I'd love to hear them now. Rather hear them now and alter the trajectory of my plans a bit than hear them later and have to go back and change stuff because it's too good an idea to pass up.

To be honest I have alot of ideas on alot of things, I just wish I had the time to understand what im doing in the CK. I spent some time last year during the covid ordeal trying to learn. I build a little farm with people, schedules ect. The NAV-Meshing is what halted me completely, couldn't properly connect the cells to let someone cross over, ect. At this point im going to see what their new engine brings and learn along with everyone else and hopefully I can add something of value in the future. 

I would like to a see a framework in place, that employs a 3p+ (Single female X multiple creatures) animations, maybe have it a payout a bit more, or have a few patrons request tutoring, which would activate 3p animations where (Multi-Human, single creature). That seems like it's missing. Maybe some radiant quests down the road to add more creatures of a single species to the room in order to unlock the gang bang animations, and thus increase profitably of the mansion?

As for those monsters that don't really fit. I think they should be modular. Giant's have never really felt like animals, but maybe a quest where giant needs help with his pet Mammoth, and gets a little on the side as a radiant quest would fit quite nicely. As for the unread, or gargoyles I think a quest (optional) to visit a deranged necromancy client is within the range of what a brothel might provide. If the client is a vampire lord as well, that could open up the gargoyle, and vampire lord aims to, as well as death hound quest, and still be immersion friendly.

If you needed idea's for creatures like lurkers, and seeker's you could do another radiant quest for where cultists lure the player to the cost, to breed with a animal of unknown orgins, only when the player arrives would they realize the predicament, player could choose weather or not to participate, and carry the lovecraftian spawn or whatever.

17 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

To be honest I have alot of ideas on alot of things, I just wish I had the time to understand what im doing in the CK. I spent some time last year during the covid ordeal trying to learn. I build a little farm with people, schedules ect. The NAV-Meshing is what halted me completely, couldn't properly connect the cells to let someone cross over, ect. At this point im going to see what their new engine brings and learn along with everyone else and hopefully I can add something of value in the future. 

1. Get the doors set up, including positioning their yellow markers (and make sure they're on the floor, not floating above it)

2. Add navmesh triangles

3. Make sure each of the doors' markers are sitting on one of your red triangles

4. Finalize cell meshes, and confirm that the triangles those markers were on have turned green

Edited by tasairis
14 hours ago, Szlordrin said:

I would like to a see a framework in place, that employs a 3p+ (Single female X multiple creatures) animations, maybe have it a payout a bit more, or have a few patrons request tutoring, which would activate 3p animations where (Multi-Human, single creature). That seems like it's missing. Maybe some radiant quests down the road to add more creatures of a single species to the room in order to unlock the gang bang animations, and thus increase profitably of the mansion?

There isn't much variety in 3P+ animations that I've seen. Like, it's mostly draugr and rieklings.

I do intend to pull in more animals, but I can't really do it when they're all stuck in tiny rooms in the basement...

As for those monsters that don't really fit. I think they should be modular. Giant's have never really felt like animals, but maybe a quest where giant needs help with his pet Mammoth, and gets a little on the side as a radiant quest would fit quite nicely. As for the unread, or gargoyles I think a quest (optional) to visit a deranged necromancy client is within the range of what a brothel might provide. If the client is a vampire lord as well, that could open up the gargoyle, and vampire lord aims to, as well as death hound quest, and still be immersion friendly.

To me, it's not so much about "monsters" but about certain levels of sentience. You can kinda get away with locking up a few draugr, since they're dead and essentially mindless, but giants and rieklings and werewolves and dragons and (transformed) vampires and falmer? Those rooms are practically prison cells.

Size, of course, is another concern. Giants and mammoths and dragons are way too large to stick in the basement, though that can be resolved by sticking them somewhere else that is not a basement.

There will be plenty of animals to keep on-site without having to keep all animals. I want the in-Mansion quests to be the bread and butter of this mod: always available if you need it, but you're not going to want to have that for every meal.

And I already have plans to support special client quests when the client happens to be a certain NPC, such as one of the Companions.

If you needed idea's for creatures like lurkers, and seeker's you could do another radiant quest for where cultists lure the player to the cost, to breed with a animal of unknown orgins, only when the player arrives would they realize the predicament, player could choose weather or not to participate, and carry the lovecraftian spawn or whatever.

That's an idea, sure.

Note that I want to focus on consensual content, but I'm about 99% sure I'll eventually add a toggle to the MCM to allow for non-con stuff too.

Edited by tasairis
21 hours ago, Mocap_ said:

kind of an interesting idea, integration with Isoku's Holidays mod. (or even just themed parties I guess lol)

Events/themed parties on specific holidays or their weeks seems like a cool idea

the Witches festival and Saturalia look like great opportunities 

all of the festivals included in the mod are here

There's a whole bunch of holidays to choose from. Some would make most sense as themed parties, others maybe something else.

edit: Without trying too hard I came up with 22 holidays and Daedric summoning days that could make sense to host some special event.

Edited by tasairis

Potential idea: How about a quest where Thaena gets kidnapped. The inspiration for this idea came from the spider quest in AM+. I always refuse mating with the spider's because they're nasty. The NPC says something like "You wouldn't want to anger a daedric lord" or something to that effect. Well suppose we do piss Namira off, and she sends her worshippers after Thaena.

a few more ideas I had:

1. Reluctant Start

Spoiler

I always thought it was weird how quick the MC suggests the animal mansion idea, so if you have a more self-conscious character there would be a route for you 

so in the reluctant path for the MC ( if you choose "Never done it before", after catching Thaena and Bailey) .

Then after of doing Bailey you'd have the options of saying:

• that was amazing (normal route)
  • T-that was amazing, but... (reluctant route)

in this route Thaena would try to comfort the MC and convince it was ok to do.

this way could give Thaena a more active role in planning the mansion, and lead to other possible routes for roleplaying

2. Weirdly Open Jarl No More/ or Secretive Mansion

Spoiler

with beast being a taboo subject ( even with video game logic), it's weird that the Jarl would just be so open to the idea of the mansion, I always thought it would make more sense to lie to the Jarl about the Inn. 

in this you'd convince him its just a regular Inn, as a front for the mansions more unique real business. 

• your MC would probably have to use their own money to make it seem like there are customers at first, but when the business gets going Thaena would pay you back
  • this could lead to run ins with the guards, who are investigating or something.
  • could promote the mansion by leaving flyers at a bunch of other Inns 
  • idk other sneaky secret type stuff lmao

3. "we should find you a partner too"

Spoiler

Thaena says something along the lines of "we should find you a partner too" after the MC's first Bailey scene, so why not?!

I know there's meeko and all those other vanilla ones, but how Thaena find us our very own "essential" partner after the mansions been open for a while.

• very own good boy who can't die and has dialogue to start a scene. idk why not

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ IDK, but thank you for reviving this mod

1 hour ago, ChrisHPZ said:

Potential idea: How about a quest where Thaena gets kidnapped.

If you're thinking of a one-time thing during the main quests, yes, and I know exactly where to put it.

20 minutes ago, Mocap_ said:

1. Reluctant Start

Looks like I forgot to write it down, but someone did suggest that there should be options to RP someone who's reluctant but ultimately willing to try stuff. It's on my to-do list when I reevaluate dialogue across the board.

2. Weirdly Open Jarl No More/ or Secretive Mansion

I figured Siddgeir as a perv who wouldn't mind seeing women get debased or whatever, yet with enough money/business sense to consider that it could become a profitable business for him to exploit. Or on the other hand, if people did revolt and burn the place down, Thaena would still be on the hook for the loan money. Or if the idea turned out to be too crazy and the business never even opened up, that would have worked for him too.

I had plans for Siddgeir to make multiple further appearances to reinforce these ideas; for example, sometime after the Mansion opened, he would show up to check on things. Haven't actually incorporated that into my main quest plans yet so I'll need to consider this more or less immediately.

That aside, there are already Big Plans about exactly this same "hey wait a minute isn't this supposed to be taboo?" concept...

3. "we should find you a partner too"

The player can always find a dog on their own (like Meeko) but there was an idea proposed about doing a sort of "pet" thing. Not sure quite how it should work yet, but it is on the list.