Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

25 minutes ago, wrath89dragon said:

4th time actual play through no force greet i try the patch see what happens

You're using the 0.4.1 patch, right? From a fresh save - won't work if you installed 0.4 and saved, then added the patch.

37 minutes ago, tasairis said:

and maybe some interaction with Sexlab Confabulation? ( In this mod u can fuck members in their Werewolf forms and have some time with Aeyla and her wolf among many others).

I'm not really sure that a werewolf-Aela makes sense in that situation? I'd also like to keep the quest on the simpler side, and it already has 4 variations now.

I think anything involving werewolf-ed Companions would be better served through side quests. Keep the main quests fairly straightforward so the player can unlock animals, clients, and side quests faster, then focus on side quest variety for more interesting things.

I am actually thinking of different dialog topic when such activities with companions PC had: For instance when taking with Vilkas(?) about present he would be commenting like our belowed dogdick admirer is broading her horisonts, I'm very proud of you gall, something like that - and considering Yours excellent dialogs u make that could be just awesome.

48 minutes ago, unwashed biomass said:

I am actually thinking of different dialog topic when such activities with companions PC had: For instance when taking with Vilkas(?) about present he would be commenting like our belowed dogdick admirer is broading her horisonts, I'm very proud of you gall, something like that - and considering Yours excellent dialogs u make that could be just awesome.

Oh, yeah, just dialogue stuff, that's what I was thinking of doing too.

41 minutes ago, unwashed biomass said:

Yep: failed Talk to Themba, then talk to Gwillin which didn't get a package to follow Themba i assume.

Both the dialogue and package are tied to the stage number, however the objective is too. Weird to have one but not another.

Can you confirm whether the stage number was 40 or 41? What happens if you try talking to Temba?

41 minutes ago, SgtMajorMango said:

oh so it has to be a new game, cus i downloaded the mod then came back and got the patch 

A new save only matters to fix the very first quest (and you can startquest it in the console just fine). Does not have to be a new save to fix the Ivarstead thing.

Hello, first of all I would like to say how much I like the story so far, unfortunately I can not evaluate the gameplay, because I have only read the texts, which I am currently still translating.

Then I wanted to bring in one more thing that I was already missing in the original Animal Mansion.

What do you think about hiring a stable boy at the Animal Mansion to make sure the animals are fed and their manure is cleaned up? I think you could make a little side story out of that.

6 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

What do you think about hiring a stable boy at the Animal Mansion to make sure the animals are fed and their manure is cleaned up? I think you could make a little side story out of that.

I don't think I can put in to words how much I do not want any time spent on finding a Poopsmith for the horses.

7 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

Hello, first of all I would like to say how much I like the story so far, unfortunately I can not evaluate the gameplay, because I have only read the texts, which I am currently still translating.

Then I wanted to bring in one more thing that I was already missing in the original Animal Mansion.

I second that, some sort of Animal "Keeper" seems needed, quest or no.

8 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

I like the idea. The more story, the better for the mod.

19 hours ago, tasairis said:

I'm not really sure that a werewolf-Aela makes sense in that situation? I'd also like to keep the quest on the simpler side, and it already has 4 variations now.

It's actually not Aela in werewolf form: she actually gets a pet wolf that she regularly has sex with at night, and you can join in if you desire.

19 hours ago, SgtMajorMango said:

weird then how come i still got the failed message 

is there a command to manually start the quest

You can try. "startquest am4_mq04" then "sqv am4_mq04" to confirm that the quest is running, and if so "setstage am4_mq04 10".

But I don't think that will work - that's the same thing the mod itself tries to do. The quest needs some NPCs to be alive:

Spoiler

Whiterun: Elrindir (1A681)

Ivarstead: Wilhelm (19E02), Temba (65AB3), Gwilin (65AB2)

Is it possible one or more of them is dead in your game? If you aren't sure, "prid <id from above>" and "getisdead" should == 0.

13 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

Yeah, I made a lot of changes. Sorry about that.

13 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

I was actually thinking of using Jala for most stuff like that. Beyond her, I was (still am) considering adding a minor recurring character for other things.

But for now it'll be mostly minor and somewhat inconsequential changes to the base story. After this "Falkreath" arc (ie, the original storyline) is done, I'll be taking more liberties about doing new things.

4 hours ago, DIO over Za Warudo said:

It's actually not Aela in werewolf form: she actually gets a pet wolf that she regularly has sex with at night, and you can join in if you desire.

Sounds like a good idea for a mod which adds some deliberate, targeted sexual "ambiance" to the world. Like changing Aela's sleep package so that she beds a wolf and/or Skjor before bedding herself.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two mods like that already. Kinda sounds familiar, but all I can think of now is like SL Solutions.

I don't want to do that myself here because it's one of those "doing extra things other than what the mod is about" problems (still focusing on the Mansion and direct interactions with it), but I bet that that idea could be worked into some sort of side quest. Or maybe it's a minor part of some other quest that happens to put you and Aela, and probably other Companions too, into the right circumstances for it to happen.

tasairis Great update. Here is my review-

I  like the narrative changes made with Theana from the prior release, the conversations feel more meaningful then before. The side bar conversation that progresses on about her first time with bailey, gives her some depth. Maybe that will eventually tie into the player getting their own dog. In regards again to the side conversations I like to see npcs different comments and reactions to what they saw or did even if you don't need to ask them that to progress the story. The orginal mod had some of that but you seem to be adapting it nicely into each event which is great. 

Dog quest- works great, people stay and watch the full show now. Tiny ask, can you put a light source like a brazier back there in case you do the dog show at evening/ night? I Use enb and it gets dark pretty quick if you start in the evening.

Horse quest-  The quest itself is great, I like the character changes to the Markarth guy so he isnt a jerk but as actual appreciation of what you do. 

Question is there plans for the forsworn to actually come into the mod or is it just a lore conversation? 

Now some criticism (just my opinion ?) on The sheep in skyrim quest that starts the horse quest. This feels lacking, I understand the premise she goes out to find the gentle creature, comes back with the idea of a horse. First the stable guy is just waiting immediately outside and talks to you right away, Aside from him all you can do is ask around town for people to deny sheep existing. Now..  Tasairis you have done some amazing creative writing thats both erotic and story telling which you said is your favorite part. I think the character should come across the idea of a horse in a more erotic way fitting the rest of the mod. Maybe its one of Thenas other fantasies like the bear is, and you move onto the idea of a horse from there. I think Theana should be wanting to try certain creatures as you bring them in. You have that first bonding moment with Baily, I think that should continue as you both try certain creatures together (fulfill fantasies).

Wolf- great change from the original, Maybe an optional secondary solo training round with just the wolf and the pc to "complete the handover"

Bear quest much more entertaining now. I had a couple issues, couldn't talk to Themba until she stopped running and the objective failed (maybe thats intentional).

Gwillin did not have anything to say mod related until he moved. He was leaning on that stone bridge talking to npcs about the 1000 steps and wouldn't talk about Themba at all until walking back to town. Had a second random bear attacking people, dont know if that was this mod or something wild in my game. Now are you supposed to find out Themba is enjoying this or hating it? Gwillin and Thembas remarks tell a bit of a separate story. As far as taming the bear she had to bang 3 out and I as the pc only had one option at the end to (jump in) but the dialog said I wold be trying again?  Seems like your supposed to be taking turns to see who the bear likes more right ?( which is a great event especially if she gets jealous at the end of it and is sad the bear chooses you) She can come back to see him later at the mansion as a client..

Fantastic work overall. I know this was countless hours of hard work and we all appreciate it.

27 minutes ago, skyrim482 said:

Dog quest- works great, people stay and watch the full show now. Tiny ask, can you put a light source like a brazier back there in case you do the dog show at evening/ night? I Use enb and it gets dark pretty quick if you start in the evening.

I'll give that a shot.

Horse quest-  The quest itself is great, I like the character changes to the Markarth guy so he isnt a jerk but as actual appreciation of what you do. 

Question is there plans for the forsworn to actually come into the mod or is it just a lore conversation? 

There are plans ?

I think the character should come across the idea of a horse in a more erotic way fitting the rest of the mod. Maybe its one of Thenas other fantasies like the bear is, and you move onto the idea of a horse from there.

I'll think about that. It would have to be something very simple and straightforward given how much of a bother the rest of the quest is.

I think Theana should be wanting to try certain creatures as you bring them in. You have that first bonding moment with Baily, I think that should continue as you both try certain creatures together (fulfill fantasies).

I actually wanted to tackle that in a different and deliberate way.

Basically, I want Thaena to have a progressive character arc of her own - very likely tied in with the romancing aspect. The premise is that she's used to Bailey and hasn't really tried anything else yet, but that can't really work very well if she's supposed to be one of the "hostesses" supporting the business. The problem is that I don't want to block any of the main quest more than I have done already, as well as make romancing Thaena optional for people who do or don't want that.

So right now I'm thinking that she can work as a hostess and with whatever animals clients request, but her quest series is about requesting help from the player to "improve her skills" or "see if she's doing a good job" or something like that.

Wolf- great change from the original, Maybe an optional secondary solo training round with just the wolf and the pc to "complete the handover"

Where are my notes...

There are four three possibilities for how the quest goes:

Spoiler

a) Female player, has FFC animations: (1) Aela + player + wolf, (2) player + wolf

b) Female player, no FFC animations: (1) Aela + wolf, (2) player + wolf

c) Male player: (1) Aela + wolf, (2) Aela + player + wolf, (optional 3) Aela + player

You're thinking of adding a (3) to the first two? Reasonable. I thought it was getting a bit repetitive by then, but if it isn't then it isn't, and worst case it is and the player can just skip.

Bear quest much more entertaining now. I had a couple issues, couldn't talk to Themba until she stopped running and the objective failed (maybe thats intentional).

Yes, the objective is supposed to fail. I'm going to reword the Gwilin one to hopefully make that more apparent.

Gwilin being preoccupied seems to be the common theme to problems with those objectives: the way the quest is supposed to go is

Spoiler

1. Step outside of Vilemyr Inn

2. Spend a second to get your bearings

3. Temba runs past you, followed, by the bear, followed by Gwilin

4. About as they pass you, Temba yells something and Gwilin yells something. When this happens, the objective fails and the next one is presented.

5. If that doesn't happen, managing to talk to Temba does the same thing

6. As Temba crosses the bridge and begins the loop, Gwilin continues "chasing" after and stops just after the bridge to watch

7. You talk to Gwilin, scene, you talk to Temba, Gwilin wanders off

I can make #4 happen as you approach them, so that way you shouldn't have to try to chase her down to talk, but that still leaves Gwilin being a bastard by not playing along. I might have to take some more forceful measures with him...

Gwillin did not have anything to say mod related until he moved. He was leaning on that stone bridge talking to npcs about the 1000 steps and wouldn't talk about Themba at all until walking back to town.

Yeah, that's the problematic Gwilin/Klimmek scene. I should be able to abort it when the player is inside the inn and the chase scene is being set up.

Had a second random bear attacking people, dont know if that was this mod or something wild in my game.

Not the mod. I had that happen once too - it's that one bear cave being so close to town.

Now are you supposed to find out Themba is enjoying this or hating it? Gwillin and Thembas remarks tell a bit of a separate story. As far as taming the bear she had to bang 3 out and I as the pc only had one option at the end to (jump in) but the dialog said I wold be trying again?  Seems like your supposed to be taking turns to see who the bear likes more right ?( which is a great event especially if she gets jealous at the end of it and is sad the bear chooses you) She can come back to see him later at the mansion as a client..

I can't say I put a significant amount of effort into it, but

Spoiler

the impression I want the player to get is that Temba didn't like it at first, but after it kept happening she started to discover she liked it. The issue I had with this is that I got like 90% done with the writing before I realized it all sounded too rapey with splashes of Stockholm Syndrome. And like you say to Elrindir, everything that happens is supposed to be consensual - or at least not non-consensual. So I had to backtrack a lot and rephrase stuff to make it seem less "this bear is repeatedly raping Temba" and more "this bear forced himself on her a couple times and she's decided that it's actually somewhat enjoyable".

The replay quest (ie. if you turn down the bear and change your mind later) was going to be taking Temba back out in the wilds to track down a bear and Stuff Happens. That would revive the whole concept of Temba being publicly against it but privately wanting more.

More or less as I've expected of all the stuff in this mod, I'm putting out first drafts of dialogue with the expectation that I'm going to revise it later. And this is one of those. Needs revisions to convey Temba's true feelings a little more obviously, while still having the sorts of undertones that I got (successfully?) during the horse quest with the servant guy and his wife.

3 hours ago, tasairis said:

I'll think about that. It would have to be something very simple and straightforward given how much of a bother the rest of the quest is

Of course keep it simple, the sheep thing around town and a rando stable guy just doesn't quite fit the transition. Maybe the player stumbles on something.. Ex Messenger from the Jarl is outside with an random update and, the player notices his horse is aroused and gets an idea... Or the Jarl sent the horse to the mansion hoping to calm down frustrated horse. Player hasn't thought about it yet, tries it for the first time and likes it.

There are four three possibilities for how the quest goes:

Okay that makes since, but it somehow skipped in my game. Without spoiling It went from the ffc animation straight to handover no fc scene happened. 

As far as The bear scene double check to make sure the player can activate the bear during the "plan" I couldn't do anything till the end after "it worked"  The impression I had was you are supposed to be able to take turns to win the creature over.

Basically, I want Thaena to have a progressive character arc of her own - very likely tied in with the romancing aspect

Great , Thaena cant of course do everything hte player does but when the third party comes in and watches the door, she can get more involved at that point and the player can help  Fulfill a few desires / train her on bigger creatures if she ha only went for a dog at this point. It would make sense for her to pratice before doing clients or parties on her own in theory. 

44 minutes ago, skyrim482 said:

Okay that makes since, but it somehow skipped in my game. Without spoiling It went from the ffc animation straight to handover no fc scene happened. 

Sounds like I might have accidentally skipped a stage.

As far as The bear scene double check to make sure the player can activate the bear during the "plan" I couldn't do anything till the end after "it worked"  The impression I had was you are supposed to be able to take turns to win the creature over.

I'll rephrase dialogue so it's more clear that you (the player) are basically just making stuff up as you go. At least add a couple more lines here and there beyond the decision-making stuff.

It would make sense for her to pratice before doing clients or parties on her own in theory. 

I was also going to make you training/whatever Thaena on each animal a prerequisite for making it available for parties. Like "A couple clients have asked about group events, and I think that's a great idea, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet..." and 4 or so animals unlocks parties as a whole.

17 hours ago, tasairis said:

Sounds like a good idea for a mod which adds some deliberate, targeted sexual "ambiance" to the world. Like changing Aela's sleep package so that she beds a wolf and/or Skjor before bedding herself.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two mods like that already. Kinda sounds familiar, but all I can think of now is like SL Solutions.

I don't want to do that myself here because it's one of those "doing extra things other than what the mod is about" problems (still focusing on the Mansion and direct interactions with it), but I bet that that idea could be worked into some sort of side quest. Or maybe it's a minor part of some other quest that happens to put you and Aela, and probably other Companions too, into the right circumstances for it to happen.

Yeah it's already a feature added in SexLab Confabulation if you join the Companions. I was just clarifying since it seemed like you thought it was referring to having sex with Aela while she was in Werewolf form. 

2 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Mod name suggestion:

Animal Mansion SE

That makes it sound like an SE port of the original.

I'm currently leaning in the general direction of "Animal Manor" - being a different but recognizable name for a different but recognizable mod. Almost like "<synonym for animal> <synonym for mansion>".