Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

Oh yeah.

• Support for SexLab Approach - JP Plus version. Because that's what I have myself.
    • Automatically pauses/resumes in some situations where it might cause confusion to have running
  • Support for Aroused Creatures
    • Automatically pauses/resumes
    • Option to borrow its "invite" animation in cases where I decided I wanted to do that
  • Overhauled how creature animations are chosen to be much more reliable than what SexLab gives me
    • MCM option to allow male actors to take female positions, which should greatly help with animation support
31 minutes ago, wrath89dragon said:

im sorry if somebody alrdy asked this but ive been using animal mansion plus and i just downloaded yous started a new game went to the mansion and talked to thaena but im not getting any dialogue prompts to start the quest did u change how it starts or added somthing i need to do im using your newest build

I had the same issue. I started the quest in the console and it worked fine after that for me. MQ04 seems to be broken for me though. I keep getting the "Failed to start quest. Did something happen to Ivarstead?" message and can't start it even though the NPC in Ivarstead shouldn't be an issue since I've previously dealt with the relevant Ivarstead quests I believe.  

12 hours ago, wrath89dragon said:

im sorry if somebody alrdy asked this but ive been using animal mansion plus and i just downloaded yous started a new game went to the mansion and talked to thaena but im not getting any dialogue prompts to start the quest did u change how it starts or added somthing i need to do im using your newest build

Did she forcegreet you? And I assume you uninstalled Plus, right?

wtf that's not what I wrote, why you repost that...

11 hours ago, fairy3315 said:

I had the same issue. I started the quest in the console and it worked fine after that for me. MQ04 seems to be broken for me though. I keep getting the "Failed to start quest. Did something happen to Ivarstead?" message and can't start it even though the NPC in Ivarstead shouldn't be an issue since I've previously dealt with the relevant Ivarstead quests I believe.

Damn. I'll revert the change and reupload.

Kinda weird, though. Starting the quest through the dialogue or through the console shouldn't change how it starts - at least when it comes to Gwilin. But I don't see what else it could be...

If you start it from the console, also setstage to 10.

11 hours ago, wrath89dragon said:

i got it to work i loaded it a little lower in my load order started a new game 

the first time i loaded at lakeview and checked the map and didnt see a marker i was using 3.0 so i quit out double checked that it was loaded checked here noticed 4.0 and updated

There is no map marker when you first load the mod. It only shows up when you talk with Thaena.

Which, in retrospect, is a bit weird. I'll make the marker be available from the start - but you'll still have to go there to get it.

50 minutes ago, tasairis said:

wtf that's not what I wrote, why you repost that...

Damn. I'll revert the change and reupload.

Kinda weird, though. Starting the quest through the dialogue or through the console shouldn't change how it starts - at least when it comes to Gwilin. But I don't see what else it could be...

If you start it from the console, also setstage to 10.

I just realized I worded that kinda weird. For clarification, I had to start the MQ00 through the console because when I went to the mansion the first time, Thaena didn't give me any dialogue prompts/force greet at all (clean save) so the only way I could find around that was to start it through the console and setstage to 10 and it worked perfectly after that . MQ04 kept giving me the failed to start quest popup when attempting to start it through the dialogue. I didn't try to start that one through the console because I remembered reading you say there might be an issue with it.

I love what you've done with it so far though. I had only recently found AMP and was disappointed to see it unfinished, and so far your AM4 is more engaging, entertaining, and less buggy in general. Thanks for deciding to take it on! 

:O big update, cant decide if i should install since i rly want to play it or have some self control and wait until more is out, hard decisions

2 hours ago, fairy3315 said:

I just realized I worded that kinda weird. For clarification, I had to start the MQ00 through the console because when I went to the mansion the first time, Thaena didn't give me any dialogue prompts/force greet at all (clean save) so the only way I could find around that was to start it through the console and setstage to 10 and it worked perfectly after that . MQ04 kept giving me the failed to start quest popup when attempting to start it through the dialogue. I didn't try to start that one through the console because I remembered reading you say there might be an issue with it.

Oookay, that makes more sense.

MQ00 starts on game load. Any errors in your Papyrus log?

12 minutes ago, MaximusApp said:

:O big update, cant decide if i should install since i rly want to play it or have some self control and wait until more is out, hard decisions

Please don't install on a save you want to keep around. I might break stuff in the future, like I did with 0.4 just yesterday.

There isn't a whole lot of replayability yet: some main quests and that's all. When I get something repeatable out, like client stuff (two releases away?), then I might release for real and stop breaking things.

Patched. Animal Mansion 4 patch 0.4.1.rar

Overwrite/merge that with 0.4.

- MQ00 problem: I set it up to depend on an internal quest, but on first load that doesn't necessary work if this one tries to start first.

Instructions: if you haven't already, use the console to "startquest am4_MQ00".

- MQ04/Ivarstead problem: Fucking Gwilin. The way Skyrim's quest aliases work with regard to (non-)persistent references like him is absolute trash. Mind-boggling fucked up. I worked around it.

Instructions: talk to Thaena again.

No bug reports from me tasairis. Just continued thanks for working on this mod. I haven't installed your version yet as I'll wait till I'm ready to start a new game. I'm looking forward to see what you've done with the mansion's interior, if anything. I'm known to make addons for mods for personal use. Anyway, don't forget to eat and sleep once in awhile. Your fans will still appreciate ya

My Best

Thanks for the great update.

I don't know if I'm the only one

In am4_MQ03 after training with Aela I am supposed to be the bitch but I get an endless loop and it just doesn't jump to the next stage. Had to help over the console.

Problem came from Sexlab it completely crashed

In am4_MQ04 after I had Temba work and it was my turn to mate with the bears, the animation starts but then the computer loads and the screen turns black.

Problem came from Sexlab it completely crashed

Only the transition from am4_MQ04 Stage 55 to 60 did not work for me

Play as a female person and have the patch on it too.

This is great! I played it from start to finish without console commands, in a heavily modded Skyrim, and had no issues apart from the Ivarstead one. After the patch, everything worked seamlessly.

It may be worth mentioning, to who may be wondering, that it is possible to change Thaena's appearance using phenderix's Project Proteus. So far, I have not encountered any compatibility issues with these two mods, so thats also really cool.

At last, I should say I really like the way you are handling this mod, tasairis! Thanks for all the hard work!

On 3/11/2021 at 2:37 AM, ChrisHPZ said:

I'm looking forward to see what you've done with the mansion's interior, if anything.

Spoiler: not much. The main and upper floors are basically the same, and while I pretty much redid the basement (it felt cramped) it's still quite bland.

And it will remain so until the end of the vanilla questline, after which Things Will Change.

On 3/11/2021 at 2:45 AM, Unicom1981 said:

Only the transition from am4_MQ04 Stage 55 to 60 did not work for me

Play as a female person and have the patch on it too.

Huh. I think I had that same issue, but some SexLab weirdness happened at the same time so I assumed the glitch was on that side.

I'll take another look.

The mod is great and getting better. Here is my feedback for the 0.4.

I started it a couple days ago and I had to start the main quest manually. I did not encounter any bugs in MQ 01 and MQ 02. Unfortunately i could not test the issues from the v0.3 in the MQ2. In v0.3 in MQ 02 at Solitude i got attacked by a dragon and the Quest NPC run off and did not return to the quest area after I dealt with the dragon. Do the NPCs return to the quest area in the 0.4?

MQ03 worked well. No bugs encountered. Only a small dialog issue here. Maybe i misread something, but i got the impression, that the companions invited the PC, because the PC got famous, and everyone was talking about the PC. But at this stage of the main quest, the AM did not have any customers yet, so no fame yet.

Spoiler

Here is a possible explanation, in case you need some ideas: The invitation could be made, because the companions learned about the dog sale "incident" in Rorikstead from one of theirs groups, that traveled through Rorikstead at that time. They witnessed the evaluation of the dogs and the reaction of the crowd first hand and reported it to the companions. You could even place some some companion NPCs near the dog sale (passive or active, like cheering and remarks).

With v0.41 the MQ 04 started and i could do the quest without any problems. I did not have the quest markers everywhere, but the descriptions where very good. Is it possible not to fail the quest "Speak with Temba"? No bugs encountered here.

Here some dialog ideas: Temba said, that the guards do not help her, they just watch and laugh. I have not seen any guards near Temba, only Gwillin. Would it be possible to let some guards follow Temba together with Gwillin and do some remarks about Temba and the bear, maybe cheering Temba and/or the bear and later the PC. Just some ideas.

There was a small inconvenience with every quest, when the animal had to be brought to the cellar. I did not have the quest markers and the animals always stop in the doorway and block the exit, as soon as i entered the target room. After leaving AM and returning to the cellar, the animals were always in their rooms. My Skyrim is heavily modded, so maybe the problem is on my side.

I general i like your version of AM and i am looking forward to see more of it. You did an amazing job.

My 2 cents

cheers

1 hour ago, monty359 said:

I started it a couple days ago and I had to start the main quest manually. I did not encounter any bugs in MQ 01 and MQ 02. Unfortunately i could not test the issues from the v0.3 in the MQ2. In v0.3 in MQ 02 at Solitude i got attacked by a dragon and the Quest NPC run off and did not return to the quest area after I dealt with the dragon. Do the NPCs return to the quest area in the 0.4?

They should have AI to return them to their positions, and they're also essential.

Well, unless if you're at the point where you try out the horse, during which time she'll try to follow you. For now - that'll probably change a bit with 0.4.2 when I redo AI.

If you still have that game, "sqv am4_mq02" to dump the quest data, find the Solitude hostler ref, "prid <her id>" and "moveto player".

Try that a short distance from the stables area and see if she walks back to her position.

Actually wait. Before that, sqv, find her ID, then "player.moveto <her id>". That will teleport you to her position so you can see what happened.

Then you can do the prid + moveto when you're around the stables to teleport her to you.

MQ03 worked well. No bugs encountered. Only a small dialog issue here. Maybe i misread something, but i got the impression, that the companions invited the PC, because the PC got famous, and everyone was talking about the PC. But at this stage of the main quest, the AM did not have any customers yet, so no fame yet.

The idea is that there are rumors around Skyrim about what someone did in Rorikstead and Vilkas (presumably) tracked it down to you.

I'll see what I can do about focusing on that concept more.

With v0.41 the MQ 04 started and i could do the quest without any problems. I did not have the quest markers everywhere, but the descriptions where very good. Is it possible not to fail the quest "Speak with Temba"? No bugs encountered here.

I'll check again that I set up the markers, but dumb question: you sure you had the quest marked in the journal?

No, you are supposed to fail that. I considered rephrasing Gwilin's objective to be like "Temba is too busy to talk, try Gwilin instead" and then didn't. I think I'll do that after all.

Here some dialog ideas: Temba said, that the guards do not help her, they just watch and laugh. I have not seen any guards near Temba, only Gwillin. Would it be possible to let some guards follow Temba together with Gwillin and do some remarks about Temba and the bear, maybe cheering Temba and/or the bear and later the PC. Just some ideas.

Makes sense to me.

There was a small inconvenience with every quest, when the animal had to be brought to the cellar. I did not have the quest markers and the animals always stop in the doorway and block the exit, as soon as i entered the target room. After leaving AM and returning to the cellar, the animals were always in their rooms. My Skyrim is heavily modded, so maybe the problem is on my side.

They should be following you closely enough that if you walk into the room then they'll get close enough to trigger "being inside the room".

The bear is a bit of a problem, though. He's fat. Just barely fits in the doorway, so (at least for me) he tends to fight the doorway for a few seconds before he finally walks in.

I should be change that stuff so it works when the animal is about at the doorway too.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

They should have AI to return them to their positions, and they're also essential.

Well, unless if you're at the point where you try out the horse, during which time she'll try to follow you. For now - that'll probably change a bit with 0.4.2 when I redo AI.

If you still have that game, "sqv am4_mq02" to dump the quest data, find the Solitude hostler ref, "prid <her id>" and "moveto player".

Try that a short distance from the stables area and see if she walks back to her position.

Actually wait. Before that, sqv, find her ID, then "player.moveto <her id>". That will teleport you to her position so you can see what happened.

Then you can do the prid + moveto when you're around the stables to teleport her to you.

I do not have the save anymore, but i remember, i found her (the NPC) half way to the stormcloak camp south of solitude. She just stood there. I guess i can test the returning AI with the "moveto player " command and see, if she returns to the stables.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

I'll check again that I set up the markers, but dumb question: you sure you had the quest marked in the journal?

I did not check after every questupdate, but when i checked, there was always some sort of description and i was able to find the next objective with that information.

MQ04 had descriptions, vage but because of the nature of the quest it was enough to get it done, the only "difficult" objective was to find Temba. I tried to  succeed in speaking with her and loaded multiple times only to find out, that she was always on an different spot after leaving the tavern ;)

Great so far. I love branching in quests. Couple issues thou: immersive horses incompaibility (no popup appeared until i completelly removed mod - it was crap thou, making majority of horses female), dont know about convenient horses thou. Second issue i got: Gwillin didn't gave a fuck about situation with Themba in my playthrough, he was just chilling chopping wood and had no dialouge topic, had to advance stage. Couple of suggestions: in wolf quest mod should recognize if PC is already a member of companions, and maybe some interaction with Sexlab Confabulation? ( In this mod u can fuck members in their Werewolf forms and have some time with Aeyla and her wolf among many others).

11 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

immersive horses incompaibility (no popup appeared until i completelly removed mod - it was crap thou, making

majority of horses female),

Hmm. That may be something I have to code into my mod. I'll look into that.

In the meantime, anything that starts a sex scene works, like Aroused Creatures's invite thing, or even MatchMaker.

Gwillin didn't gave a fuck about situation with Themba in my playthrough, he was just chilling chopping wood and had no dialouge topic, had to advance stage.

Which stage number was it on? I assume the first Temba objective was failed and the active one was for Gwilin?

Couple of suggestions: in wolf quest mod should recognize if PC is already a member of companions,

There is a little bit of that already, but I could certainly add more. Kinda forgot about doing that after I trashed the original quest and rewrote it.

and maybe some interaction with Sexlab Confabulation? ( In this mod u can fuck members in their Werewolf forms and have some time with Aeyla and her wolf among many others).

I'm not really sure that a werewolf-Aela makes sense in that situation? I'd also like to keep the quest on the simpler side, and it already has 4 variations now.

I think anything involving werewolf-ed Companions would be better served through side quests. Keep the main quests fairly straightforward so the player can unlock animals, clients, and side quests faster, then focus on side quest variety for more interesting things.