Which is better sims 4 or 2

While I like some features of Sims 4 (CAS, can travel and live in any world at anytime, etc...); but when it came to gameplay Sims 2 was the best and it hadn't been the same since. It seemed like Sims 4 wanted to be Sims 2 but couldn't (I mean I guess we can't have sims literally go crazy and have psychiatrist visit us like they could in the past).

I miss Sims 2. Fun, funny at times, challenging, etc...

Sims 2, hands down. If it weren’t for WW and my newfound interest in creating adult content for TS4, my time would still be devoted TS2. As stated, the gameplay was fantastic and hilarious. To this day I’m still finding little interactions I didn’t know existed. Anytime I play I feel like a kid again, haha, it’s precious.
TS1 & TS2 are the best out of the franchise. 

S2 & S3 are far better for game play, content, and character but a bit lacking in the graphics department.

(TS2 had many mods but are really hard to find now due to broken links and sites that went down)

(Last year I decided to play TS2 again and it was a PITA trying to find all the mods again, just a Heads Up if you're planning on adding mods).

(Sex mods are crude at best, and harder to get working without conflicts, so I wouldn't even bother)

S4 has great graphics and many awesome mods like WW/Animations(Sex Mods), Basemental Drugs, etc., but lacks the rest of the above.

So S4 is better, if only for ALL of the good available mods, than S2/S3.

I'm back playing S3 ATM and still love it mostly because of the open worlds, that I can also edit with the world editor BTW.

My sim can run across the street to visit my neighbors without the loading screens and I love it.

Plus all the Cars and Motorcycles you can have and use.

Pool Slides and real Diving Boards plus working Spiral Stairs are just a few other nice features. 

It helps to have a decent PC for one thing and you must have the proper NRass mods to keep it running decent.

Installing some of the fixed worlds helps with eliminating most of the routing errors.

But I don't install Pets or Seasons and stay away from the Island Paradise world, (although I haven't tried out that fixed world just yet).

(The fixed Sunset Valley world is working great though).

Has some decent mods but the Sex/Mod/Animations are not nearly as good as TS4.

Since I bought most all the S3 packs cheap & used from Ebay long ago it's been the best money spent so far.

Guess I'm the oddball cause my favorite is still TS3(for Gameplay) and then TS4(for SEX/Graphics Detail) :)

(But I still have all 3 installed and switch back to play the others sometimes)

16 hours ago, Proje said:

What? No horse riding around the town? 

Nope, Pets and Seasons are both known for causing excessive game lag and I'd rather play around with just the cars and sims anyway, lol.

That might be why I've never had all the game crashing and lag that so many others complained about ?.

• 2 weeks later...

I only started playing Sims when 'World Adventures' came out for Sims 3. But I've heard Sims 2 was much more fun and creative. Sims 4 is good enough for me, I don't miss the open world of Sims 3 because it was a laggy mess. I do miss 'Sim-Fu' however, I wish they would bring Sim-Fu back into the Sims 4!!

• 3 weeks later...

S4 original still looks like a kind of cheap plastic.

No chance to have a private world without shitty EA spawnings or using Cats & Dogs without all times sick pets  everywhere.

You need mods for every single thing to clean up the EA mess in your game.

No Create A Style...

Blurry screenshots without mods or bit of post-processing.

Probably an experiment whether gamers also pay for crap, especially if you have modding experience with S3 - and OKW  :D

• 2 weeks later...