Milkable Colonists updated for 1.1

Great work on this, I like the changes and updates you've made to the mod. I'd love to see some of the drug-induced or lactation induced Hediffs and thoughts similar to S16's Milk Economy mod that he forked from the RJW Apparel and Sextoys Extension, they do a great job adding some character to the roleplaying experience. I love your work and I'm grateful for the updates to 1.4!

Thank you for reworking this mod, especially the volume changes and the addition of leaking!

Is it possible to safely remove the old MC mod, save the game, then add in your new one?

Also, would it be practical to enable older pawns to also be the target of a breastfeeding action? Or just enable it as an interact choice?

I'm not sure if you can swap out versions. I would suggest saving the game and trying it to see what happens. It might be okay?  Currently my version isn't compatible with C0ffee's rimworld ideology addons.

I do have thoughts about breastfeeding options and I'm doing investigations into it when I find time but I don't know when (Or if) it will be coming.

I had to track down the source, but found it here. I may be stupid - how is your version supposed to be installed? Do we delete the original rjw-mc and put yours in, do we leave it in and have yours in a separate folder, or do we put yours in the original folder and overwrite files? 

Right now, I'm using the last version, but that causes all hediffs to stop progressing when using lact-max (have not tried other methods of lactation) (menstruation cycle stops, wounds do not heal, addictions and highs don't disappear, etc)

15 minutes ago, Promenade said:

I had to track down the source, but found it here. I may be stupid - how is your version supposed to be installed? Do we delete the original rjw-mc and put yours in, do we leave it in and have yours in a separate folder, or do we put yours in the original folder and overwrite files? 

Right now, I'm using the last version, but that causes all hediffs to stop progressing when using lact-max (have not tried other methods of lactation) (menstruation cycle stops, wounds do not heal, addictions and highs don't disappear, etc)

Make sure Rimworlds not running. Delete old mod, then copy new mod into yer mods folder. If your using Coffees lazy installer make sure you dont overwrite it.

Thank you. Tried the different install, but issue still persists. In fact, from further testing, it comes from any lactation at all, even Biotech's. Tried to see if performance optimizers were causing some sort of data or per-tick check loss, but no dice there either. I've poked through the mod, but can't find a culprit. I've only a passing knowledge of C# and Rimworld's stuff myself. I'll keep looking.

Edited by Promenade

You'll have to remove any older versions to use my new biotech version or else there is likely to be problems.

Before swapping, note that my new version is not compatible with C0ffee's Rimworld-Ideology-Addons. I've been doing some digging in regards to compatibility with RIA and doing tests re-introducing things I had cut. However even with those re-instated RIA uses harmony to do direct code patches to the original Milkable Colonists which will not be compatible with my re-write. (Which is a bummer.) I can't make my new version compatible with the existing version of RIA.

If you do still want to use RIA I recompiled the original MC here.  It's not perfect but it should work for 1.4.

Edited by onslort

Semi-random post to get thoughts and feedback.

This is my current state of messing around and adding things. I have a new tab where you can assign who can or can't breastfeed babies, and who can or can't milk or be milked.  (Not quite ready for release yet, still a work in progress.)

image.png.3dae01bfc13c1dd6fb5c990ac128924b.png

The idea here is you could assign pawns to be milked but not allow them to breastfeed babies. (Slaves and prisoners.) Or don't let anyone feed a baby directly and you feed them baby food instead. Give options for what you want to do with your pawns. This setup will also allow you to only assign pawns that are good at handling to manual milking as well, so you get less 'wasted product' popups.

The reason for this framework is so that when I look into adult breastfeeding next, you will be able to stop the pawns being targeted by other jobs so your pawn's meal will be ready when they're hungry. I still have to learn how work givers and jobs are setup and I might also look into how animations work as well. I can't say when that will all be done. Could be a while yet.

If there is a demand for it I can clean up the WIP version with the new tab and options once I sort some bugs out.

Please drop in any thoughts or feedback.

15 minutes ago, onslort said:

Полуслучайный пост для получения мыслей и отзывов.

Это мое текущее состояние возиться и добавлять вещи. У меня есть новая вкладка, где вы можете назначить, кто может или не может кормить детей грудью, и кто может или не может доить или быть доенным. (Еще не совсем готов к выпуску, работа еще не завершена.)

изображение.png.3dae01bfc13c1dd6fb5c990ac128924b.png

Идея здесь в том, что вы можете назначать пешек для доения, но не позволять им кормить грудью младенцев. (Рабы и заключенные.) Или не позволяйте никому кормить ребенка напрямую, а вместо этого кормите их детским питанием. Дайте варианты того, что вы хотите сделать со своими пешками. Эта настройка также позволит вам назначать только те пешки, которые хорошо справляются с ручным доением, поэтому вы получаете меньше всплывающих окон с «потерянным продуктом».

Причина этой схемы в том, что, когда я рассмотрю грудное вскармливание взрослых в следующий раз, вы сможете остановить пешек, на которые нацелены другие рабочие места, чтобы еда вашей пешки была готова, когда они голодны. Мне все еще нужно узнать, как настраиваются дающие задания и задания, и я мог бы также изучить, как работают анимации. Не могу сказать, когда все это будет сделано. Может быть, еще какое-то время.

Если на это есть спрос, я могу очистить WIP-версию с новой вкладкой и параметрами, как только я разберусь с некоторыми ошибками.

Пожалуйста, напишите любые мысли или отзывы.

I have a couple of suggestions for what can be done.
For example, it might not be bad when using Hyperlact's or some new drug to remove them from the list of pawns.
What I mean. Previously, it was such that the drug caused damage to the brain, turning pawns into cows, though putting them aside in the list of colonists. I suggest using the race change mechanic for this, for example by assigning them a race parameter of hooks, thereby removing most of the heddiffs and needs, allowing breeding.
Moreover, it is possible to do this at the expense of the gene or the ability of the manager's hooks. It's just weird that a cow can freak out from sleeping on the floor :D

I also think I could help with the milking machines. This is something that was demanded by all versions, but at the same time no one realized it, as well as outfits for cows. I think we will not even have problems with the size aparel, because we obviously do not need to cover the breasts.

9 hours ago, onslort said:

This is my current state of messing around and adding things. I have a new tab where you can assign who can or can't breastfeed babies, and who can or can't milk or be milked.  (Not quite ready for release yet, still a work in progress.)

The idea here is you could assign pawns to be milked but not allow them to breastfeed babies. (Slaves and prisoners.) Or don't let anyone feed a baby directly and you feed them baby food instead. Give options for what you want to do with your pawns. This setup will also allow you to only assign pawns that are good at handling to manual milking as well, so you get less 'wasted product' popups.

The reason for this framework is so that when I look into adult breastfeeding next, you will be able to stop the pawns being targeted by other jobs so your pawn's meal will be ready when they're hungry. I still have to learn how work givers and jobs are setup and I might also look into how animations work as well. I can't say when that will all be done. Could be a while yet.

If there is a demand for it I can clean up the WIP version with the new tab and options once I sort some bugs out.

i really like this idea, and i think all the assignments should be enabled by default

18 hours ago, Akaluto said:

I have a couple of suggestions for what can be done.
For example, it might not be bad when using Hyperlact's or some new drug to remove them from the list of pawns.
What I mean. Previously, it was such that the drug caused damage to the brain, turning pawns into cows, though putting them aside in the list of colonists. I suggest using the race change mechanic for this, for example by assigning them a race parameter of hooks, thereby removing most of the heddiffs and needs, allowing breeding.
Moreover, it is possible to do this at the expense of the gene or the ability of the manager's hooks. It's just weird that a cow can freak out from sleeping on the floor :D

I also think I could help with the milking machines. This is something that was demanded by all versions, but at the same time no one realized it, as well as outfits for cows. I think we will not even have problems with the size aparel, because we obviously do not need to cover the breasts.

Changing pawn types or genes is way beyond what I want to do right now. (And can do right now.)

Milking machines, both stationary and worn are on my list of possible things to do at some point. Stationary would be some kind of structure you build that you could put your pawn into to milk them. That would be my first choice as I think it would be easier than making art that fits all the different races/sizes/models/bodies that people use.

5 hours ago, IDAZIZ said:

i have an idea to share, have breasts expand based on how much milk is stored in, and vice versa

I have also pondered this on occasion.

It might be an interesting thing to try and make work, and might be relatively quick compared to some other things I'm trying to do.

8 hours ago, IDAZIZ said:

у меня есть идея поделиться, увеличить грудь в зависимости от того, сколько в ней хранится молока, и наоборот

I would like to have a checkbox to disable this feature, it's stupid and unrealistic  :D Too much for me. Because even though we call them cow girls, they are still not cow udders, but cool breasts.

3 hours ago, onslort said:

Менять типы пешек или гены — это намного больше, чем я хочу сделать прямо сейчас. (И может сделать прямо сейчас.)

Доильные аппараты, как стационарные, так и изношенные, в какой-то момент находятся в моем списке возможных вещей. Стационарным будет своего рода структура, которую вы строите, в которую вы можете поставить свою пешку, чтобы доить их. Это был бы мой первый выбор, поскольку я думаю, что это было бы проще, чем создавать искусство, подходящее для всех рас / размеров / моделей / тел, которые используют люди.

If I can help, with something other than code, write)

3 hours ago, onslort said:

I have also pondered this on occasion.

It might be an interesting thing to try and make work, and might be relatively quick compared to some other things I'm trying to do.

And I think you should make your post, not work here. I highly recommend)

A suggestion to make the induce lactation ability to work with the ideologies mod. Make it so "Induce lactation" gives a hediff to a pawn that causes them to lactate. However it starts off with a large debuff that limits milk production. So overtime milk production would start at 0% then it works its way up to 100%. I suppose kinda like a disease and severity stages.

On 11/27/2022 at 2:31 PM, onslort said:

I really like this! My only problem with the original MC and with every way I tried to imagine allowing pawns to breastfeed is that being milked usually interrupts them while they're doing something else. It would be great to have that level of control over who is allowed to do what with the milking system.

Breast expansion due to milk output also sounds fun, but wouldn't that cause problems with milk production being influenced by breast size? Would you just make it a cosmetic change, but leave the part size the same? I suppose the risk of runaway milk production from an unmilked colonist could cause fun and funny problems. It could be almost like a mini RJW narrator event! The tradoff of being able to store up more milk if you missed a milking session also seems like it might help balance the risk.

You're doing the empress' work! Keep it up! :)

A short and late post. (Late for me, anyway.)

I have breastfeeding mostly working. Hopefully I'll have a new file posted by this time tomorrow that includes breastfeeding and the selection of who can do what.  (No breast expansion by milk amount. Still deciding on what to do there.)

My code is ugly and still has some bugs and tweaks I need to do. But I want to get this out the door so I can play the new World of Warcraft expansion...

Ver 005 Update:  (Early WIP, Still messy, But working)

You can now assign which pawns will do which jobs.

The fullness string will now display the amount of milk bottles in parenthesis ( ) after. This is still ugly and displays a lot of decimal places. Will fix later.
Note: On the back end, milking a human is a handling job, if a pawn is not set to handling they cannot manually milk another pawn.
Breastfeeding is a 'Patient' job as I needed something that everyone could do. Make sure your pawn can do 'Patient' in the work tab if you want them to be able to breastfeed.

To start breastfeeding, the pawn doing the feeding needs to be below 50% food.

Amount of milk has been tweaked. Large breasts will give less milk than before, but now all milk values are constant across all jobs.

Note that an adult breastfeeding cannot get enough nutrition using base values, so there is a debug multiplier in the options that you can change to increase how much more nutrition an adult would get compared to a baby.  5 is default.  You may want to set it higher.

Breastfeeding and milking jobs will only start at 100%+ fullness, but then they will continue until done.

My job setup/milking setup is a horrible hack. It works.

There are probably bugs. It's late, I'm going to bed.

Convenient link to download post

Edited by onslort

Thanks for updating the mod; it's always good to have plenty of warm, fresh milk to keep the colony running happily.

I don't think it's a serious issue, but I get an error whenever a lactating colonist leaves the colony map as part of a caravan:

Exception ticking world pawn Lish. Suppressing further errors. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Milk.HumanCompHasGatherableBodyResource.CompTick () [0x004b3] in <d494fe0a3f3a43d3bf98c784f4e54882>:0 
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00024] in <8c412d4a16f94d4cb337e846f2dee469>:0 

Everything seems to resume smoothly when they return to the map, though.

Ver 006 Updates:  (Sort of cleaned up. Might still have bugs but looking good in my testing.)

Cleaned up fullness display string.

Fixed a bug that could cause an exception if a milkable colonist went off map. (I think.)

Added some thoughts to milkable pawns. Small values based on milk state.  Also accounts for masochists.

New option added: Breast Growth Max Size. Default value 1. If you have a mod that can display it, you can change this to 2 to have pawns breasts rather large. You could potentially make it higher, I didn't test it. If you make the value and you don't like how your pawns' breast end up looking, changing this value back to a lower number will shrink anyone larger down to that number.

New drug to go along with max breast size implementation. Lact-X-Swell. It will help make those breasts grow big and strong. Don't overdose and have a swell time!

Convenient link to download post

Edited by onslort
8 часов назад, Онслорт сказал:

Обновления Ver 006: (В наличии роде подчищено. Возможно, все еще есть ошибки, но в моем тестировании все выглядит хорошо.)

Очищена буква отображения полноты.

Исправлена ошибка, которая могла привести к исключению, если колонист, которого можно было доить, уходил за пределы карты. (Я думаю.)

Добавлены некоторые мысли о пешках, которые можно доить. Небольшие значения в зависимости от состояния молока. Также приходится мазохистам.

Добавлена новая опция: Максимальный рост груди. по умолчанию 1. Если у вас есть мод, который может его значение отображать, вы можете изменить это значение на 2, чтобы была довольно большая пешки. Потенциально можно сделать выше, я не проверял. Если вы производите значение, а вам не нравится, как в конечном результате выглядят формы ваших пешек, изменение этого значения обратно на меньшее число уменьшит все, что больше, до этого числа.

Новый препарат для реализации максимального размера груди. Лакт-X-Swell. Это поможет сделать эти груди большими и доступными. Не переусердствуйте и наслаждайтесь!

Удобная ссылка для скачивания почты

Let me help you with the translation into Russian again)