SexoutClothingEval.esp

View File

This module was originally designed to be an MCM enabled user interface for the Sexout Check Me Out module. When you have this module installed, you can classify your equipped clothing (and armor and accessories) into categories which have been defined in Sexout Common Resources. So, this module may have future uses for content which has yet to be written. (If you are a modder: these categories have been implemented using Form Lists - one for each category, and this module adds/removes the base item associated with an equipped gear slot to/from those lists, and any sexout mod may check to see if a piece of gear is in one of those lists.)

Note that "ClothingEval" in the name of this plugin is a reference to functionality that I have not yet written (hypothetically, I think it would be nice if you could get a concise description of how your clothing makes you look). Also, note that this module provides almost no sexual content, by itself, other than suggestive names in some of your choices for classifying your gear - that said, the Fallout NV design for gear slots contained three slots with non-descriptive names and I have opted to give them names consistent with Sexout use patterns - you may find these names embarrassing or irritating if you are equipping non-Sexout specific gear in those locations.

For this module to be installed without error, you need to have Sexout and Sexout Common Resources installed. Additionally, to use this module, you will need to have activated The Mod Configuration Menu.esp (but if you installed Sexout properly, you should already have that).

Suspected issue: Sexout Pregnancy has been implemented using equivalent-gear-swapping and I do not believe I added any support for that, so if your character is pregnant you may want to reclassify your gear when your character's pregnancy advances.

Update: I have added a variant "SexoutClothingEval-SSR.zip" based on an esp provided to me by DoctaSax. Use this one if you are using SSR instead of Sexout Common Resources. Note that currently you cannot tell whether you have the SSR or SCR version of SexoutClothingEval.esp by looking at the file name - you will have to track where you got it from (Fallout Mod Manager can be helpful here).

I will definitively give it a try. All it need now is a way to select/add a backpack in the list of gear to be removed =>.<=backpack

I do not think I have a formlist for that. :/

There is a formlist for armors to *not* be removed, but I have not yet spotted a formlist for armors that need to be removed.

Here are some preliminary code docs.

Philosophy: Things that I did "right".

FalloutNV includes the source code for scripts in the mod itself. But it only uses a few bits to record the length of the script. So our scripts have to be short. I avoid this issue by creating new quests -- which have repeatable stages -- and pasting the code into a quest stage. Since quest stage processing is synchronous, this code runs immediately when I set that quest stage. Note that I have to set the quest stage to a different stage when I am done, so that the code can be run again.

Philosophy: Abusive programming techiques which I used.

MCM advocates a particular programming style and some semantics for the names it uses. These are good guidelines, but I felt that if I followed them literally and to the letter I would have an awkward and clunky UI experience. But it turns out that the "Reset" code runs not only to initialize the menu, but also runs every time a value changes -- it has to -- "Reset" is how values get updated onto the screen. So, I can change titles, and types (and of course enable/disable and values) in Reset.

Also, I have to implement value changing in the New Value part of the script. And, quite often, I am not changing the value which was selected, but am changing another value instead. In particular, I am abusing the "type 6" boolean during gear selection. I am using this mechanism to implement a button -- the value being changed is the value which gets displayed on line 1 (and the associated boolean which says that it has a meaningful value) -- SCES.rSelected and SCES.bSelected.

Also, I do not get a "menu" closed event, so I close the menu (resetting SCES.bSelected and SCES.bEvalHeadgear) in every game-mode frame update.

And, a note on the coding structure and what this means for future versions

The code which updates strings onto the display is fixed to a specific display element. So to move an item to a different line in this code, I would have to remove the code which updates the current line and then add the code which updates a different line.

And, an issue I am uncertain about:

Currently, I have script processing delay for the menu code set to 0.01 (no faster than 100FPS), so its snappy. I could perhaps get away with 0.1? (no faster than 10FPS) -- I am not certain how people perceive though. But I expect that some menu processing takes multiple "frames" to complete. So... I do not know...

Philosophy: Things that I did "wrong", and have not fixed yet (read all of the above first, so this part makes sense):

When I was coding this, I mistakenly thought that "SetUIFloat", "SetUIString" and "SetUIStringEX" had to appear in the quest script which controlled the menu. I thought this because I was not thinking about them at all -- I simply did not understand how they worked. It turns out, though, that that the first argument to these functions is a selector (much like an XPath selector) for a specific xml element in the xml which defines the MCM menu. So, I should be able to migrate that code into other quests without any problem -- there is no implicit reference to the quest itself. Additionally, I might be able to eliminate some code by using a selector which updates all values of a given type (untested).

I also split out the code into "too few" quest stages. After I merge strings back into the other code that manipulated related parts of those UI elements, I should split reset in half (selecting/selected) and new value in half (selecting/selected). That said, I am going to leave the standin variables I am using for the ui floats. If I use the full xml selector in every places that would give a ui float a literal value I would have to repeat some of those selectors up to 10 times -- and that would create script bulk because xml selectors are so long.

Also, for things like the "Selected" display mode (where gear is selected and you are categorizing it), the code is physically arranged based on where the lines appear on the screen. In a complete re-write, I would re-arrange these so that everything in a single list was adjacent.

Also, one of the "reset in game mode" variables (the one that says which type of form list you are editing) should be reset in the menu script, since it is not relevant until after you have interacted with the menu. I might also move the reset code into a quest which runs once every five seconds -- but honestly, setting two values like that has so little overhead that I think I am not going to worry about it.

I will definitively give it a try. All it need now is a way to select/add a backpack in the list of gear to be removed =>.<=backpack

There is a formlist for armors to *not* be removed' date=' but I have not yet spotted a formlist for armors that need to be removed.

[/quote']

It's a good idea, but sen4mi probably can't move on it without prideslayer allowing for it in NG.

Can't seem to get the clothing evaluator to work. When I click on it in the Mod Configuration Menu tool, I get a window with no text about any outfits. Also, the description of this mod keeps mentioning the SCES key. Is there a default key for that as I am not being asked to choose a key for that purpose.

There is a formlist for armors to *not* be removed' date=' but I have not yet spotted a formlist for armors that need to be removed.

[/quote']

It's a good idea, but sen4mi probably can't move on it without prideslayer allowing for it in NG.

Prideslayer has proper backpack removal on his TODO list for SexoutNG.

• 7 months later...

None that I can see, Hal. Unless there's a buildref I overlooked somewhere. The way it's set up, it doesn't need the code. What sen4mi did was use mine as a proof of concept for the addformtoformlist command being persistent, & follow my organization of the lists, but using MCM interface & allowing almost all slots. The rest of my code is just messagebox stuff, getting the hotkey to work, & quite a bit of redundancy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone is going to update this mod to check for the missing slots that it doesn't pick up. I know it doesn't show up equipment that goes on the mouth slot or the body add on 3 slot, after playing around with different equipments. I was able to tinker the equipment I wanted to use to use the body addon 2 slot which it does recognize using FNVedit(this is listed as the Bottom slotin the mcm interface for this mod), but it would be nice not to have too, especially since I don't really know what I'm doing;)

In any case it is far easier to use then the old sces system, but as with most things in life, could always be improved:)

I was wondering if anyone is going to update this mod to check for the missing slots that it doesn't pick up. I know it doesn't show up equipment that goes on the mouth slot or the body add on 3 slot' date=' after playing around with different equipments.

[/quote']

I am surprised. I specifically included code to deal with equipment in those slots.

I have not played new vegas for months, but I do not like my code having bugs in it, and this could be the impetus I need to get playing again...

But, before I go there, could you tell me specifically which pieces of gear you were having problems with? (Then I can see if I have problems with the same gear -- if I do not have problems I am going to suspect something else you have installed is somehow interfering, but if I can reproduce your problem that means I can tell if or when I have a fix for it.)

Thank you!

:blush:

Kristinas's closet by jonas http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47059

Specifically the Slinky Lace Stockings Black and White. I never got them working with the old sces evaluation system, and they don't show up in the mcm menu for this one. I noticed that the dragongirl thong from the same mod did show up in the mcm menu, so that's when I went into FNVedit to see if it would allow me to change the slot an item occupies, which it does. The thong used body add on slot 2, and I thought it would be neat to have both so I changed the stockings from the mouth slot to use body add on 3 slot. After I saved the change I loaded up and found that it didn't show up as body add on 3 either. I then figured fuck it, I will sacrifice the thong and changed them to body add on slot 2. It now works and they show up in mcm as any other piece of gear.

One nice thing about jonas's mod if you don't have it installed is all the items are in a new house in goodsprings, he's got lots of outfits and suchwhats you could try including boots, gloves atc. I didn't try them all as it was the stockings I was really interested in getting working ( i wanted them to stay on damn it! :P ), but it might be worth it to give all the pieces a try, from the fnvedit info i was looking at looks like he has stuff that occupies almost all the slots.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the quick reply.

As an aside, the only way I ever got them working to stay on before was with an older version of powder gang tryouts where you got bugged into keeping all your gear on during sex after having sex with eddie.

Sen4mi, you just need to add the following lines to the first part of the RESET section of SCESqustSCPT [sCPT:03000ADE]:

SetUIFloat "StartMenu/MCM/*:1/*:12/_enable" L12e
SetUIFloat "StartMenu/MCM/*:1/*:12/_type" L12y
SetUIFloat "StartMenu/MCM/*:1/*:12/_value" L12v

Just a simple missing section for menu field 12.

EDIT: This will fix Fredfish's problem too, Kaw's mod assigns those piercings as mouth objects (slot 16).

Sen4mi' date=' you just need to add the following lines to the first part of the RESET section of SCESqustSCPT [sCPT:03000ADE']:

SetUIFloat "StartMenu/MCM/*:1/*:12/_enable" L12e
SetUIFloat "StartMenu/MCM/*:1/*:12/_type" L12y
SetUIFloat "StartMenu/MCM/*:1/*:12/_value" L12v

Just a simple missing section for menu field 12.

EDIT: This will fix Fredfish's problem too, Kaw's mod assigns those piercings as mouth objects (slot 16).

Excellent! Thank you!!

That said... my FNV game is really messed up right now and I am unable to test. :-/

Should I release this untested? Or should I ask someone else to add these lines? Or should I just keep trying to fix my game without getting distracted?

Edit: I will upload an untested version of this. I wish I could test, though.

Loaded up after fixing the stockings back to the mouth slot with new sces esp and it seems to be picking up things properly now. Tested with equipment that fits the left and right hand slots and also the body add on 3 slot from kristina's closet and they were picked up as well.

Loaded up after fixing the stockings back to the mouth slot with new sces esp and it seems to be picking up things properly now. Tested with equipment that fits the left and right hand slots and also the body add on 3 slot from kristina's closet and they were picked up as well.

Thank you for testing this for me!

I have updated the original post to report your results.

Thank you for testing this for me!

I have updated the original post to report your results.

I tested the changes I recommended as well and all worked as intended as far as I could tell, no unexpected behavior. In my case with my beloved usable cigarettes mod I wouldn't play without... they're all mouth objects as well (shockingly enough hehe).

• 1 month later...

File Name: SexoutClothingEval.esp

File Submitter: sen4mi

File Submitted: 08 Feb 2013

File Category: Sexout

This module was originally designed to be an MCM enabled user interface for the Sexout Check Me Out module. When you have this module installed, you can classify your equipped clothing (and armor and accessories) into categories which have been defined in Sexout Common Resources. So, this module may have future uses for content which has yet to be written. (If you are a modder: these categories have been implemented using Form Lists - one for each category, and this module adds/removes the base item associated with an equipped gear slot to/from those lists, and any sexout mod may check to see if a piece of gear is in one of those lists.)

Note that "ClothingEval" in the name of this plugin is a reference to functionality that I have not yet written (hypothetically, I think it would be nice if you could get a concise description of how your clothing makes you look). Also, note that this module provides almost no sexual content, by itself, other than suggestive names in some of your choices for classifying your gear - that said, the Fallout NV design for gear slots contained three slots with non-descriptive names and I have opted to give them names consistent with Sexout use patterns - you may find these names embarrassing or irritating if you are equipping non-Sexout specific gear in those locations.

For this module to be installed without error, you need to have Sexout and Sexout Common Resources installed. Additionally, to use this module, you will need to have activated The Mod Configuration Menu.esp (but if you installed Sexout properly, you should already have that).

Suspected issue: Sexout Pregnancy has been implemented using equivalent-gear-swapping and I do not believe I added any support for that, so if your character is pregnant you may want to reclassify your gear when your character's pregnancy advances.

Click here to download this file