Sgt. Marge Posted July 18, 2022 Posted July 18, 2022 (edited) 6 hours ago, DeadMartyr said: I am debugging my game consistently crashing when I start a new game *specifically when I interact with Shaun and get told to use the mobile* (If I wait, game never crashes, if I console Shaun, then it crashes within a few seconds before the voiceline for the Mobile even finishes). If I use console commands to skip that step then the quest breaks, the gate guy never spawns to let me in, if I stand on platform, there is no platform, and I get stuck attempting to stand on it. Paired with other random-ish crashes basically shows me that even if I were to force myself through it that I would not want to because it would be unstable I took out all the... degenerate classy mods and tried it again, no issues at all and game runs faster. So I think it's safe to say it is something I jacked up here. So I am reading instructions again and going to enable things one at a time and test until I figure out what's causing it. Why exactly can't I use "C" when in the Looks Menu? It seems to work but I don't know if it just isn't immediately apparent and is causing my problem above. I had a preset in LooksMenu where I used C and then saved it, would that cause anything like that? EDIT: I went backwards, piece by piece, didn't stop crashing until I removed AAF entirely, finally made it past Shaun's crib. I am just going to roll with that and figure it out another day. Maybe I can enable them in the save after making it past the vault sequence, though if I have to sacrifice stability I think I'll have to forego the roleplaying aspects of this The crib crash is BodyTalk pre-built clothing issue. Are you using the latest JuneR2 version? If not, grab it from the drive link on the first page and remove the older June version. If that doesn't fix the crib crash please let us know. Edited July 18, 2022 by Sgt. Marge 1
Saoshyant Posted July 19, 2022 Posted July 19, 2022 (edited) 12 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said: The crib crash is BodyTalk pre-built clothing issue. Are you using the latest JuneR2 version? If not, grab it from the drive link on the first page and remove the older June version. If that doesn't fix the crib crash please let us know. Thank you! This was it, I double checked my buffout installation and changed what I needed to (The part about Looks Menu), the crash log sometimes generated, somethings didn't, but the 3 i got were pointing towards a "skeleton.nif" (?) and 11 meshes. I reinstalled BodyTalk (without the presets) and it doesn't crash now. I also realized that there were signs of this every crash, because Nate goes into an animation when you handle Shaun, and me not being able to find the gate guard (Or crashing while approaching him) later was another result because he has animations that aren't part of normal dialogue. (I know a little about modding but only about other games, I'm not sure how animations work in Fallout but that was just my thought.) Thank you so much for the help. Edited July 19, 2022 by DeadMartyr Specifically reinstalled without presets
ygcxsw Posted July 19, 2022 Posted July 19, 2022 my mod doesnt do anything special and is most likely a waste of time. I can say that much for certain. its literally just a vanilla CBBE body with vagina sliders, no animations or physics support at all. 1
GuaZi Posted July 19, 2022 Posted July 19, 2022 Hi! Thanks very much for the detailed instructions (page 1)! Just triying to clarify and find out if this line in the instructions: Unique NPC's/Followers series of mods [AAF is now compatible with Unique Player, not the others.] ...excludes the Amazing Follower Tweaks Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26976?tab=files I've been trying to get it to work but always get errors, CTDs or AAF stops loading at 70% with other really weird bugs. Maybe it is me but I can't find if it's outright no compatible or something I am doing wrong. Thanks
vaultbait Posted July 20, 2022 Posted July 20, 2022 (edited) 27 minutes ago, GuaZi said: Hi! Thanks very much for the detailed instructions (page 1)! Just triying to clarify and find out if this line in the instructions: Unique NPC's/Followers series of mods [AAF is now compatible with Unique Player, not the others.] ...excludes the Amazing Follower Tweaks Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26976?tab=files I've been trying to get it to work but always get errors, CTDs or AAF stops loading at 70% with other really weird bugs. Maybe it is me but I can't find if it's outright no compatible or something I am doing wrong. Thanks Have you already gotten everything else for AAF working without the Unique Player mod? if not, try to do that first since there's a good chance your AAF not loading completely is due to some animation pack/animation patch version mismatch and not your player body. Edited July 20, 2022 by vaultbait
Sgt. Marge Posted July 20, 2022 Posted July 20, 2022 1 hour ago, GuaZi said: Hi! Thanks very much for the detailed instructions (page 1)! Just triying to clarify and find out if this line in the instructions: Unique NPC's/Followers series of mods [AAF is now compatible with Unique Player, not the others.] ...excludes the Amazing Follower Tweaks Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26976?tab=files I've been trying to get it to work but always get errors, CTDs or AAF stops loading at 70% with other really weird bugs. Maybe it is me but I can't find if it's outright no compatible or something I am doing wrong. Thanks To add on to what Vaultbait already said, AAF has support for Unlimited Companion Framework. I don't know that I'd use AFT with AAF, but feel free to try. I can't guarantee that you won't have issues with AFT though, simply because that mod has its own set of problems to begin with. As long as you use UCF and don't have more than 2 followers, you should be fine. (Note that Commonwealth Captives are not included in the 2 follower count suggestion, you can have a bunch of those following you)
GuaZi Posted July 20, 2022 Posted July 20, 2022 Thanks for the replies @vaultbait and @Sgt. Marge Yes all AAF parts and components are working really well. No issues (so far) here. Thanks to this great install guide. Only once I've added AFT it got weird. So I loaded an older save straight away with it disabled and that was fine. Looks like I won't be using it so. Thanks for suggesting alternatives here and getting back guys. I might try Also just FYI this mod: Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13431) seems to cause a similar load stop at 70% with AAF as well in case anyone has come across that before. The only reason that is (was) included is because it as an optional include for the Hardship mod. Without it everything works fine as mentioned above.
Tentacus Posted July 20, 2022 Posted July 20, 2022 (edited) 18 minutes ago, GuaZi said: Also just FYI this mod: Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13431) seems to cause a similar load stop at 70% with AAF as well in case anyone has come across that before. The only reason that is (was) included is because it as an optional include for the Hardship mod. Without it everything works fine as mentioned above. If this is the case (Which I find dubious given the natures of both mods) It would be something screwy in a recent AAF update as I have been running SCaJ since 2016, and The latest version for 2 years. I haven't updated AAF for a while (Looks like I am running beta 164) and I have no issue running the mods together. AAF progress hangs are almost always XMLs... Still obviously something caused this to happen for you .... It never ceases to amaze me the spooky ways mods can conflct only for one person and just ruin your damn day. You MIGHT try installing an older version of SCaJ. Who knows maybe I am mistaken about running the 2020 update of that, as my MO2 install is a bit frankensteined. Edited July 20, 2022 by Tentacus 1
vaultbait Posted July 20, 2022 Posted July 20, 2022 (edited) 56 minutes ago, GuaZi said: Also just FYI this mod: Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13431) seems to cause a similar load stop at 70% with AAF as well in case anyone has come across that before. The only reason that is (was) included is because it as an optional include for the Hardship mod. That seems odd, to the point that I have to wonder if there's some other nondeterministic bug in your setup which adding/removing that mod (or others) is exposing/hiding. But anyway, with Hardship (and now TSEX Hardship) I've been happily using Light Em Up 2.0 - Smokable Cigarettes with Survival Autosave instead, because I don't like being stuck in place and would rather be able to run around and blow things up while I chainsmoke. Edit: Oh, and I should have also said earlier, but turning on AAF's debug logging in situations like this can be helpful, as it should at least say what it's trying to do when it gets stuck, so may provide a clue to the underlying problem. Edited July 20, 2022 by vaultbait
Fiona159 Posted July 20, 2022 Posted July 20, 2022 1 hour ago, GuaZi said: Thanks for the replies @vaultbait and @Sgt. Marge Yes all AAF parts and components are working really well. No issues (so far) here. Thanks to this great install guide. Only once I've added AFT it got weird. So I loaded an older save straight away with it disabled and that was fine. Looks like I won't be using it so. Thanks for suggesting alternatives here and getting back guys. I might try Also just FYI this mod: Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13431) seems to cause a similar load stop at 70% with AAF as well in case anyone has come across that before. The only reason that is (was) included is because it as an optional include for the Hardship mod. Without it everything works fine as mentioned above. Have you ever read that AFT is never installed?If not, there is no need to contact here at all-figure it out yourself.
Sgt. Marge Posted July 20, 2022 Posted July 20, 2022 1 hour ago, Fiona159 said: Have you ever read that AFT is never installed?If not, there is no need to contact here at all-figure it out yourself. Your attitude seems a bit rude here and unnecessary. This is a thread people ask questions in. No one has all the answers. Maybe take a step back and understand that there are new modders that need help, and acting like this is completely unhelpful. Cheers 5
GuaZi Posted July 20, 2022 Posted July 20, 2022 1 hour ago, Sgt. Marge said: Your attitude seems a bit rude here and unnecessary. This is a thread people ask questions in. No one has all the answers. Maybe take a step back and understand that there are new modders that need help, and acting like this is completely unhelpful. Cheers Amen to that! Thx And thanks to @Tentacus and @vaultbait for the inputs as well. Much appreciated! 1
Dmcy45 Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 (edited) First of all, this guide was great, i remember having such a painfull experience modding Skyrim LE a long time ago, guides were always outdated and not focused on stability clarifing what to download and what to avoid like pleague, this was so smooth and clear. I followed this guide step by step, everything is working perfectly, i just need to know what is the general opinion on Previsibines Repair Pack (PRP)? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46403?tab=posts I have some textures packs, wheater, enb, interior lightning, and 3 CPU demandant mods like NPCs travel so my frames are suffering a bit, should i be allright installing this mod? Im unsure because i dont want to fuck evertything up and the lowest ive seen my frames dip is 49 , i would prefer a stable game over a 60 lock Edited July 21, 2022 by Dmcy45
Sgt. Marge Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 (edited) 1 hour ago, Dmcy45 said: First of all, this guide was great, i remember having such a painfull experience modding Skyrim LE a long time ago, guides were always outdated and not focused on stability clarifing what to download and what to avoid like pleague, this was so smooth and clear. I followed this guide step by step, everything is working perfectly, i just need to know what is the general opinion on Previsibines Repair Pack (PRP)? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46403?tab=posts I have some textures packs, wheater, enb, interior lightning, and 3 CPU demandant mods like NPCs travel so my frames are suffering a bit, should i be allright installing this mod? Im unsure because i dont want to fuck evertything up and the lowest ive seen my frames dip is 49 , i would prefer a stable game over a 60 lock That's a bit outside the scope of the guide, but we have lots of folks on the AAF discord that have experience with such things. I can tell you that I use the following mods for Previs: Boston FPS Fix Boston FPS Fix PRP Edition - This mod is a plugin replacer for Boston FPS FIx and it was created by the mod author of PRP to back port fixes into Boston FPS Fix. It works well. Chasing steady 60 fps in Boston can be a tough journey. I've heard it is very difficult to achieve. Downtown Boston just... sucks. PRP itself is a great mod, but it can require several patches to work with your other mods. That situation is supposed to change in the future. When it does, I will likely switch to it fully. Edited July 21, 2022 by Sgt. Marge 1
Dmcy45 Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 (edited) 19 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said: That's a bit outside the scope of the guide, but we have lots of folks on the AAF discord that have experience with such things. I can tell you that I use the following mods for Previs: Boston FPS Fix Boston FPS Fix PRP Edition - This mod is a plugin replacer for Boston FPS FIx and it was created by the mod author of PRP to back port fixes into Boston FPS Fix. It works well. Chasing steady 60 fps in Boston can be a tough journey. I've heard it is very difficult to achieve. Downtown Boston just... sucks. PRP itself is a great mod, but it can require several patches to work with your other mods. That situation is supposed to change in the future. When it does, I will likely switch to it fully. Well, i havent reach to Boston yet, the dips i mentioned are from Diamond City, is boston much more demanding than DC? To be honest, i dont mind FPS dips in cities or places that doesnt have much action, the problem is when they get in the way of the gameplay Thanks, i will get into the discord to see if i should wait for PRP Edited July 21, 2022 by Dmcy45
maddadicusrex Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 Just a quickie? Vortex wants VISUAL STUDIO 64 to override Visual Studio 86. Is this correct? This is for the Buffout install.
Sgt. Marge Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 33 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said: Just a quickie? Vortex wants VISUAL STUDIO 64 to override Visual Studio 86. Is this correct? This is for the Buffout install. I'm a little bit confused by the question, as Vortex shouldn't enter into the equation at all when running the vc_redist packages. I hate to screen shot the guide here but it'll make it easier to explain. You want to find this section and then install/repair them in the order listed.
vaultbait Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said: Just a quickie? Vortex wants VISUAL STUDIO 64 to override Visual Studio 86. Is this correct? This is for the Buffout install. I use Buffout 4 and Vortex, and recently accepted the prompt that a Vortex upgrade wanted to fetch new MSVS... everything is still working for me and I don't see any errors reported by F4SE or Buffout 4 in their respective logs. Did you spot something which lead you to suspect a related problem? 1
psychoqwirk420 Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 21 hours ago, Dmcy45 said: First of all, this guide was great, i remember having such a painfull experience modding Skyrim LE a long time ago, guides were always outdated and not focused on stability clarifing what to download and what to avoid like pleague, this was so smooth and clear. I followed this guide step by step, everything is working perfectly, i just need to know what is the general opinion on Previsibines Repair Pack (PRP)? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46403?tab=posts I have some textures packs, wheater, enb, interior lightning, and 3 CPU demandant mods like NPCs travel so my frames are suffering a bit, should i be allright installing this mod? Im unsure because i dont want to fuck evertything up and the lowest ive seen my frames dip is 49 , i would prefer a stable game over a 60 lock Giving my opinion, PRP is great...but it has it's downfalls. Boston FPS Fix (with and/or without PRP patch) is great...but it has it's downfalls. I'm currently using CRP, which is great! However, (I'm sure you see where this is going) it has it's downfalls. The best thing I can advise you is that there is NO "one size fits all" mod of that category that will suite everyone. What works for me, may not work for VaultBait and what works for them, may not work for Sgt. Marge (sorry, I only picked on you two because you were the last ones to post before me, lol). My whole point would be to try them all out and see which one is going to work for you. I know that it sucks and it will take a LOT of time (well, it can anyhow), but I guarantee you, it will be worth it in the end...hopefully. That's a Bethesda game for you. I have almost 700 hours in Fallout 4 (which is pretty much child's play compared to a lot of other veteran players) and only recently discovered that CRP works the best for me and the way I choose to play. I'm not trying to discourage you in any way, shape or form. Just sharing my experience. On a different note, I would also recommend this guide: It has a LOT of great suggestions within and is constantly updated. Hope all that helps. As always, just giving my opinion that nobody asked for, lol
vaultbait Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 10 minutes ago, psychoqwirk420 said: What works for me, may not work for VaultBait Good guess! I play around with a lot of mods which add or modify things in much of the worldspace and especially the DC area, so end up with tons of previs conflicts to muddle through. My solution (which also doesn't work for everyone) is to throw more hardware at the problem instead. 1
maddadicusrex Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 4 hours ago, vaultbait said: I use Buffout 4 and Vortex, and recently accepted the prompt that a Vortex upgrade wanted to fetch new MSVS... everything is still working for me and I don't see any errors reported by F4SE or Buffout 4 in their respective logs. Did you spot something which lead you to suspect a related problem? I did not handle the VS downloads correctly. I treated them as mods instead of PC installs. Sorted it all out..Thanks
vaultbait Posted July 21, 2022 Posted July 21, 2022 6 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said: I did not handle the VS downloads correctly. I treated them as mods instead of PC installs. Sorted it all out..Thanks Cool, thanks for following up! I was afraid I'd done something wrong which would come back to bite me and you'd already been there. ?
maddadicusrex Posted July 22, 2022 Posted July 22, 2022 3 hours ago, vaultbait said: Cool, thanks for following up! I was afraid I'd done something wrong which would come back to bite me and you'd already been there. ? Is that why my butt always hurts! I am that guy they always say to just run up ahead, to draw out the Zombies..
Dmcy45 Posted July 22, 2022 Posted July 22, 2022 (edited) 4 hours ago, psychoqwirk420 said: Giving my opinion, PRP is great...but it has it's downfalls. Boston FPS Fix (with and/or without PRP patch) is great...but it has it's downfalls. I'm currently using CRP, which is great! However, (I'm sure you see where this is going) it has it's downfalls. The best thing I can advise you is that there is NO "one size fits all" mod of that category that will suite everyone. What works for me, may not work for VaultBait and what works for them, may not work for Sgt. Marge (sorry, I only picked on you two because you were the last ones to post before me, lol). My whole point would be to try them all out and see which one is going to work for you. I know that it sucks and it will take a LOT of time (well, it can anyhow), but I guarantee you, it will be worth it in the end...hopefully. That's a Bethesda game for you. I have almost 700 hours in Fallout 4 (which is pretty much child's play compared to a lot of other veteran players) and only recently discovered that CRP works the best for me and the way I choose to play. I'm not trying to discourage you in any way, shape or form. Just sharing my experience. On a different note, I would also recommend this guide: It has a LOT of great suggestions within and is constantly updated. Hope all that helps. As always, just giving my opinion that nobody asked for, lol I havent heard of CRP so im going to check it out. And yes, im understanding that modding bathesda games is a never ending learning experience, im so glad that F4 is that much more stable than Syrim LE. Right now im sitting at 124 mods and since i posted i founded a better looking and less demanding ENB and also the god rays ultra fix, that has given my a great performance boost so i think im just going to play the game to get my first playthrough and after that get deeper with mods like Sim Sattlements, Quests, more LLmods and things like that. I am sure that either CRP,PRP, etc will be mandatory so then i will start the testing. Thanks for the guide, i see it includes Fusion Girl as the female body that i avoided because it has less outfits and is more complicated to get running altough i know is better than CBBE and the outfits will get converted with time so really looking foward to have it in my next playthrough. So far i been loving this game, thanks again for your help man, have a nice day Edited July 22, 2022 by Dmcy45 1
vaultbait Posted July 22, 2022 Posted July 22, 2022 8 hours ago, Dmcy45 said: Fusion Girl as the female body that i avoided because it has less outfits and is more complicated to get running If you want body physics with detailed breast movement, it's about the same number of mods needed to do it in FG vs CBBE, but there are probably more outfits converted for FG vs CBBE 3BBB these days. If you're looking for a specific clothing or armor pack, a lot of us are tracking the available options in a dedicated topic. Remember that FG doesn't need separate physics/3BBB conversions, because those have been built directly into the FG body for a long time. 2
Recommended Posts
Posted by DoctaSax,
Reputation Points
Go to this post
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now