[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

6 hours ago, mircislav said:

If AAF and the rest of the happy family of mods from this manual are installed as described, everything is working as intended, period. Any CTD or "not working" arguments are from other mods, also period... but the faulty mod(s) must be identified by the user.

They don't always work, and the mods required are scattered over various websites Nexus, the website for the F4SE, and a number were pulled off of Nexus because nexus tried to solve the problem of having to hunt all over the WWW for mods e.g. the male body mod. Now there are more mods hidden behind Moddingham. Want support? Yet another website, a discord server.

Why even bother putting mods on LoversLab?

I had it working once, but I reinstalled on another Vortex config and I get nothing but a white screen of death. Totally not worth screwing with these mods anymore.

1 hour ago, MrGrey said:

Totally not worth screwing with these mods anymore

Depends what you want to play with... but, far as I know all links on this page are working and if installed as should (reading involved) AAF and animations are running correctly and thus no support needed (install and forget). As for other mods (quests) involving AAF, you have to figure it out your self - read (again...) the descriptions, user opinions and tech support from mod authors before you install the mod.

Edited by mircislav
2 hours ago, MrGrey said:

They don't always work, and the mods required are scattered over various websites Nexus, the website for the F4SE, and a number were pulled off of Nexus because nexus tried to solve the problem of having to hunt all over the WWW for mods e.g. the male body mod. Now there are more mods hidden behind Moddingham. Want support? Yet another website, a discord server.

Why even bother putting mods on LoversLab?

I had it working once, but I reinstalled on another Vortex config and I get nothing but a white screen of death. Totally not worth screwing with these mods anymore.

You do realise pretty much everything is linked to in this very Fucking Manual, yes?

And the first result for:

fo4 deleted mods

Is a link to the Reddit post in which someone literally created a GDoc of hidden/deleted mods, and where, if at all, you can go about acquiring them still.

Also:

Want support? Yet another website, a discord server.

Yes.
Because absolutely none of us who actually do most of the troubleshooting, want to be having drawn out back and forth's on a forum like Lover's Lab over the course of days if not weeks, when we can instead do so in a matter of hours or even minutes in Discord.

4 hours ago, The Gaming Soviet said:

The shit where it takes 4 days for anyone to answere me.

4 hours ago, The Gaming Soviet said:

Ive tried the plugin but it does not work still.

Maybe if you gave more for people to work with than "no work", and actually updated your shit so you're not on what is basically an antique version of AAF, people might actually have questions, or solutions...

16 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

You do realise pretty much everything is linked to in this very Fucking Manual, yes?

And the first result for:

Is a link to the Reddit post in which someone literally created a GDoc of hidden/deleted mods, and where, if at all, you can go about acquiring them still.

Also:

Yes.
Because absolutely none of us who actually do most of the troubleshooting, want to be having drawn out back and forth's on a forum like Lover's Lab over the course of days if not weeks, when we can instead do so in a matter of hours or even minutes in Discord.

Maybe if you gave more for people to work with than "no work", and actually updated your shit so you're not on what is basically an antique version of AAF, people might actually have questions, or solutions...

Maybe you should read what we have alaready said. But if i have to write a detailed comment about what the problem is once again then il do it. The issue is that none of the animations are working and i dont get any dialogue when wearing them. The mod is up to date 0.4.14 i dont use the old version of AAF it was just an example becaus it had inbuilt LLFP Plugin i dont accually use it, my AAF is up to date aswell as F4SE (I have checked) the Data folder for F4SE is also installed correctly. I have reinstalled this mod 5 times now. I use MO2 and would like a way to fix this mod.

Edited by The Gaming Soviet
10 minutes ago, The Gaming Soviet said:

The issue is that none of the animations are working

Again, ALL animations are working. Read the tutorial again and follow it to the letter. Quest (dialogue) mods are different matter... AAF and animations are base for adult gaming in FO4. Do not blame AAF and animations if some dialogue mod is not working, those are separate things. Always read the description regarding the requirements for those mods and look the mod support for possible conflicts.

18 minutes ago, mircislav said:

Again, ALL animations are working. Read the tutorial again and follow it to the letter. Quest (dialogue) mods are different matter... AAF and animations are base for adult gaming in FO4. Do not blame AAF and animations if some dialogue mod is not working, those are separate things. Always read the description regarding the requirements for those mods and look the mod support for possible conflicts.

I have the requirments.

26 minutes ago, The Gaming Soviet said:

Wait so nothing is supposed to overwrite RH?

If you refer to Real Handcuffs, yes, if something overwrite them why install in first place... RH is requirement for Nuka Ride. But, again, RH is not directly related to AAF.

Edited by mircislav

The easy way to test the tutorial Saya posted here (and something is telling me that Saya DO know what is saying here and has far more experience in those things than me, so I followed the instructions to the letter the first time I installed those mods and never removed them since, just upgrading if needed) is this:

Install AAF (with requirements) and animations, start the game, if you have no AAF errors (AAF stuck at some percent) when starting the game, it's a sign that AAF setup is OK. After that, you can install any quest mods you like, but one by one so if you get any errors you'll know the culprit.

Edited by mircislav

Also quote from Saya at the first page:

DISCLAIMER: We at AAF Support Discord will NOT check this post regularly, mostly/only to update it.

Please redirect ANY and ALL issues towards AAF Discord where the staff of mods / troubleshooters will help you resolve them.

We are NOT responsible for ANY kind of support received from random users in this thread, unless it's someone from the AAF staff (Me, Nebuchadnezzer2, Dagoba, EgoBallistic, etc) but this thread is NOTmonitored to offer said support.

AAF Discord link: https://discord.gg/B95qTEn

With all that said, we HIGHLY SUGGEST you use either Vortex or MO2 as your mod manager.

We will NOT be providing support for Nexus Mod Manager or manually installed mods.

2127328202_Linetranslong.png.1c2fdadb73e379513da30bd28c72fc7f.png

Seems a lot of people jump into modding without knowing a single thing about it so...

As you can see, with anything I wrote here you can wipe your ass because I am just mod user and with no knowledge of making mod contest, maybe just a better reader, thats all.

3 hours ago, The Gaming Soviet said:

Wait so nothing is supposed to overwrite RH?

The only thing I'm aware of which would result in some other mod overwriting RH's files is if you told its FOMOD installer menu that you wanted the convenience copy of the LLFP library to also be installed. AAF (and some other mods like Rad Morphing Redux) also include copies of LLFP, so generally what you want is for the newest version to overwrite all the others. Having newer versions of LLFP installed than mods need is usually fine, but problems arise if one of them includes an older version of LLFP and you tell your mod manager to overwrite with that.

37 minutes ago, The Gaming Soviet said:

the animations are still broken.

Can you be more specific as to what that means? What action do you take, what do you expect to see, and what do you actually observe?

For example, if I open the escape menu (by trying to access my Pip-Boy while cuffed) and choose to try to struggle out of my handcuffs, in third-person view I see my character twist back and forth for something like 5-10 seconds.

3 minutes ago, The Gaming Soviet said:

no i get nothing like that, no animations but it restricts me from grabbing anything or taking out my Pip-Boy

Again, please be more precise. What DO you see and what actions ARE you taking? For example, "When I try to access my Pip-Boy while cuffed, the Pip-Boy isn't displayed but the struggle menu isn't shown either." Is that the behavior you're observing? Or do you get the menu but then the options you select from it don't cause the effects you expect?

You're leaving us guessing at what's happening on your screen by omitting critical details, which makes it nearly impossible to provide useful suggestions. Instead all you're going to get is "make sure you have the prerequisites installed correctly, read the instructions again, check your load order, make sure nothing is overwriting the files form this mod, et cetera."

10 hours ago, The Gaming Soviet said:

Yes this is exactly what happens. Sorry for glossing over details.

Okay, Real Handcuffs not being able to display its pop-up menu has been brought up before in the RH support thread. I don't recall all the potential causes, but it seems like these were the most typical:

• forgot to start the game with f4se_loader.exe instead of the main game launcher
  • an incorrect version of F4SE was used relative to the version of the game engine
  • a pirated copy of the game was used which caused F4SE not to function correctly
  • the game engine wasn't configured to load loose files so failed to find F4SE's scripts
  • at least some of F4SE's scripts were not installed to the Data\Scripts folder
  • F4SE's scripts were overwritten by old copies from another mod (e.g. the old not-repacked ZazOut4)
  • the LLFP plugin for F4SE was not installed in Data\F4SE\Plugins
  • some other mod overwrote the LLFP plugin with an older copy (like from an old version of AAF or Rad Morphing Redux)

Anyway, that's a start, but the RH support thread may be a more useful place to try to troubleshoot this particular issue now that you have a little more information you can provide about what exactly you're witnessing.