bethsoft forums

sen4mi

forums.bethsoft.com is going down early next month (march 9).

Is anyone (other than webarchive, which has saved a few critical pages) mirroring the site?

When I'm looking at modding issues, I routinely encounter modding pages and documentation which refer to content in the bethsoft forums...

I sure hope the 'Library of Congress' is duplicated somewhere, deep beneath ground, on a medium that won't fail quickly. 5000 workers with chisels can't be wrong. The Library of Alexandria is a great example....

Corporate stuff, Beth.net. - dust in the wind.

Amazing how these 'repositories' of knowledge come and go so quickly.

Bethesda started moving the 'community' over to Bethesda.net last year.  I seriously doubt they care about tutorials or discussions so two of the main reasons to go to the official forums won't make the trip.  The old fans aren't Bethesda's target audience anyway.  They want new players on consoles who'll pump money into micro-transactions.

8 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

They want new players on consoles who'll pump money into micro-transactions

The indoctrination of the young continues....

'Get'em young', before they have enough life experience to make decisions not based on manipulation, and misleading information. The past IS being rewritten, it just happens in bits, not bytes.

Spoiler

Offtopic: Vatican is creepy and/or boring, but I am pretty sure they didn't start it. But I feel like this would be fuel for a different thread.

Anyways, I know bethesda has issues. meanwhile, though, we've got maybe a week to mark useful content for the wayback machine -- since it looks like no one cares enough to make copies of stuff linked from other places (like Elminster's documentation).

Archived