Crafting requires more - devious - equipment

• 3 months later...

recently ran across this and decided to try it

love the idea but cannot use it due to 2 problems (that might be particular to my setup)

1 - cannot raise armor skills without using console/buying training on new game.  every armor i try to arm it tells me that i cannot use as i don't have enough 

skill to equip that item.   discovered with lvl 1 trying to arm Elven armor, so i used Add Item Menu to add fur, hide, iron armor to character and could not

arm any of those even.  tried boots, helm, gauntlets, and torso armors of each.  as you need to wear armor to train the skills and i could not arm any armor

at all it was impossible to raise the skill without using console or buying training.

2 - for some reason this mod makes my setup up "crash happy".  i went from being able to play for hours (over 10) without ctd to certain ctd within 20 minutes.

removed the mod the ctd goes away.  tried a stripped down load order (skyrim, as-lal, bugfixes, minimum other mods to have DD working) and the ctd would

still occur but could get up to 1 hour play time stripped down load order.

problem 1 could be pebkac due to me not finding the right setting or combination of settings to adjust (shrug), but combined with problem 2 i sadly had to drop from

load order.

• 3 weeks later...

Great mod. Really complements FMEA to nerf smithing, etc... Perfect!

One small issue looking for help. Trying to use carriage outside of whiterun and get message "I do not want any trouble, you could be a runaway slave". Blocks carriage use. Simple search shows PC55_Equipments.esp has this text. Any suggestion on correcting?

4 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Great mod. Really complements FMEA to nerf smithing, etc... Perfect!

One small issue looking for help. Trying to use carriage outside of whiterun and get message "I do not want any trouble, you could be a runaway slave". Blocks carriage use. Simple search shows PC55_Equipments.esp has this text. Any suggestion on correcting?

check if you are enslaved by another mod or are wearing devices, if not i have no clue.

• 4 months later...

I found this mod recently but it seems to be broken. The devious crafting option seems broken because every station keeps asking for the body devious items despite having them equipped on me. I have tried with multiple devious devices mods starting with the basic devious devices. Please help me because this mod seems awsome to me.

52 minutes ago, Adetu said:

The mod was designed to work without sexlab and devious devices for a more vanilla game.
From my point of view, the mod has at most beta status. Some things are only half done
others have received only poor testing.
The devious feature is probably in a state in which only a modder or a user with good TESXEdit
knowledge can use it. I also assume that the devious feature still contains bugs.

In order to be able to use the devious features, the Mod reads two ini files in which is stored how
the devices are identified.
PAPYRUSUTIL is absolutely necessary for this, because Misc_Util is used to read the files. I don't believe Papyrusutil
belongs to the standard scope of delivery of Sexlab. That means nothing works without Misc_Util (as in your case).

The two ini files "DeviousSelection.Txt" and "DeviousFormlists.txt" can be found in the PCE55 folder.
In "DeviousSelection.Txt" is stored for different stations and skill levels which device or Device group is checked.
Most of the time, slot "99" (No slot) and the specified "keyword" are checked.

Caution: The function haskeywordstring isused. Unfortunately, at least in Fallout 4, it has been shown that sometimes this function is not always reliable
working. (Presumably if there are several mods that use keywords with the same name then it can
happen that "haskeywordstring" simply selects the wrong form) Unfortunately I don't know any kind of alternative
to do this without creating a fixed dependency to Devious Devices.

Some devious devices cannot be reliably identified with the keyword alone.
A mechanism with form lists was then implemented for this. A number 10 in the selection corresponds to the
Formlist with number 0, a number 19 in the selection corresponds to a formlist with number 9 (maximum)
The form lists with the objects are stored in the "DeviousFormlists.txt" file.
The (6-digit) FormID is specified directly for each device, as well as from which mod it is to be loaded (mod name).

NOTE:
The keywords entered as well as the stored absolute FormIDs are valid for Devious Devices Version 4.XX
However, Devious Devices 5.0 was released a few days ago.
So I don't know what still fits in with it.

My future Plans:
It will probably be a while before I get back to the Skyrim game.
At the moment I'm still working on my mod for Oblivion, which I've been working on since March (?) and the
oblivion mod probably only will reach beta status at the beginning of next year.

After that, I have no idea. At the moment I would tend to Fallout NV to convert my FO3 Mod (Vault 101 collar) and
maybe to give it a boost too. Anyway, scripting for Fallout NV, Fallout 3 is similar to Oblivion and
this eliminates the "getting used to" phase for Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Thank you very much for the extensive answer. I am very sad that the mod is on hold fits what i wish to mod very well and was relly looking forward to having a use for all these devious devices. I do have papyrus util installed because i need it for other mods. And I am using Devious Devices 4. The wierd thing is its not the entire thing being broken just pieces of it. For instance it porperly recognizes Devious Gloves and Boots. On blacksmith crafting it doesnt recognize corsets, on Alchemy it doesnt recognize leg cuffs while it does hand cuffs and on the enchanting table it doesnt recognize vaginal piercing. It seems to be able to read some pieces of equipment while it cant other. If you aren't too busy and its a easy fix can you look into it? I understand if you are too busy with other stuff I will continue to look for a fix in other places. Thank you again. 

2 hours ago, Adetu said:

Devious devices and Devious Boots are "hardcoded" in the scripts and do not rely on the ini files.

I do not know, if it makes a difference: Sexlab has a DLL Storageutil.DLL and PapyrusUtil 3.3 brings the StorageUtil.DLL,

which is a little bit bigger and a little bit newer. So check if the Storageutil from Papyrusutil is not overwritten by the one

from Sexlab.

So I removed every Storageutil.dll file except papyrus util to try and brute force the issue and I can report that the issue is still there. Seems like the gloves and boots hardcoding solution you have chosen is cleaner as it regognizes all devious items that have the gloves and boots tag. I will attempt some other bruteforce ways to see if it will work. Well incase it doesn't work I will look forward to the time when you come back to this mod. I will just use the rest of the mod as it seems pretty nice for my playthrough.

2 hours ago, Adetu said:

Ok,

So finally two more hints, I was not aware of since scripting this mod is at least  several months ago.

First) Only having a look into the scripts I see that for all devices in the formlist

you also need the COPPAPI, which is not so common. There is a link on the main page.

Second) I found the following function

bool function keyword_with_slot (int islot, string skey)      

int iMask
   if (islot > 30) && (islot <= 60)
      iMask = Math.Leftshift (1, islot - 30)
   else
      iMask = 1
   endif

; Debug.trace ("pce55 namepart " + islot + " mask " + iMask)
   form armo = pl_ref.GetWornForm(iMask)
   if armo
      keyword fkey = Keyword.getkeyword (skey)
      if fkey
         if armo.HasKeyword (fkey)
            return false
         endif
      endif
   endif

return true

endfunction

This function was designed to identify devious devices using a special biped slot. I think I've already tested it until the line where you see the Debug.trace function

Anyway the keyword delivered as parameter for skey sometimes was only a partial keyword and not fully qualified. I do not know if the SKSE function

getkeyword can deliver something in case it does not match 100 percent.

In the devious ini file you can see a line

59zad_DeviousCuffsFront

This line contains a fully qualified keyword for slot 59, while

45ChainHarness
56ChainHarness
51ChainHarness

contains only partially defined keywords. Maybe does not work (Full keyword something like zadx_HR_ChainHarnessPart)

The advantage of the ini files: Can be changed by the user to personal likings !

Again wish to thank you for the attention but sadly those will not help. I already have COPPAPI installed since it was wisted as requiered by your mod and for whatever reasen the .ini file seems unusable as I have atempted multiple times to edit it by removing the harness and other stuff from it in order to try and fix the issue. I removed the pieces I didn't want and clicked the ingame MCM thing to rebuild the device list but no change. I don't know how much work it is but if you come back to this mod it seems it would be easier to just copy the gloves and boots solution and hardcode the devices you want to be used. It will both make the mod easier to costumize for the enduser and sofar seems to be causing no issues. All hardcoded items that you have put in the MCM work perfectly and respond immidietly when you select or deselect them.

• 3 months later...