Okies' date=' since I haven't gotten any new comments I am going to assume the update fixed the bugs and everything works perfectly? (Yes I know that is living in a dreamworld, but I really need comments on how stuff works if I am going to remove all the bugs in the plugin.)

This is a by request plugin and will probably not be expanded by me in the future (unless you come up with some great idea that is), but I will be doing bugfixes and such if there is need.

[/quote']

Indeed it work pretty well. The % rate is maybe a bit too low to my taste but i dont see any bug right now :3 thanks!

I'll let you know if I find something, trust me. I look forward any other mods you are working on ^.^

Okies' date=' since I haven't gotten any new comments I am going to assume the update fixed the bugs and everything works perfectly? (Yes I know that is living in a dreamworld, but I really need comments on how stuff works if I am going to remove all the bugs in the plugin.)

This is a by request plugin and will probably not be expanded by me in the future (unless you come up with some great idea that is), but I will be doing bugfixes and such if there is need.

[/quote']

Indeed it work pretty well. The % rate is maybe a bit too low to my taste but i dont see any bug right now :3 thanks!

I'll let you know if I find something, trust me. I look forward any other mods you are working on ^.^

Sounds great! There are so many different mods that let people approach you out there, so I really think 10% is high enough for this. If I am going to change anything there I will set percentages higher when you are in places where they serve alcohol ;) (But first I would have to find a good way to do that (suggestions are welcome people!).

As to other mods, I really need to focus on the ones I have out allready. powdergnagers, legion, khans, kings, general sex, prostitutes, bribes, discounts, this and STD checks. There really are only so many hours of the day, and I don't even play the game anymore ;)

[/quote']

Sounds great! There are so many different mods that let people approach you out there, so I really think 10% is high enough for this. If I am going to change anything there I will set percentages higher when you are in places where they serve alcohol ;) (But first I would have to find a good way to do that (suggestions are welcome people!).

As to other mods, I really need to focus on the ones I have out allready. powdergnagers, legion, khans, kings, general sex, prostitutes, bribes, discounts, this and STD checks. There really are only so many hours of the day, and I don't even play the game anymore ;)

lol I wish I could help you but I'm just not good enough with the geck :s I just came back from the Atomic Wrangler to let you know that a female NPC just tried to pick-up my female character with MvF dialog. Other than that you are right about the encounter % :)

I don't understand... I have made a condition that should exclude females in the script.

I will try to make a double check for that tonight and upload a new esp to see if that helps.

Ok no hurry its not game breaker ;)

Bromm - I haven't had a chance to look at your newly-updated esp yet, so if you did this already I apologize, but how did you plan to handle the various tryout gangs (PG, Legion etc) in this mod? I see you've lowered the percentage chance, which is likely a good start. Last night when I visited the NCRCF I had more gangers politely asking me for sex and showering me with "gifts" than actually approaching me via Tryout.

I guess it boils down to: are the Tryout-enabled factions supposed to be able to approach your character in this way?

Bromm - I haven't had a chance to look at your newly-updated esp yet' date=' so if you did this already I apologize, but how did you plan to handle the various tryout gangs (PG, Legion etc) in this mod? I see you've lowered the percentage chance, which is likely a good start. Last night when I visited the NCRCF I had more gangers politely asking me for sex and showering me with "gifts" than actually approaching me via Tryout.

I guess it boils down to: are the Tryout-enabled factions supposed to be able to approach your character in this way?

[/quote']

I have made this plugin as general as possible. The reasons for this is:

1. It should do what it does no matter what other plugins you use.

2. Any male character in the game can try to pick up a girl.

3. Other plugins cover the more brutal stuff. This plugin should appeal more to the masses. It still has a possibility of rape tho (VERY low if you let them down easy, still low if you are mean).

Also I have edited the approach rate, so now it should be much rarer that anyone approaches you.

I'm using this mod with all the tryout mods. I dont think there is a compatibility issue...

There isn't, but with those added you still can get approached with hookups from powdergangers in stead of the usual lines they come with. Can kill immersion a little, but scripting around it would mean a more complicated script and so much more chances for bugs...

Can kill immersion a little' date=' but scripting around it would mean a more complicated script and so much more chances for bugs...[/quote']

Correct me if I understand this wrong, but NPCs approach the player because of AI packages added to them, right? Will an AI package added by script still trigger if the conditions on the package are not met?

Can kill immersion a little' date=' but scripting around it would mean a more complicated script and so much more chances for bugs...[/quote']

Correct me if I understand this wrong, but NPCs approach the player because of AI packages added to them, right? Will an AI package added by script still trigger if the conditions on the package are not met?

Short answer:

The AI/script package will not be added to the NPC if the conditions in the effect script is not met. There are no conditions in the packages.

Long answer:

The Quest script determines (several conditions are set here) if the NPC will cast an actor effect on itself. The Actor effect uses a script from a base effect to determine if the NPC should add a script package to itself. This script also checks if the NPC is a viable NPC for approaching (same conditions as in the quest script). Once the NPC gets close to the player the script will remove the script package, cast a cooldown effect on the NPC and start conversation.

EDIT: But from prior experience I notied that the NPC couldn't care less about the conditions in the script package if the package is added by a script. So setting conditions there and adding the package by script would be useless. But that could be an error with that plugin or a freak accident of some sort.. I just don't trust those conditions anymore.

Correct me if I understand this wrong' date=' but NPCs approach the player because of AI packages added to them, right? Will an AI package added by script still trigger if the conditions on the package are not met?

[/quote']

Short answer:

The AI/script package will not be added to the NPC if the conditions in the effect script is not met. There are no conditions in the packages.

Long answer:

The Quest script determines (several conditions are set here) if the NPC will cast an actor effect on itself. The Actor effect uses a script from a base effect to determine if the NPC should add a script package to itself. This script also checks if the NPC is a viable NPC for approaching (same conditions as in the quest script). Once the NPC gets close to the player the script will remove the script package, cast a cooldown effect on the NPC and start conversation.

The reason I asked, is to see if it would be possible to throw conditions onto the packages. Instead of adding more scripting and causing more bugs with it, would it be possible to add Faction checks to the AI package? If the NPC with the package is in any of the Tryout factions, the package won't activate and they won't approach the player.

And if having that AI package there but inactive might cause problems, maybe you could add something to the OnBegin script in the package that says: "If in one of these factions, remove this package."

Correct me if I understand this wrong' date=' but NPCs approach the player because of AI packages added to them, right? Will an AI package added by script still trigger if the conditions on the package are not met?

[/quote']

Short answer:

Long answer:

The reason I asked, is to see if it would be possible to throw conditions onto the packages. Instead of adding more scripting and causing more bugs with it, would it be possible to add Faction checks to the AI package? If the NPC with the package is in any of the Tryout factions, the package won't activate and they won't approach the player.

And if having that AI package there but inactive might cause problems, maybe you could add something to the OnBegin script in the package that says: "If in one of these factions, remove this package."

It might be possible to code it on the on begin.

Wuld probably have to be something like this:

if IsModLoaded "SexoutPowderGangers.esp"
  if GetInFaction vDialoguePowderGangerFaction
     Dispel SexoutHookupEffect
     Removescriptpackage SexoutHUWalkToPlayer
     CIOS SexoutHookupOld
     return
     evp
  endif
endif

There could be some errors in that, but that removes it only if the powderganger plugin is loaded and the NPC is in the powderganger faction.

The problem with adding it to the package is that the game then has to load the package to the NPC and once that happens a lot you get performance issues. Think about doing this with populated wasteland and such plugins all the gangers around you adds and removes scriptpackages all the time... Not good.

IF there were to be such a check then it should be in the script, this will increase performance, but would make the script more complicated and slower.

CIOS SexoutHookupOld
     return
     evp
  endif
endif

There could be some errors in that' date=' but that removes it only if the powderganger plugin is loaded and the NPC is in the powderganger faction.

The problem with adding it to the package is that the game then has to load the package to the NPC and once that happens a lot you get performance issues. Think about doing this with populated wasteland and such plugins all the gangers around you adds and removes scriptpackages all the time... Not good.

IF there were to be such a check then it should be in the script, this will increase performance, but would make the script more complicated and slower.

[/quote']

Would having it on the package really make it that much slower? I mean, the main script is already loading the package onto the NPC. If it wasn't doing that, this topic would have never come up. All this addition would do would remove the package immediately if it's on an NPC in a certain faction. It's not forcing the game to assign any more packages than the standard script assigns already. And you remove the package via script when the action is completed anyway, right? Why would removing it before it starts cause slowdown?

CIOS SexoutHookupOld
     return
     evp
  endif
endif

There could be some errors in that' date=' but that removes it only if the powderganger plugin is loaded and the NPC is in the powderganger faction.

[/quote']

Would having it on the package really make it that much slower? I mean, the main script is already loading the package onto the NPC. If it wasn't doing that, this topic would have never come up. All this addition would do would remove the package immediately if it's on an NPC in a certain faction. It's not forcing the game to assign any more packages than the standard script assigns already. And you remove the package via script when the action is completed anyway, right? Why would removing it before it starts cause slowdown?

You are right, it's 6 in the morning here and I am a bit confused atm :P

But yeah, that code snippet should do the trick. Problem is every change I do here will count for all. I have not, and will not add a book for this plugin so that people can choose to turn it on or off.

So if people can put down a comment here if they want to exclude the factions or not it would be great. And I will have a look at it as soon as there are some replies here as to what people want. I could make two versions, but that would make things complicated on bugfixes and such. Well comment people! I am going to bed so that I get a couple hours of sleep before work!

I'd rather you didn't exclude them, at least until the tryout ones are working well enough to be used in daily gameplay.. Or unless you make it so that they're only excluded if the tryout mods are enabled (latter would be the preferred method in any case).

I'd rather you didn't exclude them' date=' at least until the tryout ones are working well enough to be used in daily gameplay.. Or unless you make it so that they're only excluded if the tryout mods are enabled (latter would be the preferred method in any case).

[/quote']

The

line checks to make sure the .esp is loaded before doing anything.

okay im having a slight problem...no MPCs actually come to my char to ask for a hookup...ever....maybe i did something wrong but im unsure...does it need anything else than sexout and smaltalk?

Nope.

What is the charisma of your character?

There is a max of 15 % chance to get approached with 10 charisma.

1 charisma only gives a 1,5% chance of getting approached.

Other then that I really don't know. You are the first person to report no approaches so I really don't know. Archive invalidation? You sure you load the plugin?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this, but only one person with this problem so far, so I don't think it should be a problem in the mod itself. But you never know, tomorrow when I check the forums suddenly noone gets approached...

might be solely on my end, i started using this without smalltalk and just installed it (i resisted for a while, but seems a lot of stuff needs it...so) and my characters charisma is 8...guess il give it more time...oh also at what frequency should that happen? i mean...percentage is good but i still dont know how to translate it to game experience lol

might be solely on my end' date=' i started using this without smalltalk and just installed it (i resisted for a while, but seems a lot of stuff needs it...so) and my characters charisma is 8...guess il give it more time...oh also at what frequency should that happen? i mean...percentage is good but i still dont know how to translate it to game experience lol

[/quote']

Oki here is a short explanation:

Every 5 second all NPCs around you have a 10 % chance get the hookup effect. Once they have the hookup effect there is a 12 % chance (you have 8 charisma) that they will act on the effect. If they do not act on the effect, they will be put on a 5 minute cooldown before they can try again.

So lets say you have 4 people around you. All of them eventually cast the effect on themselves, but then they run the risk of getting a cooldown. there is a 88% chane thet they will get the cooldown. So really: That anyone approaches you should be a VERY rare happening.

If people think it's too rare I will adjust it in the future.

This plugin is just some spice to the game, it's not somehting that should happen all the time.