ah i see, thanks a lot for the explanation! i was simply wondering if i had it working or not since it didnt happen, and i didnt know about the first 10% check, i though the first check was actually the one tied to your charisma, so it explains why it didnt happen yet. and i agree with you about the flavor thing, if it happens all the time it takes the fun out of it (though some way to alter the first check percentage would be nice from time to time, like an alternate esp that has a 15% or 20% instead of the normal 10%, for those who wants a little extra attention lol)

ah i see' date=' thanks a lot for the explanation! i was simply wondering if i had it working or not since it didnt happen, and i didnt know about the first 10% check, i though the first check was actually the one tied to your charisma, so it explains why it didnt happen yet. and i agree with you about the flavor thing, if it happens all the time it takes the fun out of it (though some way to alter the first check percentage would be nice from time to time, like an alternate esp that has a 15% or 20% instead of the normal 10%, for those who wants a little extra attention lol)

[/quote']

the first check get run every 5 seconds, so they should have a chance at the effect inside a minute for the most part. I will not include a book in this plugin where you can change any percentages since it will only fill up peoples inventory.(there are over ten plugins here, a book for each is a horrible thought)

I will not include a book in this plugin where you can change any percentages since it will only fill up peoples inventory.(there are over ten plugins here' date=' a book for each is a horrible thought)[/quote']

Why not use the Mod Configuration Menu for the settings?

I will not include a book in this plugin where you can change any percentages since it will only fill up peoples inventory.(there are over ten plugins here' date=' a book for each is a horrible thought)[/quote']

Because I don't know how to use it

I don't even know what it is :)

I'm thinking of removing the book later and making it a quest item. Or replacing it with stuff like Pregnancy Test Kits :)

If someone were to, say, attempt to learn it, and was to, perhaps, succeed in learning it and send you a version of the .esp with MCM support, would you then include it?

If someone were to' date=' say, attempt to learn it, and was to, perhaps, succeed in learning it and send you a version of the .esp with MCM support, would you then include it?

[/quote']

I would download it and see if I can reverse engineer it a bit when I can get time from my mod :)

If someone were to' date=' say, attempt to learn it, and was to, perhaps, succeed in learning it and send you a version of the .esp with MCM support, would you then include it?

[/quote']

Sure I would! And then I would ask if you wanted to do the same for several other plugins ;)

I've attached my version of the .esp with MCM mostly enabled. I say mostly because it hasn't been tested beyond me making sure the menu actually appears on the MCM menu. This is for two major reasons:

1. It's 2AM right now.

2. I wasn't sure where in your Quest Script I would need to actually put the variable for the approach chance. Right now the MCM menu for Approach Chance sets SexoutHU.Approach, but I left actually dealing with that number in the script to you.

I also threw in disable options for the Legion, Powder Gangers, Kings, and Khans, using a slightly altered version of the previously discussed code (I changed the check for .esp to a check for a variable).

Known Issues:

SexoutHU.Approach defaults to 0

Approach Chance description in MCM is temporary

As for doing this for any other plugin, if this works out I'd be happy to. And if for whatever reason it turns out I completely screwed something up... Well, I don't think I did, but since this is the first time I've used MCM for anything, I suggest you don't overwrite your old version of the plugin.

I've attached my version of the .esp with MCM mostly enabled. I say mostly because it hasn't been tested beyond me making sure the menu actually appears on the MCM menu. This is for two major reasons:

1. It's 2AM right now.

2. I wasn't sure where in your Quest Script I would need to actually put the variable for the approach chance. Right now the MCM menu for Approach Chance sets SexoutHU.Approach' date=' but I left actually dealing with that number in the script to you.

I also threw in disable options for the Legion, Powder Gangers, Kings, and Khans, using a slightly altered version of the previously discussed code (I changed the check for .esp to a check for a variable).

Known Issues:

SexoutHU.Approach defaults to 0

Approach Chance description in MCM is temporary

As for doing this for any other plugin, if this works out I'd be happy to. And if for whatever reason it turns out I completely screwed something up... Well, I don't think I did, but since this is the first time I've used MCM for anything, I suggest you don't overwrite your old version of the plugin.

[/quote']

You did some great work my friend!

I did a few small changes tho...

I made it so that the MCM changes the charisma multiplier in stead of the questscript part. Now you can set the multiplier as high as 5 wich means that you at top get a 50/50 chance to get approached. I set the default value to 1.5 which is the same as it was before MCM. If anyone wants it to be able to go higher than 5 I'll edit it again, but I see no reason for it.

Tested it too. Set it first to 1.5 and stood in a crowded area for a good long time with only one approach. then crancked it up to 5 and after the 5 minute cooldown was over they lined up to hit on my character.

Bugger, I just replaced my old version with the MCM version, I'll have to hunt down MCM now, I assume it's on Nexus, well at least I noticed before running it, I've just recovered from 2 weeks of conflict repairs that turned out to be one companion mod's sound file :)

You did some great work my friend!

I did a few small changes tho...

I made it so that the MCM changes the charisma multiplier in stead of the questscript part. Now you can set the multiplier as high as 5 wich means that you at top get a 50/50 chance to get approached. I set the default value to 1.5 which is the same as it was before MCM. If anyone wants it to be able to go higher than 5 I'll edit it again' date=' but I see no reason for it.

Tested it too. Set it first to 1.5 and stood in a crowded area for a good long time with only one approach. then crancked it up to 5 and after the 5 minute cooldown was over they lined up to hit on my character.[/quote']

Glad it worked! If there are any other plugins you think might benefit from MCM support, I'd be happy to help.

By the way, when new Tryout plugins appear, should I add disable functionality here for the respective factions?

Bugger' date=' I just replaced my old version with the MCM version, I'll have to hunt down MCM now, I assume it's on Nexus, well at least I noticed before running it, I've just recovered from 2 weeks of conflict repairs that turned out to be one companion mod's sound file :)

[/quote']

You can still use the mod without MCM, you just can't change any settings.

Just realized, when you switched from the percent scale I set up to the multiplier scale you wanted, you were unaware that to get decimals to work properly on that scale you need a few lines to be changed.

As it is now, trying to set the multiplier to 1.5 is defaulting to 1 as soon as you close the scale. I'm working on fixing that right now. I think it may also require the quest script to declare Approach as a float, but I'm not 100% certain about that.

EDIT: Fixed. Changed the Approach variable to be a float.

Glad it worked! If there are any other plugins you think might benefit from MCM support' date=' I'd be happy to help.

By the way, when new Tryout plugins appear, should I add disable functionality here for the respective factions?

[/quote']

All the tryout mods should have a menu to adjust approaches, but I want to get the scripts stable first.

Adding other factions here should rather depend on the factions. Are there any other factions it would be weird to have approaching you for hookups? The other factions that will be added to the tryout pack will be a bit differnt from the ones already out, but if people want an option to turn off those then I'm all in for that.

Thank you again for the work! It's really great!

Adding other factions here should rather depend on the factions. Are there any other factions it would be weird to have approaching you for hookups? The other factions that will be added to the tryout pack will be a bit differnt from the ones already out' date=' but if people want an option to turn off those then I'm all in for that.[/quote']

Off the top of my head, NCR MPs and White Gloves shouldn't approach. Really, there should probably be an option for at least every major faction (Brotherhood of Steel, Chairmen, etc.), mainly because it's not all that difficult to add the checks. It would probably take longer for me to find the name of the right faction to disable than it would for me to actually disable it.

I'm still having characters approach me when I'm playing my story-driven male PC game. It not terribly noticing, but it's slightly annoying when every fifteen minutes some man will come up to my male PC with the dialogue clearly talking to a female PC.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, and I've updated to the most recent esp. Anyway, just wanted to let you know and see if anyone else has this problem. I guess I can always just turn it off whenever I know that I won't be using it.

I'm still having characters approach me when I'm playing my story-driven male PC game. It not terribly noticing' date=' but it's slightly annoying when every fifteen minutes some man will come up to my male PC with the dialogue clearly talking to a female PC.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, and I've updated to the most recent esp. Anyway, just wanted to let you know and see if anyone else has this problem. I guess I can always just turn it off whenever I know that I won't be using it.

[/quote']

to be honest. I forgot to put in a female PC check... will be updated

I'm still having characters approach me when I'm playing my story-driven male PC game. It not terribly noticing' date=' but it's slightly annoying when every fifteen minutes some man will come up to my male PC with the dialogue clearly talking to a female PC.

[/quote']

to be honest. I forgot to put in a female PC check... will be updated

Any Chance of a non MCM version?