What is the best Mod Manager?

9 minutes ago, Chu Chulainn said:

I realize that MO hasnt been updated in years

Yeah, well, no. NMM is still maintained by the community with a couple of bugfixes and the like.

But if you want to make the jump, you have Vortex or MO. Personally I'd recommend MO because that's what I use and know. It has a bit of a learning curve, specially if you're used to NMM only. But the same goes for Vortex, as a lot of the procedures and features from MO are also present in Vortex now (+ that funny UI and some automated stuff to prevent user error which leads to less user control...). Pick your poison, but do your research. If you thought MO was years outdated, who knows what else isn't true because you haven't find more info about it.

1 hour ago, Chu Chulainn said:

So hi, about to start modding on a new PC. Ive had NMM in the olden days, but that was before the community takeover.

So with the big three NMM, Vortex and MO, which is the best one? I realize that MO hasnt been updated in years and NMM is also a half year ago?

The best one is the one that meets your needs and that you know how to use properly. Only you can decide which mod manager that applies to for you.

I still use NMM. I have said for over a year that I believe that I will probably move to Vortex one day but, for my money and from what I can see from people who need help, Vortex still has some wrinkles that need to be ironed out. I have no problem dealing with my own mod and load order issues and don't need a mod manager to do it for me. NMM has some functions that make it preferable to using no mod manager at all while not requiring me to learn a complex setup to use a new mod manager.

Hi P-S-A-L-M

Hi Gray

Best ModManager?...

How about u start to install mods Manualy?... at least u know what u add to Your game...

Sometimes some mods have rly fucked instalation, then if i fuck Manual Instalation - and its rare for me to fuck instalation :D

but if i fuck Manual then i use MO ( ModOrganizer ) way better than shit from Nexus ( NMM / Vortex )

Also MO have some stuff that may help u like for example Sorting Load Order

and for another example MO shows u when u miss some MasterFiles - You will have icon and info which MasterFiles u are missing.

//Edit:

ohh its Psalam xD not Psalm :D 

Sad... You gonna stay Psalm forever :D for me :3... my Psalm... :3... yey

On 1/28/2020 at 1:43 PM, Chu Chulainn said:

So hi, about to start modding on a new PC. Ive had NMM in the olden days, but that was before the community takeover.

So with the big three NMM, Vortex and MO, which is the best one? I realize that MO hasnt been updated in years and NMM is also a half year ago?

Mod Organizer 2. It works with Skyrim LE (Oldrim), Skyrim SE, Fallout 4, Fallout 3, etc.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194

Maybe it´s not, at the beginning, the must easy one to learn, but after that, you won't regret it! See Gopher's videos in Youtube. They are excellents!

On 1/28/2020 at 11:17 AM, Psalam said:

Only you can decide which mod manager that applies to for you.

Yea this sums it up nicely..... I use Vortex I like the features it has and ease of use. I have  been using Vortex for well over a year and it has worked flawlessly never had an issue and I install  and uninstall a lot of mods.

Archived