Problems with downloads

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a really weird problem with downloads that just started happening in the last day or two. So far I've downloaded three mods over in the Sexlab Framework section successfully, except that they all have their ".rar" file extensions changed to ".solitaire8". I have no idea why this is occurring, and why only in the last day. I'm using Edge on Windows 10.

Just to reiterate, the files are downloading fine except I have to rename them to fix the file extension.

I'm having a really weird problem with downloads that just started happening in the last day or two. So far I've downloaded three mods over in the Sexlab Framework section successfully, except that they all have their ".rar" file extensions changed to ".solitaire8". I have no idea why this is occurring, and why only in the last day. I'm using Edge on Windows 10.

Just to reiterate, the files are downloading fine except I have to rename them to fix the file extension.

Sounds like incorrect handling of mime types or the work of a malware.

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#10850.1]

An internal error occurred. Please contact an administrator

I don't know if this is the same error others are getting, but I'm using chrome with a cleared cache/ cookies and have antivirus turned off for the moment.  The mod I tried was just the sexlab framework.  I am using an adblocker, but with it off I still receive the same error.

Searching through google, and this has happened frequently to many people for some time. And now it is happening to me. I use a proxy - vtunnel - can sign in ok, view forums and downloads, but....soon as I hit damm download button I get this error.

I don't have this problem with any other site on the internet. Not even torrent sites. I first thought it was the ISP blocking somehow just the downloads, but I doubt it. This is not merely a 'user end' problem.

EDIT:- I tried Vivaldi browser instead of Opera, and this time got to the individual file download buttons...hope flared briefly, I pressed the middles for full SOS (how the hell is the file only 26mb, by the way? No sign of a download button for main file, just the three options) and.....same error message....but this time I got a bit info in a browser message

CGI Error

Error by target server: no WWW-Authenticate header.

This suggests that downlaods, God knows why, cannot be done with a proxy? Anyone?

Edited by TBoneTones
  • 1 month later...

I've also had problems with downloading files until 2 days ago. I've been using a galaxy s5 to download the files for about a month now since i don't have wifi at the moment. Did the rollback somehow block phones from downloading? Dont know if thats even possible.

I've also had problems with downloading files until 2 days ago. I've been using a galaxy s5 to download the files for about a month now since i don't have wifi at the moment. Did the rollback somehow block phones from downloading? Dont know if thats even possible.

If you can connect your phone to your computer you might be able to do "tethering" with your phone to your computer. If you have android you could use :  pdanet.

Intentionally block - No.

Functionally make it damn near impossible to do - Yes.

This forum and the backend software it uses doesn't work well for downloading with mobile phones.

The "new forum" had a much more up to date backend that provided much better support for mobile devices.  Unfortunately, Ashal could not make the new forum very stable or combat the myriad of issues that kept cropping up.  Thus he rolled back and mobile devices are not really supported for downloading again. 

And now you know "the rest of the story"......

If you can connect your phone to your computer you might be able to do "tethering" with your phone to your computer. If you have android you could use :  pdanet.

Intentionally block - No.

Functionally make it damn near impossible to do - Yes.

This forum and the backend software it uses doesn't work well for downloading with mobile phones.

The "new forum" had a much more up to date backend that provided much better support for mobile devices.  Unfortunately, Ashal could not make the new forum very stable or combat the myriad of issues that kept cropping up.  Thus he rolled back and mobile devices are not really supported for downloading again. 

And now you know "the rest of the story".....

Well I thank you both for the info. And also thank you shirow for telling me about pdanet. Its a great thing to have. I also found out the standard internet on my phone wasnt letting me download. I had to get firefox.

Well I thank you both for the info. And also thank you shirow for telling me about pdanet. Its a great thing to have. I also found out the standard internet on my phone wasnt letting me download. I had to get firefox.

Well I'm glad I could help someone here.

hello, been getting an error for a while. When ever I download a .rar from this sight it down loads as a .solitairetheme8 I believe this started after the role back. They work fine if I manually change them back to a .rar just happens on downloads from LL. At first I thought it was my PC so ran scans for malware/virus and searched online for fixes, I found some post about similar problems being linked to how a web page identifies downloads. (Tried different browserss, .7zip and zip are fine it is only .rar)

Think you have a virus.  I've never had anything download with that extension.  Please provide a link to the items you are downloading that are changing the extension and I'll check them.

I ran a full virus scan as part of my trouble shooting. It only happens to down loads of .rar from Lovers lab.

Other web pages they download just fine.

The OS on my computer is windows 10. I have tied firefox and microsoft edge for browsers.

It happens with all .rar (other extensions are fine) I have tried to down load. two mods I know it happened with are.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/go/001d80ea71dabecea65693cc1a551683/sexlab-sex-slaves-21-december-2015

http://www.loverslab.com/files/go/ce5512093fccf6c99e61572672fc3773/a-forsworn-story-updated-01082015

Manualy changing them does work so it is something changing how they are identifed for download. When I searched for causes (with google) it came up simular to issue with how a web page identifies downloads. I saw in the  technical support thread here other people posted the problem but  where told to repost in this thread. Search of thread did not bring up any hits so they did not apear to fallow intructions to get help.

The problem is on your end unfortunately.  I just went to both pages and downloaded all files and every one had the proper rar extension on them.

It could be a virus, malware or just something that is messed up in Win10 with how it handles rar files (a setting or something like that).

I'm running 8.1 myself.

The problem is on your end unfortunately.  I just went to both pages and downloaded all files and every one had the proper rar extension on them.

It could be a virus, malware or just something that is messed up in Win10 with how it handles rar files (a setting or something like that).

I'm running 8.1 myself.

Thanks for looking in to. The odd part is other web sites I can download them from just fine. But if it can not be reproduced on your end I just have to keep manualy fixing the downloads. Will keep looking into it on my end.

If it turns out to be just windows 10, you might be able to fix it via:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8703-default-file-type-associations-restore-windows-10-a.html

I'd think it would be consistent in how it downloads rar files from one web page to another.

What virus scanner are you using?  I've had virus scanners block or rename files as well.

My anti virus in norton get it free from my internet service provider.

No default app is set up for .rar in settings, the default app settings just tells the pc what program to open a file type with it does not change the file name.

From what you are saying it is  either a virus ,my anti virus doing it or a compatibly issue with windows 10 and the download system. (Seams unlikely some one would write a virus to target just this web page.)

(Seams unlikely some one would write a virus to target just this web page.)

Search string: files renamed with locked and random extension Searching for your exact extension did not provide any substantial results.

I agree with gregathit, although after a quick search it may be malware. Get an anti-malware application and run it.

Many Anti-virus programs don't catch malware, commercial apps like Norton IMO suck, so does McAfee, again IMO. (I don't like the level of control they insist on using and they are a bear to disable and uninstall.)

Malwarebytes is a good one, there are other free ones with varying degrees of sophistication. You should be running malware and email shields any ways.

• 2 weeks later...

hi I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere else, but I am having trouble downloading, when I click download (after the 10 second delay) it brings me to a page that says 'sorry we cannot find that contact an administrator' 

Can someone point me in the direction of where this issue is addressed? Please and thank you.

Guest endgameaddiction

Ixera, Information is greatly needed so we can figure out what the culprit is.

It could be your web browser or it could be your internet provider. Satellite internet connectes like Hughs has a problem with LL and doesn't work.

Ixera, Information is greatly needed so we can figure out what the culprit is.

It could be your web browser or it could be your internet provider. Satellite internet connectes like Hughs has a problem with LL and doesn't work.

Then that is my problem I have Hughes Net satellite internet 

I'll have to connect somewhere else to download 

I will see if that solves it, thank you though 

that was exactly my problem, I switched my cell phone into a hot-spot and downloaded and it worked like a charm 

too bad about hughes net, the only reason they are in business is because people in rural areas have no choice but to let them rip you off