Jump to content

(v1.5.1) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"


Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

X or ? means the framework isn't detecting those requirements as properly installed. You can get ? marks for FNIS if you open that MCM in first person, you could try going into 3rd person as mentioned in the guide, that way SL should detect FNIS correctly. If not then you did something wrong while installing or using FNIS.

I see you went for Pandora as  a workaround, if the issue was something related to the install or use of FNIS, this would've fix it. As for the SL creature idles staying as a ?, I don't know. I've never played with creature animations that much and I haven't tested them with Pandora. It could be that SL isn't detecting the files as generated by FNIS, or you need something else on top of Pandora to get working creature animations. If you do use creature anims try to trigger them and see if they work or not. This is part of what I need to test and understand before covering Pandora "officially".

 

It might seem like that. But most mods go back to the usual requirements, so after a while you'll get them all installed. And once you're there you won't need to worry about them anymore. Don't let the amount of requirements be a limiting factor when trying new mods. You can always remove everything and go back to what you had before. And if it's for a well made mod that does something you want, I say it's worth it.

 

 

The basic usage for all 3 animation/behavior patchers is pretty much the same. You download FNIS / Nemesis / Pandora and install it as a mod in MO2, add the .exe file to MO2's executables and run it from there. Once the program opens you'll need to pick the patches you want to apply (depends on the mods you have installed) and press one or two buttons to run the program, wait until it's done and your patched animations and behavior files should be in the Overwrite mod at the bottom of MO2's left panel (you can set dedicated output mods for all 3 programs too). I'll need to do some tests to see how it behaves with the usual SL features and take note of any recommended settings and such to cover it properly in the guide (I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, but mostly for combat and movement mods).

 

As far as I know TNG also supports addons for female characters, you do need to install them separately, same as SOS addons really. There should be some female addons linked in the description. I haven't checked in a while though. If you feel adventurous you could try the new SOS AE-NG. I haven't had time to test this, so I'm not sure how well it works or if it requires additional files to get the female addons.

This might help you with the guide then:

I fixed it, essentially just follow your guide as everything works up until 8.2, then follow the Pandora instruction steps on their mod page (i.e. deleting fnis output folder and replacing it with their own, running pandora instead of fnis etc) and it all works, the blue question mark on fnis creature pack is irrelevant as Pandora runs creature stuff by itself, so that submod as far as I can tell is entirely useless, Pandora replaces it.

Thank you very much for the guide!

Posted
11 hours ago, Milkyburrow said:

the blue question mark on fnis creature pack is irrelevant as Pandora runs creature stuff by itself, so that submod as far as I can tell is entirely useless, Pandora replaces it.

Not really.

 



ScreenShot394.thumb.jpg.10d49f58ef0cea236cc0ecb9335c7d89.jpg

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Hi, new here!


I followed the guide up to step 9.4 and it works fine with one exception: I only get boob jiggle when wearing clothes, but not when naked or having sex.

 

Any idea what might cause this?

Posted
3 hours ago, Glamour Mask said:

Hi, new here!


I followed the guide up to step 9.4 and it works fine with one exception: I only get boob jiggle when wearing clothes, but not when naked or having sex.

 

Any idea what might cause this?

 

Ok, seems to have been a problem with Bodyslide. Can't quite pin it, but physics work now while nude as well.

Posted

Building the correct body in bodyslide is key. Not all of the bodies are physics enabled because some people just want to take screen shots or don't want to see the jiggles. Yes, they are weird like that. 🤨

 

 

Posted (edited)

So I'm trying to downgrade to v. 1.6.1170, because I just keep on running into issues with the newer game (Racemenu not working and other stuff).

 

Now, when I merge the FNIS creature pack with the normal FNIS mod during step 4.3, I get this Overwrite folder full with what seems creation club stuff. Any idea what to do with that?
 

SKSE is the correct version, app manifest is locked, so it can't update. It still downloaded them creation club files though upon first start via SKSE.

 

2026-09-16 18_28_24-Overwrite.png

Edited by Glamour Mask
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 12:34 PM, Glamour Mask said:

Ok, seems to have been a problem with Bodyslide. Can't quite pin it, but physics work now while nude as well.

Like nIn said, you must build the correct sets for both naked bodies and outfits. It's very likely you picked a non-physics nude body set on your first attempt and fixed that on a later run of BS.

 

On 9/16/2026 at 1:33 PM, Glamour Mask said:

It still downloaded them creation club files though upon first start via SKSE.

I'm pretty sure the CC download happens after you launch the game and it's not done like most Steam updates. If I were you I'd move those CC files into an empty MO2 mod and manage them like that (you could make a single mod for all the CC and keep it disabled, make multiple mods to enable things in groups or even move each CC file into its own MO2 mod, but that's a lot of work). You can also delete it if you really won't be using it, I don't think you'll get them downloaded again (unless you go into the mods menu or try to connect to Bethesda or whatever, I really don't know I'll never buy that DLC).

Posted (edited)

My CC dlc all sits in the games Data folder. As installed by Steam originally when I decided to play Skyrim again - that was the AE edition prior to the latest update. MO2 can still manage it individually as it shows up on the top of the left panel - the image 2 posts up shows CC dlc just below the regular unmanaged game esm files.

 

You can enable or disable the CC dlc in the right panel just like your managed mods. LOOT also correctly sorts both managed and unmanaged esm, esp and esl flagged esp files. Placing esp's manually in your right panel (load order) works as always - LOOT won't let you place them before their dependencies regardless of them being managed or unmanaged.

 

You just have to be careful when installing new CC mods to avoid triggering a steam update. When you download CC content while launching the game with MO2 (and SFSE) the CC files will go into the MO2 overwrite folder. You can create MO2 mods for them or just drag and drop them into the game data folder where the Skyrim.esm etc are located.

I hope this helps. Personally I would avoid going into the creation club when playing on an older version of the game.

Edited by nIn nIn nIn
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Like nIn said, you must build the correct sets for both naked bodies and outfits. It's very likely you picked a non-physics nude body set on your first attempt and fixed that on a later run of BS.

 

I'm pretty sure the CC download happens after you launch the game and it's not done like most Steam updates. If I were you I'd move those CC files into an empty MO2 mod and manage them like that (you could make a single mod for all the CC and keep it disabled, make multiple mods to enable things in groups or even move each CC file into its own MO2 mod, but that's a lot of work). You can also delete it if you really won't be using it, I don't think you'll get them downloaded again (unless you go into the mods menu or try to connect to Bethesda or whatever, I really don't know I'll never buy that DLC).

 

Thanks.

So I had the right idea with putting them in an empty mod folder.

I will try to skip the Download on my new attempt.

Some stuff didn't worked as good as I hoped it would.

Think you can add HIMBO into that tutorial?

I think it might make for a good addition.

 

That reminds me... Racemenu currently doesn't work thanks to the 1.7.104 update and it looks like that will be the case for quite some time.

 

Do you have any useful advice for doing all this with 1.6.1170?

Besides ofc downgrading (used the downgrade mod), no updates (locked my manifest), and watching our for the correct SKSE and mod versions?
I don't need Backported Extended ESL Support, from what I gather?

 

 

Edited by Glamour Mask
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Glamour Mask said:

Do you have any useful advice for doing all this with 1.6.1170?

Besides ofc downgrading (used the downgrade mod), no updates (locked my manifest), and watching our for the correct SKSE and mod versions?
I don't need Backported Extended ESL Support, from what I gather?

No need to use Backported Extended ESL Support yeah, that's only for pre 1.6.1130 versions of the game.

I think you're already doing all you can to minimize compatibility issues. If at any point you get an error saying X .dll file failed to load or similar, double check that mod's files. Some mods updated for 1.7 with a single file and older versions like 1.6.1170 is still supported, in other cases mods are released for 1.7+ exclusively (for example Racemenu or Sexlab Framework) so you need to stick to older mod versions while you stay in a downgraded game. I'd like to think this will all be solved in a few more weeks. At that point modding the current version will be the easiest again.

 

5 hours ago, Glamour Mask said:

Think you can add HIMBO into that tutorial?

I'd need to look into it, install and confirm the install process to write proper instructions, because I don't use that mod. But that info is already out there. So try that if you want to add it to your modlist. I do think it would be a good addition, but I'm not sure if or when I'll get to it.

Edited by Just Don't

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...